• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiKerot

Mostly they just have ramune and that's just sugar water.
Or that Pocari sweat stuff.

I actually like the occasional bottle of Ramume, but I certainly couldn't drink it all day, and it's often being sold at novelty, rather than sensible, prices at these events. Fleecing the desperate or the people who don't know better.

Azusa shows up in S1 later on. She actually does things in S2 or so Ive heard. Up to episode 8 Jun and Ui are better.

Wait... Have you not seen the second season of K-On?

cajunator

Banned
I actually like the occasional bottle of Ramume, but I certainly couldn't drink it all day, and it's often being sold at novelty, rather than sensible, prices at these events. Fleecing the desperate or the people who don't know better.

Especially since down the street are Asian markets that sell ramune for super cheap.

CorvoSol

Kiddy Grade 3

I agree with Eclair: waiting to have approval to make an arrest seems like a pain. Especially when the boss lady doesn't approve things with Chief Taiga of GGG's flair. Then again, it does kinda make you understand the girls aren't actually cops.

Also, I don't think you were winning the stuffy old man over by putting on a weird Chun Li outfit and offering him tea, Eclair. Probably because you barely kept your cleavage in your shirt.

Was not expecting that level of "OMG IS SHE DEAD?" in this episode. I mean, I'm only 3 in.

Thinking about characters dying is giving me flashbacks to the end of Zeta. I don't know that I can handle it tonight. Especially not when I still have an episode of ZZ coming up.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is Saturday's Warrior the one where the guy finds out his mom is pregnant and quips "Geez maw, next time, why don't you just drop a litter?" I don't know that I've actually seen that one the whole way through. I don't know that I've seen ANY of those the whole way through, except like, Single's Ward.
Don't remember that part. Watching that film was a special trauma in my youth.

Anyway, the point is to be more secure in your own enjoyment of things.

CorvoSol

Don't remember that part. Watching that film was a special trauma in my youth.

Anyway, the point is to be more secure in your own enjoyment of things.

I'm as secure as I think someone in my position is apt to be. I mean, my dad plays video games and watches the occasional animu, too, so I think I've grown up understanding you don't have to quit liking what you like to be a grown up, but I think it takes a special kind of courage to tell people you watch a show called Kiddy Grade.

Wikipedia reveals that Saturday's Warrior IS the one where the teen is upset cuz his folks are having a million kids. That one brought us "Dear Wally" though, so I sort of like it.

CorvoSol

Never cared to see the actual movie, to be honest.

I never saw the slide show, they were out of circulation in my day, and also my leaders preferred lecturing to letting us watch slide shows. Still worth it to see everyone call her Mohanna You Ugly.

Oh, and I'm not gonna lie, I freaking cried the first time I watched The Other Side of Heaven and The Testaments, but in my defense, I was in the MTC when I saw 'em. I probably would still get choked up watching the end of the Testaments, though. Nothing but feels for me.

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam 1

Haven't even started watching this yet, but Anime Na Jai is the strangest OP for an anime I have ever seen, bar perhaps the OP to Azumanga Daioh.

CorvoSol

Are they lying when they say the Bound Doc is considered the most beautiful and elegant mobile suit by some? Because it's a goddamn dog head on a human torso with a lump skirt. It's the most HAPHAZARD looking mobile suit.

Mysterious Girlfriend X END

Well that ending was a bit disappointing.
Glad I got around to finishing the series though it wasn't great or anything it was alright.

CorvoSol

Why are the characters now telling me this isn't an anime, but that this is real life? What in the hell is this show? Did Gundam go full on insane after Tomino lost his marbles and killed the entire cast of Zeta?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 094
JHXfSRHl.jpg
2BgwZkGl.jpg
I could mistake this show for Utena if I didn't know any better.
Uranus is too ruthless, but that's what we love about her. Uranus > Neptune > Jupiter > Venus > Mars > Moon > Pluto > Mercury
Silly Ikuni, everyone knows girl's love is always pure. Also, I don't know why I got the impression Mamoru's sister is a brocon.

P.S. Cutest appliance ever.
P.P.S. This background would be entirely CGI if it were made today.

CorvoSol

AHAHAHAHA.

AH HA.

AH. HA.

They're really gonna start the series off with a Gundamjacking? It shouldn't bother me, but since 9/10 of Zeta was stupid teenagers stealing mobile suits, it does.

ZZ Gundam doesn't happen. This is all a crazy ass fever dream Kamille is having in his Sriracha induced coma.

Also, screw you Tomino, for killing one of my favorite UC characters off, mind raping another, and implying the death of a third all in one episode.

fertygo

Mysterious Girlfriend X END

Well that ending was a bit disappointing.
Glad I got around to finishing the series though it wasn't great or anything it was alright.

What so disappointing bout the ending, its cute they meet the parent and such put a conclusion to the relationship.

I kinda want rewatch this now.

cajunator

Banned

Wait... Have you not seen the second season of K-On?

partially.
The field trip episode is where I left off.

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 196-206

It took me three weeks, but I finally did it. Managed to pace myself through 206 episodes of One Piece just so I can be ready for its premiere tonight on Toonami. Was it worth it? Absolutely, but only seeing one episode per week is gonna be brutal after what I went through.

My thoughts of the last batch episodes will be brief (and NOT in spoiler tags):

To simply put it, the G8 arc was hysterical to watch. Nothing but one bungling attempt after another for both the crew and the marines. Commander Johnathan was a clever one, but I loved how calm he was all the time when giving orders. Not to mention the respect he had for Luffy (if you want to call it that) especially in the final batch of episodes. Now if only he would eat that broccoli more often :p

As for my ranking of the pirate crew from best to worst, it goes like this:

Luffy>Zoro>Chopper>Nami=Sanji>>Usopp>>>>>>Robin

Maybe when I finally see Robin's backstory, I'll have a change of heart. But until then, she sucks IMO.

In terms of watching the show going forward, I have no idea how long I'll last. I don't even know if I'll ever watch the final episode when it comes out. As long as I find the show entertaining, I'll keep watching.

What about Johnny Lingo, though? Surely you liked THAT. I mean, how does one NOT like Mohanna You Ugly?

EDIT: I only saw the new version of Johnny Lingo, though, where Mohanna grows up to be a babe, so I can't be entirely sure.

Mohanna is an Eight-Cow Waifu

The only Mormovie I somewhat enjoyed was Sons of Provo. And maybe those animated BoM videos.

Midori Days 05
Jeez, there's a lot of gratutious boob in this show. Not a fan.

The things I put up with for rom-com.

cajunator

Banned
Mohanna is an Eight-Cow Waifu

The only Mormovie I somewhat enjoyed was Sons of Provo. And maybe those animated BoM videos.

Midori Days 05
Jeez, there's a lot of gratutious boob in this show. Not a fan.

The things I put up with for rom-com.

It had a lot of fanservice but what I appreciated was that they didn't "go there" with the whole right hand girlfriend joke. Midori was a sweetheart and tried to help Seiji all the time. Usually failing. But in the end, the shows heart was in the right place. most of the boob fanservice had to do with Seijis sister.

It had a lot of fanservice but what I appreciated was that they didn't "go there" with the whole right hand girlfriend joke. Midori was a sweetheart and tried to help Seiji all the time. Usually failing. But in the end, the shows heart was in the right place. most of the boob fanservice had to do with Seijis sister.

I was hoping I could add this to a list of romcoms I could watch comfortably in front of my roommates.

):

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ANNCast's latest episode is about Daisuki.com, the streaming service by the major studios in Japan, but my favourite part of the podcast is that Zac has to actually defend his position about how Eva 3.33 is AWESOME against his BFF Justin. You can tell he was hoping his BFF would love the film as much as he did so that he could continue the love fest and his little "Oh" of disappointment was delicious. So was his backpedaling: "Oh, I guess I can see where you are coming from". lol

Outside of Highschool of the Dead, I'm pretty surprised.
Fanservice show, Key anime, fanservice show. Seems right.

Articalys

Okay, if I'm reading these reports correctly, people apparently have spotted principal photography starting on the Haganai live-action adaptation and believe Kouji Seto and Kie Kitano to be in the lead roles of Kodaka and Yozora. This is the alleged picture.

sleepykyo

Fanservice show, Key anime, fanservice show. Seems right.

Only one I've seen mentioned outside of this thread is HSotD so I figured the latter two were pretty niche. Demon King was fun and it was a fanservice show, but it wasn't that fun or that tawdry. And I get impression for these threads that Angel Beats wasn't particularly good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay, if I'm reading these reports correctly, people apparently have spotted principal photography starting on the Haganai live-action adaptation and believe Kouji Seto and Kie Kitano to be in the lead roles of Kodaka and Yozora. This is the alleged picture.
God, that wig looks hideous.

Only one I've seen mentioned outside of this thread is HSotD so I figured the latter two were pretty niche. Demon King was fun and it was a fanservice show, but it wasn't that fun or that tawdry. And I get impression for these threads that Angel Beats wasn't particularly good.
Angel Beats is fairly well liked outside of this community, probably because it's Key.
I think Demon King was probably one of their early BD releases as well, so that might add to why it is a success for them. But sure, it's not particularly any more boobalicious than any other boobalicious anime. In fact, given how well Infinite Stratos apparently did for them (at least on TAN), I'm surprised it didn't sell well on disc. Or at least not enough to be in their top 3 anyway.

I loved Angel Beats, even for all its faults. It was the first Key anime I watched too, so at the very least it made my experience with the other Key shows better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I actually don't mind Key but I despised the fuck out of Angel Beats.
My problem with it was that it was schizophrenic, almost by necessity.

-----

Some details about daisuki.com - it will be free and ad-supported/merchandise supported. Streams are sub only, be in HD, and will focus on both archived and simulcasting series. So it seems like the Japanese companies want to "own" Western streaming, yet somehow not compete with Crunchyroll/Funimation/etc.

Maybe some news for Gundam nerds - Daisuki is focusing on subbing and streaming Gundam shows that have previously not been licensed in the US market.

They are planning to launch this month.

Angel beats is big and popular and pretty awesome. Definitely check it out.

My problem with it was that it was schizophrenic, almost by necessity.

-----

Some details about daisuki.com - it will be free and ad-supported/merchandise supported. Streams are sub only, be in HD, and will focus on both archived and simulcasting series. So it seems like the Japanese companies want to "own" Western streaming, yet somehow not compete with Crunchyroll/Funimation/etc.

Maybe some news for Gundam nerds - Daisuki is focusing on subbing and streaming Gundam shows that have previously not been licensed in the US market.

They are planning to launch this month.

But daisuki launched earlier this week.
There is a dub on it.
Gundam Z and Gundam Seed HD so far.

Midori Days - 06
the harem adds jailbait

our oblivious harem master continues being oblivious.
imoutos continue not being actual imoutos.
family relations patched up in one line.

once again, what I put up with for romcoms

also holy crap the english leads are voiced by the same people from ah my goddess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom