• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi 6

Liars ahoy

2V1pn.jpg
2V20f.jpg
2V1Ra.jpg
2V22D.jpg

Doremi continues to get the shit end of roles. I'm rather confused at how people literally just let her keep lying, then again there's a dude in CCS that also lies a lot (but he has friends). I guess the extent of her lies tells me she wants to be an author or actor at some point in her life? Oh well, Aiko continues to reign terror in everyone that is around her. Don't fuck with Kansai people!

By the way, don't tell lies. That's how you can't get people to sleep with you.

That moment during a 5th grade class when the kids and new teacher discover you have a pretty good singing voice, and the second half of the lesson becomes a mini-concert.

I'm so tired right now. OTL

Nafe

I have a hunch that Diebuster is totally the type of show you would love, but you can't skip Gunbuster! That's heresy.

Watch me hate it now, haha. I can be a Nonoriri or something.
I have no plans to skip Gunbuster, no.

I don't watch much tokusatsu is what I'm saying. And by much I mean none.

Same here for the most part as I'm just starting to get into it a little. I think Akibaranger was maybe the first one I watched. I just watched PGSM within the last year and this time last year I didn't even really know what Kamen Rider was. I've since been following the currently airing Kamen Rider Wizard though. I've also now been following the current sentai series Kyoryuger. Summoning dinosaurs with samba! They really do just look like giant toys moving around awkwardly though...

Defuser

Valvrave ep 6

I knew she is a batshit insane troll! Mech fights is great as usual but man this whole episode is cringeworthy.

RIP Moses

Shoko still proving why she is best girl that even Rukino is afraid to admit it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Night Raid 1931 - 7

wtf is this? Enough history shit. The main cast doesn't even show up in this? So fucking boring, bring the main crew back, what the hell. The only good thing in this episode is we learn more about Aoi's mystery girl, but fuck this was boring. Why is this an episode?

Night Raid 1931 - 8

Good to have the main group back, fuck. Oh yeah and
Isao has nukes in 1931, oh shit! or does he? ah yeah this much better
Good to see Aoi follow his heart
and go after his mystery girl (Shizune) who is some Prophetess controlling Japan from the shadows? I guess she's supposed to be dead, but now we know she's not
. Go get get her!

Oh and a blushing Yukina isn't bad either.

0o8Ycei.jpg

be still my heart.

Nafe

Speaking of Kamen Rider Wizard and Ponies, it's funny how you can be looking up one thing on the internet and get results for something totally different. I just wanted to check some quick thing in regards to Wizard and for whatever reason Google was giving me something called Equestria Girls as far as a related search. I had never heard of it but the characters reminded me of My Little Pony.

Looking it up, apparently Equestria Girls is an official MLP spin off where the ponies go through some magic mirror and now have the appearance of teenage girls. (I don't think they actually are supposed to be human but just look human?) They then interact or have adventures in a junior or high school setting.

This is a real thing that exists or will exist anyway. Apparently there's a movie coming out in June I guess to introduce the idea and then a TV show will start airing sometime in the fall.

Equestria_Girls_February_10_2013_character_models_and_background_cropped.jpg

Their faces just look kind of weird to me.

Valvrave ep 6

I knew she is a batshit insane troll! Mech fights is great as usual but man this whole episode is cringeworthy.

RIP Moses

Shoko still proving why she is best girl that even Rukino is afraid to admit it.

The design of her mech doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me,
giving probably the most agile mech guided chakrams just doesn't seem right, you'd think they'd equip it with a better melee weapon since it can close the distance quite easily
. I'm totally ok with Saki being crazy, I'm just glad Shoko didn't do anything asinine this time around to get others to listen to her

OceanBlue

Gargantia 6

I think you guys mentioned Yamauchi having noticeable trademarks such as those weird closeups. They were definitely offputting and kinda uncomfortable at times for me. I wonder if closeups create a sort of tension or effect that I can't verbalize.

Other than that, I'd have to say that the episode felt really weird in general. I didn't care about the fanservice, but I felt really confused trying to figure out what the scene was trying to do. The frequent cuts from Pinion and Bellows arguing (closeups and all) to the dancing were strange because so much was going on visually and audibly. It felt like the scene was trying to build up tension until the octopus reveal, but it wasn't anything that merited that sort of buildup and I was left wondering if Ledo was supposed to feel overwhelmed by everything or if the director just wanted to make the octopus more impactful.

I kinda thought the episode had a lot of things that I wasn't sure I felt comfortable with, but that was probably the biggest one. There were other things like the quick cut to the salvaging trip. I dunno. I'm sure you guys can tell from my diction that I'm kinda just confused on this episode. I have a headache too, so maybe that has a part in it. :(

Well, for those who aren't fans of the slow, slice-of-life pacing that this show has had, it introduces a big change to the status quo this episode. What I'm personally more interested in is
how Amy's brother (whose name I can't remember) brings up the mysteries of the old world and ties it to salvaging before Ledo leaves to salvage. Maybe the Hideauze are tied into that mystery, but I'm more interested in whatever revelations this show has for the people who left for space and the people left on Earth.

Lol, maybe the people of Earth deal with the Hideauze all of the time. Maybe they know how to handle them.

Edit: Ah, Dresden basically answered my questions for the carnival scene in the Gargantia OT.

Now this is pandering to the internet audience.

People keep saying that, but really this is Hasbro trying to appeal to preteen/teenage girls more than anyone. If they were actually trying to hook into "that" audience, the designs would be more anthropomorphic. As it is, they're just normal humans with funny skin and hair colors.

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 183-195

I said the Luffy/Eneru fight would last at least three episodes. Guess I was way off.....sort of? He was more formidable against Luffy than I had thought. Good thing the giant golden ball he used to hinder Luffy's initial performance would ultimately do him in. Dude nearly fucked up everything (goodbye Angel Island). But even after defeat, Eneru still seeks Eternal Vearth. I don't think he'll find it on the Moon :p

Seeing the backstory of Noland and Kalgara was a nice touch. The City of Gold looked amazing, as well as the golden bell. Noland the Explorer finally vindicated.

Skypiea was a fun and exciting arc but it's time to return to the Grand Line....and escape from sight of a bunch of Marines. Good luck, guys.

JCG

Let's review why what happens in the last two episodes are exactly what he wanted:
First, Nunally asks, "You love her (Euphemia), too, don't you?" and he says "I did." Lelouch is FURIOUS about the fact that Euphemia's special zone has in one fell swoop destroyed his rebellion. He brings a weapon to their meeting, and orders her to use the gun to shoot him in front of everyone. That's right, Lelouch had planned, going into that meeting, for exactly what did happen: Euphemia to fire a gun, defame herself, and send all the PR back to his own movement. He wanted what happened to happen. The only reason she didn't do it, was because his Geass was going through puberty. Then, still talking about it, his Geass finds a way to accomplish what he wants just the same. Euphemia goes out, fires a gun, and destroys the special zone, her cred, and ignites the flame of Lelouch's own movement. He then kills her to cover his tracks, realizing how sloppy he's been, and claims, perhaps more for his own benefit than C2's, that using all of this to their benefit is the least he can do for her.

I'm not saying Lelouch is a bad character. He's a bad hero and a terrible human being, but he's shaping up to be an entertaining villain. I believe Dtard jizzing himself in the pants over the entire spectacle would best define what Lelouch has become: a spectacle.

That's a good way to put it...especially when you realize that Zero is, in fact a masked figure that Lelouch uses to produce spectacles (or miracles, as he also calls them), whether they can be considered good or bad in terms of morality.

While I admit that I didn't despise Lelouch as much as you did, I've also never fooled myself into thinking of him as a truly morally good person either. Nor does Lelouch think of himself as someone who doesn't have a lot of guilt and blood on his own hands either. The issue is how different viewers look at the same question and, like I said before, there are those who would argue something else, for better or for worse, especially if they also happen to think that exceptional circumstances call for exceptional methods. When that's not the case, then he's obviously considered a villain.

In my opinion, Lelouch is the type of extremist who, despite having ostensibly good ideas in mind and moments of inner conflict, also has a lot of personal flaws and is painfully stubborn about the road he's walking on. I'd absolutely hate dealing with someone like him in real life but, in context, I find Lelouch interesting as a fictional character.

Syrinx

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 12-End

I feel like I should be crying or something.

Well...at least I know where the yuri doujins are inspired.

I'm a little surprised I didn't see Madoka's wish coming. Kinda seems like an obvious choice in retrospect. Current rules don't allow for a good ending? Become a god and change the rules.

I think my favorite part was with Homura and Tatsuya. That was so sweet.

yami4ct

Majestic Prince - Episode 7

Yeah this episode is great. Probably my favorite out so far. Really nice developments on the Wulgaru world and their culture. Great backgrounds too. Nice colors and textures, and the art direction makes it feel really alien. The Wulgaru people seem to be somewhat based on ancient Greek mythology settings, and as expected the people are war-like, driven by instincts and pleasure, but also somewhat religious in terms of prophecies and signs. Pretty cool stuff.

It's really nice to see the GDF side develop more too, and the main characters finally settle into military life. With the introductions long over, it looks like the series is finally moving into interesting stuff. The next episode should be the first all out war episode. Should be great. Can't wait! :D

It's crazy how up and down this show is week to week for me. It alternates between bland and boring to super funny and interesting every other episode. It's part of why I started watching the show 2 episodes at a time instead of week to week. Glad this week's is great.

People keep saying that, but really this is Hasbro trying to appeal to preteen/teenage girls more than anyone. If they were actually trying to hook into "that" audience, the designs would be more anthropomorphic. As it is, they're just normal humans with funny skin and hair colors.

I rather plug my ears or something. Not that I mind this, it means I get to torture a friend because he lost a bet with more ponies.

I'm a little surprised I didn't see Madoka's wish coming. Kinda seems like an obvious choice in retrospect. Current rules don't allow for a good ending? Become a god and change the rules.

Well at least you understand the birth of Yuri Doujins.

Now you have the movies to look forward to!

I never actually watched the movies, what are they like?

cajunator

Banned
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 092

mfw Ikuhara does a Sailor Moon episode.

That was everything I could expect from Ikuhara, plus a surprising amount of CAR CHASING. The symbolism is not lost on me. Eat your heart out, Utena!

So I assume the Sailor uniforms come with perception filters or something because there's no way Usagi and Minako shouldn't have realised the identities of Uranus and Neptune. Then again, they couldn't tell that Haruka was a girl, so...
Speaking of Usagi and Minako, there's a clear bias for Sailor Venus. Her episodes just seem to be better animated in general than that of the other Sailors.

Gotta love the PSA. lol

Of course they would focus more on BEST SENSHI.

Speaking of Kamen Rider Wizard and Ponies, it's funny how you can be looking up one thing on the internet and get results for something totally different. I just wanted to check some quick thing in regards to Wizard and for whatever reason Google was giving me something called Equestria Girls as far as a related search. I had never heard of it but the characters reminded me of My Little Pony.

Looking it up, apparently Equestria Girls is an official MLP spin off where the ponies go through some magic mirror and now have the appearance of teenage girls. (I don't think they actually are supposed to be human but just look human?) They then interact or have adventures in a junior or high school setting.

This is a real thing that exists or will exist anyway. Apparently there's a movie coming out in June I guess to introduce the idea and then a TV show will start airing sometime in the fall.

This...what? I cant
This is real now?

Now the figurines make sense too. (you know which)

maousama 7

that convenience store cashier swag.

ok enough eps. Not sure about kimono girl but I'm sure she got a few sides of her to show later.

I do like how fights are animated in this show. Not super impressive visually, but it has a nice style and framing and sense of speed.

Fun stuff.

OceanBlue

Attack on Titan 6

Armin is so annoying. The girls are definitely better than the boys in this show, lol.

Decent flashback episode. Turns out Eren was nuts all along. I personally would've liked the flashback before episode 5 though. I'm still not a fan of how the show arranges its scenes.

JCG

It's crazy how up and down this show is week to week for me. It alternates between bland and boring to super funny and interesting every other episode. It's part of why I started watching the show 2 episodes at a time instead of week to week. Glad this week's is great.

That reminds me of the shameful fact I'm a couple of episodes behind on the show. I really wasn't disliking it at all, just got a little bored at one point.

Syrinx

Now the figurines make sense too. (you know which)
Uh...I'm not sure I do. Is this a reference to when I said
I thought it was funny that there were fiurinee and shit of Madoka even though she was barely one in the whole show? (Even then, she was in that costume in 10)
Or is it about me telling you to move your K-ON! figurines? Though I don't know why that would apply.

cajunator

Banned
OK episode 4 of Hentai neko is weird.
Massachusetts? And they went there? This episode was WUT.

Uh...I'm not sure I do. Is this a reference to when I said
I thought it was funny that there were fiurinee and shit of Madoka even though she was barely one in the whole show? (Even then, she was in that costume in 10)
Or is it about me telling you to move your K-ON! figurines? Though I don't know why that would apply.

Ultimate Madoka

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Valvrave 06:

I AM BATHING IN THE YOUTHFUL HUBRIS. oh fuck oh fuck give me more right now

Finally. I felt like the show was sorely lacking in IDOL CULTURE, but this episode remedied that glaring oversight. Saki is easily the best girl, in no small part because she enjoys body swapping. Please, please, please let there be more.

I feel like Figaro had more quality douchebaggery left in him, but seeing him get casually ganked out of the blue it was worth it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 092

mfw Ikuhara does a Sailor Moon episode.
Except now he's doing the series as a whole too, with no picking up midway and no movie to direct on the side.

Speaking of Usagi and Minako, there's a clear bias for Sailor Venus. Her episodes just seem to be better animated in general than that of the other Sailors.
Haruka sitting out to give a handicap in that race = Minako sitting out much of the first two seasons.

Brace yourself, S tier has arrived.

I actually haven't seen Gunbuster yet but that seems like it. The girls even encounter pretty much the exact same situation in the show itself in an episode that aired before the movie was released!
Rubeus's spaceship is crashing to Earth and they'll either get burnt up or crushed so they use Sailor Teleport to escape and get safely back to Earth.
A few things were stated in quick succession:

1. They were exhausted (or at least expected to be by Fiore)
2. The meteor was going to crash if not burn up on reentry killing them all, except...
3. The kisenian would then still fall to Earth in this case.
4. Everyone would be fucked even if they did bail.

Not the same situation.

Only Twilight Sparkle and Spike go through the mirror and then become human and dog respectively. All the rest are merely alternate universe versions, from what I understand. The trailer even shows a scene where Twilight tries to eat without use of limbs in front of Not-Fluttershy.

Totally crossing the streams, jumping the shark, and whatnot, but it's not like the regular show has much hope anyway so why not go out with gusto.

Branduil

Forget the ugliness, how the hell did they manage to make it look even cheaper than the original?

And it's supposed to be released in theatres?

The fuck?

Not like the target audience particularly cares about animation quality, so why spend extra money?

jgminto

Hataraku Maou-sama! - 07

I lost it at this moment .

So much laughter in there.

This episode delivered perfectly on all fronts !

Really? I actually thought it was the worst episode. Not a lot of Chiho and barely any Alsiel. Enjoyed the second half but Kimono girl was a bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom