• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gargantia ep 2

His arms are really slim and he's kinda effeminate "

I was oh Amy I like you. Also, the last 5 minutes were, hey you're going to help....woah dude!

Defuser

Took me a while to make this but its done.

Valvrave Wallpaper 1920 x 1080
gI9DFaI.jpg

I'll probably do a verson 2 improvment sometime later.

duckroll

Majestic Prince - Episode 7

sCYNd6X.jpg

Rape culture. Literally!

Yeah this episode is great. Probably my favorite out so far. Really nice developments on the Wulgaru world and their culture. Great backgrounds too. Nice colors and textures, and the art direction makes it feel really alien. The Wulgaru people seem to be somewhat based on ancient Greek mythology settings, and as expected the people are war-like, driven by instincts and pleasure, but also somewhat religious in terms of prophecies and signs. Pretty cool stuff.

It's really nice to see the GDF side develop more too, and the main characters finally settle into military life. With the introductions long over, it looks like the series is finally moving into interesting stuff. The next episode should be the first all out war episode. Should be great. Can't wait! :D

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah fundamentally Queen's Blade is like a fighting game, even though it's not a video game, so adaptions tend to feel like fighting game adaptions.

Which in this case works out quite well!

The original series specials are unfortunately rather crappy, neither animated well nor drawn well.
The Rebellion ones are good though, and the bonus exercise videos on the pre-Rebellion Premium Visual Book OVAs are fine too.

Yeah I watched the pre-Rebellion OVAs, they were pretty good!

fertygo

Macross : Do You Remember Love

What a wonderful movie, its may not have deep message but its have craft and passion on it.. Its just entertainment for about 2 hour, and I can't speak enough for the production value because my god..

Minmay also look glorious.

I'm a bit sad its still not
her route
but oh well.. there's few thing that TV series does it better but I think I just look to this movie again when I miss the series because I think its packed the story well for its own and elevate some element and oh boy I can't switch off from this quality again.

And Ai Oboeteimasuka still the best Macross Song, I had the same chill in SRW Alpha stage when this song played as BGM, so good.. I will rewatch this movie many time.

Nafe

Man, I can't believe you remembered this post from so many pages ago; from a small-time junior poster as well!

Glad to see you enjoyed Banner in the end though. I think perhaps the reason I like it slightly more is that it feels slightly more cohesive in terms of fitting into the universe of a whole.
Whereas in Crest a lot of it is mainly about Jinto and Lafiel and how they essentially came to be paired together and the development of their relationship, Banner then takes that and places it in a more a realistic atmosphere; he is a an officer and she is a captain and also a member of the imperial family. Compared to their adventures in the first series, it's easier to see how situations like that are a one-off and they can't always have that time alone together.

In terms of Banner II, I was initially soured on the series I think which perhaps reflects badly on how I view it. I can't really expand further without spoiling it so I'll maybe mention it if/when you watch the next series.

Banner III for many is a low point in the series because they basically try and compress an entire novel into a single 50 minute OVA when before they'd had the luxury of a 13 episode series. It's not bad as such since it still has some pretty great moments (particularly in the directors cut!) but it overall feels rushed and compromises the experience.

It's unfortunate to admit that I've seen it many times where other members will look down on junior members as if they are some kind of lesser being but you don't have to worry about me doing the same. Being a junior member just means you're new to the NeoGaf forum so personally I treat them like any other member. There are some nice junior members and some who may also be pretty knowledgeable in regards to their different interests as well.

I quite liked Banner so I certainly wouldn't mind talking more about Banner II and your thoughts after I finish it.

I saw that Banner III is a lot shorter compared to the others so if they tried to adapt quite a bit of material in such a short time I could see why some would think less of it then.

Jex

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water - Episode 24

Yo, don't even worry about it. Jean has developed the ability to clone himself.

At least the end of the episode was cute.

EDIT: What the fuck is this stupid conversation about eating meat and eggs and OH MY GOD EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP.

You know, the only person forcing you to watch the Island Arc is you. It's possible to skip the whole thing!

Mature

Macross : Do You Remember Love

What a wonderful movie, its may not have deep message but its have craft and passion on it.. Its just entertainment for about 2 hour, and I can't speak enough for the production value because my god..

Minmay also look glorious.

I'm a bit sad its still not
her route
but oh well.. there's few thing that TV series does it better but I think I just look to this movie again when I miss the series because I think its packed the story well for its own and elevate some element and oh boy I can't switch off from this quality again.

And Ai Oboeteimasuka still the best Macross Song, I had the same chill in SRW Alpha stage when this song played as BGM, so good.. I will rewatch this movie many time.
You probably shouldn't go watch Macross II, lest you seize up from culture shock.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Happiness 06:

laIFfZA.jpg

JEWELLINA-SAMAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jewelland's most burning question answered: Jewelflashing can't bring the dead back to life. That's exclusively the domain of the POWER of FRIENDSHIP.

Jex

I saw that Banner III is a lot shorter compared to the others so if they tried to adapt quite a bit of material in such a short time I could see why some would think less of it then.
Just another victim of production realities.

Mature

eFWjRIa.png

I guess she skip leg training day.
Hahaha, awww.
You know, the only person forcing you to watch the Island Arc is you. It's possible to skip the whole thing!
There's nothing that goes on in the Island arc that makes it worth watching?

Now you teasing me, I only have plan to watch Plus and Zero in future.

And were Macross 7 was that bad?
Yeah, Macross 7 is that bad. I stopped after 10 or so episodes though. You should watch Plus and Zero as soon as possible. Plus being the best thing in the Macross franchise and Zero being an underrated fantastic story.

fertygo

Yeah, Macross 7 is that bad. I stopped after 10 or so episodes though. You should watch Plus and Zero as soon as possible. Plus being the best thing in the Macross franchise and Zero being an underrated fantastic story.

I will take a break a bit before watch Zero, and maybe waiting for the bluray in july for Plus.
Shame 7 was bad, its on SRW A3 cast.. I'm trying to watch as many series as possible (Its not) that featured in SRW because I'm replaying those.

Kamen Rider Agito 1

Iw4sUvR.jpg

You know things are off to a crazy start when the first episode has dead bodies stuffed in trees. Holy shit. I can already tell this is going to be great. Agito's first fight scene is amazing (though I'd already kinda seen it in the Agito PS1 game, in which it's recreated surprisingly faithfully). Probably one of the best I've seen in Kamen Rider, just in terms of atmosphere and visuals. Simple yet amazingly effective.

did agito have anime in it? Never watched it before.

ARATA KANGATARI - 04

This episode was pretty great !
We now have a decent view on what the sword does and the cast has a clear goal in mind for now.
I hope this means a new turn for this anime. ( it better stay as good )

cajunator

Banned
You know you're loving this !

There is nothing to be prepared for , the titles give you a sample of what you should expect but the anime itself goes in ways you ca't be ready for .

I'd say it's brillant !

I actually respect sunrise for going this route ! It made S2 even more believable since this episode give you the mindset that you can't be ready for normal things anymore.

Kiddy grade ...such a great show..i should rewatch it soon.

I worry about you , cajun , sometimes.

It's so entertaining !
Yes i like it that way !
Syrop interract with the cast perfectly and i love the cast goofing around to their own priorities!
It made the friend part in ep6 all the more believable since you do see them interract with each other long enough.

But yeah , they are probably not gonna give us anything serious untill the end.

Don't worry bout me. My anime obsessions are under control.

And yes, Kiddy Grade is a great fun show and I hope Corvy-kun likes it.

Little Sakuga Academia
wow
ibanI0WsMydLRZ.gif

amazing how much one can fit into ~25min, very entertaining, vs an average TV episode where a whole lot of nothing happens, it's been a while since I watched something like that, feels good :D

So...Team Sucy right? Join the winning team.

Can't wait to get back to the house to watch more.

It really was a super fun awesome squee series.
You're gonna be shipping for a good while.

eFWjRIa.png

I guess she skip leg training day.

Well prolonged time in space leads to muscle and bone deterioration and so the legs...
nevermind. I got nothin.

We have an Eureka Seven: AO english dub trailer.

AO - Micah Solusod
NARU - Lindsay Seidel
FLEUR - Sainty Reid
ELENA - Jād Saxton
IVICA - John Swasey
REBECKA - Jamie Marchi
TRUTH - Todd Haberkorn
GAZELLE - Brandon Potter
NOA - Monica Rial

I thought Ao would sound a bit younger...

Truth for best voice...

Jex

There's nothing that goes on in the Island arc that makes it worth watching?

Not really and the mere fact that it brings the pace of the story down to a grinding half as more egregious then the low-quality of the episodes contained within it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You may jest, but it certainly looks pretty amazing.

Tis no jest good sir, I literally said to myself "wow that looks fucking amazing" followed shortly by "how come modern anime doesn't look like this???".

ARATA KANGATARI - 05
I really can't help but think that the plot moves WAY too fast.

on one hand , many things happens in one episode , on the other hand , you're not able to process things properly.
There wasn't any time for us to deal with one event , that another comes.

Despite all of that they've managed to keep a "correct" pacing of sort ..but will they manage to do everything properly until the end ?

And why the hell are they showing me the "regular" , normal world , when they don't do a thing about it ?

Jex

Tis no jest good sir, I literally said to myself "wow that looks fucking amazing" followed shortly by "how come modern anime doesn't look like this???".

Sorry, when people talk about "three tone shading" they're usually making a veiled snipe at the 'otaking' dude who made that short Doctor Who animation with the five tone shading.

But yeah, it looks pretty god like. Of course, it takes a lot of work, presumably too much work.

KoiChoco 2

ibkvcjZGNv28gQ.jpg

Two in a row? I think this show panders to me almost too well.

This depressing backstory is really getting in the way of my elections and butts! The next few episodes seem like they're headed in the fun direction, so let's see how that goes.

Yep that's pandering alright. Pandering enough to throw on a list!

There is no list , only one girl to remove from the cast .

---------
ARATA KANGATARI - 06

This was a good fight , even if it was one-sided.

I'm waiting for next episode a lot to see that backstory because so far , the plot doesn't make sense at all and the MC question were 100% legitimate , even if his attitude toward fighting was totally lame.

Thankfully , episode 7 will have the answers i seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom