• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Attack on Titan 6

huBbSORl.jpg

They left out the lick! Those Bastards! Pretty good adaptation of Mikasa and Eren's flashback. Though one change from the manga has me wondering...
Manga Spoilers
In the manga Mikasa's mom was giving Mikasa a tattoo that was supposedly of her clan symbol and the place where she got the tattoo has been covered up ever since. Lots of speculation about Mikasa has come from that tattoo and what it really is since we haven't see it yet. Changing it to embroidery in the anime seems very weird.

Well, the author supposedly has input on the anime. I would guess that changes such as embroidery instead of a tattoo are ideas that came from him because they fit better than his original idea, or he wants to troll people who came up with elaborate theories based on one panel of the manga.

cajunator

Banned
Usagi Drop fin

Well even though the plot is original, it is dragged out. Im surprised this anime lasted for 11 episodes, content wise its very light. The anime started with a good pacing but became tedious once the stage was set. The annoyances of raising a child are all examined, but I expected a bit more drama to be honest, in fact there is no drama at all, its not a bad show, its just that I had different expectations of it, because the ingredients would make for a very good drama(father-daughter relationship). Nevertheless, Usagi Drop is commendable for not being the typical anime about superduper heroes, fanservice, the usual anime cliche plotline etc.

Daikichi is easy to relate to, no more private easy time, making friends who are also parents and discuss parents stuff. Its all in there. I'm wondering where I'll be in 10 years. I really didn't put much thought about the difficulties in looking after a kid.

so shiny

Score 6/10, good anime, recommended. Need to see the manga ending now.

This show is excellent soul food.
very heartwarming. The manga does something extremely stupid that really ruins the story.

Cause if you do then that 6/10 will drop to 1/10

Thats not how it works.
manga cannot retroactively affect the score of aan anime.
they are separate entities.

R_thanatos Gif approved.
Will watch this one soon.

I'm waiting for your reactions. :)

This is not complete without the "kampher TL note" pic on the side.

No. Why ?
Usagi drop is a great anime.
I wish they could make a manga version ..

I just realized the girl is nibbling on her ear.
thats pretty rad.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Took a lot longer than expected and tried to include as many as I could. Enjoy.

Seme x Uke

Duckroll x kayos90 (kayos90 would be crushing on her sempai)
Theonik x RurouniZel
Firehawk12 x Ultimadrago
Izayoi x Extollere
Darkside x Enron
Hitokage x Cajunator (Hito would be totally tsun for Cajun)
Wonzo x Articalys
DTL x Cosmicblizzard
7th x Zeroshiki
SDBurton x Chet Rippo
Jexhius x Mature
Kincaido x Solune
Regulus Tera x Mad Pierrot
Dimb x Pizzaroll
ZachDeKoromaru x Seraphis Cain
Dakkumauji x Kurita
Dresden x Branduil
Cuilan x Goo_Girl
R_Thanatos x Moonspeak
Thoraxes x BGBW
Brazil x Jman
Instro x Trejo
Envelope x PdotMichael
Tomat x Maedhros
Jarmel x Sonicmj1
Narag x Nafe
BluWacky x Miladesn
Survivor x Hosannaiexcelsis
Kirbyguy x Syrinx
M_Night x Kayos90
Ryuukan x Haly
Amishpriest99 x GashikunFLCL
Defuser x Steroyd
Chickdigger x Jintor
A Black Falcon x mAcOdIn
Negator x PorcellainThrill
Jgminto x Corvosol
Watanabe Kazuma x Hellsing321
Joe Molotov x Chronoexe
Cjkeats x Psionbolt
Geneijin x DiGiKerot
Milamber x Reknoc
Jim E. Rossler x Terareflection
El_Sloth x Bob_coffee
Fertygo x Oceanblue
Basileus777 x Yami4ct
Andrew J. x Saprol
Awful Falafel x Save n Quit
Westlo x Faridmon
KuwabaraTheMan x Canis lupis
Kagami x Metrotab
Peaceiscloser x _Keiichi_
Kagari x Novid

Yatterman seems worth watching well just based on the images I see...but nothing Id really pledge to support. Hope they get more stuff. Some of the pledge prizes seem alright, how would a dinner work (I guess the usual you have to pay to get there yourself type of thing?).
(0$ of $19000)
tumblr_mmrlxltXSq1qbxqfpo1_400.png
Isn't those big dinner , like party dinners in a huge place with a host ?
It seems like a normal way to gather money .

Code:
R_Thanatos x Moonspeak
Is that how you see me ?

Moonspeak , we need to talk !

Code:
Kagari x Novid

i just laughed out loud !
This pairing is ..."unique" (lol)

Dresden

For whatever reason the idea of yuri pairings just seem more pure than yaoi pairings. The power of the garden.

rip #TeamEmi

I think it died for me when they chose to just extend the weird stalker/tsun relationship the two of them had before the whole mess with Orba happened. The series likes to gloss over stuff in favor of comedy, but at least, come up with a better excuse for Emi continuing to hang out with Maou than just her being tsun.

Andrew J.

Andrew J. x Saprol

Whoa, somebody noticed me!

Saprol's the one who started SAO and Guilty Crown at the same, right? I know I'm pretty lenient and easygoing, and like a lot of anime that are looked down upon, but I'm not that bad, am I?

Articalys

The article title feels a bit misleading, since it sounds like it's really just the two guys running it, even if the whole studio supports it, but anyway:

Studio Gainax Opens Summer Filmmaking Cram School
Gainax anime and game creator Takami Akai (Gurren Lagann, Medaka Box Abnormal, Princess Maker games) revealed at the “Yonago Eiga Jihen” film festival on Monday that he will start recruiting students for a filmmaking cram school on Wednesday. The goal of the Gainax-sponsored summer cram school is to train young creators under the supervision of pro film directors.

The August 25-31 cram school will host 15 people 18 years old and over. Those accepted into the program will stay at Oyamadera Tabigai inn, with five people to a room.

Students will learn the techniques to create a 10-minute-long film under the direction of film director Go Shibata (Late Bloomer, Horikawa-Naka-Tachiuri). (Akai himself produced Negiman, a series of special-effects shorts starring a giant inspired by Yonago's local speciality, white-green long onions.) The cram school will cost 98,000 yen (about US$963) to attend, including room and board.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm skeptical that they'll ever manage to fund a single release, and even then, the odds seem high of getting screwed on a complete series if, say, the first volume of a series is funded and all subsequent volumes fail to do so, but the vintage streaming aspect is definitely exciting. I'm on board for the Yatterman stream at least.
On the ANNcast about this project, they admitted that would be a risk. But they didn't really have a solution. Which makes sense I suppose, if people don't want more of it, there's no reason to keep making more of it.

---

Any chart without ABF x macodin is immediately suspect...

Roubjon

Jeez, why is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time so goddamn expensive on Blu-Ray.

And holy shit this thread moves quickly. I guess OT-8 makes sense now.

Defuser

well uhhhh that was an unexpected pairing for me......

Your move DTL. Are you a yaoi enough dude to create a better list again?

Roubjon

How expensive is it?
I was looking for a bluray version.

Most places have it for $80 to $150 new. I saw one guy get it used for $25 on eBay, but even then most used copies are like $70. And I need Region A too, so I guess I'm playing the waiting game now.

PS3s aren't region free when it comes to Blu-Ray videos, right?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
On the ANNcast about this project, they admitted that would be a risk. But they didn't really have a solution. Which makes sense I suppose, if people don't want more of it, there's no reason to keep making more of it.

I'd almost rather them just forgo the whole kickstarter aspect of the site and charge a subscription fee in order to have more streaming content. I'd throw as much money as they'd ask at them if they could deliver some series that have never received any sort of English translation.

I'll still probably throw down $40 on the Creamy Mami v1 basic dvd tier just for shiggles, I guess. Somebody's got to be willing to try and make the experiment not a total failure.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We could hook-up! Do you like Fantastic Children and/or Utena?

I've been looking for the slightest excuse to mention this, so speaking of Utena, I had salmon and asparagus for dinner tonight and halfway through the meal I just started laughing as I'd realized what I'd done. Totally not intentional.

cajunator

Banned
Im still laughing at my pairing.
Hito is gonna freak out.

): crippling loneliness :cries

crying_squid_girl.gif

So m-moe~
*hugs

Most places have it for $80 to $150 new. I saw one guy get it used for $25 on eBay, but even then most used copies are like $70. And I need Region A too, so I guess I'm playing the waiting game now.

PS3s aren't region free when it comes to Blu-Ray videos, right?

The price is right (to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom