• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water - Episode 24

Yo, don't even worry about it. Jean has developed the ability to clone himself.

ScreenShot2013-05-16at81827PM_zps338cb02c.png

At least the end of the episode was cute.

EDIT: What the fuck is this stupid conversation about eating meat and eggs and OH MY GOD EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP.

Gargantia

I just saw ep 1 & I liked it. Before I go further does it continue to deliver?

That depends, did you like the all the crazy techno babble in the first half? Or did you like the peaceful tranquility and calm atmosphere of the second half?

If you choose the former, stay away. If you choose the latter, by all means keep going!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Rose]
Didn't have time for everything!
I think you can see elements of that plotline in Fiore and Mamoru, but very broadly. In general I agree with your assertion, but the execution is so different in the movie that you can forgive one for missing them at first glance.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I loved the subversion with
Tuxedo Mask being the one needing saving, for once.
Gotta have that FEMALE EMPOWERMENT.
Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water - Episode 24

EDIT: What the fuck is this stupid conversation about eating meat and eggs and OH MY GOD EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP.
And this is why Nadia is the worst GAINAX waifu.

Nadia is really good! It just happens to have a dubious middle part.

It's not that, it's just.... my mind has been scarred by certain videos, and that's all I could see when seeing the images. It wouldn't feel right anymore. It's like... the only series that suffers from this.

And this is why Nadia is the worst GAINAX waifu.

I honestly didn't have much problem with her silly 14 year old girlness till now. She's about as unreasonable as every 14 year girl I know, so it doesn't particularly bug me.

This arc is just emphasizing everything to stupidly stupid levels.

LEZ ALL BE OUT OF CHARACTER.

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water - Episode 25

Even Sanson can't win against the power of low production values.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aiura 6

Best teacher.

Henneko 5

Man, this show is so dumb, but so great at the same time. The bath thing was hilarious. Tsukino is adorable, too.

Yuyushiki 6

iNRCwxdpDvljA.gif

Mouretsu Pirates - 08

nKUEj8G.gif

Oh god I know we're in space but stop giving me all these ships! A princess and a pirate? Together? So saucy!
You know you're loving this !

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 1

I don't know what I was expecting with a title like "Love, Elections & Chocolate", but I sure as hell didn't sign up for
attempted murder
! These characters are super interesting and amuse me so far, so I can probably just not be bothered by the whole plot as dumb as it may be/may become. I'm now under suspicion that Ogata Megumi has never voiced a female or straight male as well.

A bishounen playing Ric? Sounds awful!
There is nothing to be prepared for , the titles give you a sample of what you should expect but the anime itself goes in ways you ca't be ready for .

Code Geass 22

16 minutes in.

OH. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO.

AS IN WHAT IN THE ROYAL FUCK.

OH HELL NO.

OH MY GOD.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.
I'd say it's brillant !

Code Geass 22 is what happens when you write yourself into a corner and respond by saying "to hell with this" and bulldoze through the corner like the Juggernaut.

To this day I'm still amazed Sunrise had the balls to deliberately play their audience with no pretense the way they did.
I actually respect sunrise for going this route ! It made S2 even more believable since this episode give you the mindset that you can't be ready for normal things anymore.
Kiddy Grade 1

So it's a show about a little girl and a woman who work for a government trade organization in space? Hmmm. Also what's the deal with Eclair's crucifix motif? Ah, well, it's certainly interesting. Lumiere's eyes are a bit too far apart for me, though.

Kiddy grade ...such a great show..i should rewatch it soon.

I WILL NOT ORDER ANOTHER FIGURE.
I WILL NOT ORDER ANOTHER FIGURE.
I WILL....N.....ORD...........FIGU.........

;_;
I worry about you , cajun , sometimes.

This is show is totally a group of TRPG players goofing around and ignoring the main quest the DM prepared.

It's so entertaining !
Yes i like it that way !
Syrop interract with the cast perfectly and i love the cast goofing around to their own priorities!
It made the friend part in ep6 all the more believable since you do see them interract with each other long enough.

But yeah , they are probably not gonna give us anything serious untill the end.

/XX/

It's gotta be lolikko cutie from Kannagi. I can't find a clip online, but didn't it have insane animation for some reason? Haha. Can't go wrong with Action Bastard, though.
There is one sure reason... because Tetsuya Takeuchi is worth it!

As I said (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46856004&postcount=2879), would have wanted to see an spin-off and have more "godly" Lolikko Cutie episodes too.

And is that really the kind of Crayon Shin-chan's bastardization they ended up showing in North America?

Thanks! I keep forgetting the name but need it to find a fan artbooks focused on Superheroes.
Do you mean the 'dōjin' released by Shigeto Koyama, Atsushi Nishigori & Hiromi Wakabayashi's BLA circle? These:

http://bokusatudotcom.blogspot.com.es/2009/12/vol.html
http://bokusatudotcom.blogspot.com.es/2010/12/c79.html

It is difficult to find both of them in good condition (and cheaply) anymore... even decent scans of it are scarce, right now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kamen Rider Agito 1

Iw4sUvR.jpg

You know things are off to a crazy start when the first episode has dead bodies stuffed in trees. Holy shit. I can already tell this is going to be great. Agito's first fight scene is amazing (though I'd already kinda seen it in the Agito PS1 game, in which it's recreated surprisingly faithfully). Probably one of the best I've seen in Kamen Rider, just in terms of atmosphere and visuals. Simple yet amazingly effective.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 313 – Rain Followed by Snow, with Some Lightning
tumblr_mmw7utL83w1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Almost thought the filler was awful but then Sasuke (how do people even hate him, just look at him), and then more part one kid version of our other favorites, Shikamaru, etc. The crying kid Yota is a bit on the annoying side, crying kids are almost one of the worst things in anime and manga...and its a two parter!

/XX/

Attack on Titan OP is that unpopular?
It was in the top 10 singles chart of Apple's iTunes for Japan after a week (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=54100722#post54100722), that seems like a very notorious popularity, and for a TV-size version...

Oh god that was an immediate drop in quality. Plus nothing's happened in the first ten minutes.

Ohgodohgodohgod.
What have I done.
You didn't actually have to, man.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 313 – Rain Followed by Snow, with Some Lightning
tumblr_mmw7utL83w1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Almost thought the filler was awful but then Sasuke (how do people even hate him, just look at him), and then more part one kid version of our other favorites, Shikamaru, etc. The crying kid Yota is a bit on the annoying side, crying kids are almost one of the worst things in anime and manga...and its a two parter!

Because he turned into this:

naruto_sasuke0453.jpeg

and then this:

/XX/

10 minute into Macross DYRL

Mother of god...
Why Cartoon stop looked like this ;____;
Maybe, let's say, because of a lack of passionate amateurs from a generation born along the SF 'new wave', and obsessed with it, in a time of economic prosperity and overall positiveness when it seemed easier to exploit yourself out of blind dedication.

I'd always recommend what I think is a good review of Macross: Do Your Remember Love? as is this one, that talks about themes like those; that passion and sacrifice for working on illusions:

Anime World Order Podcast » Anime World Order Show # 50 – Watch Everything We Talk About This Week, Okay?
http://www.awopodcast.com/2007/03/anime-world-order-show-50-watch.html

A true Nonoriri doesn't skip the island episodes of Nadia. smh
Mr. Regulus, I think that avatar of yours should get revoked... I just follow what Master Anno wants me to, not NHK producers!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mr. Regulus, I think that avatar of yours should get revoked... I just follow what Master Anno wants me to, not NHK producers!
I wouldn't trust the word of the man that unleashed Rebuild of Evangelion upon the world!

Look at the Buster Machine inside of you. You know it to be true.

fertygo

Because cartoons stopped looking like that.

(and no, I can actually still watch the movies. That was just a silly facetious remark)
I'm just teasing you.
Maybe I gonna feel like that for real, my goodness these modern stuff can't hold a candle.

I'd say because a lack of passionate amateurs from a generation born along the SF 'new wave', and obsessed with it, in a time of economic prosperity and overall positiveness when it seemed easier to exploit yourself out of blind dedication.

I'd always recommend a what I think is a good review like this one, that talks about themes like those; that passion and sacrifice for working on illusions:

Anime World Order Podcast » Anime World Order Show # 50 – Watch Everything We Talk About This Week, Okay?
Unfortunately eh...

Thanks for the link, would read later.

Caesnd

I'm just teasing you.
Maybe I gonna feel like that for real, my goodness these modern stuff can't hold a candle.

For your sake, I hope you wont :) A (now not so) secret dream of mine is some sort of SF anime with Yoji Shinkawa as the main character and mechanical designer. He just gets that 80's Tatsunoko Pro look so perfectly, and he has interesting ideas to boot.

Also, Thanks for that review as well /XX/!

/XX/

I wouldn't trust the word of the man that unleashed Rebuild of Evangelion upon the world!

Look at the Buster Machine inside of you. You know it to be true.
Well, yeah, and I can always use as an excuse that Mr. Anno delegates responsibilities in his right-hand Kazuya Tsurumaki with Rebuild of Evangelion on the same way he did in Shinji Higuchi at the time for Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, right? So both aren't gospel equally, and because of that... why defend one and not the other, my man? ;-)

And precisely Mr. Higuchi himself has talked about what kind of chaos formed using mashed-up convoluted ideas from Mr. Enokido, Mr. Tsurumaki & Masayuki (with Mr. Anno supervising it all) this project has become:

Evangelion 2.0 Complete Records Collection
http://www.gwern.net/docs/2010-crc#shinji-higuchi

Sometimes, sometimes, the Toshio Okada's 'chaos strategy' doesn't works as intended...

Thanks for the link, would read later.
Also, Thanks for that review as well /XX/!
Thank you both for checking it! I find the review very pleasing, so I want many to hear what Daryl Surat has to say.

Tenumi

Banned
I think funimation picked a good art for their Guilty Crown (aug 27) cover. (and pt 2)
tumblr_mmwa7w9ZIr1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Is it a bad thing I want those? I'm aware of the series reputation, but those arts look so nice, and I'm probably going to watch the series eventually anyway...

Eh, need to get the money first. I can't make plans to buy stuff with money that I don't have...

Pooya

Little Sakuga Academia
wow
ibanI0WsMydLRZ.gif

amazing how much one can fit into ~25min, very entertaining, vs an average TV episode where a whole lot of nothing happens, it's been a while since I watched something like that, feels good :D

Is it a bad thing I want those? I'm aware of the series reputation, but those arts look so nice, and I'm probably going to watch the series eventually anyway...

Eh, need to get the money first. I can't make plans to buy stuff with money that I don't have...

Yes. Do not let the art distract you.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, yeah, and I can always use as an excuse that Mr. Anno delegates responsibilities in his right-hand Kazuya Tsurumaki with Rebuild of Evangelion on the same way he did in Shinji Higuchi at the time for Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, right? So both aren't gospel equally, and because of that... why defend one and not the other, my man? ;-)
Hyperbole aside, I obviously don't believe Anno is the end-all be-all of Rebuild's failures. I just like making fun of the guy because he is a lovable dork. In the end, people lash out at certain recognisable figureheads for simplicity's sake. Me throwing proverbial dung bombs on the man is simply shorthand.

Regarding Nadia, however, I don't think the entire island arc is without merit. Most of the Nadia and Jean development occurs during those ill-fated episodes, and they even include a bit for side characters like Grandis towards the very end. It's not that those episodes are devoid of any actual importance, but that they are so awfully paced and produced that the mess by itself is of notoriety.

This, I will admit, may be the Toei fan inside me talking.

Dragoshi1

I caught myself up with Scientific Railgun S.

Loved first season and this one as well, comparing the Index I and II to this, I prefer Science > Magic any day. The science part of the series is that much more interesting and entertaining.

/XX/

Hyperbole aside, I obviously don't believe Anno is the end-all be-all of Rebuild's failures. I just like making fun of the guy because he is a lovable dork. In the end, people lash out at certain recognisable figureheads for simplicity's sake. Me throwing proverbial dung bombs on the man is simply shorthand.
I know man, just wanted to tease you a little to continue the conversation. I had to save face in some way after you invoked my Nonoriri spirit like that. :p

Even though he really is the visible head of the project, so it is actually fair to aim criticisms at him after all, I don't necessarily see a problem with it.

Regarding Nadia, however, I don't think the entire island arc is without merit. Most of the Nadia and Jean development occurs during those ill-fated episodes, and they even include a bit for side characters like Grandis towards the very end. It's not that those episodes are devoid of any actual importance, but that they are so awfully paced and produced that the mess by itself is of notoriety.
That's true. I always thought the underlying skeleton of these arcs were prior concepts for episodes about characterization that had to be stretched along all its run, and later filled with what we had to suffer. Probably because of that we can see those worthy moments tossed as an aside out of pace.

And another link for you, because I know you like Sugi's 'caffè latte' works:

Twitter / Nowtoo: @Ao929 今はここまで出来ています! http://t. ...
https://twitter.com/Nowtoo/status/334975198644289536

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom