• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanoha As - 13 END

So that was Nanoha As. My final thoughts:

Pretty much that. What a wonderful, heartwarming show. It had a brilliant final act.

First off, at
Reinforce
:

I don't know how they did it, but they were able to give a BOOK character. The conflict that was going on throughout the entire show was very well done and had me on the edge of my seat. I really liked the fact that there was no real villain in the show. Almost every other anime I watched had some other asshole who was responsible for the shit the characters went through. Here however, the characters have very good reasonable motivations that actually makes them HUMAN. The whole scenario where these Guardians desperately try to save Hayate's life is very saddening and actually sort of puts our heroes in a negative light of some sorts, but that's because they didn't actually talk it out instead of fight.

The climax is wonderful seeing all these characters go for one massive rush against the program that was the source of it all.

I really don't know what else to say, I just loved it. Time to give this franchise a break though before I go on to StrikerS. Cause I have some other anime to watch.

First one is more or less an apology to those who were offended when I said I didn't like the show because of the 4kids DUB:

index_3.jpg

All right folks. I'll give the subbed version a shot and see how it goes. But alternatively:

When I saw the plot description for this, I thought to myself; "Wow this looks hilarious." It was apparently good enough to warrant a crossover with DBZ and One Piece, but I just want to hear AnimeGAF's consensus on it.

All in all, thanks to those who told me to keep going with Nanoha, cause I didn't leave disappointed. See ya next time.

make sure to watch the movie. So good and delicious.

iNOHRGIIQPwBo.gif

iboitKrBAJzbw4.gif

http://i.minus.com/in9hK015cvKkX.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibc0fZ8yYOvr8I.gif

And kinda lewd

So I wasn't imagining how lewd the transformation sequence was for the first Nanoha movie.

Anyway, would it be recommended to watch Nanoha A's movie or watch Nanoha As and then its movie?

Jarmel

Banned
Turn-A Gundam 23-

Yea that fight was pretty lazy, reminds me of Attack on Titan. Are they seriously going to introduce new-Newtypes into this? Also that might be the most ridiculous and best headshot I've seen in all fiction.

trejo

It would be even more awesome if cajunator and rurouni actually did rule 63 interpretations of the pairings in order to complement SDBurton's masterpiece.

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?

It'd be such a shame to let such a good idea go to waste, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it?

Did they seriously need to add
loli nipples
to the transformations? I must've blocked them out cause I don't remember those.

jbug617

Banned
Yuyushiki 6

So sad that
Pink can't have the same relationship as Yellow and Blue. 2nd episode in a row they show her getting jealous.
. Also for the people who like Mom she is shown a good amount this episode.
lol at the girl threatening Yellow over Aikawa.

So I wasn't imagining how lewd the transformation sequence was for the first Nanoha movie.

Anyway, would it be recommended to watch Nanoha A's movie or watch Nanoha As and then its movie?

A's and then the movie. Both movies leave out a ton of Nanoha and Fate's character development.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Flowers of Evil Episode 6 – Flowers of Evil 6 of 13

Kind of unappealing episode all around.
Kasuga just has nothing going for him and hes kind of bad for a character anyway, so I can never get attached, Saeki is apparently dying to sex (not what I signed up for). and is not innocent so thats not good either, and Nakamura is just way too into things, forward, and just ruining things. At this rate the best character in the cast is easily the girl who handed him the handout to give to Saeki...I dont know, I wasnt looking or wanting to view a romance such as this that would go all the way.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

========================================

Aku no Hana - 06

Oh man if Saeki
really ends up to be a twisted pervert like Kasuga I think I'll lose it.

Nakamura
ding-dong ditching had me rolling.

I really don't know what else to say, I just loved it. Time to give this franchise a break though before I go on to StrikerS. Cause I have some other anime to watch.

You should probably pretend like A's is the last entry in the franchise. StrikerS is basically an exercise in regret, self-loathing and time wasting.

Just bask in the glory that was Nanoha A's and move on with your anime watching life.

Doki doki precure - 15
Again , new lovees ??
How many toys do they wish to sell for this season , lol ?

With this , i can already see it . 1 bow , several arrows , each sold sperately !
And we're not at mid season yet.!!!

Anyway , this open a large problem if regina doesn't EVEN need a selfish thought to corrupt!!

The rules have changed and .. Regina rocks in a good way.

dokidoki_precure_art.jpg

So selfish , so cute !

You better stay a long time regina !

Doki doki precure - 15
Again , new lovees ??
How many toys do they wish to sell for this season , lol ?

With this , i can already see it . 1 bow , several arrows , each sold sperately !
And we're not at mid season yet.!!!

Anyway , this open a large problem if regina doesn't EVEN need a selfish thought to corrupt!!

The rules have changed and .. Regina rocks in a good way.

You better stay a long time regina !

That's sooo adorable!

Regina is best girl

That's sooo adorable!

Regina is best girl

I'm so hyped for next episode !

Regina is on the attack and this change of events is Sooo welcomed.

BUT :

They need 5 stones , each girl so far found one , and mana won't be different so i guess the final stone will be found in regina ??

DAT TWIST !!

I'm so hyped for next episode !

Regina is on the attack and this change of events is Sooo welcomed.

BUT :

They need 5 stones , each girl so far found one , and mana won't be different so i guess the final stone will be found in regina ??

DAT TWIST !!

Strangely enough, I'm fearing when/if she becomes
Cure Ace
. They might do something unspeakable.

She really is the show's best aspect right now, though.

Strangely enough, I'm fearing when/if she becomes
Cure Ace
. They might do something unspeakable.

She really is the show's best aspect right now, though.

They have a good chance of doing things well if they take this occasion to properly make her change. Not a 180° ( she better keep a part of that personality ) or just do better ( assuming they have enough time to devellop her character ).

But it's without a doubt a tricky spot for them to manage ..but if they do well dokidoki will be in my TOP 3 for sure.

Narag

Gun x Sword 2

It really is like the spiritual successor to Big O. Van is the same cool customer, Dan's head kinda reminds me of Big O a bit, and he even has the put upon side-kick. It's so worth it. HIS GIANT ROBOT FALLS OUT OF A CRUCIFIX SATELLITE. Then there are the mustachios of power in this episode upon which nobody comments. They're just there to be awesome.

Looking forward to your episode 3 impressions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seems like a pretty insightful kid to me. Now I'm curious too.

Obviously, the weight of the snow would have to equal the buoyancy of the helium. So as the balloon floats upward, it encounters more and more snow until it's weighed back down. But since the surface is round, once the balloon reaches the ground it will tip over and dump some of its snow, and if it dumps enough it'll fly back up again. Kind of like those bamboo things in Japanese gardens except it's a single red balloon on a cold overcast snowy day.

:firehawk

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I cant remember a single thing from Gun x Sword outside of the
stripper
. She was a good character. They really went out of their way to highlight her assets.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Haly

I wonder if the temperature of the snow would end up popping the balloon.

I didn't even consider that! Depending on how filled it was before this is very much a possibility.

wonzo

Banned
I wonder if the temperature of the snow would end up popping the balloon.
Seems like a pretty insightful kid to me. Now I'm curious too.

Obviously, the weight of the snow would have to equal the buoyancy of the helium. So as the balloon floats upward, it encounters more and more snow until it's weighed back down. But since the surface is round, once the balloon reaches the ground it will tip over and dump some of its snow, and if it dumps enough it'll fly back up again. Kind of like those bamboo things in Japanese gardens except it's a single red balloon on a cold overcast snowy day.

:firehawk
I didn't even consider that! Depending on how filled it was before this is very much a possibility.
She actually mentioned they kept on disappearing every time so that's most likely the case.

so :doggypoo

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DokiDoki! Precure - 12

Y5lLh9S.png

Cropping the image with just Mako left would lead to a pretty awesome 'Ican'tdealwiththis.jpg' wink wink nudge nudge

These beast mode moments are cracking me up. What's supposed to be an 'oh shit' moment, the girls are at a loss at either how silly or in this case, how cute the enemy becomes. It's a nice change from what we're used to.

Overlord at work - 05

Excellent episode !!
So far this anime has a decent balance between serious and not serious moments and this episode was filled with action and cool things.

There is not much to say ..it was VERY enjoyable !

Why didn't the hero wear the full armor for fighting ? to conserve magic ? the mix between OL uniform + legs guard + sword wasn't bad. But it could have been better.

Haly

I think you could deflate the balloon by getting it cold, not pop it.

I think that would require liquid nitrogen which is way below any temperature natural snow can achieve.

Don't quote me on this tho.

They have a good chance of doing things well if they take this occasion to properly make her change. Not a 180° ( she better keep a part of that personality ) or just do better ( assuming they have enough time to devellop her character ).

But it's without a doubt a tricky spot for them to manage ..but if they do well dokidoki will be in my TOP 3 for sure.

Well it has a lot to live up to for right now.

Interesting enough I don't think I've seen any Yuri
doujins

Wait... that doesn't work... I don't think I've seen any Heartcatch's Yuri
doujins
. I think that works.

Ojamajo Doremi 2

That's what happens if you run away, along with screwing over the demograph. Neither one doesn't understand each other or their scenario, so Doremi's friend whatsherface (forgot her name) gets exposed to domestic violence.

I'm clearly making this sound more disturbing than it probably is, but it's not far from the truth.

Also dat Toei Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom