• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Anno is a true troll. You thought you were getting a good movie?

Branduil's impressions just further tell me that Anno has done a good job.

I just hope it continues to troll Evangelion fans.

That's just the thing though. There is only so much you could attribute to "trolling", and not everything is some deep-rooted subversion of some aspect or another. Bad can be simply bad.

3.0 is perfectly able to stand on its own, its quality speaks for itself. It's simply not very good.

JCG

Gun x Sword 3

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. The Eldora 5 reminded me of Power Rangers AND Gao Gai Gar, and the feels collided as the awesome exploded and old man heroic courage battles and returnings from the dead and SO AWESOME SYNTAX FAILURE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Excellent.

One funny thing is this show wasn't made by Sunrise (who made GGG) but AIC instead, yet the director of GunxSword (Goro Taniguchi) did actually do some supporting work and episode directing/storyboards on the GaoGaiGar TV series back in the day. This is relevant because he also storyboarded this particular episode too.

And well...you just watched what's probably the best episode. The rest of the show is still good, in my opinion, but something like that would be very hard to top (although a couple of moments try to come close later on, or at least I think so). Hopefully you won't find the episodic nature of this early part of the series to be troublesome.

cajunator

Banned
Doki doki precure - 15
Again , new lovees ??
How many toys do they wish to sell for this season , lol ?

With this , i can already see it . 1 bow , several arrows , each sold sperately !
And we're not at mid season yet.!!!

Anyway , this open a large problem if regina doesn't EVEN need a selfish thought to corrupt!!

The rules have changed and .. Regina rocks in a good way.

You better stay a long time regina !

Regina looks so loveable. for a villain I mean.

I found them! Turns out they were on my Photobucket account. I didn't even remember I HAD a Photobucket account!

I dunno, I think I'm pretty kawaii when I'm Rule 63'd.

I like this. Wonder what be would be like as a girl?

Having absolutely nothing to do with anything else being discussed right now, and seeing this picture show up on my twitter feed, the question is raised: what's your favorite "show-within-a-show" from any anime?

edit: doesn't have to be anything in particular from this picture, by the way.

Meruru
Pururin
Lucky channel
Kujibiki Unbalance

No I got four left. Shit was about to get crazy. But I got preoccupied with Madoka and everybody told me to blitz through it as a safeguard against spoilers.

That's a good idea. Keep blitzing!

Code Geass 20

1. HAHAHA, of course Lelouch's incredibly sloppy job with Shirley would fall apart because she'd written herself a note beforehand. I mean, REALLY.

2. HAHAHA, the cops beat the crap out of little racist girl. Police brutality of which I approve.
I do not endorse real police brutality.

3. Suzaku is still better than Zero will ever be, and he doesn't even have super powers.

4. That's right, little racist girl, there's nothing good about you. At all. And you're ugly. That's right. You're right to hate yourself, you little racist.

5. "I hereby command you to love me!" DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW

SOON YOU WILL WITNESS.
I cant wait for the reaction.

oh my GOSH hype

Animegif6.gif

Elsie is the main reason I watched TWGOK.

Jintor

Bodacious Space Pirates 25

In case you didn't get the memo in the last 25 light-hearted space-adventure episodes, BSP is the kind of show where you can
have a main cast member revealed as a robotic android body-double who replaced her at some unknown point who has been spying on you for a secret experimental battleship that is systematically destroying fellow pirates, have everyone have a quiet, sad moment about her almost assured death, and then have her walk back into the room because actually she had been on on holidays for a couple of episodes without anybody having noticed

[The above is not completely true]

I love this show and its cute lulz. I feel like I'm caught up in a whole bunch of theatre.

Gundam 0079 16-20

Goodbye Ramba Ral :( He and his wife were really kind hearted

Sayla is hot

Selfish Amuro, if he didnt got the Gundam first he would be nothing, its actually stupid they didnt take the Gundam off his hands.

The best episode in the entire series is when Amuro's Gundam fights the Gouf. From that moment on I knew that Goufs were the greatest mook mecha in the forever.

Yeah that fight was awesome, but arent they Zakus too?

Pooya

Oh wow I'm shocked that
their decision to treat Shinji like a monster without explaining anything led to him skipping town at the first chance.
When did Misato become a complete moron?

when she got her new awful uniform >.<

I really hated the new character designs, it doesn't look like Evangelion anymore.

Westlo

Went to look @ 7ths post history to see what he did to get banned, get spoiled on Titan because spoiler tags don't work in search results...

ftl.

Thanks to this convenient escuse , they don't have to explain the "athena" arc. and can use events from all the arcs as a character specific episode.

They also skipped RUKA introduction arc completely ( since parts of that arc are also tied to the last pendant arc ) and probably won't bother explaining how she come to meet everyone

geass_zps56093b86.gif

Man fuck that shit, Athena arcs were the best, what a travesty just magnified immensely considering there's like 4 tv series and a movie.

Jintor

Bodacious Space Pirates 26 -END-

HXAPMHs.jpg

Space Pirates have great ship names

Holy shit. I've never been more hyped for electronic warfare. Hollywood hacking at its finest.

Finally, a full-on space battle. I've been waiting for this for so long. Lol the battleship-class Grand Crosses just flipping out with their hyperdrives is so fucking cool. What crazy tech.

All in all, a really fun series. A light-hearted excuse for relatively serious space warfare and high school girls in space, with the promise of future things; no deaths, barely any melodrama, and some minor space lesbians.

I kinda want to see more, but it's not a priority series. But it is a hell of a good time.

cajunator

Banned
I managed to catch up on some things now that I have been off. Gargantia, yuyushiki, Aiura (this show is holy shit SHORT), Maou sama, Space Bros...
Its like Im binging.

I actually rather fond of Haqua.

Haqua is the second best reason to watch it.

Went to look @ 7ths post history to see what he did to get banned, get spoiled on Titan because spoiler tags don't work in search results...

ftl.

geass_zps56093b86.gif

Man fuck that shit, Athena arcs were the best, what a travesty just magnified immensely considering there's like 4 tv series and a movie.

7th got into a battle with DTL and lost.

Kazzy

Having absolutely nothing to do with anything else being discussed right now, and seeing this picture show up on my twitter feed, the question is raised: what's your favorite "show-within-a-show" from any anime?

edit: doesn't have to be anything in particular from this picture, by the way.

Big Shot from Cowboy Bebop

7OeKelp.jpg

Though I will admit that Helvetica Standard probably has the best theme!

Theonik

The ending got me hard; I was devastated for a long time afterwards. It's one of the best anti-war fictional works I've experienced; it drives home the futility and pointlessness of so much of war and how it's driven by top brass who have no sympathy or understanding of the lives they're wrecking beneath them.

Out of curiosity, what would you say is the best Gundam work? Personally, I would say War in the Pocket is the best Gundam work, but as it's the only Gundam work I've seen in its entirety I don't really have good standing to judge! Although, honestly, only 08th MS Team and Turn A Gundam look interesting to me out of the rest. I've seen a bit of the original TV series in its movie form, and it was only entertaining when people were slapping each other.
Yes the ending was very powerful, while I'm not sure if I'd say I was devastated by it. The implications are pretty heavy.
Bernie pretty much died for naut and was killed by the girl he liked without either of them knowing to boot, the kid being now completely disillusioned on the idea of war while all his classmates still being completely on the "yay war is cool mecha woo" mentality, while being unable to really express his feelings.

I would say the 08th MS Team is the best Gundam work with Turn A being the best TV work.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Seriously i totally understand you.

Fresh is so hard at first .. everything feel "rough" and uninspired.

It does get better in a couple of episodes , but damn if the first set of episodes isn't a kill joy.

Yeah, I'll give it a couple more episodes, my friend recommended to me because he liked the story so I'll hang in there.

Hang in there!! Believe it or not this season has one of the strongest OTPs in the entire franchise, if not THE strongest.

THANKS!

The awesome arc does give us an OTP, as SDBurton mentioned.

Hm, my interest is suddenly growing.

Pooya

Attack on Titan - 6

Looks like a pretty interesting visual novel, I hope it's animated some day.

Eren's character seems to have regressed over the years, meanwhile Mikasa has went the other way, it looked a bit odd. Same Eren had trouble hitting couple of boys in first episode and needed Mikasa's help lol.

The world and characters still feel lifeless and bland, I can't relate to their despair. The anime is really really poor, I think this work probably deserved better.

Westlo

je5gsydoV6Vva.png

The dream is dead ;_;

(manga spoilers for goddess arc)
At least we get to hear Kana Asumi get fuckin rejecteeeeeeddddddd yeaaahhhhhh

EDIT: Aw fuck, no GIANT onee-san. FUCK.

Man fuck that, #TeamChihiro.

That's actually quite disappointing. The goddess arc was pretty much where the manga lost me due to its slow pacing compared to everything from before and the lack of new captures. I wanted an animated version of the other capture arcs...

Well I would wager small pacing is not going to be a problem for this...

Queen's Blade S3: Rebellion - 03

Where are you R_thanatos so I can hug you? Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!! (&#65417;> &#9671; <)&#65417;&#9834;
*hugs SDBurton*

(Sorry for the late hug)
You haven't seen the best of QB Rebellion yet
Is that a tentacle?
Yep.
7 of them actually and probably more with an upgrade from the game if they dare to do Another season
( it's going to happen, right ? right ? )

The real surprise would be discovering a fetish that Queen's Blade doesn't cover.
I can think of a few.
I can't think of any ( except guro ).

The World God Only Knows' 3rd Season to Cover Goddesses Arc

Yay for them not wasting time. It's probably going to be quite condensed though or something.
That's great.BEST arc is going to be animated.

ftl.

geass_zps56093b86.gif

You're right not only the athena arcs had a decent amount of comedy , but that's also the arcs with the most insight on the characters ( hayate, nagi , athena , hinagiku ) and that explain plenty of their actions and motivations. Not to mention 3 very great action scenes and sub plots that are actually intresting !!!

But it seems they are convinced that anime viewers don't like serious themes and anime only viewers will only get comedy and romance parts, even if it's out of order.
Anime only viewers will only get loli athena too , when full grown up athena is MUCH better

That would require somebody else to have watched Gundam AGE.

..*Sigh *

Some people have watched gundam age.

Articalys

Forgot to do this on Sunday again, dammit, so as a result there's going to be zero consistency because most songs are released midweek, severely skewing any consistency with past lists -- and given that no one seems to care about these anyway, I doubt I'll bother any more.

Weekly (sort of) iTunes Japan Anison Top Single Songs:

1) Preserved Roses by T.M.Revolution x Nana Mizuki (Valvrave OP)
6) sister's noise by fripSide (Railgun S OP)
10) Grow Slowly by Yuka Iguchi (Railgun S ED)
18) REASON by KAmiYU (Karneval ED)
21) Baby Sweet Berry Love by Yui Ogura (Henneko ED)
22) Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari by Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Nyaruko W OP)
24) Guren no Yumiya TV SIZE by Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan OP)
25) Utsukushiki Zankoku Na Sekai by Yoko Hikasa (Attack on Titan ED)
30) ZERO!! by Minami Kuribayashi (Hataraku Maou-sama! OP)

mAcOdIn

I have to agree with Mac (and I am writing this through clenched teeth, so to speak) that Emi did not have a very good showing in the otherwise action-packed Episode 5 of maou-sama
It was a downright poor showing. If I was dating her I'd be too embarrassed to introduce her to my parents.
Overlord at work - 06
Now the episode itself was "alright" since we returned in "comedy" mode even if it seems that the plots still continues.
The interractions between Overlord and hero are quite good and the mix of situations very intresting.
Can't wait to see how the new character will fit into the mix.
Lol Chiho looks like a middle schooler the way she grabs her backpack. I think Chiho's interactions were much better with the rest of the cast. The "main" three, Chiho, Satan and Alsiel all had decent chemistry and when they ganged up against Emi Chiho was a little devilish herself.

Forgot to do this on Sunday again, dammit, so as a result there's going to be zero consistency because most songs are released midweek, severely skewing any consistency with past lists -- and given that no one seems to care about these anyway, I doubt I'll bother any more.

Weekly (sort of) iTunes Japan Anison Top Single Songs:

1) Preserved Roses by T.M.Revolution x Nana Mizuki (Valvrave OP)
6) sister's noise by fripSide (Railgun S OP)
10) Grow Slowly by Yuka Iguchi (Railgun S ED)
18) REASON by KAmiYU (Karneval ED)
21) Baby Sweet Berry Love by Yui Ogura (Henneko ED)
22) Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari by Ushiro kara Haiyoritai G (Nyaruko W OP)
24) Guren no Yumiya TV SIZE by Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan OP)
25) Utsukushiki Zankoku Na Sekai by Yoko Hikasa (Attack on Titan ED)
30) ZERO!! by Minami Kuribayashi (Hataraku Maou-sama! OP)

Attack on Titan OP is that unpopular?

REASON is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom