• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BMU9uG9.jpg

PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT PERVERT

Lol i put a "S" at the end of the "character" word.

Syrinx

Two minutes into Madoka 10. I think I see where this is going.

Walpurgisnacht is Witch Madoka from another dimension.

Nafe

Under the news section on the official Valvrave website there's an entry made on May 10th about some special event that will be held on September 29th with some of the voice cast attending as well as the shows musical talent such as T.M.Revolution x Nana Mizuki and angela.

The funny part is the ticket prices are listed as 6,666円. Haha.

Mr.Jeff

Yumekui just has a disapointing end
It suffers from being handled badly overall. I seem to recall the male lead behaved slightly different in the manga and it has yet another horrific childhood friend as per the standard. It had some nice-ish ideas but felt like a rush job.

Still, I liked the OP and ED tracks but that's down to my own terrible taste in music.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't like recommending Honneamise, because it makes everything else a disappointment.

Honneamise is something you work up to, slowly, like climbing a mountain. When you reach the summit you can look behind you to see the endless craggy expanse, a living testament to your sweat and blood. And maybe, just maybe, you'll realize it was worth it.

Are you sure you aren't talking about 2001 : A Space Odyssey?

Because Honneamise isn't that good.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 088
And thus the world was saved by the power of the second Dragon Ball Z Broly movie.

Technically this was the finale, since the next episode is a recap. I'm not sure what to think of this series yet, so I will leave the analysis for after that. Regardless, it was always gonna be difficult to follow up on
all the Sailor Soldiers dying and Sato giving everyone amnesia
, so I'm not surprised I'm left with a bit of an empty feeling. Also, Queen Beryl was a much more menacing villain than
Death Phantom, who was almost Necronesque in his motivations
. Anyway, that's for later.

Real talk: these moments wouldn't be as touching without the silly comedy episodes beforehand. If there's one thing Sailor Moon does well is flesh out its characters (save Ami cause Ami sucks) throughout all the filler episodes. I also loved this shot at the end. Great way to bookend this arc with the OP.

trejo

Oh yeah and didn't the Merry director end up apologizing publicly for doing such a shitty adaptation? I seem to recall something like that.

Not to mention that whole deal with the mangaka of the Fractale manga tweeting or something that she wanted to kill herself if she had to keep working on it which prompted Yamakan to step in.

It suffers from being handled badly overall. I seem to recall the male lead behaved slightly different in the manga and it has yet another horrific childhood friend as per the standard. It had some nice-ish ideas but felt like a rush job.

Still, I liked the OP and ED tracks but that's down to my own terrible taste in music.

Of course the manga setting & characters were much better.
BUt on his own the anime is "alright" ( except the ending ) i thought it was ok "fillers" moments.
I also think that the overall product would have been better if they followed the manga from the start and i have no idea why they didn't.

----------
Railgun S2 - 04
Toaru%20Kagaku%20no%20Railgun%20S%20-%2004.jpg

Why the hell does she love frogs so much ?

Anyway.
They spend most of their time introducing concepts that will be used later and the other half was used to prepare for the inevitable encounter.

Episode was alright. The anime does add/removes scenes a lot to "even" the pacing ..it works so far but they should be carefull to not add too much.

And do they prepare for the next filler arc already ?

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 44

So stuff finally starts happening. Haman Khan triple crosses everyone, Jared gets humiliated by Kamile AGAIN because Jared will NEVER be allowed to win. The Zeta is freaking awesome. Katz makes good points by pointing out that Char Aznable and Bright Noa working with the Zabi family is just plain wrong. Kamile beats the crap out of Sarah, and Katz gives her a talking to, too.

And everyone keeps loving Sriracha, in spite of the fact that he's still Sriracha, and easily the slimiest, creepiest slimy creepy slimeball in the history of Gundam.

Narag

Gun x Sword 3

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. The Eldora 5 reminded me of Power Rangers AND Gao Gai Gar, and the feels collided as the awesome exploded and old man heroic courage battles and returnings from the dead and SO AWESOME SYNTAX FAILURE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Entirely accurate.

Mature

Anyone remember that crowdfunding website in-the-works intended for animated projects?

Anipopo Facebook Group said:
FINALLY, we are officially announcing the launch of the website to be May 23rd (Thurs) in Japan time.

We already have couple projects on hand thats gonna be up on the site. Please check our FB pg out if you are interested =)
http://www.facebook.com/anipipohq
Would be neat to see something like this thrive, but my expectations are kinda low.

Jintor

Mouretsu Pirates - 01

I wasn't a fan of Marika's voice at first, but by the end of the episode it was starting to grow on me. Not surprised that Chiaki's voiced by Hanazawa, her character reminded me of Kuroneko from Oreimo. Another thing: why does Marika refer to her mom by her first name? Seems incredibly distant when they're mother and daughter.

Anyway, back to Gunbuster!

They act pretty close, so I suspect it's just because they're super casual with one another

Railgun S2 - 05
This is the 5th time i've seen 9982 die and each time it pain me more than the last.

The feelign of anger and helplessness that will follow the next episodes will be gold :)

CorvoSol

Betterman 25

I DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!

Okay, so, uh, the stuff in the Ajanta caves happened and everyone in Hinoki's family died, meanwhile Mode Warp was conducting an experiment in the Andes and the Betterman called Lamia who LOOKED JUST LIKE HINOKI'S BROTHER BUT WAS NOT HIM got killed during it in an attempt to put down the Best Man Konkol. Flash forward x number of years after the events of GaoGaiGar and all the stuff here in Betterman and now that sage guy, Podaiju or whatever, is back and needs to be killed, oh and I guess Akamatsu is MIA, Asami is talking with the head of N.E.O. who was part of the experiment in the Andes with her, and Mamon and Umezaki (of Superhuman Inc and BPL respectively) and now Mamon has gone from being a paper Brahman to a flower, and Konkol is back and I guess Linker Gel is a life form different from a Prokaryote or Eukaryote and who knows where Sakura is and I think Kaede contracted Algernon and blew up Unagi with her and then Keita did a Synapse attack but oh I don't know.

WHY DOESN'T THIS SHOW MAKE ANY SENSE!?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] 089
Showing all four OPs at the same time only highlights how you stopped trying after OP2, Toei. Also the fact that you've used the same song for nearly ninety episodes. >_<

You know, recap episodes would be a lot more palatable if they had the main cast bickering over the footage. I knew I could trust Ikuhara in delivering yet another revolutionary recap episode.

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R] FIN

I liked season one a lot more. The"filler" episodes didn't feel as constricted by the formula, something which R suffered a lot of during the build-up of the Crystal Tokio arc. Season one just seemed a lot looser with how it approached the monster of the week, resulting in hilarious episodes such as the Luna one. There were a few flashes of brilliance in R, but they were also accompanied by some really bad art all around. I wonder if the movie's production is to blame for this.

I've already voiced my opinions on the villains of this season a lot, but I think it's fair to say
Chibi-Usa turning evil was a great choice even if they managed to spoil it anyway. :/ I really liked her short stint as the antagonist, and it managed to make the finale a bit more personal over just saving the world again. Something which, as I said before, was going to pale in comparison with the massacre of the first season

So, that's that. It's still Sailor Moon, and that's a good thing in itself. My grievances with this season are minor, and I really enjoyed this for dat Sailor Chemistry. It's definitely a flawed series, however. Three out of five Luna-Ps.

IT IS TIME.
Tomorrow. I need to mentally prepare myself for Ikuhara.
You suck.
Don't hate the messenger.
Ami's awesome for slipping in lines into the conversation like a dagger.
I bet you were one of the nerds in school.
This is why we're meant to be together.
I'm sorry, but you are just not as pure for me. :(
I was gonna post Madoka 10 impressions, but people are being Ami-hatin bitches again.So I'm not.
Ami is the choice for DWEEBS.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Not a fan of Soviet boobies?

Sorry for the late reply, was taking a nap. :lol

Yeah, kept my impressions short as I was tired as hell but I should've made mention of the bath scene. Too bad there wasn't any groping action. :(

I love dem jiggles.

CorvoSol

The Vision of Escaflowne 24

15:53 in.

DULANDAU IS
ALAN'S LITTLE SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the happiest, most hilarious day of my life. I cannot stop crying. This is the twist of all twists. Oh my God. Oh my God. Who wrote this so I can kiss them? I. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mature

The Vision of Escaflowne 24

15:53 in.

DULANDAU IS
ALAN'S LITTLE SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the happiest, most hilarious day of my life. I cannot stop crying. This is the twist of all twists. Oh my God. Oh my God. Who wrote this so I can kiss them? I. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I totally forgot that. Escaflowne is so good.

Index, Index II, Railgun, Railgun S 01-05

Well that was pretty damn generic shonen anime and yet I watched all those episodes in a week. Damn me. I am an animeholic. Current Railgun S is showing most promise though.

CorvoSol

I totally forgot that. Escaflowne is so good.

I can't wrap my brain around it. It's just so completely crazy, so utterly bizarre, so wholly anime that I'm just beyond my capacity to understand it. I mean Alan is sitting there all "Maybe wanting to sleep with Hitomi was just because she reminded me of my little sister," and then we saw in that other episode the lady in the garden and I thought nothing of it, then she shows up in Asteria, and LO AND BEHOLD,
ALAN'S LITTLE SISTER IS LORD DULANDAU.

Escaflowne is an amazing show.

Tenumi

Banned
Looks like were finally getting the Eureka Seven AO Dub (BD/DVD) this summer from Funimations release slate for August.

Mirai Nikki is dvd only I guess.

August.

Hurray! Releases I actually would buy if I had money! Especially Haganai and Future Diary.

--------

Its been a terrible day for me mentally. Nearly had quite a big breakdown. Hopefully a good rest tonight helps, and I can relax and watch some anime tomorrow.

CorvoSol

Code Geass 21

Lelouch's plan is basically coming entirely undone by the power of love. And also because he has been careless and sloppy as hell ever since that business with Mao awhile back. Now Euphemia has basically managed to secure from Schneizel (not the Pokemon), the 2nd Prince (which, as I understand, means there is someone between him and the King who is 1st in line for the Throne) to open up an area where Japanese are restored their rights.

In other words, Lelouch's Rebellion has been beautifully coopted and undermined by simple social reform. Whether you wish to chalk this up to Euphemia or Schneizel, it should be apparent now that Lelouch, for as cunning as he initially seemed has been outplayed in the game of thrones this turn.

Also, Suzaku and Euphemia are an adorable couple and my preferred characters over Lelouch and, I dunno, Pizza Hut?

Oh, and did they just imply that the Earl was gay to his fiance? Isn't that unwise to do before the wedding? Or does "He simply feels no attraction at all to women" really mean "He only likes giant robots." and isn't having a gay mechanic who is allegedly sexually attracted to the machines he builds kind of a cliche at this point in mecha history?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I bet you were one of the nerds in school.

Ami's not even a nerd; she's just a boring academic who strives for perfection in school because she's terrible at everything else in life and wouldn't have an identity otherwise. Bottom of the loser food chain.

Articalys

The list of Funimation's panels at Anime Boston made me realize I had no idea they'd announced the first two English cast members for Eureka Seven AO. Micah Solusod is Ao, and Monica Rial is Naru. (Amusingly enough, those two are also the dub voices for Touma and Index.)

Code Geass 21

Lelouch's plan is basically coming entirely undone by the power of love. And also because he has been careless and sloppy as hell ever since that business with Mao awhile back. Now Euphemia has basically managed to secure from Schneizel (not the Pokemon), the 2nd Prince (which, as I understand, means there is someone between him and the King who is 1st in line for the Throne) to open up an area where Japanese are restored their rights.

In other words, Lelouch's Rebellion has been beautifully coopted and undermined by simple social reform. Whether you wish to chalk this up to Euphemia or Schneizel, it should be apparent now that Lelouch, for as cunning as he initially seemed has been outplayed in the game of thrones this turn.

Also, Suzaku and Euphemia are an adorable couple and my preferred characters over Lelouch and, I dunno, Pizza Hut?

Oh, and did they just imply that the Earl was gay to his fiance? Isn't that unwise to do before the wedding? Or does "He simply feels no attraction at all to women" really mean "He only likes giant robots." and isn't having a gay mechanic who is allegedly sexually attracted to the machines he builds kind of a cliche at this point in mecha history?
Sooo close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom