• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highschool of the Dead 5 (via NeonAlley)

One of the characters (black striped suit) sounds like Shoma in Mawaru Penguindrum, which was kind of odd considering the character differences. I guess Im always just half and half on liking the episode. I dont know why the dub has to say douchebag so much as its odd and feels kind of dated in 2013...and then the random panty shot in the action scene, combined with yellows bewbies being so huge (litrally the size of pink's head) was just baffling. The anime always has such good potential with its premise and action but just decides to throw it all away and trample on it every change it gets :( Bike scene was way cool and the dude on the bridge too.

Thoraxes

Happy soon Birthday cajun-sama~

pFmXEvW.gif

Quasar

The Devil is a Part-Timer! 7/ My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 6 - Romantic comedy style focused episodes. Fun though. For me anyway. Hang in there Chiho.

I'd love a 26 episode anime series that makes sense out of the nonsense that is the Blazblue story line

Actually the story line is quite good when you put everything into place :)
With correctly placed flashbacks , it might be doable in anime.

---------------
RAILGUN S2 - 07

This guy is :

-overpowered ?
-broken ?
-awesome when he is a bad guy ?
-enjoying killing people ?
-going to kick your ass when he tries.
-
going to lose when the most broken character of that universe will stand in his way
- much better with wings

cajunator

Banned

---------------
RAILGUN S2 - 07

This guy is :

-overpowered ?
-broken ?
-awesome when he is a bad guy ?
-enjoying killing people ?
-going to kick your ass when he tries.
-
going to lose when the most broken character of that universe will stand in his way
- much better with wings

This guy is....

spoiling the garden!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Futari wa Precure Splash Star 49 (END):

I'll have a summation of my thoughts on the show at some point, but for now, oh man oh man oh man this endgame was STRAIGHT-UP DBZ. I am still reeling from the unexpected amount of badass. This was easily the second-best Precure endgame behind Heartcatch. Damned strong ending with more sakuga in the final few episodes than the entirety of the series up to that point. Here's basically the only thing I could gif that isn't a spoiler:

pcss43-107kkk.gif

Splash Star > Futari wa. I'll explain why eventually.

I'll have a summation of my thoughts on the show at some point, but for now, oh man oh man oh man this endgame was STRAIGHT-UP DBZ. I am still reeling from the unexpected amount of badass. This was easily the second-best Precure endgame behind Heartcatch. Damned strong ending with more sakuga in the final few episodes than the entirety of the series up to that point. Here's basically the only thing I could gif that isn't a spoiler:

pcss43-107kkk.gif

It fixes everything that was wrong with the first two and it is a crime that it is practically thrown under the bus by both the fanbase and Toei.

That's it in a nutshell.

cajunator

Banned

pcss43-107kkk.gif

Well Ive heard that SplashStar is pretty good but is it more fun than the original show?

pcss43-107kkk.gif

I TOLD YOU ALL

But you all refused to believe !
Untill heartcatch came, this ending was unmatched.
Unmatched

I only played through the original games story mode, tried reading the summary of the later games and I got lost, probably be easier to play it to understand what's going on.

Well Ive heard that SplashStar is pretty good but is it more fun than the original show?

Yes, it is currently my second favorite of the Precure franchise, only recently being dethroned by Heartcatch.

It exceeds the first series in many ways, and it needs more viewership and fans.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It fixes everything that was wrong with the first two and it is a crime that it is practically thrown under the bus by both the fanbase and Toei.

That's it in a nutshell.

Japan's five-year-old girls ca. 2006 had awful taste. I can't fucking believe that Max Heart is still an unparalleled sales success but this almost tanked the franchise. Fuck. Just fuck.

It's better for not-cute reasons, but I don't see any reason why you'd like it less than Futari wa.

I TOLD YOU ALL

But you all refused to believe !
Untill heartcatch came, this ending was unmatched.
Unmatched

Enjoy the vindication.

With this I just realized that I've now completed every Precure series for which there's a full English translation. 400 episodes. Good God.

Mature

Forgot to mention in here that I watched the first episode of RE Cutie Honey. It might be one of the most out of control things I've watched. What I could make out were gratuitous amounts of fanservice (or just straight up nudity) and some awesome action scenes. Will watch more.

cajunator

Banned
Japan's five-year-old girls ca. 2006 had awful taste. I can't fucking believe that Max Heart is still an unparalleled sales success but this almost tanked the franchise. Fuck. Just fuck.

It's better for not-cute reasons, but I don't see any reason why you'd like it less than Futari wa.

Enjoy the vindication.

With this I just realized that I've now completed every Precure series for which there's a full English translation. 400 episodes. Good God.

The art in Splashstar is sufficiently cute. I do like a slightly complex story in my Mahou shoujo these days. the old tired formula of MOTW gets so state so quickly.

I only played through the original games story mode, tried reading the summary of the later games and I got lost, probably be easier to play it to understand what's going on.

it's easy.
All the past events and all the first game events
are in a stable time loop lasting 100 years.

i actually was writing all the games timelines in one giant big post but decided to not post it ( not the right time and place) and there are better summaries floating around the net.
Bear in mind one thing:

All the events in calamity trigger are valid and actually happenned ( all of them )
Only the true end scenario matters .

Because of the thing spoilered above , some possibilities exist and both good guys ( rachel ) and bad guys ( relius clover, terumi ) are exploiting them for their own goals.

Now imagine my sorrow when i went from that finale to yes precure.

Now you understand how disapointed i was , right ?
It starts like futari wa and quickly becomes his own thing.
If you liked futari wa , you should watch it.
Enjoy the vindication.

Isn't everything full translated , now ?
BTW i'm in the same boat , Welcome to the club of those who have watched all precure :)

Ps: don't bother with the splash star movie it's very average to bad

cajunator

Banned

It starts like futari wa and quickly becomes his own thing.
If you liked futari wa , you should watch it.

BTW i'm in the same boat , Welcome to the club of those who have watched all precure :)

How did you make it through Max Heart? Even I am struggling to get through that.

How did you make it through Max Heart? Even I am struggling to get through that.

It's easy when it's only your second series and therefore don't have much of a solid standard for the franchise itself. Even I binged it pretty fast (granted I thought I nearly burnt out of the franchise from doing so).

Tenumi

Banned
Its still looking like my Precure schedules going to end up being:

Heartcatch (Done)
Smile (currently watching)
Splash Star
Suite
Fresh
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 (GoGo!)
Futari wa Pretty Cure

Maybe I'll do Max Heart as a bonus, or maybe I'll "forget" to watch it at that time.

I'm going to be Precure'd out by the end of the year...

But you know what I'm talking about right? It look just like that layout-wise.

and +1 purple.

Yeah it does resemble the second floor but that map had a pretty simple generic layout anyway. Unless there's C4 everywhere and jerks messing with the light switch it just isn't the same ya know?

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Have you seriously been following the franchise week to week for that long? Damn.

We're still missing the last fourth of GoGo.

And dude, I watched all of Max Heart for completionist reasons. I can handle yet another boring annual Toei audience exploitation movie :lol

You know, I ask myself that all the time, and I don't think that I'll ever have an answer. I can only presume that I entered a deep trance to protect my sanity whenever I watched an episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Railgun S 6-

This is the best episode JC Staff has done in a long long time, probably the best since Toradora. There is one scene in the middle that is so overly cheesy that it's a stain on the episode but good god, parts of this was really good.

cajunator

Banned
Have you seriously been following the franchise week to week for that long? Damn.

And dude, I watched all of Max Heart for completionist reasons. I can handle yet another boring annual Toei audience exploitation movie :lol

You know, I ask myself that all the time, and I don't think that I'll ever have an answer. I can only presume that I entered a deep trance to protect my sanity whenever I watched an episode.

You had that really precious upset Honoka avatar from it though.

At the time , i was impressed by some changes in the futari wa setting and i hoped to be surprised. i thought that shiny luminous was a waste of time .i honnestly don't know why i watched it all.
Seeing porun crying because of the pink mascot was a relief.

But it was hard at the end.

It's easy when it's only your second series and therefore don't have much of a solid standard for the franchise itself. Even I binged it pretty fast (granted I thought I nearly burnt out of the franchise from doing so).
i thought was done with precure when i finished max heart but i saw the leak for the new heroines and thought ..why not ?
then i was greeted by the first antagonist that reminded me of david bowee ( picard was it ? ) and then i was hooked again.

Yep. but sometimes i stop watching for a couple of weeks thank to IRL duties.
It was a pleasure to marathon the bad episodes of max heart and Yes ! thanks to that.

There wasn't any miracle "light" at the time( yet ) Unless i'm mistaken that one deals with a magical time labyrinth. and a forgettable antagonist.
Lol
*insert porun picture.

I spent this evening rewatching Usagi Drop with my mother. I'm so happy there's well-made wholesome family entertainment in the world of anime like this that I can pull out and not be worried about what she's going to say. I'm looking forward to showing her Wolf Children.

Also, I had forgotten how good the Usagi Drop soundtrack was.

At the time , i was impressed by some changes in the futari wa setting and i hoped to be surprised. i thought that shiny luminous was a waste of time .i honnestly don't know why i watched it all.
Seeing porun crying because of the pink mascot was a relief.

But it was hard at the end.

i thought was done with precure when i finished max heart but i saw the leak for the new heroines and thought ..why not ?
then i was greeted by the first antagonist that reminded me of david bowee ( picard was it ? ) and then i was hooked again.

It was a pleasure to marathon the bad episodes of max heart and Yes ! thanks to that.

There wasn't any miracle "light" at the time( yet ) Unless i'm mistaken that one deals with a magical time labyrinth. and a forgettable antagonist.

Lol
*insert porun picture.

I am having a serious deja vu right now. I don't know why. I really need to speed back up on Smile to end the franchise (until more GoGo comes out)

Syrinx

Mysterious Girlfriend X 1

Is it gonna turn out that this girl is like an alien or something? Cause I'm pretty sure that's not normal to have your spit become addictive if a guy's in love with you (dude, what the hell were you doing? Tasting the drool a girl left on her desk? Seriously?), and then having a flood of drool come out of your mouth when you get happy. That's gonna be some freaky sex they're going to have, what with the waterfall of drool that's going to come out.

Girl's good though. Neat bangs.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Karehaan was the first Splash Star antagonist. Pissard was from Futari wa.

I presume that you can understand/read Japanese, then? I already assumed that from your knowledge of various LNs, I guess.

Lol
*insert porun picture.

W7gm0W2.png

Maybe we gonna got detail for Blazblue anime in tomorrow Arc festival.

A blazblue anime without the entire cast ( including novel characters ) would be a failure.

I also want all my cauldron timey whimey bunch of stuff after effects.

The amount of ragna x Jin doujins will be multiplied by 7 to the happiness of :DTL

jbug617

Banned
Highschool of the Dead 5 (via NeonAlley)

One of the characters (black striped suit) sounds like Shoma in Mawaru Penguindrum, which was kind of odd considering the character differences. I guess Im always just half and half on liking the episode. I dont know why the dub has to say douchebag so much as its odd and feels kind of dated in 2013...and then the random panty shot in the action scene, combined with yellows bewbies being so huge (litrally the size of pink's head) was just baffling. The anime always has such good potential with its premise and action but just decides to throw it all away and trample on it every change it gets :( Bike scene was way cool and the dude on the bridge too.

The
boob physics
in that show are amazing to see.

Karehaan was the first Splash Star antagonist. Pissard was from Futari wa.
My bad . it's been a long time!! I was thinking about Moerumba.

I did the same thing as what i did this year with dokidoki as i kept episodes in storage and watched a bunch of them to quickly have an opinion.
I ended liking him ( and forgetting Karehaan lol ) thus making me continue watching.

I presume that you can understand/read Japanese, then? I already assumed that from your knowledge of various LNs, I guess.
Yes.
I still have a long way to go to reach mastery of the language , but i know enough for my hobbies.

This picture montage never been so adequate.

Tenumi

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X is the first series that I managed to get a friend to drop due to disgust over
the entire spit stuff
. Considering he's watched Ebichu, Golden Boy, Queen's Blade, and a bunch of other weird shows, it was quite the surprise.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Mysterious Girlfriend X 1

Is it gonna turn out that this girl is like an alien or something? Cause I'm pretty sure that's not normal to have your spit become addictive if a guy's in love with you (dude, what the hell were you doing? Tasting the drool a girl left on her desk? Seriously?), and then having a flood of drool come out of your mouth when you get happy. That's gonna be some freaky sex they're going to have, what with the waterfall of drool that's going to come out.

Girl's good though. Neat bangs.

(minor spoiler?)
Just take the saliva as a metaphor for sex instead of hoping for actual sex
and I think that you'll be even happier with the show. Regardless, glad to see someone picking this up. It really deserved more success and acclaim for the artful way that it elevated eroticism in anime.

Yoshitani Ayako's voice is also heavenly and it's too bad that she was probably blacklisted by the industry for the negative otaku reaction to her husky voice and natural cadence.

My bad . it's been a long time!! I was thinking about Moerumba.

I did the same thing as what i did this year with dokidoki as i kept episodes in storage and watched a bunch of them to quickly have an opinion.
I ended liking him ( and forgetting Karehaan lol ) thus making me continue watching.

Oddly I actually found Karehaan really endearing from the get-go because I like characters that are extremely serious and dedicated to their goals in spite of their blatant incompetency.
I was sad when it turned out that Splash Star killed all of its villains off after a few episodes like Futari wa. Rotating villains every episode is something that modern Precure does better than classic Precure.

Andrew J.

I spent this evening rewatching Usagi Drop with my mother. I'm so happy there's well-made wholesome family entertainment in the world of anime like this that I can pull out and not be worried about what she's going to say. I'm looking forward to showing her Wolf Children.

You'd watch Wolf Children with your mom? You're a braver man than I.

Mysterious Girlfriend X is the first series that I managed to get a friend to drop due to disgust over
the entire spit stuff
. Considering he's watched Ebichu, Golden Boy, Queen's Blade, and a bunch of other weird shows, it was quite the surprise.

I'm not sure what the standard of weird is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom