• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hentai neko is a pretty good show. One of the more likeable protagonists and I don't hate any of the girl characters. I like the whole "liar liar" aspect where he can only speak what hes thinking, yet he still doesn't come across as a total dick. Tsukiko is adorable in that hat.

I don't know why, but I haven't been really been really keeping up with it.

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% Episode 7 (utapri)
tumblr_mmx27sr4tj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Personally Natsuki is my least favorite due to that personality however Satsuki is really amazing so Im always faced with conflicting emotions with his moments. Satsuki moments were awesome. The best scene was when we knew it was happening and Nanami made that weird scream in panic about it. Additionally it has the best action scene, had to go through that twice. Way fun episode.

I wonder if the next episodes will involve Quartet Night? Seems a waste if they only sung Poison Kiss and thats it all season...

So Hentai neko is a pretty good show. One of the more likeable protagonists and I don't hate any of the girl characters. I like the whole "liar liar" aspect where he can only speak what hes thinking, yet he still doesn't come across as a total dick. Tsukiko is adorable in that hat.

Best anime of the season.

I'm not biased.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Between Sailor Moon, Madoka, various Precure series, Doremi, and Cardcaptor Sakura this thread might as well be renamed Mahou Shoujo |OT|.

Theonik

Valvrave 06
This show delivers in so many ways it's not funny. I am dying here holy shit.
Dat ED transition. Don't tell me it's time to change EDs :(

It's certainly one of my favorite shows of the season. It's just constant absurd entertainment and it's adorable to boot.

Y7JAhg6.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll try, but I'd have to catch up. I'm enjoying Maou at the moment, despite that I know where it's going (experience, can see the pixels, seen lots of shops etc.)
Honestly, I'm more hyped by the premise more than anything else. I will say that given what I know and where they've said they'll end the series,
I'm not sure if it will be satisfying as a series. It sort of depends on whether or not they have the balls to end the series definitively, since I imagine that a sequel series will never happen.

Or it might be another Pet Girl. lol

Uta no Prince Sama Maji Love 2000% Episode 7 (utapri)

I wonder if the next episodes will involve Quartet Night? Seems a waste if they only sung Poison Kiss and thats it all season...
You actually know the songs?!

I'm just here for dead-eye moe and the bishies!

Tenumi

Banned

This gives me an excuse to post this screencap again!

For being
a girl peeking at a nude guy
, that's so freaking adorable.

Honestly, I'm more hyped by the premise more than anything else. I will say that given what I know and where they've said they'll end the series,
I'm not sure if it will be satisfying as a series. It sort of depends on whether or not they have the balls to end the series definitively, since I imagine that a sequel series will never happen.

I thought Pet Girl supposedly became terrible from like... episode 3 and then a crime against humanity as time went on.

Metrotab

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! - 18

Holy shit at the bathroom scene. Satou shouting loudly "... SUCK ME OFF!" Misaki immediately rushes in and asks "Can I help?!"
/dead

Kobayashi reminds me of mom's old homeopathy/alternative medicine friends. Disliked them then, dislike them now.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Oh god I was trying to block the memories of Pet Girl. >>;

CorvoSol

What do you think of Yazan Gable?

I think he has no eyebrows. Seriously, he's just another misbehaved soldier in a show of misbehaved soldiers who are all surprised when their misbehaving teenage soldiers misbehave, too.

Zeta Gundam's second act is a disappointing mess.

I'd say the show can be interpreted both ways, though his transparent "damn the means, I want the ends" nature definitely gets quite villainous at this point in the story and the actual material doesn't really shy away from allowing you to support that position.

To paraphrase what someone from the staff once said, Lelouch is clearly a villain when/if you take a look at him from Suzaku's perspective, so it's not surprising that you're reaching the same conclusion. Which doesn't stop different people from rooting for him, but that's another can of worms.

I'd say he
KILLS HIS SISTER and spends the day laughing about how he's going to have to kill his former best friend. It's pretty obvious what Lelouch is.
And the worst part of all of it is that he CANNOT say that he didn't want ANY of it.

Let's review why what happens in the last two episodes are exactly what he wanted:
First, Nunally asks, "You love her (Euphemia), too, don't you?" and he says "I did." Lelouch is FURIOUS about the fact that Euphemia's special zone has in one fell swoop destroyed his rebellion. He brings a weapon to their meeting, and orders her to use the gun to shoot him in front of everyone. That's right, Lelouch had planned, going into that meeting, for exactly what did happen: Euphemia to fire a gun, defame herself, and send all the PR back to his own movement. He wanted what happened to happen. The only reason she didn't do it, was because his Geass was going through puberty. Then, still talking about it, his Geass finds a way to accomplish what he wants just the same. Euphemia goes out, fires a gun, and destroys the special zone, her cred, and ignites the flame of Lelouch's own movement. He then kills her to cover his tracks, realizing how sloppy he's been, and claims, perhaps more for his own benefit than C2's, that using all of this to their benefit is the least he can do for her.

Lelouch wanted what happened to happen, right from the start. He's a cold, craven person. No way he "couldn't catch up to her" as she ran down that hall. We can't even say its because he isn't athletic, because EUPHEMIA WAS IN GODDAMN HEELS. Lelouch had every advantage and every opportunity to stop her, abduct her, and save her. Instead he let it all happen because he wanted it to.

Mature

Maou-sama is trying to capture several audiences. Theres nothing really wrong with that given the fact that otaku are the one who buy things. Until other demographics buy anime in droves, the companies will cater to the market that buys a product and what their tastes are. That's just the way it is. the show isn't super fanservicey, it just has multiple girls in it. Hardly a reason to really fault it. It was pretty obvious that it would turn into that kind of show from the start when Chiho had feelings for Maou and Emi was there.
I think it wouldn't have been so bad for me personally if I didn't get a specific type of genius Level-E vibe from the first episode. It really rocketed my expectations because I was laughing out loud. I'll hop back onto it and see if it can still capture my interest, but just by the way people have been talking about it, it sounds more like the show might revolve around really uninteresting relationships and melodrama and less on well delivered dead pan humor. Just a bit of conjecture that i'll confirm or deny myself!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I think it wouldn't have been so bad for me personally if I didn't get a specific type of genius Level-E vibe from the first episode. It really rocketed my expectations because I was laughing out loud. I'll hop back onto it and see if it can still capture my interest, but just by the way people have been talking about it, it sounds more like the show might revolve around really uninteresting relationships and melodrama and less on well delivered dead pan humor. Just a bit of conjecture that i'll confirm or deny myself!

Sadly over the years I've gotten used to the idea of an anime starting strong and ending poorly. :(

Dead

well not really...yet
I think he has no eyebrows. Seriously, he's just another misbehaved soldier in a show of misbehaved soldiers who are all surprised when their misbehaving teenage soldiers misbehave, too.

Zeta Gundam's second act is a disappointing mess.

I'd say he
KILLS HIS SISTER and spends the day laughing about how he's going to have to kill his former best friend. It's pretty obvious what Lelouch is.
And the worst part of all of it is that he CANNOT say that he didn't want ANY of it.

Let's review why what happens in the last two episodes are exactly what he wanted:
First, Nunally asks, "You love her (Euphemia), too, don't you?" and he says "I did." Lelouch is FURIOUS about the fact that Euphemia's special zone has in one fell swoop destroyed his rebellion. He brings a weapon to their meeting, and orders her to use the gun to shoot him in front of everyone. That's right, Lelouch had planned, going into that meeting, for exactly what did happen: Euphemia to fire a gun, defame herself, and send all the PR back to his own movement. He wanted what happened to happen. The only reason she didn't do it, was because his Geass was going through puberty. Then, still talking about it, his Geass finds a way to accomplish what he wants just the same. Euphemia goes out, fires a gun, and destroys the special zone, her cred, and ignites the flame of Lelouch's own movement. He then kills her to cover his tracks, realizing how sloppy he's been, and claims, perhaps more for his own benefit than C2's, that using all of this to their benefit is the least he can do for her.

Lelouch wanted what happened to happen, right from the start. He's a cold, craven person. No way he "couldn't catch up to her" as she ran down that hall. We can't even say its because he isn't athletic, because EUPHEMIA WAS IN GODDAMN HEELS. Lelouch had every advantage and every opportunity to stop her, abduct her, and save her. Instead he let it all happen because he wanted it to.
Lelouch is a slimy piece of shit through and through.

Cardcaptor Sakura 21

This episode lines up perfectly with today's Smile Pretty Cure episode

Because both of our main cast comes in last place, but at least they can yell that it was a Clow Cards fault. I don't think Mei realizes that her "fiancé" is into dudes yet, but Li lets her live the dream a bit longer.

Cardcaptor Sakura 22

More family bonding! And a lesson that even magic can't bring back the dead (even though it's a computer). She has quite the family to be bonded, A bishonen dad, a bishonen older brother, and they all contribute to everyone's well being.

Status Quo has not changed a bit.

Articalys

Since the last post I saw on this only sourced a direct-linked 4chan image that's since evaporated into the ether, here's a more concrete link for the Knights of Sidonia anime announcement. For anyone who's never heard of it before (like me):
The manga's story takes place after humans flee Earth due to the devastating invasion of alien creatures called Gauna. Humans travel through space in giant ships while the Gauna continue to pursue them. As a new human culture develops, people fight the Gauna with Guardian robotic mecha. A young man named Nagate Tanikaze trains as a Guardian pilot aboard the spaceship Sidonia and defends its people from Gauna attacks.
Also, a bit of info on future developments for Oregairu:
- the anime will adapt the first six LN volumes in total through episode 12, and episode 13 will be an anime-original story
- there's also going to be a original OVA episode bundled with the Oregairu Vita game
- the LN author is writing the script for both original episodes

Also, a bit of info on future developments for Oregairu:
- the anime will adapt the first six LN volumes in total through episode 12, and episode 13 will be an anime-original story
- there's also going to be a original OVA episode bundled with the Oregairu Vita game
- the LN author is writing the script for both original episodes

So yay or nay, firehawk? I must know!

jgminto

Valvrave 6

What an episode! We've got a main character, not motivated by love, honour or duty, but fame! She doesn't give a shit about Haruto! Just wants dem twitter followers!
And she was victorious! She doesn't give a shit about the vampire stuff either.
Suck it Haruto, watch the master. Sadly we also saw
Moses depart. It would have been nice to see him stick around for some more amazing lines.

The D-Squad was great this episode and next episode should provide the Eru Erufu moments that I love. This show is something special.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 70: The Returning Home of the Juvenile Delinquents

~ For health and beauty, take a cup of tea after a meal. ~

Prosit! I love it when they do that.
Julian, the boy wonder, and his 'juvenile delinquents' have recaptured Iserlohn Fortress, with some aid of Yang's magic. To be honest, I don't know what Lutz could have done, other than simply staying inside. Sad to see his defending commander kill himself. But I guess the captain goes down with the ship.
Also, Reinhard's gonna be piiiiiissed when Lutz brings the report. That's not gonna be a nice sight. Especially since he knows he's gonna have to recapture it AGAIN, with all the troubles Iserlohn's ferocious defenses bring.

Nafe

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Rose]

--Sailor Moon R Movie Ending Spoilers!--

While I liked the movie I feet the tension at the end is kind of lost.
You have the girls on the meteoroid crashing towards Earth and Usagi wants to use her crystal to protect them to which they're worried she'll die as what happened last series. The movie was originally released before the show had finished, or even if you watched it after you can tell it takes place sometime during the series, so it would seem weird to kill off Usagi in the movie especially with the show having the whole Crystal Tokyo and Chibiusa from the future story line. Even if it did happen it just felt like she could or would get revived again anyway.

Also,
I wonder why the girls didn't use Sailor Teleport to get off the meteoroid when that's how they got onto it in the first place.

[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 090

The S obviously stands for Sexy. Or maybe Science?

I like the new OP, even if the remix of Moonlight Densetsu is kinda blegh. Otherwise this was a fairly standard opener, what with PREMONITIONS and reused footage from R.
I predict Usagi will be without an upgrade for exactly one episode!

By the way, do the R1 DVDs just not feature any of the next episode previews? I've got used to Toei spoiling everything.

When I first saw the title I thought of Super Super as well. I imagine quite a few people probably at least thought of it. It could stand for both of those plus Sailor Moon
Studying
. Haha.

I think I actually like the version of Moonlight Densetsu by Moon Lips better than DALI actually.

I thought it was actually pretty neat during Rei's premonition that
you hear this strange sound combined with her vision and it just adds to the disturbing atmosphere only for her to wake up and it's Usagi snoring. That sound transition from one situation to the next was really effective I thought.

I also felt bad for Rei this episode. :(
She's my favorite along with Minako and this first episode felt like what's usually reserved for later with the whole "Things are getting real" and how much more serious and darker in tone in presents itself right off the bat compared to what had happened in the series so far. While still maybe having a more serious atmosphere overall compared to the first two series parts it did seem to mellow out a bit and not be as serious as the first episode maybe initially made it seem like it would.

Oh yeah...

The second s in "SuperS" is just stylized. When referenced verbally the cast says "Supers" (as in just the plural) and above the english text on logo is "suupaazu" in katakana.

Looks kind of like the English "Spaz". Sailor Moon Super Spaz! Haha.

Jintor

That's just animeGAF being animegaf. Maou seems to not give two shits about any of that crap.

For instance, me and mac are discussing Emi's rather craptacular role in Episode 5 but there's still a huge amount of funny moments even in the midst of action sequences, revelations about the other world etc

CorvoSol

Lelouch is a slimy piece of shit through and through.

Yeah, his redeeming qualities more or less died out here. I can't really see how people could claim he's the show's hero.

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 10

So this episode, after Wraith, Tessa, Closeau, Mao, and Leonard have had their go at Sousuke (am I forgetting anyone?) AL takes a shot at his character, pointing out that Sousuke's oft repeated mantra that the ARX-7 is a defective weapon is entirely true . . . because Sousuke is a component of the failure. This scene is also AL's introduction, more or less, and while AL is a lot gentler than others, he still points out that Sousuke's problem isn't that he cannot use the Lambda Driver, its that he won't.

We also see in this episode how Sousuke is coping without Kaname. Forget what I said about how Kaname was doing, because comparatively, she's doing great. She took initiative and set out to find things out and survive. Sousuke, on the other hand, has become walking dead, having resigned himself to his fate. He lends credence to the things said about him in this episode by, for once, doing something purely out of malice and spite. It's a small thing,
him grunting in disgust just as he passes Tessa
, but for Sousuke to do it, with no reason behind his actions other than to hurt, it's a big deal. The episode ends with Closeau's prediction becoming half right. Sousuke, shell-shocked during a mission in Hong Kong, takes some misplaced advice from Mao and
deserts Mithril.

Articalys

Also, someone on Twitter asked Sentai "Will we get any news on a Girls und Panzer dub in the future?" and the response was:
@SentaiFilmworks said:
We'll have some very interesting GuP news @AnimeExpo in July, yes!
So keep an ear out for that in a couple months, I guess.

Also, CorvoSol, how many different series are you marathoning simultaneously?

Red Data Girl Episode 7 My First Time Getting Lost
tumblr_mmx5jooJhr1qbxqfpo1_500.png

People really thought much of the episode was dull or something? I thought this was one of the best ones yet, the starting portion continuing off from last episode felt fast paced, intense, and kind of stylish with the half shadow thing going on and Naruto-esque kunai action there, then the Manatsu/Miyuki moments were amazing, hanging on and following each other, playing with each other and what not, wow, way pleasing.

Sad for Manatsu for Tabi, I started tearing up as he detailed his story and philosophy and plans to run away, if he permanently stays in that dimension with Masumi :(

fertygo

Yeah, his redeeming qualities more or less died out here. I can't really see how people could claim he's the show's hero.

He's hero because he show all of that to us, the true hero.

Btw he does feel bad to Euphy, but deep down I think its true he don't want the rebellion to end just like that.

Articalys

Oh. I thought that said Crunchyroll. My bad.
It did, briefly, because I'm usually quoting Crunchyroll tweets like that and my brain was working on autopilot. My apologies.
Doesnt Sentai still need to get whatever ova there is? and movie?
I'm sure they'll license them eventually, but since they're both still a ways off, I don't think the international rights will have even been optioned by AX time though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
--Sailor Moon R Movie Ending Spoilers!--

Also,
I wonder why the girls didn't use Sailor Teleport to get off the meteoroid when that's how they got onto it in the first place.
For the same reason Hito doesn't like Gunbuster's ending.
drama > continuity

I'd say he

You need to watch Episode 23 ASAP. You're covering all the right points here.

As much as I'd like to defend what's essentially one of my favourite anime characters, you raise a lot of good points. You could say that Lelouch is lying to himself as much as he is to the world. The shock of the whole situation was something that he didn't expect. This is what gives him a realistic human personality. Maybe Lelouch was planning something even after he "accepted" Euphemia's proposal. But he never planned something of that magnitude, but it still fit nicely into his plans. The shock of it all scared him, and as a result his mind's initial thoughts deny it with the whole sense of righteousness and "I didn't mean to."

You could describe his character as a demon trying to break through the shell of a normal teenager.

cjkeats

Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt: Episode 1
What in the holy hell was that.
That was amazing. I think.
I watched it twice, subbed and dubbed. I don't know which was better. Stocking sounds familiar in JP.

Just...I...good god. This show. What.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom