• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
She's coming for you!

jpkd2-1m3sr0.gif

Good Pacuga.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 03:

Weaker than the first two, but whatever. I'm slightly disappointed that this is going to have some kind of overarching narrative including villains, but Coal really speaks to my love for incompetent villainy and so long as this doesn't come to dominate the show, I'll accept it. He'll be a delightfully toxic combination with Opal, at least.

I think I've neglected to mention that the Jewelpet world and the ensuing collectathon have the best origin story ever. Time immemorial before the creation of the world was just one big dance. Eat your heart out, Silmarillion.

ALRIGHT, got my pancakes and bacon for dinner, lets get started with...

Heartcatch Precure! Episode 44

Christmas is coming, and a wish from a little girl appears, for she wants to meet Pretty Cure. The little girl apparently is a Pretty Little Liar, sort of reminds me of my sister when she was younger (I hated that phase btw.) Clearly she's the victim of the week here, since she does it for attention. GreaTsubomi uses the power of understanding and promises her a visit from Pretty Cure.

MEANWHILE AT RENT A SANTA AVE, he wants a girlfriend, but is fine because he has Pretty Cure with him.

Funny, I have a Heartcatch Precure background for my Vita.

A bit surprised that the little girl wasn't the real victim, but Precure Loving Santa. Sunshine runs late and the battle apparently keeps Itsuki from making it on time. Upon arrival, they do well, but then get frozen/impaled. And so, CURE FLOWER! CUUUURE FLOWER BABY! CURE FLOWER wrecking shit and saving Cures. The day is saved

Pretty Little Liar admits the truth and said she only wanted friends. But they already considered her the friend. That's pretty cool. See, this is the embodiment of Christmas miracles, and it makes me happy to see kids enjoy such a spirit.

But then Dune shows up

Lets check the previews.

......Where's a It keeps getting realer gif or something of that ilk when you need one.

On a scale of 1-10 on how hyped I am for the next 5 episodes I would rank it
NtY8Jqp.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://abload.de/img/jpkd2-1m3sr0.gif

Good Pacuga.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 03:

Weaker than the first two, but whatever. I'm slightly disappointed that this is going to have some kind of overarching narrative including villains, but Coal really speaks to my love for incompetent villainy and so long as this doesn't come to dominate the show, I'll accept it. He'll be a delightfully toxic combination with Opal, at least.

I think I've neglected to mention that the Jewelpet world and the ensuing collectathon have the best origin story ever. Time immemorial before the creation of the world was just one big dance. Eat your heart out, Silmarillion.

I have no idea what this show is, but it looks a billion times better than Dokidoki Precure.

Syrinx is gonna get spoiled if he doesn't get off his arse and finish Heartcatch soon.

Well I'm not finishing tonight unless I get sucked up in what's going on to the point of finishing. On the bright side, since everything is plot related, I'm refraining from images and spoiler texting everything unless he has... highlighting issues. In fact, he should refrain from attempting to quote my comments.

mAcOdIn

That whole scene really revealed so much about Emi's character, and the amazing part is that it's basically drowned out in the background. We have Emi, who unlike Maou and Alsiel, ended up in Japan alone, and has been alone for some time. She shows up at their door after the initial confrontation/police station bit, and initially is threatening like her old persona. After Alsiel locks the door, he and Maou continue to talk about the situation in the foreground, and is clearly what the audience is supposed to be paying attention to while Emi yells in the background. As they continue to ignore her, her threats slowly become desperate pleas, and eventually she breaks down crying, all drowned out in the background instead of being pushed into the foreground. In this little bit that's on the surface being played for laughs, we're completely filled in about her character and how she's so completely lonely that she can't bare to be shut out of the one connection she has to her old world. After so much time being alone in a strange land, she's finally found a connection, and she's not going to lose it, even if it's her mortal enemy.
I got a couple of problems with this.

1st. Emi sucks. Now that we have that out of the way we can move on.

2nd. Emi's not "alone." Ok, so she's separated from her homeland and people who know her but she's already got a friend at work. It's not like Castaway where all she has is a damn soccer ball for company.

3rd. Some will eventually bring up the "in her world she was a hero here she answers phones" crap. Screw you! That's like simultaneously crapping on every single human being who's not a "hero" in this world. That's like shitting on me.

4th. Emi was not thrust into this situation but went of her own accord. Therefore whether she can handle her situation or not is her fault, if she can't handle being a fish out of water she maybe shouldn't have rushed through some dimensional gate, no?

5th. She never lost her purpose, she can kill the demon lord at any time, she let several opportunities pass of her own accord. Her success or failure as the hero title she clings to still depends on her actions, she could have remained the hero of Enta Isle and taken out Maou and her being lost in another world doesn't eradicate how she'd be known back home.

6th. Unless decades have past I think she's given up hope too fast, her side all but won the war back home, why does she have no faith in her comrades to come get her, why does she not do any research to try and find a way to open a gate?

Team Chiho rules.

Nafe

Well damn, when was that changed? :lol

Avatars have been 100 x 120 pixels since I was accepted as a member last July and I'm pretty sure before that when I was reading the FAQ section of the forum, so probably about for at least a year or so now haha.

DTL being as hypocritical as the otaku who denounce KyoAni for selling out to the fujoshi? No way!

I haven't been paying attention to how other forums or blogs or whatever are reacting to the show but do they also dislike pretty much every other shows designs that are male or based around males? He does that kind of thing all the time here with pretty much every shows female designs or being based around females and it's just one in a long list of hypocrisies about pretty much everything really, so I just felt like quickly remarking on this one this time was all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I saw you first at your place of work.
Your earnestness, twin tails and heaving bosom
Captured my heart, thus I gave you my love.
I rooted for you, though I knew that chance
Would favor the other girl, that vile temptress,
Base pandering tsundere. Yet I had hope.

When your eyes fell on the king, your hope
Was as mine. Even though romance at work
Is a dangerous game, like a temptress,
luring you with glimpses of flesh and bosom,
You forged ahead, wagering on chance.
There is nothing more pure than a girl in love.

And when you gave freely of your love
I thought to myself: "This is hope"
Something so rare that there was chance
For true love to prevail, that things will work.
That feeling was held tight against my bosom,
Even though it was a temptress.

I dreaded the day when the temptress,
Would ruin your quest for love
And rip your heart from your bosom
And mine as well, cast them down along with hope.
I wish I knew then that this couldn't work.
Only a fool trusts in chance.

Then came your first-and last-chance
To gain his heart before the temptress
Could unleash her wiles, her dark work
To overthrow justice and steal his love.
Is it a pointless endeavor to hope?
I'm done with love; a dagger in my bosom.

The green patchwork covering your bosom,
your ribbons and boots all spoke of chance,
For a moment I was filled with hope
That you would triump over fate, the temptress,
That the king would return your love
That, at the end, everything would work.

But there was no hope, not against that temptress
A shattered bosom is all you can expect from chance.
I'm sorry my love, I thought it would work.

There once was a man named Haly
Obsessed with a girl so sadly
Why he could choose so wrong
And write such a long song
Baffles the mind so madly

That's probably because it is.
RIP Toei.

Good Pacuga.

I was surprised to see that effect animation in a show like this.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 03:

What I liked best about Coal's introduction episode is the delightful way it took advantage of having fake iPods around with the
"trial app"
gag. Also I'm kind of fond of his stock magic animation.

And yes, Opal is so far unquestionably the star of the villain trio. You'll see when you get to episode 5.

PqW3KBf.jpg

I have no idea what this show is, but it looks a billion times better than Dokidoki Precure.

Yes, get on the Jewelpet train!

Articalys

Still working on those results.

Have another (informative) preview from the general feedback section, with a look back into NeoGAF's ancestor's past.
As per Nafe's history of AnimeGAF, clearly he/she hasn't looked through things like the Wayback Machine, where in 2001 there was an Animu forum just for us. (Somebody has earlier, come on - and I don't think I found anything on goodcow)
http://web.archive.org/web/20010405045544/http://boards.gaming-age.com/board.asp?brd=5327
(Fine, it was pretty dead then)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What I liked best about Coal's introduction episode is the delightful way it took advantage of having fake iPods around with the
"trial app"
gag. Also I'm kind of fond of his stock magic animation.

And yes, Opal is so far unquestionably the star of the villain trio. You'll see when you get to episode 5.

The
trial app
gag was definitely the highlight of the episode. There had better be more references to how the Jewel...whatevers are shameless iPhone ripoffs in future episodes.

Have another (informative) preview from the general feedback section, with a look back into NeoGAF's ancestor's past.

Seeing a young Hitokage use the ^_^;; face is just precious.

Heartcatch Precure Episode 45

Dune don't give a fuck, decked everyone with one attack each. Almost everyone dies, but the people that were saved throughout the series became relevant as they were the last remaining hope to save the Earth from its sandy prison. Oh yeah, Grandma was kidnapped. TO THE BASE.

Holy shit all of that was great, it's like suddenly, it has become harder to hold off on the last 4 episodes. I am trying to think of what was wasted throughout this series, but I can't come up with anything right now, and I don't want to right now.

The decision of continuing now and going on tomorrow is frustrating right now.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpods. They're not exactly trying to hide it!

:lol It went totally over my head, probably because I already have about a thousand different varieties of plastic shit catalogued in my brain and just completely blank out now if they're not memorable.

Is it just me, or are there more anime fan celebrities than ever? Wonder if we'll ever get an anime fan president.

You typically have to be highly well-adjusted/extroverted, disinterested in the pursuit of hobbies, and relatively eccentricity-free (read: rich and boring) to be a politician, so put me down for "never". We'll be lucky to have a president in our lifetimes who doesn't freely associate gaming with sloth or violent depravity, much less like actual nerd things.

Nafe

No, I never did look there. That's pretty neat. Some people such as Hitokage and FnordChan really have been around for awhile.

You typically have to be highly well-adjusted/extroverted, disinterested in the pursuit of hobbies, and relatively eccentricity-free (read: rich and boring) to be a politician, so put me down for "never". We'll be lucky to have a president in our lifetimes who doesn't freely associate gaming with sloth or violent depravity, much less like actual nerd things.

I don't know, that pic of Obama with a lightsaber makes him seem pretty eccentric by politician standards.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I heard Michael Phelps is going to walk around in it wearing an American flag and 500 gold medals.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't know, that pic of Obama with a lightsaber makes him seem pretty eccentric by politician standards.

I had to look up what you were talking about, and it looks like it was just used as an impromptu fencing prop during an event promoting Chicago's failed Olympic bid. Of course, I have no way to divine Obama's nerd power level with virtually no information on the subject.

Branduil

I had to look up what you were talking about, and it looks like it was just used as an impromptu fencing prop during an event promoting Chicago's failed Olympic bid. Of course, I have no way to divine Obama's nerd power level with virtually no information on the subject.

Just use a jedi mind meld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom