• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think I know any group for people more insufferable than anime fans.

Absolutely, bar none, the worst fandom of any kind to interface with in real life.

I definitely disagree, but it depends on the people you meet.
the fans I have met locally have been quite pleasant to talk to. Maybe this area just has some great fans.

A belated Happy Birthday, Cajun!

Actually, its still a day early lol.
Cajun weekend seems like a fun idea though.

Izayoi

Banned
Is the Westboro Baptist Church too easy a trump card here?
Well, you might actually have anime fans beat with that one.

It's still pretty close, though.

You wound me :(
You are a gentlemen of high class in real life, I'm sure.

I'm not meaning to paint EVERYONE with the same brush, but in general, those who are tactful about their love of anime in real life are seemingly few and far between.

Kyon

Banned
Sword Art Online Ep. 1

5fe886f3daa6485efecf1ea6dc5207931343265548_full.jpg

I know I KNOW. I should've been watching this ages ago but I was too busy watching Precure. OK

First of all THIS IS SO FREAKING GOOD OMG. 2nd What kind of F'd up situation... Wouldn't they STARVE to death in the real world? Too bad no magic.

Oh and Klein calling Kirito cute and his type I CAN'T. Seriously I was SCREAMING. DTL I need your impressions.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's a little creepy and repulsive though how all the dialogue sounds like it's from a pseudoscience scam or cult which make seed scarier to me than the raja.

If you end up finding this aspect of the show entertaining then boy do I have some things to introduce you to.

I'm pretty sure Mad Pierrot saw that at the time, but he seems to have his version stuck in his head and keeps repeating it as if the second part didn't happen.

Any time that I've said this I've thought that it was fairly tongue-in-cheek that it's a joke conspiracy theory and that I don't actually believe it. I even said exactly as much yesterday.

Dead

well not really...yet
AHAHAHAHA.

AH HA.

AH. HA.

They're really gonna start the series off with a Gundamjacking? It shouldn't bother me, but since 9/10 of Zeta was stupid teenagers stealing mobile suits, it does.

ZZ Gundam doesn't happen. This is all a crazy ass fever dream Kamille is having in his Sriracha induced coma.

Also, screw you Tomino, for killing one of my favorite UC characters off, mind raping another, and implying the death of a third all in one episode.
You haven't seen anything yet lol

ZZ Gundam is special

Kyon

Banned
First game isn't so bad, but...

Well, I'll let you be the judge. At least you're not watching Guilty Crown!

Never heard of that one. Guess I should stay away? Lol ok! I shall seat myself and keep watching. :3

Still one of the best scenes. And at least theres some good KleinKirito arts.

Oh my :eek: why... Yes it was a great scene. If only....

Its worse than you can imagine.

*__*

No it's not. Unless you're looking for something it isn't in the first place.
Post your honnest impressions and don't be swayed by the others.

Yes! Will do >:3 it's something I've wanted to see like this that isn't .Hack I personally got bored with .Hack years and years ago this is a good fresh start on the whole MMO anime stuff for me :D

Space Brothers 58:
And so we begin delving into the back story of Vince and Pico. Everything is good so far, and we're getting a good idea of where exactly they came from. It's funny seeing young Vince being so earnest and not really feeling jaded in the slightest. My impending tragedy senses are starting to go off, though. Mutta's interactions with Vince were also pretty fun. As expected,
he remained completely calm while Vince was speeding up, and even thought about how it wasn't that fast

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 6 – Saki, Come Back!
tumblr_mn04lnWlib1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fun and kind of funny at times. Its still much more enjoyable when focused on L-elf (why so few scenes now) and Haruto and then often with some moments from Dorssia. Saki tethering on the edge of being annoying...Though I really cant help shake the feeling that she and Shoko will ultimately meet the same fate by shows end
Death or something, their both way too reckless and into things and we got Saki's backstory so fast. She also has a vain motive to live for so it seems odd to have her in a lead role of sorts

Q-vier must be praised and X-eins too. Q-vier on personality and excitement and that voice
as well as his taking out of Moses. Would Moses be not dead and come back with some machine parts on him or a masked face of sorts? If X-eins could survive his explosion then I guess Figuro could too

I want a Valvrave to come with Bits. Would be cool and lastly who are the other pilots? Im hoping L-elf gets one and maybe even another member of Dorssia.
A drei is sneaking in, maybe L-elf can convince him to go into the unit as a guinea pig or something, surely he isnt serious of killing him over friendship/ :(

NeonZ

ZZ Gundam doesn't happen. This is all a crazy ass fever dream Kamille is having in his Sriracha induced coma.

Also, screw you Tomino, for killing one of my favorite UC characters off, mind raping another, and implying the death of a third all in one episode.

You'll have almost 20 long episodes ahead of you. ZZ only becomes good when the crew goes back to Earth. And then the quality falls again when they go back to space.

Just skip ZZ and go watch Gundam X. You've already watched the two UC series that have big references in X. Well, there are also some minor references to F91 and Victory, but those are basically irrelevant to the story itself.

cjkeats

Ended up watching all of Denpa Onna in mostly one sitting somehow. It was a lazy day. Really enjoyed it, but the end kinda sucked. I guess it left it open for more? Still some unanswered questions.

Overall though it was a very enjoyable watch. Visually it was extremely pretty to look at, and I gushed about it when I started, but the OST was really, really good.
I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Ryuuko. She was a hoot.

fertygo

You'll have almost 20 long episodes ahead of you. ZZ only becomes good when the crew goes back to Earth. And then the quality falls again when they go back to space.

Just skip ZZ and go watch Gundam X. You've already watched the two UC series that have big references in X. Well, there are also some minor references to F91 and Victory, but those are basically irrelevant to the story itself.

He endure AGE, he can survive from ZZ too.

Btw I'll just "watch" X from SRW, the production value are so bad..

Kagami

Any time that I've said this I've thought that it was fairly tongue-in-cheek that it's a joke conspiracy theory and that I don't actually believe it. I even said exactly as much yesterday.

The impression I got was you saying "otaku complained about her acting and drove her away," then followed up with "nah just kidding about that being the reason," leaving the "otaku complained" part hanging.
Sorry, I was taking things more seriously than I needed to.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The impression I got was you saying "otaku complained about her acting and drove her away," then followed up with "nah just kidding about that being the reason," leaving the "otaku complained" part hanging.
Sorry, I was taking things more seriously than I needed to.

No reason to apologize. I have a problem with feigning ignorance and then not making it immediately clear that I'm doing so. I actually was aware of the incident that you described but still chose to make it the basis of my fake blame; just wanted to be clear that I wasn't going Novid on this particular topic :lol

OceanBlue

Sword Art Online Ep.2

Omg this is everything ;_;

Dat drastic character change though what was that about?

Because he's the hero Aincrad deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not their hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

(If I remember correctly, the show was supposed to suggest that he was acting to draw blame for that guy's death on himself instead of having everyone blame the Beaters/Betaers/whatever they were called.)

Kyon

Banned
Because he's the hero Aincrad deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not their hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

(If I remember correctly, the show was supposed to suggest that he was acting to draw blame for that guy's death on himself instead of having everyone blame the Beaters/Betaers/whatever they were called.)

This explains EVERYTHING thank you :)

fertygo

Why my husbando putting reason to SAO?

Can I get a divorce?

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Episode 7 The Devil's Budget Is Saved by Neighborliness
tumblr_mn08hiXxRC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Their family setup and their interactions just in the apartment is really where the anime shines. Poor Urushihara having to do tasks and Ashiya too :(. At least theyre all pitching in to help out and nurse him back. The action is alright but nothing outstanding or definitive, and oddly made me wish we got more time back in the apartment. Even the time at MgRonalds is fun. Two months went by fast.

Jex

Earth Maiden Arjuna 1

Funny thing is that this episode is actually a rewatch. Back in the day I was in the mall at an anime rental place (it was surprising it existed even in the early aughts) and there was some fanfare over the first issue of NEWTYPE USA. Seemed cool enough to have the first issue of something and it came bundled with an episode of anime so I figured why not? Unfortunately it was an episode of Arjuna and 13 year old me had no idea what the hell he just watched. Since then I never touched Arjuna or Newtype, though the issue itself actually had some cool stuff!

So what does 23 year old me think? It's actually a lot more coherent and tame than I remembered and kind of pretty to boot, there are horrendous visions of the future but there are pretty bits too! It's a little creepy and repulsive though how all the dialogue sounds like it's from a pseudoscience scam or cult which make seed scarier to me than the raja. It also doesn't help that Chris looks like a less fabulous version of the villain from skyward sword.
Just you wait.

The guest list is too weak for me to bother with a weekend pass this year -- I've learned my lesson by now -- but I might buy a Saturday pass for the 7!!/ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D concert. The Omori/Sato panel is also that day, and if I'm lucky they might have autographs too and I could get my Baccano copy signed.
Of course I can always just drop by any time during the weekend to see the hall cosplay anyway.

Wait, wait. the ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D concert is on Saturday? What time, what time?

I'll brave the trip just to see them.

He even has a bandage on his nose. lol

Only adds to the attractiveness!

I like the ones I encountered...so big...though the designs are close to being too bulky characters, I guess I just have odd tastes for most.

There are so much more examples of bulkyness than this.

Kyon

Banned
Sword Art Online Ep. 3

Suicide I can't

Klein being all worried about his baby Kiri.

Her last words

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

CorvoSol

You haven't seen anything yet lol

ZZ Gundam is special

THE FIRST EPISODE IS A CLIP SHOW HOW.

Ah, it begins. The spiral into insanity.

In my defense, I think Tomino killed more named characters in the last two episodes of Zeta than Anno does in the whole of End of Evangelion, soooooo. I think Zeta served to put me in a weakened emotional state so that whatever comes next can ruin me.

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 6 – Saki, Come Back!
tumblr_mn04lnWlib1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Fun and kind of funny at times. Its still much more enjoyable when focused on L-elf (why so few scenes now) and Haruto and then often with some moments from Dorssia. Saki tethering on the edge of being annoying...Though I really cant help shake the feeling that she and Shoko will ultimately meet the same fate by shows end
Death or something, their both way too reckless and into things and we got Saki's backstory so fast. She also has a vain motive to live for so it seems odd to have her in a lead role of sorts

Q-vier must be praised and X-eins too. Q-vier on personality and excitement and that voice
as well as his taking out of Moses. Would Moses be not dead and come back with some machine parts on him or a masked face of sorts? If X-eins could survive his explosion then I guess Figuro could too

I want a Valvrave to come with Bits. Would be cool and lastly who are the other pilots? Im hoping L-elf gets one and maybe even another member of Dorssia.
A drei is sneaking in, maybe L-elf can convince him to go into the unit as a guinea pig or something, surely he isnt serious of killing him over friendship/ :(

Q-Vier is a shit Desil Galette copy (which is hard to do, given how incredibly cliche Desil already was) and the worst character in the show bar none. How you can tolerate, let alone like him is beyond my mortal capacity for understanding.

BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF MY MAN KAMILLE
EVER GETS BETTER

He endure AGE, he can survive from ZZ too.

Btw I'll just "watch" X from SRW, the production value are so bad..

I don't know man, Zeta nearly broke me. AGE may be infinitely worse, but that finale to Zeta is the most incredibly absurd thing I've seen in a week or so.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Splash Star movie:

Fuck's sake, Toei, people are paying money to see this shit. Even if they're the same group of people who are willfully shelling out tens of thousands of yen for garbage toys that their daughters are going to spend two minutes with before throwing in the trash, don't be totally evil and exploitative and actually give the audience something better than SAKI AND MAI MOPE AROUND AFTER GETTING IN A FIGHT. That shit would have a hard time passing as a bad filler episode of the show.

Really, the only notable thing about the whole movie was the Hellsing reject antagonist, who had the best name ever:

Granted,
he does transform into a giant bull monster at the end of the movie
, but I don't think that it makes it any less funny.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[OreImo 2] 7 first five minutes

This is some "I hate sand, it gets everywhere" type of shitty dialogue. Whoever wrote this crap should buy some actual books instead of fucking light novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom