• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Funimation just confirmed that they have the home video rights for Attack on Titan. No brand new license announcements today from them.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm so glad I decided against watching OreImo season 2. The further away from the finish of season 1 I got, the worse my opinion got of it.

...Not to mention I was one of the people who hated Kuroneko or whatever her name is.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 157:

This was a boring episode, but at least we got another instance of Chibiusa using Pink Sugar Attack to comically negligible effect.

e: looks like there's a Satou episode up next followed by Ikuhara. yesssssssss

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 157:

This was a boring episode, but at least we got another instance of Chibiusa using Pink Sugar Attack to comically negligible effect.

e: looks like there's a Satou episode up next followed by Ikuhara. yesssssssss

I think 158 has that excellent cold open I really like.

Emi > Suzuno > Chiho

You have my respect!

Just look how perfect she is!
1368800686398ajjmb.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[OreImo 2] 07

Kuroneko fans will find plenty to like about this.
If the show actually explores their relationship à la Mysterious Girlfriend X then I'm totally okay with this development.

Of course, I already know the ending so... :/

madp

The Light of El Cantare
five minutes into SuperS 158:

yessssssssssssssssssssssss

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

so wrong, but so right.

Splash Star movie:

Fuck's sake, Toei, people are paying money to see this shit. Even if they're the same group of people who are willfully shelling out tens of thousands of yen for garbage toys that their daughters are going to spend two minutes with before throwing in the trash, don't be totally evil and exploitative and actually give the audience something better than SAKI AND MAI MOPE AROUND AFTER GETTING IN A FIGHT. That shit would have a hard time passing as a bad filler episode of the show.

Really, the only notable thing about the whole movie was the Hellsing reject antagonist, who had the best name ever:

Granted,
he does transform into a giant bull monster at the end of the movie
, but I don't think that it makes it any less funny.

Lol you told me that you wouldn't waste your time watching that.
This is not a good movie LOL

Yeah, it's sad that it didn't get Splash Star quality for the movie, but then again, THIS IS the one that nearly sanked Pretty Cure because children have crappy taste (which is why a shit eater like Shiny Luminous somehow manages to outrank several Cures.)

Dresden

rim pacific
Hideaki Anno .... special thanks
Alfonso Cuarón .... special thanks
Alejandro González Iñárritu .... special thanks
Ishirô Honda .... dedicatee
Yuji Iwahara .... special thanks
Kazuyoshi Katayama .... special thanks
Shoji Kawamori .... special thanks
Masahiko Minami .... special thanks: Bones
Tooru Miura .... special thanks: AIC
Tomoyuki Miyata .... special thanks: J.C. Staff
Toshiaki Okuno .... special thanks: Oriental Light and Magic
Toshihiko Sato .... special thanks: Production Reed
Michiaki Satou .... special thanks: Satelight
Yukinao Shimoji .... special thanks: Xebec
Hiroshi Takahashi .... special thanks: Toei Animation
Hideyuki Takai .... special thanks: TOHO
Shuichirou Tanaka .... special thanks: Tatsunoko Production
Kenji Uchida .... special thanks: Sunrise
Kazunori Ueno .... special thanks: Bandai
Hiroyuki Yamaga .... special thanks: Gainax

Yeah, it's sad that it didn't get Splash Star quality for the movie, but then again, THIS IS the one that nearly sanked Pretty Cure because children have crappy taste (which is why a shit eater like Shiny Luminous somehow manages to outrank several Cures.)

The shiny luminous place in rankings is nothing but an anomaly.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon SuperS 158:

Yup, it's a Satou episode. Like Narag said, the cold open was fantastic--the brief sequence of
Chibiusa grinning with unabashed excitement and anticipation at Mamoru's door, the almost voyeuristic peek at Mamoru and Usagi passionately kissing, Chibiusa's dejection, and her wandering through crowds of people that can only be seen from the waist down
were just a fantastically succinct way of summarizing
Chibiusa's frustration with not being an adult

Even in spite of the melancholy tone of the opening, I was completely prepared for this to be an antics episode after the twist. I mean, how couldn't I? I have a particular fondness for this sort of thing, but I ended up being perfectly fine with the gentler, sweeter, expository direction that the episode took.
In fact, the "kiss" between Helios and Chibiusa as he soothed her sadness over being returned to her original body ended up being a really fantastic moment. It was lovely, ethereal, and innocent; in other words, like something out of a fairy tale. I just hope that Helios isn't some kind of secretly-malevolent proto-Akio; seeing him imprisoned in a cage in the ceiling of the Dead Moon Circus gave me strong Utena vibes

Andrew J.

OreImo S2 07

Whoever got cast as the middle Gokou sister actually sounds pretty similar to KanaHana.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kyousuke adopting an Araragi-esque siscon persona to troll Kirino...but as long as
he's actually dating Kuroneko
, I guess I'm okay with it.

OreImo S2 07

Whoever got cast as the middle Gokou sister actually sounds pretty similar to KanaHana.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kyousuke adopting an Araragi-esque siscon persona to troll Kirino...but as long as
he's actually dating Kuroneko
, I guess I'm okay with it.

Pretty sure that was still KanaHana.

CorvoSol

Code Geass 25

Please tell me Jarmel isn't the season's final boss. I mean, I love his English VA, but it's just so ugh. Better be one more showdown between Golbez and Cecil before I have to change discs.

Syrinx

Mysterious Girlfriend X 3

The writing in this show really isn't anything to write home about. I don't think I could write "We are connected through drool" with a straight face.

Still an interesting show though. For whatever reason, the whole drool thing is getting stranger and more unsettling the more I watch it.

I look forward to Uname's and Ura's relationship developing. Assuming it does.

Edit: I think this is episode 4 actually. I'm stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom