• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Nadia: Secret of the Blue Water Episode 36

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

So much badass. The moment that
New Nautilus rose from beneath the ground and the music swelled and exploded, I'm pretty sure I felt a chill run down my spine. And let's not even talk about how fucking badass Nemo looks now. After seeing Electra's redesign, I assumed he would also get one too, but dayumn.

Dat plug suit action.

Funny how two fantastic episodes in a row just wipe out the awful memories of the last eleven. I'm back on board.

You know, what's really interesting is that
the launch of the New Nautilus is paid homage to in Evangelion 3.33 but the scene in Nadia was, itself, a homage to the launch of the Space Battleship Yamato from the anime bearing the same name. So by the time we get to Rebuild it's a reference to a reference, a snake eating it's own tail.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I might go to an anime convention tomorrow. Is there anything I should expect or worry about?

I'm too much of a self-loathing anime fan to have ever actually gone to a con, but from what I hear, beware yaoi paddles.

You know, what's really interesting is that
the launch of the New Nautilus is paid homage to in Evangelion 3.33 but the scene in Nadia was, itself, a homage to the launch of the Space Battleship Yamato from the anime bearing the same name. So by the time we get to Rebuild it's a reference to a reference, a snake eating it's own tail.

Sounds like it should have been called
Evangelion 3.33: You Can Redo instead!

CorvoSol

I forgot to mention this with conjunction to episode 24 of Code Geass, but I DID feel pretty bad for Ogie. Lelouch may be a slimy, craven bastard, but some of his underlings are genuinely nice people, and seeing them get Lelouch's comeuppance can be sad.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I might go to an anime convention tomorrow. Is there anything I should expect or worry about?
anime fans definitely

keep a bottle of deodorant, a water spray bottle, and hand sanitizer on you at all times

if you are wealthy enough have a computer capable of playing minecraft and MLP videos to lure away some of the more problematic types on you as well

Mature

I'm too much of a self-loathing anime fan to have ever actually gone to a con, but from what I hear, beware yaoi paddles.
Yaoi paddles are so passé.

Nah. they are some of the most fun and great people you will ever meet.
Just like anything else, there are good ones and bad ones. The good ones generally keep to themselves and their friends and are too busy enjoying themselves to act stupid. The bad ones are noisy, obnoxious, and rude. They're attention fiends who aren't really into anime, but instead just place themselves alongside it as a facet for their inability to act normal.

iavi

I'm actually going to be at AX this year. Already got my pass and errthang. The year I go is the year I've barely watched any anime. It makes perfect sense!

But AX is supposed to be rad, and I'll get to eat a ton of Roscoes in LA while I'm there, so I'm STOKED

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I forgot to mention this with conjunction to episode 24 of Code Geass, but I DID feel pretty bad for Ogie. Lelouch may be a slimy, craven bastard, but some of his underlings are genuinely nice people, and seeing them get Lelouch's comeuppance can be sad.

Ogie is like the only likeable character in the series because he's a calm, rational everyman.

cajunator

Banned

I don't understand why you seem to hate the fandom so much., anime fandom is such a wonderful thing. It brings us all together into wonderful communities like this filled with personalities and varying opinions while we passionately talk about something we all really love. I think its beautiful. Yes there are silly teenagers and social miscreants about, but there are far more people who just want to mingle with like minded people who share a hobby. One of my favorite things to do is hang out with artists and commission personalized drawings from them. You might even make some friends along the way. Maybe its because Im a bit outgoing, but Ive never felt alienated at a convention.

wonzo

Banned
Learn THE TRUTH from the great Anime World Order beforehand and…

THE TRUTH: The Japanese Animation Convention is Decadent and Depraved, Part 1 (49:00 – 1:02:45)
Daryl Surat has noticed how all the other anime podcasts refuse to reveal THE TRUTH about anime conventions, and that’s been especially so as of late. Here’s what all the OTHER podcasters and websites don’t want you to know: anime conventions are a den of sin overrun by people whose interest in anime is but tangential or secondary to another, more primary interest, usually some freaky kink. The word has spread about anime cons being “safe” territory to practice one’s deviancies without fear of retribution, and this is the result. In the first part of yet another SHOCKING and COMPLETELY NOT DISHONEST look at anime conventions in the light of the Katsucon and Megacon reports of shows past, Daryl once again does what those OTHER convention reporters don’t have the BALLS to do, and that’s flat-out lie, deceptively edit, and plagiarize for the sake of proving his pre-conceived conclusions. Just like the real news you see on TV!​

Anime fans. Keep away from them at all times.
anime fans definitely

keep a bottle of deodorant, a water spray bottle, and hand sanitizer on you at all times

if you are wealthy enough have a computer capable of playing minecraft and MLP videos to lure away some of the more problematic types on you as well
… heed these incredibly wise words and you should be good to go.

CorvoSol

Ogie is like the only likeable character in the series because he's a calm, rational everyman.

I like Suzaku, but I suppose he has all of next season to sink into a terrible pit of despair before inevitably being forced by the Gods of Anime and yaoi fangirls to make his peace with the scum of the Earth. I also
liked Euphemia, but that ship has sailed.

Ogie is definitely the most reasonable guy in the show, though. No ideology, just a nice guy who wants nice things.

Gun x Sword 6

HER NAME IS BUNNY AND HE IS CLAT. GEDDIT? BONNIE AND CLYDE? Seriously though, I can't tell you how fun this episode was in mere words. It wasn't Eldora 5 makes you cry, but it was still crazy off the wall fun.

HER DAD IS THE GOD FATHER.

Soma

I'm actually going to be at AX this year. Already got my pass and errthang. The year I go is the year I've barely watched any anime. It makes perfect sense!

But AX is supposed to be rad, and I'll get to eat a ton of Roscoes in LA while I'm there, so I'm STOKED
Last time I went to AX was back in 20...10? I think. It was really fun from what I remember.

I'd love to go again this year but I doubt i'll have the funds to make it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Do your own thing. If there is something you want to do at one, go and do it without letting others factor in.

Now, if you're going to end up being bored then that's something to consider.

cajunator

Banned
Im so jealous of people who can attend multiple conventions :(
Especially any opportunity to meet some of you.
I have no idea what yall think I would be like but it would be fun to find out.

Articalys

I'm on the fence on going to Fanime next weekend.
The guest list is too weak for me to bother with a weekend pass this year -- I've learned my lesson by now -- but I might buy a Saturday pass for the 7!!/ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D concert. The Omori/Sato panel is also that day, and if I'm lucky they might have autographs too and I could get my Baccano copy signed.
Of course I can always just drop by any time during the weekend to see the hall cosplay anyway.

I'm sort of on the self-loathing anime fan side, though it may just be because I'm not generally a social person and have met my fair share of anime fans I don't particularly care for.

iavi

Last time I went to AX was back in 20...10? I think. It was really fun from what I remember.

I'd love to go again this year but I doubt i'll have the funds to make it.

The passes aren't too bad: 65~ for all four days, but I'm sinking a little more cash into the hotel than wanted.

CorvoSol

I can't watch Kiddy Grade around or tell people I know I've seen it for the following reasons:

1. OP sings the word TWINKLE without a hint of irony.

2. All the panty shots.

3. Finding people to watch anime with is hard enough.

4. Kiddy Grade just SOUNDS like the kind of show you'd tease a grown man for watching.

This is all disregarding the content of the show, mind you, but when you think about a grown man watching animu, and he tells you he's watching something called "Kiddy Grade" the urge to make fun of him is almost uncontrollable for anyone else. Hell, I'M WATCHING IT and I still want to make fun of someone for watching it. It isn't even BAD, it's just the TWIIIIINKLE and the name and the eyes far apart.

It's all such easy pickings, haha.

Man a lot of you guys really hate yourselves, don't you?

I can think of nothing I love more.

CorvoSol

Daggum Kiddy Grade OP is so catchy, though.

TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINKLE

If you would rather admit to watching Saturday's Warrior then something is seriously wrong.

Is Saturday's Warrior the one where the guy finds out his mom is pregnant and quips "Geez maw, next time, why don't you just drop a litter?" I don't know that I've actually seen that one the whole way through. I don't know that I've seen ANY of those the whole way through, except like, Single's Ward.

cajunator

Banned
I can't watch Kiddy Grade around or tell people I know I've seen it for the following reasons:

1. OP sings the word TWINKLE without a hint of irony.

2. All the panty shots.

3. Finding people to watch anime with is hard enough.

4. Kiddy Grade just SOUNDS like the kind of show you'd tease a grown man for watching.

This is all disregarding the content of the show, mind you, but when you think about a grown man watching animu, and he tells you he's watching something called "Kiddy Grade" the urge to make fun of him is almost uncontrollable for anyone else. Hell, I'M WATCHING IT and I still want to make fun of someone for watching it. It isn't even BAD, it's just the TWIIIIINKLE and the name and the eyes far apart.

It's all such easy pickings, haha.

I can think of nothing I love more.

Not gonna lie. The name of the show is kind of hilarious and creepy out of context. the title actually means that Éclair and Lumiere are in the low tier of GOTT, the "kiddy grade". Its a silly and stupid name for a very fun show.
Plus, PLUS, the artbox came with a hat with Kiddy Grade emblazoned on it! Imagine wearing that without an explanation.
Still a marvelous show though. I hope you continue it.
The various ES members are pretty cool with all the various powers and abilities. And then shit goes south in a hurry.

CorvoSol

Not gonna lie. The name of the show is kind of hilarious and creepy out of context. the title actually means that Éclair and Lumiere are in the low tier of GOTT, the "kiddy grade". Its a silly and stupid name for a very fun show.
Plus, PLUS, the artbox came with a hat with Kiddy Grade emblazoned on it! Imagine wearing that without an explanation.
Still a marvelous show though. I hope you continue it.
The various ES members are pretty cool with all the various powers and abilities. And then shit goes south in a hurry.

Oh I haven't even considered dropping it. I'm just saying its so, I don't know, prime for mocking?

K-On! 2

2VKZg.jpg

Unrelated to the main premise, but it's instruments get episode! Mugi's eyebrows are practically an ID, it's like a whole new character!? Which would've saved them a lot of trouble earlier.

Mio stop being a blob, I want to poke your cheeks. We're still on good terms, so I think I'll continue.

Question: Asuza or however you spell it is the second season, right?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Forgot to mention in here that I watched the first episode of RE Cutie Honey. It might be one of the most out of control things I've watched. What I could make out were gratuitous amounts of fanservice (or just straight up nudity) and some awesome action scenes. Will watch more.
hahahaha isn't episode two a kick in the balls :p

episode three is good, but Re: Cutie Honey is special in that every episode has its own feel.

wonzo

Banned
Tamako Market - Dela's Bar 2

tamakodelabar2.jpg

Leave it to KyoAni to turn a silly flash gag short into something visually interesting, goddamn.

cajunator

Banned
K-On! 2

Unrelated to the main premise, but it's instruments get episode! Mugi's eyebrows are practically an ID, it's like a whole new character!? Which would've saved them a lot of trouble earlier.

Mio stop being a blob, I want to poke your cheeks. We're still on good terms, so I think I'll continue.

Question: Asuza or however you spell it is the second season, right?

Azusa shows up in S1 later on. She actually does things in S2 or so Ive heard. Up to episode 8 Jun and Ui are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom