• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Brennan Williams is my new favorite football player of all time.

He needs to work on his K-ON! best girl list, though. Ritsu > Mugi's eyebrows.

cajunator

Banned
Brennan Williams is my new favorite football player of all time.

He needs to work on his K-ON! best girl list, though. Ritsu > Mugi's eyebrows.

I'm invested in my New Orleans Saints players of course but outside of those, this dude is pretty much top of the list.
Anime swag and dont give a fuck. Good luck in the NFL.

Jarmel

Banned
So does anyone know what ufotable is up to? I understand there is the KnK movie coming out and another movie as well but that's as far as I know.

OceanBlue

Isn't the other movie the magic fantasy movie? It looks good. Definitely one of my more anticipated movies despite not remembering the name. I think it starts with Ma-.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jewelpet Kira Deco! 05:

xv6ixJw.jpg
l5wg1q0.jpg

An Iron Chef parody? Complete with music ripping off the theme from the Iron Chef opening credits? AMAZING

I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Let's just say that there's a lot of......uhh........interspecies affection. And how good is Opal? So good. She's basically Nanami in mascot form, and Sawashiro just totally owning the role in spite of (or because of) its absurdity makes the character a constant scene-stealer.

hosanna: the "morning after" scene was everything you made it out to be and then some. Ballsy stuff for a kids' show.

cajunator

Banned
Jewelpet Kira Deco! 05:

An Iron Chef parody? Complete with music ripping off the theme from the Iron Chef opening credits? AMAZING

I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Let's just say that there's a lot of......uhh........interspecies affection. And how good is Opal? So good. She's basically Nanami in mascot form, and Sawashiro just totally owning the role in spite of (or because of) its absurdity makes the character a constant scene-stealer.

hosanna: the "morning after" scene was everything you made it out to be and then some. Ballsy stuff for a kids' show.

OMG. Why does this all sound so incredible?

Narag

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 05:

So tempting.

Jex

I'm looking for an old, obscure anime film from the 50s or 60s. It had no dialogue, just music. A war was occurring in the background and it was released via fansub back in 04 or 05. I can't remember the damn name!

I assumed you meant either Momotarō no Umiwashi (1943) or Momotarō: Umi no Shinpei (1945), but both those movies have dialogue.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Mad Pierrot flashing his wares like a cheap watch salesman. You can't trick me!

I honestly don't know if I'm just tired and delirious and seeing entertainment where there really is none so huge grain of salt with these impressions.

I've made it through several shows by exclusively watching them at 3AM and being too tired to care what I'm watching.

Well yeah there's that, but I don't see the making things more entertaining fits in.

Although it makes sense that you're marathoning Kira Deco right now. I couldn't marathon Happiness considering I felt spent for the day.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Here is one data point as a preview, while I'm working on the rest.

http://i.imgur.com/SkkmQS7.jpg
Well honestly I use 100pp because it makes catching up on this thread seem like less of a burden. Take yesterday where I read 10 pages of nonsense. If I was on 50pp that would have been 20 and I may have just given up. Yes, I know it's the same number of posts but it's all psychological innit.

Kyoto Animation just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Free!, nor will they purchase any of Kyoto Animation's animes. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kyoto Animation has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kyoto Animation, publicly apologize and cancel Free! or you can kiss your business goodbye.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well yeah there's that, but I don't see the making things more entertaining fits in.

Although it makes sense that you're marathoning Kira Deco right now. I couldn't marathon Happiness considering I felt spent for the day.

I do have a lower amusement threshold when I'm really tired, but in this case I'm probably just affixing caveats to my enthusiasm in case several people take my recommendation and all end up hating it :lol

I also feel oddly bad about my pimping getting more reaction than hosanna's when he's the one with the impeccable taste.

Wait, isn't Kotaku named after the otaku, so they are self-proclaimed Japanese culture experts.? Like, shouldn't part of his job be knowing what a loli is?

It could even be a portmanteau of 子 (ko/child) and オタク (otaku)! LOLICON CONSPIRACY

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Schreier trolled us all.

He's probably laughing at us right now from his loli figurine filled mancave.

fertygo

Kyoto Animation just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Free!, nor will they purchase any of Kyoto Animation's animes. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kyoto Animation has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kyoto Animation, publicly apologize and cancel Free! or you can kiss your business goodbye.

No some mention to some yakuza conspiracy thing to money laundering, boo this man.

Jubern

Crosspost from the Gargantia thread, I just watched the first three episodes !

I just watched the first three episodes. I wanted to check this out and the polemic made me do it finally.

... And for the love of me, I can't understand how anyone in this thread can't see how Ledo's actions in 2 were wrong. You could argue that it depends of the viewpoint (Ledo or Gargantia) but it really happened only because neither Ledo nor Chambers get the first thing about normal human behaviour, which is further emphasized by them not understanding "Thanks" out of all things. Now that they'd been briefed, it won't happen again, and it just shouldn't IMO, as much wrong as these pirates can do.

All in one, I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out. Gargantia definitely grabbed me more here than MJP and Valvrave that I've been following for 3 weeks now. Hope it stays good!

I do have a lower amusement threshold when I'm really tired, but in this case I'm probably just affixing caveats to my enthusiasm in case several people take my recommendation and all end up hating it :lol

I think part of this might be necessary for Suite Precure if I change my plans.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
100ppp is a fucking nightmare if you browse GAF on your phone because of all the arseholes who quote gifs and images non-chalantly without breaking the image links. Also, every fucking time one of you fuckers makes a "HERE'S MY TOP FIFTY ANIME OPS EVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" list my phone ends up crashing since people quote the lists and I end up with a bazillion yootoob videos waiting to be opened.
I disable everything on mobileGAF cos I've only got 200MB a month. Though it's a bit weird because some pictures and gifs still creep through which is a right pain when you're bit watching.

I usually just find a long unread thread and read it on the bus. AnimeGAF is better on the laptop.

DLC costumes. Oh Capcom.

Nobody wants the last post? Fine, I'll take it just to say that I've been listening to the entire Hidamari Sketch OST tonight, and it really is marvelous. Soul-cleansing stuff.
I've been listening to this rendition f the Hidamari Sketch OP who knows how many time over the past few days. I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom