• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I would have to agree. I think part of it is because he's not obnoxious as fuck about it, but it's like a work of art being made every time.

precisely.
Whether he's trolling or being true to himself, it comes across as a work of art every time, like novid's posts.

Go_Ly_Dow

I would have to agree. I think part of it is because he's not obnoxious as fuck about it, but it's like a work of art being made every time.

His Titan 5 reaction is beautiful.

Attack on Titan Episode 5 – First Battle - Battle of Trost (1)
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I was all hyped for this episode and somehow ended up more hyped even while waiting for the delayed episode to appear on Crunchyroll, then to see it as it started with all awesome and epic motivated Eren, even inspiring Jean (more moments of these two please), some Connie and even newcomer Thomas, I was excited to see this Battle of Trost go down. Unfortunately the anime is still lead by an extremely questionable writing direction with a writer who seems to just want to make this one of the most awful stories to ever be animated.
First why introduce us to Thomas and have him with Eren making him all happy and then give us a good scene with Armin too, only to have them all watch Thomas be devoured like that. It came out of nowhere and caused me to hurt cause I had even got attached to him, expecting him to be like a happy version of Jean :( And then after that, I dont even want to repeat what happened but it was awful, made me step away from the computer and not even come back to the episode for a bit. I dont even want to finish this anime anymore and may just drop it. Eren losing multiple limbs and then being ate up and dying?! He is the hero, the protagonist, he's supposed to be invincible slaying titans like their buttered toast and what not, not the one being smashed like an ant. (oh and of course, Failkasa is safe...). I didnt sign up to get teary eyed from this anime. I wanted good feelings and confidence boosts in morale. Its a shonen action anime after all be more like it please with whoever is rising to take Erens place, I guess Armin or Rivaille? I doubt Ill be able to look at screencaps of Eren for a few days this is like part 2 jjba all over again for me.

The music this episode really sounded like the person decided to revisit a few pieces of the Guilty Crown ost and borrow select moments adding a Shingeki no Kyojin twist to them, the one that sounds extremely like it was inspired from Guilty Crown had to be certain parts of the song playing with Pixis.

Nanoha As - 4

So the show's doing that Code Geass thing where we see both parties acting all nice and stuff outside conflict. I'm guessing the goal of these Guardian Knight people is to fill up the Necronomicon so they can create a world where their wheelchair bound (sister? friend?) Hayate can live in peace.

What's next? Are they going to take down a supreme discrimatory government in the process?

Oh and hi badass transformation sequence.

Nafe

hNcM6dN.png

We could even have an artists interpretation,haha.

You know, I haven't seen any Sailor Moon Doujins but I just thought "Venus Love Me Chain" has probably lead to some interesting stuff...

Think a week.

OK. Thanks guys.

Everyone know Btooms are the superior unit of measurement.

Speaking of Btoom!, I just found out Rica Fukami does the voice of a character in that show! I think I may check it out. I've also started to like Suzuko Mimori's voice work and she supposedly does the voice of that busty girl in this show too.

cajunator

Banned
Nanoha As - 4

So the show's doing that Code Geass thing where we see both parties acting all nice and stuff outside conflict. I'm guessing the goal of these Guardian Knight people is to fill up the Necronomicon so they can create a world where their wheelchair bound (sister? friend?) Hayate can live in peace.

What's next? Are they going to take down a supreme discrimatory government in the process?

Oh and hi badass transformation sequence.

Take all the awesome you have witnessed and ramp it up a dozen notches. But Im being a bit conservative there.

faridmon

I know I don't post as much, but I do here and there and I just want to say bye for few months. Iam gonna ask for a ban since I can't really concentrate on my studies and beyond. I may come back for E3 for 3 days and ask for another until August. My studies is turning into shit, I shouldn't blame GAF... but i sort am. Hopefully this move ups my grade even for a bit.

Have a nice season(s?) You guys rocks!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I know I don't post as much, but I do here and there and I just want to say bye for few months. Iam gonna ask for a ban since I can't really concentrate on my studies and beyond. I may come back for E3 for 3 days and ask for another until August. My studies is turning into shit, I shouldn't blame GAF... but i sort am. Hopefully this move ups my grade even for a bit.

See ya when you get back. (=゚ω゚)ノ

Hope your studies and all that stuff that entails that works out, see you around.

I hope you're not reading this message and are actually studying! Good luck with your school work!

Best wishes.

Mr.Jeff

Still one of my favorite comedies, still angry that the OVAs have been going on for two years instead of a proper second season. Sad sad, cry cry.
Well it could be worse; we could be getting nothing at all or in the worst case scenario, a poor version of a second series like Minami-Ke!

Take all the awesome you have witnessed and ramp it up a dozen notches. But Im being a bit conservative there.
I know the rest of the series is amazingly awesome but there still nothing quite like those gut-wrenching moments in the first two episodes where Team Nanoha
gets their asses handed to them quite brutally. Especially after coming out of the beam-spamming finale of the first series.

Final point, thanks to the magic of Pixiv, I finally solved that nagging sensation I had when watching Gargantia; Amy reminds me a lot of Yurie from Kamichu.

Syrinx

I have never understood the concept of asking for a ban from a website to improve studies.
I mildly pondered it when I got an e-mail saying I was getting a D in physics in March, since I was spending a pretty good amount of tile here. But I just got myself under control and focused mire on my work instead.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I mildly pondered it when I got an e-mail saying I was fmgetting a D in physics in March, since I was spending a pretty good amount of tile here. But I just got myself under control and focused mire on my work instead.

Almost did the same thing myself with my stats class this last semester. Got everything taken care of though.

When things are in the shitter taking every step to get back in the right place, even if it seems insignificant, is usually a good idea.

cajunator

Banned
Self control. Can you stay away from this site for a day, a week?

if necessary. Im just lucky its not necessary for me.
For example I can stay off it for up to 13 hours at work if stuff gets really fucking crazy, which it sometimes does.
Similarly I was able to stay off sites while studying, although my problems with studying were related to a total lack of focus, which isn't a websites fault. It was the way my brain generally cant focus to begin with. I suppose it COULD help but it seems like an extreme reason to ask for a ban. But I also didn't grow up completely in the internet age. I had about 2 decades in school where the internet was in its infancy or not as important to daily life.

cajunator

Banned
Also admittedly I didn't even have a cellphone in school, and a really rudimentary one in college, so I wasn't distracted with 24/7 internet access. I have to say that constant internet access is pretty awesome. I love technology.

cajunator

Banned
Yep, same here. Woo! I actually think I'm posting more now while working than when I didn't have a job.

My job can get so frenetic that I cant even take the time to post a comment on some nights (Fridays usually)
On the weekend you can tell I have more time. It being Monday (my Friday basically) the odds are 50/50 that I will be posting much in here after 6 pm.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Attack on Titan Episode 5 – First Battle - Battle of Trost (1)
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mmcv9cr6Bt1qbxqfpo2_500.png

I was all hyped for this episode and somehow ended up more hyped even while waiting for the delayed episode to appear on Crunchyroll, then to see it as it started with all awesome and epic motivated Eren, even inspiring Jean (more moments of these two please), some Connie and even newcomer Thomas, I was excited to see this Battle of Trost go down. Unfortunately the anime is still lead by an extremely questionable writing direction with a writer who seems to just want to make this one of the most awful stories to ever be animated.
First why introduce us to Thomas and have him with Eren making him all happy and then give us a good scene with Armin too, only to have them all watch Thomas be devoured like that. It came out of nowhere and caused me to hurt cause I had even got attached to him, expecting him to be like a happy version of Jean :( And then after that, I dont even want to repeat what happened but it was awful, made me step away from the computer and not even come back to the episode for a bit. I dont even want to finish this anime anymore and may just drop it. Eren losing multiple limbs and then being ate up and dying?! He is the hero, the protagonist, he's supposed to be invincible slaying titans like their buttered toast and what not, not the one being smashed like an ant. (oh and of course, Failkasa is safe...). I didnt sign up to get teary eyed from this anime. I wanted good feelings and confidence boosts in morale. Its a shonen action anime after all be more like it please with whoever is rising to take Erens place, I guess Armin or Rivaille? I doubt Ill be able to look at screencaps of Eren for a few days this is like part 2 jjba all over again for me.

The music this episode really sounded like the person decided to revisit a few pieces of the Guilty Crown ost and borrow select moments adding a Shingeki no Kyojin twist to them, the one that sounds extremely like it was inspired from Guilty Crown had to be certain parts of the song playing with Pixis.

Finally got around to watching Titan and just finished episode 5. Looks like my wishing came true! Hope
all the guys share the same fate as him!
Hahaha!!

Will post impressions in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom