• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Flipping back and forth between two shows. :lol

Mouretsu Pirates - 01

QeucdRP.png
WlmT0nP.png

Possible OTP spotted!

I wasn't a fan of Marika's voice at first, but by the end of the episode it was starting to grow on me. Not surprised that Chiaki's voiced by Hanazawa, her character reminded me of Kuroneko from Oreimo. Another thing: why does Marika refer to her mom by her first name? Seems incredibly distant when they're mother and daughter.

Anyway, back to Gunbuster!

Jex

Remember people, Mad Bull 34 is available on DVD for the first time ever in America. Support it now!

ItemDescription_zpsd3254cf3.jpg

(This cover is 100% accurate. Really. If anything, it undersells the show.)

They really need to make more Kazou Koike works into anime OVA's with Manga UK dubs. Offered, for example, deserves it!

Theonik

You know, thinking of that, I wonder if that's something of a reference to an earlier Gainax work. Hmmm.
Diebuster/Wings of Honneamise spoilers:
Both have a similar scene however their execution and significance varies wildly. Honneamise's scene is more a matter of lust whereas in Diebuster it's more about that character wanting to regain a buster machine.

Narag

They really need to make more Kazou Koike works into anime OVA's with Manga UK dubs. Offered, for example, deserves it!

I recall bring recommended that manga after finishing Wounded Man. Shit was legit amazing . Think I read it all in on go I was so hooked.

Mature

[Gunbuster] major spoilers

SDBurton is gonna be the first one to cheer after SUMISU's death. lol

At least he will love DieBuster. That's all about Nonoriris. :p
Boo!

Remember people, Mad Bull 34 is available on DVD for the first time ever in America. Support it now!

ItemDescription_zpsd3254cf3.jpg

(This cover is 100% accurate. Really. If anything, it undersells the show.)

I don't know anything about it, but I do feel a bit inclined... Especially at that price.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like recommending Honneamise, because it makes everything else a disappointment.

Honneamise is something you work up to, slowly, like climbing a mountain. When you reach the summit you can look behind you to see the endless craggy expanse, a living testament to your sweat and blood. And maybe, just maybe, you'll realize it was worth it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't like recommending Honneamise, because it makes everything else a disappointment.

Honneamise is something you work up to, slowly, like climbing a mountain. When you reach the summit you can look behind you to see the endless craggy expanse, a living testament to your sweat and blood. And maybe, just maybe, you'll realize it was worth it.
Honneamise isn't that good.

Syrinx

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 9

Well, it would seem that Homura has quite the dilemma on her hands.

Kyubey doesn't understand why Madoka and the magical girls resent him for the "misunderstanding". Hey asshole, maybe its because there is no misunderstanding because there was nothing to understand BECAUSE YOU NEVER TOLD THEM! "I don't understand why they're so upset with me that I intentionally held back this crucial piece of information that surely made them back out on the deal if they knew about it. Its their fault anyway for not checking that they wouldn't eventually turn into the monsters their fighting. Because that totally seems like a possibility." Fuck this thing and his species. I don't care that they're cute. We already got panda bears. We got all the cute we need.

Oh my god, Sayaka's...uh, place was a fucking concert hall! Shit. Kyoko really became a sympathetic, goodhearted character in the end. Her effort to save Say aka was futile, but admirable. She will be missed.

So now...Walpurgisnacht is coming. And the only chance Homura has to defeat it is have Madoka become a magical girl, which is what she has been trying to prevent this whole time. It would seem that doing that would simply be delaying the inevitable though. Because when Madoka becomes a witch, she will likely be the same deal. Hell, she'll probably be even more powerful. Wonder what Homura will do.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Gunbuster - 02

Holy shit is
Noriko going through an emotional rollercoaster right now.
I knew
boarding the ship would be a bad idea, and seeing her lose it when she saw what happened to the bridge of the ship
was tough. Hoping her love Kazumi can get her out of her stump.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'd quite like to see someone actually attempt this, but it'll probably never happen.

They should be forced to watch Fractale and Yumekui Merry in the time between episodes 10 and 11 to simulate the true Winter 2011 experience.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gunbuster - 02

Holy shit is
Noriko going through an emotional rollercoaster right now.
I knew
boarding the ship would be a bad idea, and seeing her lose it when she saw what happened to the bridge of the ship
was tough. Hoping her love Kazumi can get her out of her stump.
Not a fan of Soviet boobies?

I like how people keep saying 'wait three months' even thought it was less than half that. It's a great example of hyperbole in action. It was just a little over a month between Episode 10 and the final two episodes.

But those shows aren't bad.
At least not as bad as Animegaf says they are.

Fractale is every bit as bad as people say.

cajunator

Banned
I like how people keep saying 'wait three months' even thought it was less than half that. It's a great example of hyperbole in action. It was just a little over a month between Episode 10 and the final two episodes.

Fractale is every bit as bad as people say.

Fractale was alright. I watched it with a friend who actually enjoyed it and recommended it to me. Its kind of silly but I was entertained by it. Its too short to really be an affront.
Same goes for Yumekui Merry.

This is amazing and I want to make a female version of myself. what is the program called?
This is going to open a can of worms...
I shouldn't post a female version of myself.
Flipping back and forth between two shows. :lol

Mouretsu Pirates - 01

I wasn't a fan of Marika's voice at first, but by the end of the episode it was starting to grow on me. Not surprised that Chiaki's voiced by Hanazawa, her character reminded me of Kuroneko from Oreimo. Another thing: why does Marika refer to her mom by her first name? Seems incredibly distant when they're mother and daughter.

Anyway, back to Gunbuster!
Well that's explained later but it's not a huge spoiler:

Her mom raised her that way.And her mom is such a goal for her to reach that the usual respect between mon and daughter has changed.

cajunator

Banned
YUmekui just has a disapointing end

It's Not "bad" just very average.
Decent setting , ok characters ...such a needlessly complex plot , however.

I agree on both of these things.
I hardly ever get to the ending episode of anime to begin with, so endings are not a high priority. In actuality, the vast majority of anime endings are bittersweet or ambiguous and don't go where you expect them to. They are often disappointing. So a bad ending in Yumekui's case is not so consequential.

In Fractale's case it was only like eleven episodes and didn't overstay its welcome. It didn't do or say anything particularly memorable (except that one early scene which left me saying WTF) but I didn't find it to be godawful either. The hate for the series is overblown, just as the hype for Arjuna is overblown. I did however find Shangri La to be a much more rewarding series that few people talk about. Its in no way connected to Fractale but I watched them near the same time. Kuniko is the best.

cajunator

Banned
That kinda just makes me want to never ever check out Shangri la, tbh.

Shangri La is way better than Fractale to begin with. Its main fault is trying to do too much with too many characters to work with. It wasn't a bad show though at all. All of the characters did have a purpose and some development. There were interesting and fun twists throughout and memorable scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom