• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To follow up with this, maybe this will convince you on the pairing (nsfw) from the actual game itself.

You don't like ears and tails? This saddens the hell out of me.

So not even this convinces you?

For someone trying to promote "pure" love you sure are pretty intolerant of things :p

Purity requires sacrifice in the form of purging that which is impure.

Let me make this easier for you. NSFW

http://i.imgur.com/k5B8j7B.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Dw2PEms.png

Both of which I believe are official art ;)

hzFD2G6.gif

FINE! YOU WIN! I GIVE! GIVE ME MORE! MOAAAAAAAAAAAR!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You'd watch Wolf Children with your mom? You're a braver man than I.

The only anime that I ever watched with a parent was Nausicaa, and my father freaked out when he mistook Nausicaa's flesh-colored leggings for her going commando. Never tried again after that.

Syrinx

(spoiler?)
Just take the saliva as a metaphor for sex instead of hoping for actual sex
and I think that you'll be even happier with the show. Regardless, glad to see someone picking this up. It really deserved more success and acclaim for the artful way that it elevated eroticism in anime.

Well I wasn't expecting to see them actually fuck, if that's what you mean.

Ayako's voice is also heavenly and it's too bad that she was probably blacklisted by the industry for the negative otaku reaction to her husky voice and natural cadence.

Oh thats just straight bullshit. Fucking otakus.

cajunator

Banned
Ive watched some anime with my Mom, such as millennium Actress, Haibane Renmei, Kinos journey, some of Full Moon, and several Miyazaki movies.

CardCaptor Sakura - 2

Oh no, it's Poltergeist all over again!

So now Tomoyo is in on her CardCaptor antics and wants to film every single one of them.

Again, simple and clean. I'm liking how no time is wasted explaining things to the audience and explanation is coming through exposition.

I'm confused though, is there a conflict of any sorts in this anime? Or is it a slice-of-life monster of the week kind of anime? Either way, I'm interested into seeing where it goes.

Oddly I actually found Karehaan really endearing from the get-go because I like characters that are extremely serious and dedicated to their goals in spite of their blatant incompetency.
I was sad when it turned out that Splash Star killed all of its villains off after a few episodes like Futari wa. Rotating villains every episode is something that modern Precure does better than classic Precure.

It was the standard back then ..and it was actually SS that made the thing change first by
bring defeated/dead people back
in part 2 .

I was so surprised and so happy. Especially since they are quite intertaining on their own and they needed to be 2 to even the odds.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It was the standard back then ..and it was actually SS that made the thing change first by
bring defeated/dead people back
in part 2 .

I was so surprised and so happy. Especially since they are quite intertaining on their own and they needed to be 2 to even the odds.

Dorodoron should have just been the villain for the entire thing. In fact, he should have been the villain in every season. Now that's a character we'll never see the likes of again; I'd say the same for Kintolesky, but he kind of got reincarnated as Kumojacky.

edit: shit, double post. sorry guys

K-On! 1

FINALLY, I watch something for today. And it's K-On!

So Yui is like... the bumblefuck right? Since she's apparently useless and simpleminded (or thats what she WANTS us to think). Well she saved the Light Music Club so there's usage number 1.

Anyway, my first episode impression has pleased me. This isn't saying it was super good, but enough to actually hook me into watching, where for these type of shows, it takes about a few episodes to get into. We have some established friendships to go about and probably get expanded on, so I'm looking forward to that. Also there are very few to zero males in K-On! right?

2VHdq.jpg

It'll take a while to grasp the eyebrows.

cajunator

Banned
*hugs Mugibrows

CardCaptor Sakura - 2

So now Tomoyo is in on her CardCaptor antics and wants to film every single one of them.

Again, simple and clean. I'm liking how no time is wasted explaining things to the audience and explanation is coming through exposition.

I'm confused though, is there a conflict of any sorts in this anime? Or is it a slice-of-life monster of the week kind of anime? Either way, I'm interested into seeing where it goes.

It is very standard mahou shoujo as far as monsters go. Very episodic. but with some dark/mature moments here or there. There is never any huge conflict like a fight to the death or anything. It is a really lighthearted show but it doesn't speak down to the audience either.

K-On! 1

FINALLY, I watch something for today. And it's K-On!

So Yui is like... the bumblefuck right? Since she's apparently useless and simpleminded (or thats what she WANTS us to think). Well she saved the Light Music Club so there's usage number 1.

Anyway, my first episode impression has pleased me. This isn't saying it was super good, but enough to actually hook me into watching, where for these type of shows, it takes about a few episodes to get into. We have some established friendships to go about and probably get expanded on, so I'm looking forward to that. Also there are very few to zero males in K-On! right?
Yui, well, you'll get to know her pretty well by the end of the season. The first season just keeps getting better from here on out.
Well, they go to an all girls highschool, but Ritsu does have a brother, which you see in like 3 episodes in the entire series.
2VHdq.jpg

It'll take a while to grasp the eyebrows.
They're pickles!
  • Yui's special in a good way, not quite a bumblefuck.
  • Those eyebrows are treasures, damn it.
bN56U.gif

MikeMyers

CardCaptor Sakura - 2

I've been interesting watching that too, used to watch it as a kid but don't remember it.

Yui, well, you'll get to know her pretty well by the end of the season. The first season just keeps getting better from here on out.
Well, they go to an all girls highschool, but Ritsu does have a brother, which you see in like 3 episodes in the entire series.

They're pickles!

bN56U.gif

Dem eyelashes

cajunator

Banned
Which show is more depraved? Mysterious girlfriend X or Crime Edge? They are both uncomfortable levels of depravity.
I like them anyway.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Night Raid 1931 - 11

So, Kazura has turned redcoat, Aoi has fucked up a delicate international situation, and Aoi and Yukina are concerned over Sakurai taking the situation lightly
though my gut is telling me that Sakurai sent in Kazura to play double agent on Isao. And appearently Isao's history and Aoi's are not too dissimilar, hmm.

And the minderaser guy
is probably totally a traitor too. :/

and judging by Kazura's and Isao's reaction to the surprise end appearence by the one and only Sakurai, maybe he really was traitorous...but what the hell is Sakurai doing at Isao's secret landing strip?!

RMbO4mx.png

Yeah, we're super-powered spies. We sneak around and shit.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 155:

Ah, this is the show that I know and love. I've missed you. For such a simple concept underpinning the events of the episode (
getting over a fear of jumping boxes
), the show certainly managed to do several highly entertaining things with it up to and including
Chibiusa basically oneshotting the MotW with her newfound skill
. Great way to bring things full circle. Two remarks:

oh man oh man JunJun sporting hip 90s fashion aaaaaaghhh yesssssssssss. I already have uncomfortable conflicted feelings about the Amazoness Quartet and this really didn't help matters.

Unless my memory is shit, was this the first male MotW in the show? Because that's definitely, definitely a man's voice.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That Lemures' VA is Ryoma's from the modern Getter stuff. Also, Shigeru Chiba had a role back in 145 during the ballet episode and that MOTW was male too.

Can you remember exactly what episode that was? I'll have to go back and watch that battle to refresh my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom