• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

7Th

The situation's the same with male-targeted romance games, but that doesn't stop all-female anime from being popular.

True enough; it's probably not different from the reason most K-ON! doujins (made by fans of the show/manga) include the obligatory faceless male character.

Metrotab

Banned
The funny thing is most moe fans will still watch it because of the KyoAni brand.

Which makes me think the discussions will actually be very interesting.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Evangelion 3.33:

Note: Anno is a brilliant director, and it shows here as well. But the writing... :/

I remember when playing Catherine, I had the same thought as Yahtzee did about the story. If the main character would take 5 minutes to just explain things rather than do nothing but angst about it, shit would eventually sort itself out.

Well, now. Eva 3.33 has successfully taken this formula and reversed the roles. Everyone in this movie sans Shinji is a massive twat (not that he doesn't do a few twat things himself...), and if they would just take a few minutes to not be such whiny bitches to explain what Shinji caused at the end of 2.22 to him then maybe that damn collar wouldn't have been fucking "necessary"

The irony of the entire fucking cast is best encapsulated in this bit:

EvaQ_zps639e83f1.jpg

Oh yeah, it's not like you and everyone else in the cast (except Sakura for the most part) isn't doing the exact same fucking thing! Project much? All of them basically disavow any of their wrongdoing in the past (esp. Misato) and pin all the blame on Shinji to assuage themselves of their own guilt. They fucking deserve to lose.

TL;DR: Everyone in this movie is a massive twat, and I can't root for any of them.

OceanBlue

I'm sure people here will watch to keep track of their favourites husbando or some shit like that...

BTW, still have tons of show to watch and no time to watch them. =/
Glasses > Black > Rival > Short blonde > Tall blonde.

The fanarts for this are going to be an anatomy-nightmare, won't they?
Well, with how often we'll supposedly see the character's naked upper bodies, I'm sure they will at least have some decent references.

Hey guyz, I've found a superior FREE!
wEhwdO2.jpg
Lol, damn. That's really cute. Green especially.

Theonik

Valvrave 03
I can't breathe. Oh my sides.
Not as dumb as the last episode but between the social crap and ERU ERFU being a god I couldn't stop laughing. HEY THE PRESIDENT WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND ON FACEBOOK! 700m friends etc. Also the best nut/screw escape since Chirico on VOTOMS 01.

True enough; it's probably not different from the reason most K-ON! doujins (made by fans of the show/manga) include the obligatory faceless male character.

That or strap a penis on one of the girls. I guess actual yuri sex is just to hard for them.

7Th

Well, the thing with Free! is that it ALIENATES straight males and blatantly cuts any potential audience from that side; I say this because I'm sure otaku mostly prefer to not have ANY manservice in their anime.

Or at least that's what Shaft and Shinbo told me when they censored every single instance of it in Nisemonogatari.

cajunator

Banned
Attack on Swimming

Warning: Strong 4chan dialogue. Probably NSFW.

INcredible how much vitriol this caused.
People should save all that hate and channel it towards something more deserving, like SAO.

You know it's a real pain in the ass to google "Free!"

Just google Free! + Kyoani or something. there are ways. Itsl ike finding stuff about the band "fun."

Wait, this week Chihayafuru is a recap?!

4bWaLqx.gif

PERFECT gif for this!

Metrotab

Banned
All the vitrol is meaningless. When the show starts to air, there will be 'best guy' discussions (both ironically and unironically) everywhere.

Bless your heart. ;_;

Straight pairings are boring, plain, like vanilla ice cream.

Yuri is awesome and delicious, like strawberry ice cream.

You get?

Again Sdburton got it. Congrats to you Sdburton.

But Yuuta is a boy.
Seriously ? Let's check .... Damn .

Well it doesn't matter Ah ah ah . This is one of the things i've learned by watching "you're under arrest" 4 times.
Yes sometimes you can make an exception if the state of mind of the protagonist is in the right place.

Ok my first picture was a bad example...Should i flood this board with nanoha, marimite , yuru yuri and so on ???

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yes, that's the 4koma I mentioned on the previous page. Can someone please translate the author's recent blog post?

http://xxshanimunixx.blog92.fc2.com/blog-entry-79.html

It sounds to me like he's announcing that Free! is going on hiatus. He then apologizes profusely, and (if I'm reading this right) says that the hiatus is not for health reasons, and that he'll be able to reveal the reason for the hiatus "when the time comes". There's also something about "untimely circumstances".

...huh. If I were a bit of a conspiracy theorist, I'd almost think that his Free! is going on forced hiatus due to KyoAni's Free!.

7Th

The actual Swimming Anime PV doesn't look very hot, tho. It looks about the same as Chuu2Koi and it has the same unpolished, gaudy art direction. KyoAni has been slacking lately; they didn't match their consistently visually stellar work in K-ON!(!), Nichijou and Hyouka in either Chuu2Koi or Tamako.

It sounds to me like he's announcing that Free! is going on hiatus. He then apologizes profusely, and (if I'm reading this right) says that the hiatus is not for health reasons, and that he'll be able to reveal the reason for the hiatus "when the time comes". There's also something about "untimely circumstances".

...huh. If I were a bit of a conspiracy theorist, I'd almost think that his Free! is going on forced hiatus due to KyoAni's Free!.

Or maybe KyoAni is trolling us and will then reveal that this Free! is actually the manga Free!

Thoraxes

I feel similarly about it. Not into swimming anime or the depiction thereof. not even in haremshits. Just bores me. I dont even swim much IRL. Its blah. I watched Tsuritama with mostly dudes in it because fishing is awesome, and if this show was about fishing I would totally watch it.

Exactly.

Maedhros

The actual Swimming Anime PV doesn't look very hot, tho. It looks about the same as Chuu2Koi. KyoAni has been slacking lately; they didn't match their consistently visually stellar work in K-ON!(!), Nichijou and Hyouka in their newer shows.

They probably burned they money making these shows. Their visuals were stellar, most of the time.

7Th

I think a running show would probably be more a lot exciting; swimming isn't very fun to watch as it isn't nearly as fast.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Valvrave The Liberator] 03

When you rely on plot twist after plot twist instead of good characterisation (as in, not fucking stereotypes, or at least non-boring stereotypes) then it stands to reason the character moments are dull.

I had to stop around the fifteen minute mark. Nothing of consequence was happening, and instead I started browsing this thread while I was letting it play. I think that says everything about my opinions on this show.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't think they can, since his manga came first I would think.

Again, conspiracy theorist stuff here, but if this happened, I'm sure money was involved somehow. Even if his came first, I'm sure he (or Manga Time Kirara) wouldn't object to putting it on hiatus for the right price.

/tinfoil

Thoraxes

The actual Swimming Anime PV doesn't look very hot, tho. It looks about the same as Chuu2Koi and it has the same unpolished, gaudy art direction. KyoAni has been slacking lately; they didn't match their consistently visually stellar work in K-ON!(!), Nichijou and Hyouka in either Chuu2Koi or Tamako.
And the K-ON and Haruhi movies too. Those things were gorgeous.

#TeamGlasses unite

It's already happening.

By the way:

Glasses > Brown > Black = Red > Yellow

I'll be a supporter of #teamglasses from the sidelines just because they're red.

I think a running show would probably be more a lot exciting; swimming isn't very fun to watch as it isn't nearly as fast.

Well, at least we can have people post their orgasms in here about the water animation, if anything good is to come about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom