• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maou-sama 4

seems like next eps is gonna have shit happening. Still love the show. Now we had 2 bath/shower scenes with emi, it is about time for a shower scene with chi chan right?

Yahari 04

AghXnphl.jpg

Tennis club > all

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
maou-sama 4

seems like next eps is gonna have shit happening. Still love the show. Now we had 2 bath/shower scenes with emi, it is about time for a shower scene with chi chan right?

Why would they waste the budget on such a lame character? Give me one with the manager girl!

I'm looking for an old, obscure anime film from the 50s or 60s. It had no dialogue, just music. A war was occurring in the background and it was released via fansub back in 04 or 05. I can't remember the damn name!

mAcOdIn

I'm glad you've come to see the light, mAc. I would make you one if I could.
I feel so bad for not liking her from the first episode. But, at least I hated Emi from the first episode!
You did that on purpose didn't you? Haha.
Yes, but probably not for the reason you think as I technically know how to make avatars I just suck at it, so it was aimed at myself. If someone already made some Chiho avatars that I missed sorry, wasn't meaning to insult that person who obviously had good taste.

cajunator

Banned
Gargantia - 01

Besides all the robots and stuff I love, let's get down to business...

*googles Hanaharu Naruko*

sAvoDN3.gif

Lol. I figured you'd notice that.

jpkd2-1m3sr0.gif

Good Pacuga.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 03:

Weaker than the first two, but whatever. I'm slightly disappointed that this is going to have some kind of overarching narrative including villains, but Coal really speaks to my love for incompetent villainy and so long as this doesn't come to dominate the show, I'll accept it. He'll be a delightfully toxic combination with Opal, at least.

I think I've neglected to mention that the Jewelpet world and the ensuing collectathon have the best origin story ever. Time immemorial before the creation of the world was just one big dance. Eat your heart out, Silmarillion.

This does look a lot more fun than most of Precure. What the hell is going on in that picture and why is it so cute?

I got a couple of problems with this.

1st. Emi sucks. Now that we have that out of the way we can move on.

2nd. Emi's not "alone." Ok, so she's separated from her homeland and people who know her but she's already got a friend at work. It's not like Castaway where all she has is a damn soccer ball for company.

3rd. Some will eventually bring up the "in her world she was a hero here she answers phones" crap. Screw you! That's like simultaneously crapping on every single human being who's not a "hero" in this world. That's like shitting on me.

4th. Emi was not thrust into this situation but went of her own accord. Therefore whether she can handle her situation or not is her fault, if she can't handle being a fish out of water she maybe shouldn't have rushed through some dimensional gate, no?

5th. She never lost her purpose, she can kill the demon lord at any time, she let several opportunities pass of her own accord. Her success or failure as the hero title she clings to still depends on her actions, she could have remained the hero of Enta Isle and taken out Maou and her being lost in another world doesn't eradicate how she'd be known back home.

6th. Unless decades have past I think she's given up hope too fast, her side all but won the war back home, why does she have no faith in her comrades to come get her, why does she not do any research to try and find a way to open a gate?

Team Chiho rules.

I like Emi as a character, but your conclusion at the end is still correct.

Houston Texans drafted OT Brennan Williams. Looks like he's a pretty big anime fan. https://twitter.com/GREATBLACKOTAKU

This is inciting a small riot over in NFLGaf. Too bad he's a houston Texan. At least hes not a dirty bird.

Too much precure in here.

There is no such thing as too much Precure.

maou-sama 4

Are you guys sure you could handle that?

Phi Brain 24

I like to imagine this show might be more watchable if they dropped the DEATH BY PUZZLES and instead made it a romcom where both the guy and that girl are in love with the same guy.

One of those mascot things in JewelPet is voiced by Miyukichi so I think I'm going to cave soon.

This is inciting a small riot over in NFLGaf. Too bad he's a houston Texan. At least hes not a dirty bird.

He likes Hidamari Sketch, so he's the only NFL player I even know of/care for.

Looking up Precure tampons managed to let me find a game based on Heartcatch Precure. It was managing a fashion store. I rather buy Style Savvy Trendsetters.... which I still want.

ANY WHO

Jewelpet Happiness Episode 1

Because asking if the Jewelpets are happy is a deep philosophical question.

So I guess we have our container for our collectathon adventures with mascots because why not, can't have enough of THOSE RIGHT!?

This caught me off guard right here. I'm starting to wonder if this plays on the genre that is merchandising anime, what with the iPhone rip off and furry things, but there's some humor in here!

Charisma Boy was pronounced in English, and just sounded so bad it was funny. SO MUCH EMPHASIS! Oh and the main lead girl has shit luck apparently, to the point that she fucked up the only sweets they could produce at the time.

This was rather funny. I might take a few more previews of this series before I consider investing, but it seems likely that I might take on Kira Deco at some point (most likely after I finish Suite and Smile). Oh and TRANSFORMING INTO MAID GIRL. This anime feels kinda bizarre.

Thoraxes

I know right?!

Lol. I figured you'd notice that.

You can tell just by the way the bodies are drawn that the artist's mind just works on a higher plane of existence.

It is a thing of beauty.

I'll start accepting pro athletes who are anime fans when they're also into sabermetrics. Then it will feel like my worlds really are colliding.
Maybe they're into more than one kind of sabermetrics.

mw82DAZ.png

Phi Brain 25

Well at least I'm done with this ugly show.

I liked DUELING WITH MAGICAL ALIENS MORE.

I also have no interest in watching season two anytime soon and possibly so I can hopefully watch something decent after back to back bad shows.

Dresden

railgun s - 03

As dumb as the entire Sisters arc is, it's all okay because it's cute girls doing cute things like drinking tea or molesting dolls or blowing up buildings.

So she paid 37,000 yen for those clothes, and then bought a pair of shoes, and then rented a hotel room just to get a place to change . . . 1%.

cajunator

Banned
You can tell just by the way the bodies are drawn that the artist's mind just works on a higher plane of existence.

It is a thing of beauty.

Maybe they're into more than one kind of sabermetrics.

mw82DAZ.png

lol thats what I pictured immediately before researching what that was.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Kira Deco! 04:

Don't fuck with Angela because she will end you. Mai petto.

After this episode, it would seem that this franchise isn't entirely unlike other franchises for young target demographics in the particular sense that lighthearted episodes are typically much more enjoyable than episodes with serious but very simplistic character growth. I've seen babby's first internal struggle/self-realization/etc. too many times to get much out of this sort of thing anymore.

Defuser

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S ep 3
This episode is abit slow but the tension is great when Misaka read out the plan. Looks like things will finally pick up at ep 4 then ep5 is when all the shit hits the fan.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
aoty if he did that

When am I finally going to get a body-swap anime that isn't a bait-and-switch like Kokoro Connect or implemented in the most mundane way possible like Valvrave?!? You're better (worse?) than this, anime industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom