• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

http://i.imgur.com/hzFD2G6.gif

FINE! YOU WIN! I GIVE! GIVE ME MORE! MOAAAAAAAAAAAR!
VICTORY!

Don't undermine our success!

Also, screw you Tomino, for killing one of my favorite UC characters off, mind raping another, and implying the death of a third all in one episode.
Tomino'd!
Now watch Space Runaway Ideon.

cajunator

Banned
Happy (early) Birthday Cajun!

Every birthday is better with wideface!

Midori Days - 06
the harem adds jailbait

our oblivious harem master continues being oblivious.
imoutos continue not being actual imoutos.
family relations patched up in one line.

once again, what I put up with for romcoms

also holy crap the english leads are voiced by the same people from ah my goddess

oh yeah I forgot about the stupid little girl. Well she isn't an actual harem "threat" nor really is any girl in the show. That was another good thing. It didn't stray far from the main leads.

Touma isn't broken
he has the most silliest plot armor ever, even with his cancellation hand he should have got wrecked by Accelerator.
I disagree . He is quite broken too. You probably won't see him that way untill the author decides to upgrade his power ( or better explain them )
I know he should have lost that fight , but too many factors happenned.
It's bound to happen, the days when he won't even need that to "destroy the illusions" of others.

g40YVRw.gif

Episodes 196-206

It took me three weeks, but I finally did it. Managed to pace myself through 206 episodes of One Piece just so I can be ready for its premiere tonight on Toonami. Was it worth it? Absolutely, but only seeing one episode per week is gonna be brutal after what I went through.
G8 is actually the first time a filler arc in OP was good. It's an achievement . There was some filler episodes that stand alone were "alright" but all attempt at an filler arc was just bad.G8 managed to so something good for once

Gurren Lagann 8

ibbG0X7FPaLQNs.gif

This episode ....

Midori Days 07
Decent character developing episode, its nice to have the fanservice-y elements toning down--

...Is that a song montage at the end

Do you guys use like a screen capturing program for your GIFs or something, there were some funny points I wanted to save.

Midori Days 08
One of the lines the lead says is
"I've completely lost my will to live."

Took the line right out of my mouth, man.

Holy shiz I think they drew balls on the cat.

Why

They're really going out of their way to make the otaku look like a fool in this episode. What is up with the otaku hate in these shows that are obviously aimed at otakus

cajunator

Banned
Midori Days 07
Decent character developing episode, its nice to have the fanservice-y elements toning down--

...Is that a song montage at the end

Do you guys use like a screen capturing program for your GIFs or something, there were some funny points I wanted to save.

The show was way better focusing on the relationship and comedy.
the romcom part.

Majestic Prince Episode 7 – Stronghold of Lust
tumblr_mmxbxzM5A61rrpeyuo1_500.gif

I laughed. I guess it was just a decent episode, a few of the events felt that they happened too fast, like the family discussion or the stuff with Wulgaru (best one is Clein, voice sounds familiar, like the king in Kingdom). Preview has a good fight.

/XX/

Happy Day-before-your-Birthday, cajunator!

You are a Cristina fan, isn't it? So, here you are:

Twitter / hukeweb: 劇場版シュタゲ5月11日から20館上映館が増えるそうです。大 ... said:
https://twitter.com/hukeweb/status/332466585979731968/

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I made it! I'm still alive! We're back to old school Gainax excellence! A great episode all around, and a fantastic way to wash out the bad taste in my mouth left by the last few episodes. Nadia recognizes her flaws, apologizes, despairs a bit, finds hope. Happy days!

Animation is finally back to normal levels, and thew hole thing was just grand. Loved the lack of color too.
Congratulations you too! Passing that rite is like being born anew.

Midori Days - End
Wow, I found myself really wanting the tsundere to end up with Seiji. Fack this noise.

There was so much I disliked in the male lead. He was just such a dick the entire time. His entire inner conflict was...............uh, that he's a punk that isn't really a punk but then in reality he is a punk anyway??

Premise wasn't all that interesting, and they didn't do really all that much with it anyway.

The things I put up with for my rom-coms.
Final Rating: 4/10 SAOs

And yet I enjoyed it.

Edit: I'm going all Polygon and altering my score. (I didn't completely finish watching the final episode when I gave it a score)

I hate it when rom-com animes don't end with a freaking kiss. Or at least a hug. Or SOMETHING GOSH

I don't invest hours of my life into something and then not get a kiss at the end grahh

Thank gosh the Ah My Goddess manga is still running. Was there a kiss in Toradora, for anyone who's seen that one?

K-On! 2

2VKZg.jpg

Unrelated to the main premise, but it's instruments get episode! Mugi's eyebrows are practically an ID, it's like a whole new character!? Which would've saved them a lot of trouble earlier.

Mio stop being a blob, I want to poke your cheeks. We're still on good terms, so I think I'll continue.

Question: Asuza or however you spell it is the second season, right?

It's always been Mugi's dream to have a part time job.

Mio is the best!

Azusa shows up in the first season, just much later. Episode 8 to be exact.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, if I'm reading these reports correctly, people apparently have spotted principal photography starting on the Haganai live-action adaptation and believe Kouji Seto and Kie Kitano to be in the lead roles of Kodaka and Yozora. This is the alleged picture.

Yeeeeeeep, that's Koji Seto alright. I'd recognize Kamen Rider Kiva anywhere, even from that distance.

It's a sunny Saturday and I've got the day off so why not spend it watching...

Earth Maiden Arjuna 1

Funny thing is that this episode is actually a rewatch. Back in the day I was in the mall at an anime rental place (it was surprising it existed even in the early aughts) and there was some fanfare over the first issue of NEWTYPE USA. Seemed cool enough to have the first issue of something and it came bundled with an episode of anime so I figured why not? Unfortunately it was an episode of Arjuna and 13 year old me had no idea what the hell he just watched. Since then I never touched Arjuna or Newtype, though the issue itself actually had some cool stuff!

So what does 23 year old me think? It's actually a lot more coherent and tame than I remembered and kind of pretty to boot, there are horrendous visions of the future but there are pretty bits too! It's a little creepy and repulsive though how all the dialogue sounds like it's from a pseudoscience scam or cult which make seed scarier to me than the raja. It also doesn't help that Chris looks like a less fabulous version of the villain from skyward sword.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Earth Maiden Arjuna 1

Funny thing is that this episode is actually a rewatch. Back in the day I was in the mall at an anime rental place (it was surprising it existed even in the early aughts) and there was some fanfare over the first issue of NEWTYPE USA. Seemed cool enough to have the first issue of something and it came bundled with an episode of anime so I figured why not? Unfortunately it was an episode of Arjuna and 13 year old me had no idea what the hell he just watched. Since then I never touched Arjuna or Newtype, though the issue itself actually had some cool stuff!

So what does 23 year old me think? It's actually a lot more coherent and tame than I remembered and kind of pretty to boot, there are horrendous visions of the future but there are pretty bits too! It's a little creepy and repulsive though how all the dialogue sounds like it's from a pseudoscience scam or cult which make seed scarier to me than the raja. It also doesn't help that Chris looks like a less fabulous version of the villain from skyward sword.

Oh god. This post just made nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks, and reminded me that I actually bought that issue too! I can't remember if I ever watched that Arjuna episode, though...hm...

cajunator

Banned

Earth Maiden Arjuna 1

Arjuna wasnt as messed up as I was hoping for but it does have a decent amount of Kawamoriiiiiiiiiii

DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 THE ANIMATION Episode 7 – Wednesday of Transformations - I

The best part of the anime continues to be the interactions between key members of the cast. Specifically the Yamato Hotsuin and his way of going around issues and then Alcor always stating that which Yamato actually means to say, and Hibiki being the center part of their eyes. Truly Alcor and these Sparkling Ones really provide the best dialogue.
But is Alcor really abandoning Hotsuin, I hope this doesnt mean Hotsuin will die. I already lost Keita, and I dont really want to lose anymore like Alcor, Hotsuin, Hibiki, and Daichi

tumblr_mmwwwoXPlM1rx1dfqo2_500.gif

Daichi and Hibiki were my favorite and whoever is writing this is doing an exceptional job for Daichi and is definitely selling me on getting the game. If his dialogue and interactions are like these in the game, then I definitely want it. The changing room scene felt like it was almost like Daichi was trying to confess to Hibiki.
Though, unfortunately it wasnt. But it was a good bonding and friendship scene and so much blushes. And Daichi really shows much concern for Hibiki this whole anime, like he's obsessed with friendship and him, which is good.

Anime is definitely on the rise and is finally going in the direction I want, hopefully they truly go with it as it will be awesome.
If Nitta will truly be used as a sacrifice then it will wholly make up for the pain and suffering we experienced from Keita's untimely demise, I cant believe Hinnako came back and he had to stay dead. Its definitely Nitta's turn.

Earth Propaganda Arjuna 2: Clean Electric Boogaloo

Chris:WORDS DON'T MEAN WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO WHEN I SAY THEM! NOW WATCH AS I FIGHT THE RAJA AFTER SCOLDING YOU FOR FIGHTING THEM AFTER TELLING YOU TO FIGHT THEM!

I also cracked up at the idea that stoner girl literally had to shoot a bow to save her life, those years of practice really haven't done her any favors. Gotta love that wheelchair landing though and then those slaps and later on that slip!

Arjuna is blatant pseudoscience environmentalist propaganda.

Yeah it's really leaving a bad taste in my mouth with how obnoxiously heavy handed it is. And nuclear power is pretty great, screw this fear mongering.

Arjuna wasnt as messed up as I was hoping for but it does have a decent amount of Kawamoriiiiiiiiiii

Aww man, I was in the mood for trippy and surreal though. So far I'm pretty disgusted but I'll keep at it. Gotta run some errands though so I've gotta take a break from this show.

Kagami

Yoshitani Ayako's voice is also heavenly and it's too bad that she was probably blacklisted by the industry for the negative otaku reaction to her husky voice and natural cadence.
Oh thats just straight bullshit. Fucking otakus.
What actually happened was that before the show aired, they played a trailer in which her acting didn't sound good for whatever reason, might have been direction, might just have been the lack of context for the lines. So it got a negative reaction from anyone who understands Japanese. Then the actual show started and everybody changed their minds and thought she sounded fine, if a little unusual.
I'm pretty sure Mad Pierrot saw that at the time, but he seems to have his version stuck in his head and keeps repeating it as if the second part didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom