• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Kawahara Reki : *Laughs*

Face it guys, he won. SAO is here to stay and gaf will forever spiral down into SAO discussions and comparisons.

Ultimadrago

Kawahara Reki : *Laughs*

Face it guys, he won. SAO is here to stay and gaf will forever spiral down into SAO discussions and comparisons.

Accel World is also bad, but Emunoz's toilet talk made it contribute something a bit different. I wonder if he would have found something else had he suffered watched more.

As of now SAO has the Kawahara talk monopoly!

Narag

Muromi 6

Hey, an ep where the humor and writing wins out handily over the animation. Can't complain about that. <3 Otohime

So many postcards.

Muromi 6

Hey, an ep where the humor and writing wins out handily over the animation. Can't complain about that. <3 Otohime

So many postcards.

Huh it took me watching 6 episodes to realize this show is only 15 minutes long...still my 2nd favorite show of the season tho

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Code Geass R2

KdMaYAT.jpg

So I guess I finally got around to watching the second season. It was...interesting. Not bad but kinda overblown at time. but i you all know that, probably, so whatever. idk, I liked it, so shoot me.

Code Geass R2

http://i.imgur.com/KdMaYAT.jpg[/IG]

So I guess I finally got around to watching the second season. It was...interesting. Not bad but kinda overblown at time. but i you all know that, probably, so whatever. idk, I liked it, so shoot me.[/QUOTE]

I liked s1 much better than the second season though it was still worth watching. Hoping it comes to us on bd, so I can at least rewatch it all.

Westlo

Gun X Sword 3

Of course the ep wouldn't be thematically complete without giving them a chance to shine.
It's just a feel good moment when they finally get out the El Dorado V, become this symbol of the town, and win the concern of the townsfolk despite their slow loss to the Armor that appeared to fight them. Even moreso when it wins Van over and he assists them with the delivery of the fifth part of the El Dorado V. I won't lie, I get a little misty eyed out of emotion when the El Dorado V takes its final form and that empty seat arrives in the main cockpit yet the old pilots see Chizuru as she once was. Insert song its set to is just beautiful too and completes the whole little scenario.

The GaoGaiGar references are delicious too given the design of the El Dorado V channels GaoGaiGar's, the G-Stone sound effect is present, the same pose is used as when GaoGaiGar ripped out the Zonder cores, and they're even able to "purify" and save the episode's villain.

Without a doubt, this was the best episode of the series. Rest of the show is up and down but this was a total outlier.

Edit: also props to whoever was responsible for the dub. One of the few shows I prefer to watch that way.

ADIOS AMIGO!!

This episode gets me everytime, loved it when it first aired and I still love it now.

And yeah that insert song really helped make the scene, all those feels. Wish Satsuki Yukino had more vocal roles lately, her main character days are obviously over, wish she got more side roles....

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Code Geass R2

KdMaYAT.jpg
Moving a king one space is not an illegal move. In context it simply leads to a loss and he was declaring checkmate FOR his opponent (because there are no possible moves out of check for white during black's turn). However, all of that bullshit overlooks the REAL comedy in that scene:

Where the hell did the pawns next to black's king come from? They weren't there in the previous two moves!

Code Geass R2

KdMaYAT.jpg

So I guess I finally got around to watching the second season. It was...interesting. Not bad but kinda overblown at time. but i you all know that, probably, so whatever. idk, I liked it, so shoot me.

The thing that gets me the most about this is the :3 at the end of TL Note 4.

Jex

[Cardcaptor Sakura] - 33

CLAMP disease claims another victim.

Based on the animation of the last ten episodes or so I suppose it's fair to say that we wont be seeing the series return to the astonishingly well animated first few episodes of the series. I assume Madhouse realised that maintaining such high levels of quality was impossible over the long run, but I suppose that happens fairly frequently in television anime.

Unfortunately it's not just the animation that's declined over time, the quality of the visual direction has noticeably decreased as well. Which isn't to say that it's become, rather that the first few episodes were far better directed than I would have expected from this kind of series and now the quality has levelled out to be roughly the same as you'd see in any other magical girl series. Except without the flashes of brilliant creativity that something like Sailor Moon brought to the table. Luckily the tone and characters are charming enough to carry the show, even if it doesn't really delivery anything exceptional elsewhere.

Short run time is a positive. in my book. I think the joke would get old at any longer.

Yea I think I'd agree that the jokes wouldnt work if they were stretched any longer, I just wished there were multiple arcs per episode that'd take up the full 1/2 hour block (like 2 different arcs like in shinchan or nichijou)

Narag

Attack on Titan 6

Good stuff, didn't have the terrible interludes killing the mood like with last week. Nice to see the ED given context now too.

Episode didn't given me the answer to what I really wanted to know though and I'd appreciate it if someone familiar with the franchise clue me in on the following:
Eren was a false protagonist and is dead for good, right? I mean this should be obvious but, y'know, anime. Really hoping Mikasa takes over as the POV character as I bought the Eren as protagonist entirely and I'd like to see this transition go through and to not see that awesome shock value cheapened.

Kurita

Attack on Titan 6

Good stuff, didn't have the terrible interludes killing the mood like with last week. Nice to see the ED given context now too.

Episode didn't given me the answer to what I really wanted to know though and I'd appreciate it if someone familiar with the franchise clue me in on the following:
Eren was a false protagonist and is dead for good, right? I mean this should be obvious but, y'know, anime. Really hoping Mikasa takes over as the POV character as I bought the Eren as protagonist entirely and I'd like to see this transition go through and to not see that awesome shock value cheapened.
You want the answer to your spoiler?

Theonik

Moving a king one space is not an illegal move. In context it simply leads to a loss and he was declaring checkmate FOR his opponent (because there are no possible moves out of check for white during black's turn).
Moving the king in check (and thus losing the game) is an illegal move in modern chess.
A game can only be ended by a checkmate or a draw.
Edit: There are some exceptions however mainly regarding certain variants of fast chess.
Edit2: There are of course more than a couple variations of stupid going on in that scene like what you pointed out. (will have to check what they were though)
Though I suppose really the only explanation for the previous example would be that Sneizel was being a dick which isn't really out of character for him.

fertygo

Attack on Titan 6

You're welcome to our side soon.

#TeamDuckroll

Steroyd

Attack on Titan 6

You forgot to consider
the injection the father forced on Eren in that weird flashback in episode 1 (or 2?).

Attack on Titan 6

I don't know the actual answer.
But come on, he's not dead. You think Mikasa is the protagonist of a shonen manga?

Without even considering spoilers, it was a given. And plot-wise, he was swallowed whole, giving him the chance to slash the titan from inside. Most of the people get chomped in half or in the head, which kills thems pretty much instantly.

Titans don't chew their food confirmed.

It'll be the first one, trust me (caught up on the manga)

Yup. Tired of the bullshit some shounen manga/anime makers pull form their ass. I thought this was going to be a semi-realistic battle between the Titans and humans and the anime could reflect on the David vs Goliath theme but no. Fucking shounen. Still its not as bad as lol Ichigo is everything, Aizen planned everything, OP sharingan abillity number 101 etc.

Branduil

I thought we had established that a week after was okay for those things? Or was that in the AoT OT? Either way I'll just cover it if people here have a problem with it

Those rules are specifically for the OT, it can be assumed that people entering that thread are taking their chances on anime spoilers. It's only fair to spoiler-tag all spoilers in a general anime thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom