• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRECISELY! She's one of the best additions to the cast ever, and with your reasons, I would say the lack of a new member joining after Milk is probably the main reason why she got so much development. I think that's my theory on why Fresh's
Setsuna
had more development than Suite's
Ellen
because Fresh didn't add a new character after her, whereas they neutered Suite by adding a new Cure towards the end.

Well in suite case , ellen was totally cast aside to make place for "muse" despite the fact that muse was around since the start ( but didn't do much except 4 eps ).
Muse should have joined forces And then BEAT should have came.
They didn't have much time to expand on them.

But it's even weird since , to this day the best
Go from evil - to ally
is still michiru & kaoru from splash star that didn't had this problem at all since they took enough step to make them interract with the rest of the cast at various levels ( enough ) so that you do feel the gap.

That and the fact that they were kicking ass every time tey were on screen.

In fresh setsuna did profit from the void left to be the focus. Ellen did such a 180 that they needed even more chara develloppement to fix this.

In "gogo" it was just impossible to add more characters in a same show without going for an overkill. ( 6 precure in totally the limit that a regular show can handle )

Jeeze the anime is that far behind? Wait they did filler in the middle of the war arc? What the hell?

This is nothing new. Even one piece sometimes go on fillers in the middle of regular arcs.
The problem is that naruto is kinda the king of this . Naruto 8 to 22 ( verrrrrrry slow pacing ) and naruto 134 to 210 are just baffling in how they managed to make fillers in the most unexpected places.

Not even dragon ball Z compares IMO.

e_i

cXyFkRd.gif

Stuff of nightmares.

CorvoSol

Musashi GUNDOH 2

I love how the animation budget was so low that, not only could they not afford more than two frames per motion, and not only were those two frames sloppily placed so that people would look like a step forward was backward for a split-second, but also there was apparently no money to draw backgrounds, so instead the cardboard cut out characters just slide around pictures of historic japan and wail terrible dialogue.

Apparently keeping the music going constantly was too expensive, too, so they had to have it cut out at random times. And how is just touching a gun to another gun knowing gundoh? And uh, is it just me or is that guy's gun of a make too modern for medieval Japan?

OH NO HE DUAL WIELDS OH NO WHY DID WE NEVER THINK OF THAT!?!?!

Also what's with the Japanese History lessons? I guess there was a guy named Musashi and he beat a guy named Sasaki at some point? But that happened for reals and not in this make believe world where wielding two guns is a big deal?

I-is this blonde old guy with the monkey who I think it is? Either way his face is positively terrifying.

Nanoha As -12

Epic final boss is epic.

Well the awesomeness is almost coming to a close. I'll post my final thoughts about this season after the next episode....

And I'll talk about the next anime I'll look at before I watch StrikerS. Which one? Eh. You'll find out after I see the next episode.

wonzo

Banned
Musashi GUNDOH 2

I love how the animation budget was so low that, not only could they not afford more than two frames per motion, and not only were those two frames sloppily placed so that people would look like a step forward was backward for a split-second, but also there was apparently no money to draw backgrounds, so instead the cardboard cut out characters just slide around pictures of historic japan and wail terrible dialogue.

Apparently keeping the music going constantly was too expensive, too, so they had to have it cut out at random times. And how is just touching a gun to another gun knowing gundoh? And uh, is it just me or is that guy's gun of a make too modern for medieval Japan?

OH NO HE DUAL WIELDS OH NO WHY DID WE NEVER THINK OF THAT!?!?!

Also what's with the Japanese History lessons? I guess there was a guy named Musashi and he beat a guy named Sasaki at some point? But that happened for reals and not in this make believe world where wielding two guns is a big deal?

I-is this blonde old guy with the monkey who I think it is? Either way his face is positively terrifying.

gundoh2i.jpg

Well in suite case , ellen was totally cast aside to make place for "muse" despite the fact that muse was around since the start ( but didn't do much except 4 eps ).
Muse should have joined forces And then BEAT should have came.
They didn't have much time to expand on them.

But it's even weird since , to this day the best
Go from evil - to ally
is still michiru & kaoru from splash star that didn't had this problem at all since they took enough step to make them interract with the rest of the cast at various levels ( enough ) so that you do feel the gap.

That and the fact that they were kicking ass every time tey were on screen.

In fresh setsuna did profit from the void left to be the focus. Ellen did such a 180 that they needed even more chara develloppement to fix this.

In "gogo" it was just impossible to add more characters in a same show without going for an overkill. ( 6 precure in totally the limit that a regular show can handle )

Yeah, In Muse's case, despite the fact that she was around longer than Beat, they hardly did much to expand on her, OR her identity so it was just getting flashed in our faces towards the end.

For Michiru and Kaoru, they also have the most disappointing support of all of the
villian to ally
characters because they're relegated to extras that don't amount to anything in movies.

Ellen's 180 was probably due to the mind control aspect of it. She was eventually regaining her senses until Mephisto stepped in, which cut off some of the character development for her. In regards to that, I think another problem was due to how Hibiki started getting more spotlight in regards to importance since she was able to hear the Crescendo Tone. Setsuna did not suffer that since she was one of the main three characters that hogged the spotlight already, the other two being Love and Wester, because Soular is lazy as hell.

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 17

This was a strangely uplifting episode, despite the evens within it. Really nice song he was playing on his instrument during the flashback. How didn't he get sick though?

Cool to see the trio's been restored.

Mushibugyo+Episode+6+a8.jpg

Mushibugyo 6

Jinbei's earnest attitude is really effective against everyone he meets.

And look, he even managed to cut an insect with his sword for once (even if it was just a Mosquito).

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket 04
You know, Chris is pretty cute. Also I'm not sure if this is intentional or bad spelling. Again pretty good episode, preview looks promising. Kid's world about to get shattered :(
That death scene on the mech was handles quite well.
Edit: I forgot to mention, I really find the ripping off of sound-effects here pretty hilarious. Beam sabers for example sound like lightsabers and there are other instances like the game on episode 1 or 2 borrowing NES sounds.

Soma

PhotoKano 3-6

Not really sure why I caught up with this show but I had time to kill and it's a nice mix of creepy smut and romantic fluff. Kind of like an inferior Amagami at this point.

In any case I hope Muroto gets her route soon as I'm just a really big fan of the whole twintail-megane kaichou archetype.

And also because got damn, gurl.

Tenumi

Banned
Smile Precure: 25

Hurray, A beach episode! One that, if you don't include Candy, has none of the cast in bathing suits. What a downer. On the plus side,
The rivalry and friendship bits for March and Sunny were pretty good, though it took down the other three a bit competence-wise in the battle

----

Its been a bit of a rough day today mentally. Need some time to recharge. Hopefully anime helps that.

Ef a tale of melodies fin

Better than Memories. Great artistic style, it looks good. The plot is kind of mediocre, it brings nothing new to the table. Will have to watch both seasons again later. The 2 chapters I liked were Chihiro and Kuze. I said it many times but the strongest point of Ef is how beautiful it can look. There is this one episode that is mainly in black and white, emphasizing on the sad emotional outcome and ending.

In fact, many scenes rely strongly on the artistic direction as if to visualize emotions.

Good soundtrack too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfHa7PgUeU

I also liked the characters

''Even if I die, I'll live'', this scene was unsettling, he was so helpless

Being born only to die is pointless

how can you show somebody when he's already dead lol

score 5/10, appreciate it because its art

Arata THe Legend 6
tumblr_mmroaxFsdB1sp1ktjo1_500.gif

Great fights and moments but wow this series is darker than I initially thought.
That Akachi slaying of the people even after promising their safety and then even Kannagi having incinerated someone previously. It seemed to be a huge contrast to the previous arcs happy ending of sorts. Anyway Hinohara's weapon is awesome

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 17

Fuck fuck fuck FUCK! This arc is gonna piss me the fuck off. Wretched pyramid schemes.

Also, Student Council President a shit. Using his hikkikomori insecurities to get money. Woooowwww

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Gunbuster]

At some point one of the officers in the space force speculates that they are the Milky Way's way of dealing with stuff they don't want in, but I think the idea that they are just lifeforms that happened to evolve into a pattern of intergalactic parasitism works better. Having humanity and the space monsters simply duke it out in natural struggle for survival sounds like a more elegant concept to me.
Kind of. The question was only theorized briefly, like a possible non-definitive explanation, and not seen as a definitive one. The characters were shown already as too focused on the matter of their desperate survival (through sacrifice) and not on the reasons behind their problems, after all.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I suppose it never really was about that stuff anyway, despite the hard scifi concept of time dilation anchoring the show. Which, hell, is perfectly fine.

Good morning AnimeGAF.

That moment when one of your co-workers says good morning to you by creeping up behind you and gently rubbing your shoulders. Yup.

But do your students call you "Mother'?

(Also, have you read the Persona 4 novel yet. :( lol)

Naruto Dub 6-9

While I enjoyed the first real battle of the series, I must say the anime pacing is freaking awful. Seriously why on Earth is this 1:1 pacing? I get that with One Piece when the anime is only 40ish chapters behind the manga and if you did 1:2 pacing you'd get caught up and forced to enter filler hell, but the Naruto anime at this point should have been way behind the manga. Nothing about the first fight with Zabuza should have taken 3 episodes, maybe if we didn't have a flash back to something we'd seen literally 2 minutes ago the pacing would be better.

JCG

Always happy to see more Gunbuster love, even if I miss the original posts.

Gun x Sword 2

It really is like the spiritual successor to Big O. Van is the same cool customer, Dan's head kinda reminds me of Big O a bit, and he even has the put upon side-kick. It's so worth it. HIS GIANT ROBOT FALLS OUT OF A CRUCIFIX SATELLITE. Then there are the mustachios of power in this episode upon which nobody comments. They're just there to be awesome.

Yeah...it's funny how I somehow didn't like that episode much the first time around, though I've gotten more out of it during re-watch.

Hope you enjoy the next one too. It's a fan favorite for a good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom