• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

It sounds to me like he's announcing that Free! is going on hiatus. He then apologizes profusely, and (if I'm reading this right) says that the hiatus is not for health reasons, and that he'll be able to reveal the reason for the hiatus "when the time comes". There's also something about "untimely circumstances".

...huh. If I were a bit of a conspiracy theorist, I'd almost think that his Free! is going on forced hiatus due to KyoAni's Free!.

Interesting. Thanks.

cajunator

Banned
Hey guyz, I've found a superior FREE!
wEhwdO2.jpg

Hmm this is kind of interesthnnnnnnnnnngh

augh!!

The actual Swimming Anime PV doesn't look very hot, tho. It looks about the same as Chuu2Koi and it has the same unpolished, gaudy art direction. KyoAni has been slacking lately; they didn't match their consistently visually stellar work in K-ON!(!), Nichijou and Hyouka in either Chuu2Koi or Tamako.

Thinking about it, what bothers me about the look of both Chuunibyou and Tamako Market is that the coloring looks like early digital coloring - that bold, stark, garishly contrasted look. They don't have the subtle mastery of digital art that Hyouka brought to a high pitch. Strange.

Go_Ly_Dow

Aku no Hana - 4

Holy shiiiiiit. This is so gripping. I hate Nakamura so fucking much, dieeeee!!!1

Why am I get a School Days type sensation from this show!? :(

Metrotab

Banned
I'm expecting a typical boy band in terms of characterisation. You can already see black hair will be the brooding, moody hard exterior guy.

Kagami

It'll probably become easier to search for the anime after it gets more announcements or after it airs.
Looks like searching for "腐ree" gets better results than "Free," although still not the official site yet.
("fu" (腐) from fujoshi (腐女子) + "ree" = "Furee")

Shergal

Thinking about it, what bothers me about the look of both Chuunibyou and Tamako Market is that the coloring looks like early digital coloring - that bold, stark, garishly contrasted look. They don't have the subtle mastery of digital art that Hyouka brought to a high pitch. Strange.

I think Tamako wasn't so bad with the coloring, but yeah Chuu2 was ugly as sin.
It's also true that the actual animation in those two can't compare to the shows 7th mentioned.
What I'd like is for more background art of the same quality they were in Hyouka. The art director for that was Shuhei Okude, who had never done art direction before. Hopefully he gets to work in another show, he seems pretty amazing.

Mr.Jeff

After I wondered about the lack of progress last night, I get home to find 14 proper size pages awaiting me. I wondered what possibly could have caused it since nothing really of note happened today but I didn't expect such a response from the Free! announcement.

I don't really understand the vitriol either; isn't there s how nearly every season that is basically along the same lines? Or is it just because it's KyoAni?

This looks kinda alright but there are some really oddly proportioned shots in there. Still, after the first 2 and a bit seasons I guess I can see where it goes.

RE:Strawberry Panic

I liked this series a lot.
Nakama.

On a final uninteresting side note, my copy of the 8th Spice and Wolf novel turned up today. Celebrate good times.

Jex

Perhaps they found that it was simply too much work to bring the art up to that same level as they had done in their previous works.

Mr.Jeff

Glorious 100ppp is the future. Although when it reaches the gif spam at the end of the thread, I do occasionally weep as everything shuts down.

cajunator

Banned
After I wondered about the lack of progress last night, I get home to find 14 proper size pages awaiting me. I wondered what possibly could have caused it since nothing really of note happened today but I didn't expect such a response from the Free! announcement.

I don't really understand the vitriol either; isn't there s how nearly every season that is basically along the same lines? Or is it just because it's KyoAni?

This looks kinda alright but there are some really oddly proportioned shots in there. Still, after the first 2 and a bit seasons I guess I can see where it goes.

Nakama.

On a final uninteresting side note, my copy of the 8th Spice and Wolf novel turned up today. Celebrate good times.

Yes. Pretty much because some people value KyoAni to the point that they claim it is theirs and will not allow them to make anything they do not agree with.

Look at the glorious 50ppagers. We are truly experiencing GAF as it was meant to be experienced.

This is truth.

Defuser

Considering how bloody fast this threads moves, 100pp is needed for me. I don't want to sift through 10 pages when I can sift through 5.

Tenumi

Banned
Since we are on that subject, everytime I see someone mention Futari wa Precure, I keep having dirty thoughts about the main characters.

Way late on this one, but I have totally had that problem in the past. Darn words have to be so similar...

On a Precure note, I expect to finish Smile within a month or so, and I've got no clue what one to watch next. I've already watched Heartcatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom