• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accel World 2 (dubwatch rewatch)

The ost is so awesome to hear all over again and the musics used, the Ash Roller v Silver Crow fight was hilarious and even better in english. Though all that profanity.

jgminto

Was Maou 4 any good? Maou 3 was a bit of a let down for me.

I thought it was pretty good, even though it hurt my heart. There's a focus on developing Emi for most of the episode and it's not bad. Alsiel is still great.

Chiho didnt start the show off that cute. Its like they adjusted her character design to god-tier standards over three episodes.

I thought she was cute from Day 1. Now she's just impossibly cute.

cajunator

Banned
I thought it was pretty good, even though it hurt my heart. There's a focus on developing Emi for most of the episode and it's not bad. Alsiel is still great.

I thought she was cute from Day 1. Now she's just impossibly cute.

that hairstyle is my weakness. I dont know what its called but DAMN IT.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
100ppp is a fucking nightmare if you browse GAF on your phone because of all the arseholes who quote gifs and images non-chalantly without breaking the image links. Also, every fucking time one of you fuckers makes a "HERE'S MY TOP FIFTY ANIME OPS EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" list my phone ends up crashing since people quote the lists and I end up with a bazillion yootoob videos waiting to be opened.

cajunator

Banned
100ppp is a fucking nightmare if you browse GAF on your phone because of all the arseholes who quote gifs and images non-chalantly without breaking the image links. Also, every fucking time one of you fuckers makes "HERE'S MY TOP FIFTY ANIME OPS EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" list my phone ends up crashing since people quote the lists and I end up with a bazillion yootoob videos waiting to be opened.

This is one reason why I use 50ppp

100ppp is a fucking nightmare if you browse GAF on your phone because of all the arseholes who quote gifs and images non-chalantly without breaking the image links. Also, every fucking time one of you fuckers makes a "HERE'S MY TOP FIFTY ANIME OPS EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" list my phone ends up crashing since people quote the lists and I end up with a bazillion yootoob videos waiting to be opened.

Block gifs.
Block Youtube links.

Problem solved~

Hell, you could even block images.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I find even 50ppp tedious. In all honesty I think it would be better if it was 25ish.

jgminto

I don't really have a problem with AnimeGAF on the mobile site. Probably because I always keep it open and just refresh new posts every few minutes.

In the recent Precure popularity poll, Cure Rouge/Rin from Yes 5 was the only girl less popular than Mai and Saki.

And I feel so sorry for Rin. She gets screwed over so much in her own series. Not Shiny Luminous levels of screwed but screwed enough. She got hit with the Boy with another girl disease (and it was his GF for a change), a dude she liked
was a bad guy AND doesn't turn heel
, she doesn't even have her own pleasure fairy like everyone else does. She was not destined for love, clearly. Any pairing was destroyed by everyone else having a lover.

Articalys

myLXwax.png

aodifhafpoiuayfald'fh'a;sdhfka

So Crunchyroll now matches Funimation's subscriber time that was announced earlier in the week, and as a side effect now has the earlier week-later free broadcast time too, beating Funimation's by two hours.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
myLXwax.png

aodifhafpoiuayfald'fh'a;sdhfka

So Crunchyroll now matches Funimation's subscriber time that was announced earlier in the week, and as a side efffect now has the earlier week-later free broadcast time too, beating Funimation's by two hours.

Lulz. Hahahaha.

7Th

And I feel so sorry for Rin. She gets screwed over so much in her own series. Not Shiny Luminous levels of screwed but screwed enough. She got hit with the Boy with another girl disease (and it was his GF for a change), a dude she liked
was a bad guy AND doesn't turn heel
, she doesn't even have her own pleasure fairy like everyone else does. She was not destined for love, clearly. Any pairing was destroyed by everyone else having a lover.

I love how in the movies all the girls have their own personal fairy to hug in sad moments while Rin is always just crossing her arms.

My man!

Anyway, I have a buddy that got into Precure because I was marathoning the shit out of it (in order no less), and I gave him the option to go to Max Heart or Pick one of his choosing, and he asked me for the pros and cons of these decisions.

I had a very hard time trying to make cons for Splash Star. I think that made me realize how much I liked that series.

Splash star cons:
-Slow starts
-First 15 episode classic precure formula.

(that's it )
Everything after ep15 is just good/solid/great/awesome.

Splash Star isn't quite as good if you've seen Futari wa beforehand because Saki and Mai are ostensibly replacements for the too-old-for-little-girls-to-identify-with-according-to-toei Nagisa and Honoka and they compare somewhat unfavorably in terms of chemistry, but in a vacuum it's a very solid series and does some things better than its predecessor.

Makes me wish that Toei would take a chance on another "duo"-format season someday, but sadly, more Cures = more toys = more yenz. (unless you're Dokidoki, lol)
I still think that it quickly became his own thing and lose their similarities to the original duo the more episodes you see.

I have no prob with 100pp on my phone.
I do block youtube links loadings...

The slow start had a somewhat entertaining villain set at least, so there was that.

To be frank, I think Splash Star is capable of taking down Futari wa (and by extension Max Heart) in many areas, almost all of them maybe.

Adding a Pro: It's not as boring as Fresh PreCure

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm still a Cajun bro. Oddly enough when I feel like slacking off work, I think of how hard working Cajun is.

Cajun is my el presidente.

I'd vote Cajun to be Prime Minister of Japan!

I saw you first at your place of work.
Your earnestness, twin tails and heaving bosom
Captured my heart, thus I gave you my love.
I rooted for you, though I knew that chance
Would favor the other girl, that vile temptress,
Base pandering tsundere. Yet I had hope.

When your eyes fell on the king, your hope
Was as mine. Even though romance at work
Is a dangerous game, like a temptress,
luring you with glimpses of flesh and bosom,
You forged ahead, wagering on chance.
There is nothing more pure than a girl in love.

And when you gave freely of your love
I thought to myself: "This is hope"
Something so rare that there was chance
For true love to prevail, that things will work.
That feeling was held tight against my bosom,
Even though it was a temptress.

I dreaded the day when the temptress,
Would ruin your quest for love
And rip your heart from your bosom
And mine as well, cast them down along with hope.
I wish I knew then that this couldn't work.
Only a fool trusts in chance.

Then came your first-and last-chance
To gain his heart before the temptress
Could unleash her wiles, her dark work
To overthrow justice and steal his love.
Is it a pointless endeavor to hope?
I'm done with love; a dagger in my bosom.

The green patchwork covering your bosom,
your ribbons and boots all spoke of chance,
For a moment I was filled with hope
That you would triump over fate, the temptress,
That the king would return your love
That, at the end, everything would work.

But there was no hope, not against that temptress
A shattered bosom is all you can expect from chance.
I'm sorry my love, I thought it would work.

It's so... beautiful!

Mawaru Penguindrum 18

Dammit, I knew there had to be something up with someone voiced by Akira Ishida. I liked Tabuki's backstory, but was underwhelmed at the ending since it was a lot of buildup for not really that much happening. I assume his role in the show is done, so I'm wondering where this'll go next
EDIT: I'm dumb, that Kanba reveal with the money was pretty surprising. I wonder where that will lead in the end as well.

Also, is the morale of the story is that some parents are just fucking assholes?

jbug617

Banned
Is Funimation doing something new with Detective Conan like bringing in more seasons (stopped at 5 with 6 movies). They just announced the S.A.V.E release, put the show for sale digitally and streaming on Hulu.

Valvrave 3
tumblr_mlvv52YbxQ1r11gj3o1_500.gif

Rather awesome episode on multiple fronts. Haruto being recognized for his epic and great deeds was wonderful. How lucky to be handed addresses, I guess if I was there too Id have done the same. L-elf being amazing was pleasing too and just rather fun and entertaining. Truly he lived up to his nom de guerre.
Escaping from just the one bolt in the chair, and then even defeating space ships and 200 man garrisons like they were nothing was hilarious and quite explosive. Everyone falling victim to this one teenager, just wow.

The US being part of ARUS to be the ones to lend a helping hand was odd, though I wonder if that'd really happen in real life. Then again it could be considered embarrassing
Considering L-elf blasting through

Final scene was the best scene with
vampire Haruto flaring up
for second best.
They are easily going in a direction I was hoping for, if Haruto accepts L-elfs pact and they work together with the biting and swapping, which looks like it may happen based on the change of character thing in the preview. Dont want him to bite anyone else

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I love how in the movies every all the girls have their own personal fairy to hug in sad moments while Rin is always just crossing her arms.

Being a tomboy Cure is suffering.

I still think that it quickly became his own thing and lose their similarities to the original duo the more episodes you see.

They do become less similar, but without many individual traits to replace that diminishing similarity. Saki especially suffers due to this, because once it becomes clear that she's not as tomboyish and aggressive as Nagisa, she's just sort of....I dunno, a ceaseless font of child-like enthusiasm and virtue and not much else. I grew tired of just how excited every little thing made her. Mai gets away with it more because her character archetype is more quiet and passive to begin with. I think that their characters work well in contrast to Kaoru and Michiru, but less so on their own.

The slow start had a somewhat entertaining villain set at least, so there was that.

To be frank, I think Splash Star is capable of taking down Futari wa (and by extension Max Heart) in many areas, almost all of them maybe.

Adding a Pro: It's not as boring as Fresh PreCure

Dorodoron is the single most entertaining villain in the entire franchise. He sounds and acts like something out of an abridged series parody, but nope, he's played entirely straight. The combat segments were never quite as good again after he was out of the picture; unfortunately it took until Fresh before the franchise finally learned how not to flush perfectly good villains down the shitter after a few episodes.

Fresh is many things, but boring ain't one of them.

I guess while we're going on. So I've watched like 5 episodes of Suite PreCure and Smile Precure.

Suite from what I've witness was a return to the "need 2 people to transform" thing, but there's a lot of bickering between the two. There's a hook. The villians are weird, and I have a feeling that the main villian can possibly heel turn (please don't make hints on this just let me fantasize though). Clearly the duo has feelings for each other but constantly battle it out with each other.

Smile Precure though.... I know I'm 5 episodes in, but they were the most infuriating 5 episodes I had to deal with. I was aware of how the cast was essentially dumb, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast, what with premature Finishers being shot about without even thinking, along with their one shot only weakness. It was like the weakest ways to introduce a new Cure. Cure March's episode wasn't as bad because it felt like what I expected. I am not sure how exactly this appears to be extremely popular on the net, and I'm actually surprised at how much Yayoi/Cure Peace has a fanbase. I hope they get smarter at least, I don't want to die from a stroke of idiocy.

Dorodoron is the single most entertaining villain in the entire franchise. He sounds and acts like something out of an abridged series parody, but nope, he's played entirely straight. The combat segments were never quite as good again after he was out of the picture; unfortunately it took until Fresh before the franchise finally learned how not to flush perfectly good villains down the shitter after a few episodes.

Fresh is many things, but boring ain't one of them.

Well, to be frank, there were about 2 arcs that grabbed me. Eas/Setsuna and the Labyrinth Arc. There was too much of a lull in between, but that was probably to break in Setsuna. Although it made me upset that Miki called Setsuna socially awkward when she made far more progress than Michiru or Kaoru did. Also "Fuck secret identities".

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Smile Precure though.... I know I'm 5 episodes in, but they were the most infuriating 5 episodes I had to deal with. I was aware of how the cast was essentially dumb, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast, what with premature Finishers being shot about without even thinking, along with their one shot only weakness. It was like the weakest ways to introduce a new Cure. Cure March's episode wasn't as bad because it felt like what I expected. I am not sure how exactly this appears to be extremely popular on the net, and I'm actually surprised at how much Yayoi/Cure Peace has a fanbase. I hope they get smarter at least, I don't want to die from a stroke of idiocy.
They don't.

I agree the first five episodes are very weak, though. That said I'm not sure you will like this if the brand of comedy is not doing anything for you already. Why aren't you finishing Heartcatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom