• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Yes, that's in the episode.

What better alternative? I don't want Geass at least the S1 being any different. Hail Goro.

There's several I could mention, to say the least, but it's not going to change things at this point. Doesn't mean I can't see any positives to what happened though. In addition to what I already said before, I like the post-twist episodes showing everything descend into chaos.

fertygo

There's several I could mention, to say the least, but it's not going to change things at this point. Doesn't mean I can't see any positives to what happened though. In addition to what I already said before, I like the post-twist episodes showing everything descend into chaos.

Yep its totally felt like shit went down, I always overwhelmed if I marathon the series and got to that episode. So good..

She look similar to Lacus also help all the giddy feeling that I got.

Kagami

Queen's Blade S2 - 12 [Season 2 END]

I gotta say, I really do love the Queen's Blade series. This show gives off that Soul Edge/Calibur vibe where it provides a colorful cast of characters each with their own purpose for competing
Yeah fundamentally Queen's Blade is like a fighting game, even though it's not a video game, so adaptions tend to feel like fighting game adaptions.

Moving on to the specials next before I start Rebellion.
The original series specials are unfortunately rather crappy, neither animated well nor drawn well.
The Rebellion ones are good though, and the bonus exercise videos on the pre-Rebellion Premium Visual Book OVAs are fine too.

CorvoSol

Kiddy Grade 1

So it's a show about a little girl and a woman who work for a government trade organization in space? Hmmm. Also what's the deal with Eclair's crucifix motif? Ah, well, it's certainly interesting. Lumiere's eyes are a bit too far apart for me, though.

Articalys

Okay, so you know that Princess and the Pilot (To Aru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku) movie that NISA licensed a bit ago and just released earlier this week? It's based on a novel, and the author had also written a prequel series of novels, To Aru Hikuushi e no Koiuta, which were just announced to have their own anime adaptation in the works. Don't know what form it'll be in yet.
The light novel series is set in the same world as Inumura's To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku (Recollection of a Certain Airship Pilot/The Princess and the Pilot) novel, although it is set earlier with a different cast of characters. The story of love and aerial combat follows a former prince who lost everything to a revolution, and a girl who became the symbol for the revolution. The orphaned prince, now renamed Karueru, embarks on a one-way journey to discover the ends of the heavens. Aboard the levitating island of Isura, he meets a girl named Claire.
vmWMkxp.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Make-Up! Sailor Soldier]
Fifteen minutes of stock footage and Usagi getting trolled. It is super weird seeing all this tv material cut for widescreen, since it was shown in cinemas. I just watched it to get it in my MAL.
Code Geass 22 is
Euphinator
, isn't it?
It is why I can't take any comments that Geass jumped the shark with R2. That episode set up the tone for the rest of the franchise.

Kagami

Queen's Blade OVA - 01

Alright, so I decided to do some research last night due to the massive confusion I had after I finished the first episode of Rebellion. Apparently 2 OVAs were released before the 3rd season aired that explained what occurred after season 2 ended and acted as a prologue for Rebellion.
There's 6 post-original-series OVAs, then 2 pre-Rebellion OVAs, for a total of 8 episodes between the original series and Rebellion.

They still haven't explained why
Claudette is the queen instead of Reina, but after getting a teaser shot of Reina who looks like she's on a journey I'm sure things will come to light soon enough.
The last pages of the Premium Visual Book that comes with that OVA briefly mentions
that Reina left the throne to Claudette, though it doesn't give a reason.

JCG

It is why I can't take any comments that Geass jumped the shark with R2. That episode set up the tone for the rest of the franchise.

It did, in a way, but my view is that episode (and its follow-ups) also showed you could still do that same sort of crazy stuff better than how R2 often handled itself. There was less of a rush, more build-up and more time for the consequences. Which is what makes all the difference, even when we're speaking of insane twists. Of course, I'm focusing on the details while you might just refer to the concept.

Be that as it may, I'm glad Akito exists (and that's it's selling alright so far), to show the property still has room for other approaches.

Kagami

Did they seriously need to add
The answer is always yes.
(Maybe Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS will deliver this time around.)

A shame you can't vote the Coach.

The winner of the previous poll was unhappy about that last time, too.
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/55617020/#55619817
Tomoka voter comment said:
”I think Tomoka is a very good girl. Even when she’s training really hard, she doesn’t complain and keeps a positive attitude. I think I’m^H^H^HTomoka is a good match for Subaru. P.S. I think it’s wrong there’s no option to vote for Subaru! -- by Tomoka”

fertygo

I don't understand why they saying timeslot change make Goro can't do "flashback from final arc" in episode 1 of R2 that Goro wanted to do, weird.

JCG

I don't understand why they saying timeslot change make Goro can't do "flashback from final arc" in episode 1 of R2 that Goro wanted to do, weird.

Because having a new timeslot meant the target audience changed...or rather, it was suddenly expanded (in theory, I imagine, more than in practice).

Taniguchi wanted to continue directly, as if nothing had changed, but it seems the argument was that would have left any new viewers in the dust.

Kagami

Queen's Blade S3: Rebellion - 04

More importantly I really want to know what the hell is up with
Claudette and the rest of the QB verterans. They're so cold and heartless, manipulating and bullying people into doing their bidding. The fact that I'm starting to hate Elina, Claudette and Ymir (not such much her)
is really biting me. :lol
Well Elina's behavior was always kind of questionable, haha.

*hugs SDBurton*

(Sorry for the late hug)
You haven't seen the best of QB Rebellion yet

Yep.
7 of them actually and probably more with an upgrade from the game if they dare to do Another season
( it's going to happen, right ? right ? )
I hope so.
So much fan disgruntlement over the Rebellion anime, though. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay, so you know that Princess and the Pilot (To Aru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku) movie that NISA licensed a bit ago and just released earlier this week? It's based on a novel, and the author had also written a prequel series of novels, To Aru Hikuushi e no Koiuta, which were just announced to have their own anime adaptation in the works. Don't know what form it'll be in yet.
You know, the movie was basically a steampunky version of Ace Combat, complete with fake Earth and everything. I imagine that the prequel would probably explain why the world is at war in the first place.

Was reading an archived 2ch thread the other day and this advertisement popped up:
(click for full size)
Link : Image
Girls + military nerds. It makes too much sense.

cajunator

Banned
Mouretsu Pirates - 08

nKUEj8G.gif

Oh god I know we're in space but stop giving me all these ships! A princess and a pirate? Together? So saucy!

You will be shipping stuff from this show for years.

Code Geass 22

16 minutes in.

OH. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO.

AS IN WHAT IN THE ROYAL FUCK.

OH HELL NO.

OH MY GOD.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

This episode was one of anime's greatest gifts to mankind. It put this show on another level.
A transcendent episode, which has few peers worthy of contention.

Like I'm 100% certain I've not watched a single Yuyushiki related video on YouTube and yet the Full OP appeared in my recommended videos. Google knows what shows I'm watching!!!

They very well might through some connected service or website.

Code Geass 22 is
Euphinator
, isn't it?

Oh it sure is :D

Kiddy Grade 1

So it's a show about a little girl and a woman who work for a government trade organization in space? Hmmm. Also what's the deal with Eclair's crucifix motif? Ah, well, it's certainly interesting. Lumiere's eyes are a bit too far apart for me, though.

Yessssss. Finally!
I have no idea if you will enjoy this or not but Im interested to see what you think.

This is that show people told me sucks but that I cant help be intrigued by.

mAcOdIn

I wouldn't go that far, but she really needs to up her game.

Well I did go that far and I'd go even further!
Here's how the battle would have turned out had I wrote the episode:

Maou eggs Emi on to get her to join the fight, Emi goes out there and flounders up to the point Ashiya saves her, up until that point it's the same. Now, here's where I'd change it.

Ashiya proudly proclaims that he had to retrieve his Demon General Cloak with Emi making a smart remark afterwards. Ashiya would then proudly proclaim "not to worry I got you a uniform as well and hand her an apron. Emi, being the annoying self-centered goofball she is would get insulted and say "I'm a hero I would never wear this to a battle. Ashiya would then point out that the apron is proudly emblazoned with the words "hero of the kitchen" and tell her not to worry, again, as she's not going to be in the battle, that he and Maou will finish things up and that her task will be to go to castle overlord to cook them a victory dinner and that the apron is a suitable uniform for her task.

The author's pretty much there.

Gargantia

I just saw ep 1 & I liked it. Before I go further does it continue to deliver?

Yes. I certainly think so.

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water - Episode 23

Nothing. That was 24 minutes of nothing. Nothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothing. King is a cyborg lion cub capable of eating metal cans and manipulating his teeth like a chainsaw. Jean has a mutant body capable of swallowing gallons of salt water with only minor damage. He's also able to fire a long range sound beam.

Nothingnothingnothingnothing.

All that remained was pain, and the hope that maybe he would survive to see better days.

Kagami

Gargantia

I just saw ep 1 & I liked it. Before I go further does it continue to deliver?
Yes, though it depends on what you want it to deliver.

The English part of the BD description on Amazon Japan says this:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00C2L1810/
In the distant future a young boy, Ledo, is raised in space knowing nothing but war, until he comes to Earth, a planet whose surface is nearly covered in water, where he witness the sea for the first time. On the vast seas with an aquamarine glow, people form huge fleets and live a humble, but happy life. Ledo is the only foreigner in this world with foreign customs and language, but he’s not alone. What can he do to make a living here? What should he live for now? His days on this verdurous planet will make him face those questions.

Yes. I certainly think so.

Yes, though it depends on what you want it to deliver.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00C2L1810/
In the distant future a young boy, Ledo, is raised in space knowing nothing but war, until he comes to Earth, a planet whose surface is nearly covered in water, where he witness the sea for the first time. On the vast seas with an aquamarine glow, people form huge fleets and live a humble, but happy life. Ledo is the only foreigner in this world with foreign customs and language, but he’s not alone. What can he do to make a living here? What should he live for now? His days on this verdurous planet will make him face those questions.

Appreciate the input folks.

Articalys

Wait, I just noticed this. Don't remember ever seeing any anime BD recently having a full English portion for the description on Amazon JP. Is this a rarity or are there a lot more out there that I just don't know about? Or are they just really hoping for Gargantia to be an international import success?

Kagami

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R: The Promise of the Rose]

Well, that was an Ikuhara movie.
Not only that, but Ikuhara pretty much gave a thematic retelling of the entire R TV series with the movie, much like he would later do with Utena. Except dirty ol' Wiseman is now a sexy flower being.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Not only that, but Ikuhara pretty much gave a thematic retelling of the entire R TV series with the movie, much like he would later do with Utena. Except dirty ol' Wiseman is now a sexy flower being.
Then who was Chibi-Usa? I think the
parental themes
are just as important, even if it does the "you are (not) alone" schtick as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom