• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 5

This is one of the best episodes in the show, for me. Mao and Kurz sneak into a Mafia party in Italy and capture Bruno, and are forced to make a James Bond escape, complete with Mao in an evening dress (which Sousuke mistakes for a bathing suit) and Kurz in a tux. Their portion of the episode then becomes a chase through Sicily with explosions and hijinks galore. Meanwhile, Kaname is stressing over Sousuke possibly failing his classes, which she points out "It'd be a problem for ME," as she also worries herself over what manner of relationship the two have. The episode ends with Mao pointing out that maybe all of this is too much for Sousuke to handle, and asking him what he wants to do. Sousuke responds with "follow orders" and she snaps, setting up one of the major themes of the season: What does Sousuke want, and does he really want to follow orders?

Also, in addition to the significant animation bump, there's a serious bump to the music going on in the series, and a great piece plays during Sousuke and Mao's scene, really making the whole thing work:Add it to the list of reasons why FMP! Sigma needs to be animated.

Usagi Drop 1-6

Really original story for an anime: difficulties in raising a child, that isnt yours. The story is about Daikichi and Rin, Daikichi is a 33yo bachelor who raises Rin the illegitimate child of his grandfather. The anime deals with everyday nuissances a parent faces. Nothing amazing happens, just the slow transformation of Daikichis lifestyle.

ToIFbJn.jpg

Rin is CUUUUTEEE

Well he's getting a demotion so he has more hours to spend at home.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Attack On Titan] 06

So is this actually placed on Earth or is Crunchyroll fucking up the subs by using Asia as the place of origin for Mikasa's lineage?
But most AOT male chars are shiteaters. So you can't blame him!
What characters? I just see a bunch of stereotypes.

hi guys,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I wanted to find the title of an old anime movie from my childhood....I think it was made in 1980s from Japan, but not sure about the exact decade or year, to be honest. The bad guys in the movie were these tall brown/dark green cats, and the big bad guy (ie. boss) was a white cat (i think he had red eyes?) The cats all looked so scary at the time. The good guys in the movie were mice, much smaller than the cats.

I remember one scene where the mice are trekking across some rocks by the sea and they get caught by the cats....im sorry that it's the only thing I remember, it was so long ago.

I really thank you for the help.

cajunator

Banned
Finally got around to watching Titan and just finished episode 5. Looks like my wishing came true! Hope
all the guys share the same fate as him!
Hahaha!!

Will post impressions in a bit.

Your avatar always makes me oh so very happy.
can you post the source?

Theonik

CorvoSol

Slayers 4

I love Goury. Guy cannot, for the life of him, get the hang of saying Zelgadis and Shabranigdo, which, in fairness, is because Slayers has stupid hard to say names outside of Lina and Amelia. Lina spends the episode low on MP, or so we're lead to believe, until Goury guesses it is just that time of the month. Apparently, in Slayers world, a woman's period is scene as a dramatic drop in magic usage, as Goury first noticed this with a fortune teller, but also sorceresses and priestesses.

And then Goury points out he has no idea what That Time of the Month means.

jgminto

Attack on Titan 6

That was a good episode. I like Mikasa, she seems like a cool character and learning her past and motivations was interesting. I think they could have done a better job of painting the world pre-wall destruction that episode. They give some tidbits but not enough to really solidify anything. And that running titan was hilarious.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 6

That was a good episode. I like Mikasa, she seems like a cool character and learning her past and motivations was interesting. I think they could have done a better job of painting the world pre-wall destruction that episode. They give some tidbits but not enough to really solidify anything. And that running titan was hilarious.

Indeed it was.

trejo

hi guys,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I wanted to find the title of an old anime movie from my childhood....I think it was made in 1980s from Japan, but not sure about the exact decade or year, to be honest. The bad guys in the movie were these tall brown/dark green cats, and the big bad guy (ie. boss) was a white cat (i think he had red eyes?) The cats all looked so scary at the time. The good guys in the movie were mice, much smaller than the cats.

I remember one scene where the mice are trekking across some rocks by the sea and they get caught by the cats....im sorry that it's the only thing I remember, it was so long ago.

I really thank you for the help.

The description kinda sounds like Gamba no Bouken.

Usagi Drop fin

Well even though the plot is original, it is dragged out. Im surprised this anime lasted for 11 episodes, content wise its very light. The anime started with a good pacing but became tedious once the stage was set. The annoyances of raising a child are all examined, but I expected a bit more drama to be honest, in fact there is no drama at all, its not a bad show, its just that I had different expectations of it, because the ingredients would make for a very good drama(father-daughter relationship). Nevertheless, Usagi Drop is commendable for not being the typical anime about superduper heroes, fanservice, the usual anime cliche plotline etc.

Daikichi is easy to relate to, no more private easy time, making friends who are also parents and discuss parents stuff. Its all in there. I'm wondering where I'll be in 10 years. I really didn't put much thought about the difficulties in looking after a kid.

so shiny

Score 6/10, good anime, recommended. Need to see the manga ending now.

CorvoSol

Gargantia 6

Some of the fanservice felt a little unnerving to me, but I think that might just be because I have it in my head that Amy and her cohorts are pretty young and I find the whole "they're cute and now they're sexy" bit a little jarring. I dunno. Still, the episode's focus on "what do you do with money?" was nice, and the sort of thing I come back for each episode. Like the speculative fiction feel of the show. Ledo also says a lot of "No Problem" which reminds me of Sousuke. They have that in common, I guess.

Usagi Drop fin

Well even though the plot is original, it is dragged out. Im surprised this anime lasted for 11 episodes, content wise its very light. The anime started with a good pacing but became tedious once the stage was set. The annoyances of raising a child are all examined, but I expected a bit more drama to be honest, in fact there is no drama at all, its not a bad show, its just that I had different expectations of it, because the ingredients would make for a very good drama(father-daughter relationship).

Personally I'd rather have Usagi Drop as a simple, straightforward slice-of-life series about parenting than melodrama that gets in the way of the naturalness and believability of the character interactions. That was one of the issues I had with Kids on the Slope.

Cause if you do then that 6/10 will drop to 1/10

I think it's totally fair to mention the manga after people finish the show. Not beforehand.

The manga's bad.

pfff, setting expectations low, but wonzo, bad art or not, I just want a good conclusion :p

Personally I'd rather have Usagi Drop as a simple, straightforward slice-of-life series about parenting than melodrama that gets in the way of the naturalness and believability of the character interactions. That was one of the issues I had with Kids on the Slope.

I guess I would've liked it more as a shorter ova, or movie.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Attack on Titan - 05

Best episode yet. Watching
the giant close his mouth and chomping off Eren's arm in the process had me in stitches. Please let this punk be dead for good so the story can focus on the actual star of the show, my girl Mikasa! Give me more Annie and Sasha too!

lol, posts like these only make me more curious what the hell the deal was with the ending.

Just know the part where the anime leaves off is quite different from what parts the anime covers. Also, people aren't crazy about the ending because it goes in a different direction than they wanted. I personally had no problem with it, but it's not like I loved the series in the first place.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - OVA 06

ZzgKBKe.gif

More of cute girls saying perverted things.
R_thanatos Gif approved.
Will watch this one soon.

Got one more episode to watch from season 2 but I'm definitely starting Rebellion today. You got me hyped for it.
I'm waiting for your reactions. :)

Code Geass R2

KdMaYAT.jpg

So I guess I finally got around to watching the second season. It was...interesting. Not bad but kinda overblown at time. but i you all know that, probably, so whatever. idk, I liked it, so shoot me.
This is not complete without the "kampher TL note" pic on the side.

Usagi Drop should have gone the rotoscope way.

No. Why ?
Usagi drop is a great anime.
I wish they could make a manga version ..

Taruranto

Usagi Drop 1-6

Really original story for an anime: difficulties in raising a child, that isnt yours. The story is about Daikichi and Rin, Daikichi is a 33yo bachelor who raises Rin the illegitimate child of his grandfather. The anime deals with everyday nuissances a parent faces. Nothing amazing happens, just the slow transformation of Daikichis lifestyle.

Rin is CUUUUTEEE

Well he's getting a demotion so he has more hours to spend at home.

Should i?

Edit: I'm late and he already finished it. Oh well, there is always a next time...

Theonik

Attack on Titan - 05

Best episode yet. Watching
the giant close his mouth and chomping off Eren's arm in the process had me in stitches. Please let this punk be dead for good so the story can focus on the actual star of the show, my girl Mikasa! Give me more Annie and Sasha too!
Alas this is a shounen.

CorvoSol

Gun x Sword 1

IT'S A POST APOCALYPTIC WESTERN WITH GIANT ROBOTS. OH MY GOD WHY DID YOU PEOPLE NOT TELL ME THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING OUT THERE LIKE BIG O?

I need to go stare at a wall so I can visualize how empty my head must have been for never even daring to dream of something this great.

THAT GIRL HAS A SHUCKLE ON HER NECK.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Attack on Titan 06:

Man, apparently Eren was a psycho from way back. But how the hell did he find the kidnappers' cabin? Dumb luck? Psycho instinct?

lol @ Mikasa learning (to kill) from the mountain. fuck I really don't know if I want Eren to actually be dead or not now

Gun x Sword 1

IT'S A POST APOCALYPTIC WESTERN WITH GIANT ROBOTS. OH MY GOD WHY DID YOU PEOPLE NOT TELL ME THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING OUT THERE LIKE BIG O?

I need to go stare at a wall so I can visualize how empty my head must have been for never even daring to dream of something this great.

THAT GIRL HAS A SHUCKLE ON HER NECK.

Well I did say you were in for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom