• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardcaptor Sakura 22

Ultimately a touching episode involving Sakura and her dad, but the fact that
Sakura could have used the Time card (that line about her using every card had to have been bullshit) to fix her dad's computer
really irked the hell out of me. I think some clow cards require just a bit more depth than others if stuff like this is going to happen.

You have to understand the manga only had 19 cards iirc the anime expanded it to 52 which might explain your frustration. I haven't read or watched ccs in a long time though my sister owns the whole series might have to make a visit and marathon it.

CorvoSol

He's hero because he show all of that to us, the true hero.

Btw he does feel bad to Euphy, but deep down I think its true he don't want the rebellion to end just like that.

I don't deny that part of him feels bad, I just think it isn't a significant part. Lelouch doesn't love anyone is what has been made apparent. He loves himself, and is obsessed with his plan for revenge against the Quaker Oats Man for daring to propose a healthier breakfast than Pizza Hut.

You need to watch Episode 23 ASAP. You're covering all the right points here.

As much as I'd like to defend what's essentially one of my favourite anime characters, you raise a lot of good points. You could say that Lelouch is lying to himself as much as he is to the world. The shock of the whole situation was something that he didn't expect. This is what gives him a realistic human personality. Maybe Lelouch was planning something even after he "accepted" Euphemia's proposal. But he never planned something of that magnitude, but it still fit nicely into his plans. The shock of it all scared him, and as a result his mind's initial thoughts deny it with the whole sense of righteousness and "I didn't mean to."

You could describe his character as a demon trying to break through the shell of a normal teenager.

I actually did watch Episode 23, which is why I'm saying all of this. I don't deny that Lelouch had not planned for events to happen in exactly the way they did, but everything still went exactly as he wanted it to, which is the point. It doesn't matter that he
killed Euphemia
, because he had planned on doing that, and ruining her public reputation all along. And since he had every opportunity to prevent these things from happening and stood by and let them happen all the same, because it was what he wanted and because it was convenient to his plan, it isn't unfair to suggest he did not love her at all.

I'm not saying Lelouch is a bad character. He's a bad hero and a terrible human being, but he's shaping up to be an entertaining villain. I believe Dtard jizzing himself in the pants over the entire spectacle would best define what Lelouch has become: a spectacle.

Slayers 9

So Lina is ready for the Disc 1 Final Boss, and her party is Goury, a Hero/Warrior, Rodimus, also some kind of Warrior, Zelgadis, the Shaman/Mystic Knight and Zolf, a no longer peeved wizard. Their foe is only like, the Dark Lord of all Monsters hell bent on destroying the world. She should be fine. I mean heck, the dungeon didn't even have any random encounters in it.

You have to understand the manga only had 19 cards iirc the anime expanded it to 52 which might explain your frustration. I haven't read or watched ccs in a long time though my sister owns the whole series might have to make a visit and marathon it.

Probably explains why it's so short.

EDIT: Nice to see opinions on Lelouch being a terrible person.

CorvoSol

Probably explains why it's so short.

EDIT: Nice to see opinions on Lelouch being a terrible person.

I don't see how anyone who
murders someone as kind as Euphemia after more or less intentionally destroying everything she stood for and all the good she was trying to do
could be seen as anything other than terrible.

They certainly expanded the hell out of it then, I've read the first three volumes via omnibus and there's only a few chapters that I've seen adapted and various stuff hasn't happened (yet?).

murders someone as kind as Euphemia after more or less intentionally destroying everything she stood for and all the good she was trying to do

Well if they were young of age maybe.

EDIT: CCS related, in that regards, I also recall the manga showing more on how everyone was a bunch of sexual deviants.

I actually did watch Episode 23

Ugh, how fast this thread goes.

I was under the impression that you didn't watch it yet because you didn't mention in your post that I quoted on
how Lelouch basically admits to himself in that episode that destruction is what he wanted from the very beginning.

Nafe

For the same reason Hito doesn't like Gunbuster's ending.
drama > continuity

I actually haven't seen Gunbuster yet but that seems like it. The girls even encounter pretty much the exact same situation in the show itself in an episode that aired before the movie was released!
Rubeus's spaceship is crashing to Earth and they'll either get burnt up or crushed so they use Sailor Teleport to escape and get safely back to Earth.

Honestly
by accidentally brain washing her into a Japanese hating whack job the only thing he could do for her was kill her. Considering how much she tried to fight the geass influence and how much it made her suffer what other choice did he have. I do like the speculation that lelouch subconscious made the power activate because he wanted to continue the fight and win on his terms

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt: Episode 1
What in the holy hell was that.
That was amazing. I think.
I watched it twice, subbed and dubbed. I don't know which was better. Stocking sounds familiar in JP.

Just...I...good god. This show. What.
Mariya Ise voices Stocking in the Japanese dub. She's Nakamura in Aku No Hana. :p
I actually haven't seen Gunbuster yet
Watch it.

EDIT: CCS related, in that regards, I also recall the manga showing more on how everyone was a bunch of sexual deviants.

I remember the
teacher giving a ring to one of Sakura's friends pretty early in the manga, whereas the anime so far has only sort of hinted at such lewdness

Also I'm no CLAMP expert, but I'm sure everyone in their works is a sexual deviant.

cajunator

Banned
Sentai has it.

Sentai's already licensed it.

This makes me quite happy. Somehow I overlooked that it got licensed already.
I see it was announced mid April, when I was busy as fuck so that's probably why.
The show has its silly slapstick moments, but it also delves into some character issues and things on a bit more serious level. The guy isn't a stupid moron. He feels like a real person.

I remember the
teacher giving a ring to one of Sakura's friends pretty early in the manga, whereas the anime so far has only sort of hinted at such lewdness

Also I'm no CLAMP expert, but I'm sure everyone in their works is a sexual deviant.

I KNEW IT! I mean the only one they were really explicit about was Sakura's parents as far as I'm aware.

They certainly expanded the hell out of it then, I've read the first three volumes via omnibus and there's only a few chapters that I've seen adapted and various stuff hasn't happened (yet?).

Unlike the anime where Sakura gets some cards off screen or multiple in one episode the manga every card gets its own chapter iirc. Honestly though the ccs anime is different enough you really can't compare it to the manga outside of similar starting and ending grounds ala Trigun.

cjkeats

Mariya Ise voices Stocking in the Japanese dub. She's Nakamura in Aku No Hana. :p

Watch it.
Haven't seen that, so it's not there. I'm going through her credits and nothing is jumping out.
I'm sure it'll come to me.

Agreed. And acting! Probably helped because the animation seems really... well, western in style. Or more to the point it's like an even more demented cousin to Invader Zim
I got that vibe right from the start. Probably because it opened in a little green thing.

Tenumi

Banned
Future Diary: 17

This series... Man, this series...
Start things off with rape, add in a speech about true love, add some Diary owner deaths, and a man murdering his ex-wife
, and you get a truly, truly messed up show.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I watched it twice, subbed and dubbed. I don't know which was better. Stocking sounds familiar in JP.

It's better subbed, if you actually need to be told.

Just checked the latest preview for Photo Kano and apparently they're doing 1 episode per girl after all (Sanehara this week, Aki next).

I'm honestly disappointed though, since I wouldn't have minded if some of them were left out in favor of the remaining girls having 2 episodes to themselves like Niimi.

Narag

Not on the list. Maybe after I watch Akibaranger!

Watch it instead of Melody of Oblivion.

ibi4Nnhk3EwXHn.gif

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 11

Why didn't Homura just tell Madoka that because she is such a powerful magical girl, she'll destroy the world when she inevitably becomes a witch, and that its either lots of people die now, or everybody dies soon?

I could've sworn they addressed this with
a scene where she tried to but just came off as crazy but I may be misremembering. Also current timeline Homura always came off to me as a character who'd rather deal with it herself than work with everyone and explain everything either because of how that has backfired before or she just wants to keep emotional distance after so much heartbreak. Her original plan was to prevent Kyubey from ever meeting Madoka and her current plan was to stop Walpurgisnacht herself, the less involved Madoka is the better. Again, I could be totally forgetting what the situation really is after so long.

Honestly...I think you guys overhyped that episode. Don't get me wrong; it was a great episode, but I didn't particularly see what was so "mindfuck" about it. There were revelations, but nothing that I would classify as a mindfuck.

Maybe it wasn't the same without then impending months of having to wait to see the ending.

People just like to throw around words like mindfuck and epic so it's always a good policy to take it with a grain of salt. I sometimes wonder if the people throwing mindfuck around have ever seen a David Lynch movie. Hell even the wait between episodes was overblown.

I like how people keep saying 'wait three months' even thought it was less than half that. It's a great example of hyperbole in action. It was just a little over a month between Episode 10 and the final two episodes.

Engrish cursing is way more entertaining so I say go for the sub.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 092
mfw Ikuhara does a Sailor Moon episode.

That was everything I could expect from Ikuhara, plus a surprising amount of CAR CHASING. The symbolism is not lost on me. Eat your heart out, Utena!

So I assume the Sailor uniforms come with perception filters or something because there's no way Usagi and Minako shouldn't have realised the identities of Uranus and Neptune. Then again, they couldn't tell that Haruka was a girl, so...
Speaking of Usagi and Minako, there's a clear bias for Sailor Venus. Her episodes just seem to be better animated in general than that of the other Sailors.
Gotta love the PSA. lol

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 57 – Defeat Pegasus! Eden, the Solitary Soldier!
tumblr_mmx8h5jomJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This second year is starting to feel not good. Subaru and Koga are still the best parts and combined with the music, probably the one that keeps me hooked. Each episode now, Ive just being just unable to get into it or even care about Pallesites and whatever their involved with with their random Pallesite of the week set up. Nice action it has when it comes but the exposition and everything leading up to it is just dull (well theres nice moments when its Kouga and Subaru, and another Saint). It just feels like it lost that special touch from the first half that made it a 9/10 show and now its just become a standard 7/10 one for me :( And Pallesite designs feel uninspired and boring.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'd like to. I'm watching a few shows right now but since it's only about six episodes maybe I'll try and watch it soon.
I have a hunch that Diebuster is totally the type of show you would love, but you can't skip Gunbuster! That's heresy.
I don't see Akibaranger on that list either.
Although I still recommend watching it as it's pretty entertaining I think.
I don't watch much tokusatsu is what I'm saying. And by much I mean none.
Watch it instead of Melody of Oblivion.
GAINAX failures are sort of a guilty pleasure. I have to.

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 57 – Defeat Pegasus! Eden, the Solitary Soldier!
tumblr_mmx8h5jomJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This second year is starting to feel not good. Subaru and Koga are still the best parts and combined with the music, probably the one that keeps me hooked. Each episode now, Ive just being just unable to get into it or even care about Pallesites and whatever their involved with with their random Pallesite of the week set up. Nice action it has when it comes but the exposition and everything leading up to it is just dull (well theres nice moments when its Kouga and Subaru, and another Saint). It just feels like it lost that special touch from the first half that made it a 9/10 show and now its just become a standard 7/10 one for me :( And Pallesite designs feel uninspired and boring.

What? The first year was crap. This show has become a bit better. At least until Eden showed his face again and ruined the pacing.

I do agree that the Pallesite's design is pretty crappy but thats because Mooks have been appearing left and right for the last few upgrade episodes.

Defuser

Hataraku Maou-Sama! ep 7

New girl seems like waifu material with the kimono, formal speech and manners not to mention cooking skills. Damn, makes me wanna switch teams.

mAcOdIn

That's just animeGAF being animegaf. Maou seems to not give two shits about any of that crap.

For instance, me and mac are discussing Emi's rather craptacular role in Episode 5 but there's still a huge amount of funny moments even in the midst of action sequences, revelations about the other world etc
Also, I think it was an obvious harem from the start too, though I don't think Maou's going to treat it that way. The line between amassing a loyal force of demons and earning the title of overlord doesn't seem all that different to what he's doing now. That said, where are, were, the female demons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom