• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Code Geass 21

Lelouch's plan is basically coming entirely undone by the power of love. And also because he has been careless and sloppy as hell ever since that business with Mao awhile back. Now Euphemia has basically managed to secure from Schneizel (not the Pokemon), the 2nd Prince (which, as I understand, means there is someone between him and the King who is 1st in line for the Throne) to open up an area where Japanese are restored their rights.

In other words, Lelouch's Rebellion has been beautifully coopted and undermined by simple social reform. Whether you wish to chalk this up to Euphemia or Schneizel, it should be apparent now that Lelouch, for as cunning as he initially seemed has been outplayed in the game of thrones this turn.

Also, Suzaku and Euphemia are an adorable couple and my preferred characters over Lelouch and, I dunno, Pizza Hut?

Oh, and did they just imply that the Earl was gay to his fiance? Isn't that unwise to do before the wedding? Or does "He simply feels no attraction at all to women" really mean "He only likes giant robots." and isn't having a gay mechanic who is allegedly sexually attracted to the machines he builds kind of a cliche at this point in mecha history?

*rubs hands together*

wonzo

Banned
rmstitan2.jpg

Utena… GNU APPROVED?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Moretsu Pirates - 02

Mother and daughter spend quality time together using high tech weaponry in the desert, and Marika and Chiaki have some alone time to themselves on the school ship (
though nothing lewd happened :(
).

Not bad so far, just get that Kane guy outta there so there can be no obstacles in my space garden.

==========================

Gunbuster - 03

mOuSS0m.png

(
8 minutes later...
)

4AuPsnl.png

Crisis averted!! Champagne all around!

Pooya

Suisei no Gargantia, yes or no?

relaxing, pretty scenery and soothing music, if you like that, definitely. Sometimes I think Gargantia is one of those shows that are made for tourism attraction, I wish the place was real :(
It's really beautiful to look at.

I'm considering taking on Jexhuis' "don't watch the last two episodes of Madoka for three months" challenge.

Dude, don't do it. Just watch them and get it over with. No one should be forced to experience the horrible waiting game that they were forced to. It will drive your mind insane with all that happened so far. You'll just end up being spoiled in the end if you do that.

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water - 21

So, that was pretty much a perfect episode as far as I'm concerned. Crazy action, super tense, beautiful early Gainax animation and lovely music. I was surprised to hear tracks from Eva 3.33 pop up in the big battle too: didn't realize those had initially come from Nadia.

And Sanson?
Sniping a fucking giant missile from afar with a pistol is so ridiculously badass. Almost TOO badass.

One more episode, and then I dive right into hell. Wish me luck.

Suen

Very yes.

It's alright. Depends on what you're looking for though.

Hecks yes, if you look past its shiny anime exterior, it reminds me of the stories I used to read in Asimov's magazine.

Depends on your tolerance for unnecessary or shoehorned titillation.

Yes, for the sake of Ledo alone and the first 11 minutes of episode one, and the precious voice of Chamber.

relaxing, pretty scenery and soothing music, if you like that, definitely. Sometimes I think Gargantia is one of those shows that are made for tourism attraction, I wish the place was real :(
It's really beautiful to look at.

Yep! Watch it for everything except the first 11 minutes of episode 1.

View towards it seems very positive here, will give it a try. Thanks anime-GAF!

Toriko Episode 101- People Without Gratitude Aren't Welcome! Terrifying Chowlin Temple!
tumblr_mmvaerKXk61qbxqfpo1_500.png

Chin chin chin is funny with the names and such and such a cool skill. Im impressed by this arc simply for the etiquette stuff and how everything around even involves it, the forests, the food, and even the temple itself attacking and what not. Good.

They going to adapt the Liberal City Arts SS light novel. It's gonna have characters that will appear in Index 3 and Railgun's Daihaseisai Arc the next time.
Oh i didn't knew that .thanks for the info :)

LOL

================================

Mouretsu Pirates - 03

Not a lot going on in this episode, but surprisingly we had some early :sdburton.

They are showing the world and most of the mecanics.. This is the "great for the sci-fi & die hard fans " phase. The good stuff comes after that.
But as you can see the yatch club has already some signs that do not lie.

-----------
Zettai Bouei Leviathan - 05

Syrop is without a doubt the most expansive pet to keep in ages.That fairy with bottomless stomach is not to be underestimated !

NOw going by how the episode ended i'm pretty sure the barbecue won't end well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ami's not even a nerd; she's just a boring academic who strives for perfection in school because she's terrible at everything else in life and wouldn't have an identity otherwise. Bottom of the loser food chain.
Nah, she's just softspoken. You only see the real Ami in short glimpses.

SDBurton

They are showing the world and most of the mecanics.. This is the "great for the sci-fi & die hard fans " phase. The good stuff comes after that.
But as you can see the yatch club has already some signs that do not lie.

Yeah, I'm just getting anxious. :lol

==========================

Mouretsu Pirates - 04

Speaking of which, looks like things will be picking up next episode. :D

Looks like there's another possible pairing between the Prez and VP. Good stuff!

Articalys

New streaming site DAISUKI has officially launched.

https://www.daisuki.net/

To start things off, the first five episodes each of Gundam Seed HD, Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Z Gundam, Lupin the Third Part II, and the Prince of Tennis OVA are now up and free to watch.

The first round of a series of votes to determine which shows to add is also posted.

As an initial impression, overall the site looks pretty well-made to me, but we'll have to see how things turn out in the long run.

New streaming site DAISUKI has officially launched.

https://www.daisuki.net/

To start things off, the first five episodes each of Gundam Seed HD, Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Z Gundam, Lupin the Third Part II, and the Prince of Tennis OVA are now up and free to watch.

The first round of a series of votes to determine which shows to add is also posted.

Gundam Seed HD...how do I get it into HD resolution, awkward player.

Guess Ill check out Z Gundam?

Smile Precure 17

OH boy, it's a comedy contest episode.

These episodes have never worked out for me so far in this franchise, and have also followed roughly the same format. I don't know why, but it's like... with Smile Precure, it was a comedy series anyway, so it's weird. Manzai episodes were generally my least favorite Splash Star episodes because it's just lost on me, and I highly doubt that there's anything in here that will get me to la---

2UmXc.gif

This episode actually delivered. Bravo Smile Precure. A simple picture just isn't enough for this moment.

Flesh Precure 02:
Voice acting is still stale as fuck. Some of it is just plain bad (where the fuck did they get the seiyuu for Miki's mom?)

The only thing worth in her family is the massive incest vibes getting thrown out there. Otherwise Miki, and her family, gets constantly thrown under the bus. Not that I care really.

SDBurton

Mouretsu Pirates - 05

Some pretty clutch moments in this episode, and Marika finally makes her decision!

Now that Chiaki's identity has been revealed
, will she be a rival to Marika? Will there be intense docking action in the future?! :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom