• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Attack on Titan] 07

And so began the great
2D non-mecha
anime of the year.

This show gets the award for most inappropriate insert songs ever.

NYARUKO OAV

Woah ..this episode was excellent .

But how many franchises , serie did they just insulted(trolling ) in only 14 minutes ?
-Kamen rider
-pretty cure
-accel world
-dragon ball Z
-men in black
-evangelion
-sailor moon

and i probably missed some.
There was a monster hunter reference too .
As a whole they totally showed their preference for super heroes shows instead of magical girls , but that didn't prevent them from using a magical transformation scene of high quality.!

How did you miss the Hyouka reference?
LUil0HO.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Funny you say that, cause one of the rumors for the next games is that to evolve one of the Pokemon, you'll have flip your 3DS upside when it levels to get it to evolve.

Is Kojima involved with XY in any way? This is some Psycho Mantis shit.

How did you miss the Hyouka reference?

I didn't ! I swear ! i just failed to report it !

------------------
Hunter x Hunter - 80
Now that was an episode i thought i was ready but i wasn't.

I still think it's a shame that they died even if those dead did move the plot forward a little.

Now i don't know why they added that flashback ..actually i think they padded a lot of thing since the start of the chimera arc and i'm not seeing the pay off any time soon.

Still it was a good episode , even if it was the one where those events happened.. i don't know how i will handle the rest at this rate :(

Pooya

Attack on Titan - 7

liked

cocky suicidal Mikasa was good, too bad it didn't last much, she should speak like that all the time.

seems very very obvious what's happening, still interested enough to see more but not sure if I like what they have next...

meh

Music choices are whatever, don't think they cared at all.

badbad

again all the poor character drama, I guess it's hilarious kinda so it's not too bad.

This almost topped the SAO suicide scene, you can pick that scene and caption some dialog on it for maximum hilarity
I can see the potential here lol.

Shergal

Gargantia 7

Dat
heart attack

As already said, the story seems so predictable now, that I'm not sure what's going to happen because I can't think they will play it straight.

The episode itself was pretty well constructed, I wonder if they're going to expand substantially on
Pinion's little drama and his backstory
or if it'll just be there to have a plot thread.

Ultimadrago

Half of it is balance, so like half males and half females.

And if I think if it would nicer to have a female or a male one. Like I remember in White 2 (which I am probably never going to finish), I spent a good deal of time trying to catch a decent nature, female with Technician Minccino. Of course, all of that went down the drain once I realized the game literally gives you a Skill Link Minccino. ._.

Coming from those rumors, it might seem best that one look up all possible "gimmes" before working themselves too hard.
Seriously, a fully trained starter?
Just a rumor, but that's somethin' else.

Hentai Ouji - 04

So the cold older sister was a
siscon all along
, and his dumber than expected ?

Iamokwiththis.jpg

Hentai%20Ouji%20to%20Warawanai%20Neko%20-%2004.jpg

Such cold worlds .
The translation is obviously : i'd rather die than not being able to love you.

This was a cool episode.

/XX/

Yeah, Seraphis Cain brought that up as well. I haven't read on that myself yet...
Precisely ultimatemegax talked about this not too long ago:

Twitter / ultimatemegax: Before people continue saying ... said:
Before people continue saying #nichijou was a bomb, remember that NHK (public station in Japan) wanted to buy more rights from the committee
https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/323120798753759233

Twitter / ultimatemegax: According to an interview in ... said:
According to an interview in NT, NHK and the committee had a big give-and-take before settling on the #nichijou E-Television version.
https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/323121421930864641

Twitter / ultimatemegax: @jet_moebro Basically they ... said:
@jet_moebro Basically they wanted more and to do additional education features, but they settled on just the E-Television version.
https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/323134423954513921

Not sure myself which Newtype number with that interview is the one, though...

Jex

Gargantia 7

The episode itself was pretty well constructed, I wonder if they're going to expand substantially on
Pinion's little drama and his backstory
or if it'll just be there to have a plot thread.

I can guarantee that they will expand open it soon enough because this doesn't feel like the kind of story where major character motivations just kind of happen by chance. Characters may dress up in extremely skimpy outfits and dance for no apparent reason but when it's focused on the 'serious business' everything feels very route and predictable. One more reason why I'd prefer it if the show focused more on the day to day aspects of Ledo integrating into the fleet but I guess it's time for the main story to kick off.

LooooooooooooooL

Hentai ouji - 05

This cat is such a troll i have no words.

Now the other side was full of friendship it was alright .

But damn if every character in this hasn't some serious issues to solve

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Gargantia] - 7

Speculation and spoilers:

Now that we can see that Hideazure/Squidthings don't attack unless provoked it raises the obvious question: have they ever attacked mankind without being provoked first? The only footage we've seen of them destroying colonies is propaganda and the only full scale attack we've seen is humans attacking them on their own territory. If the show is going to go in a fairly predictable direction, and I fear it might, then one would assume that the 'war' is a sham to keep humanity in check.

I see someone else has basically said the same thing above, which isn't that surprising. It seems almost too obvious that they will go in that direction.
It's better than my original idea that
Ledo actually traveled to the past and that this encounter with the Hideauze was what originated the war

Gundam Seed HD Remaster bd 38

Good fighting this episode but that whole ending moments
WHy would ORB self destruct themselves, didnt really seem wise but bigger than that, mind blown. The photo... Cagalli is related to Kira, what even? I thought it would be Athrun and Kira.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid 13

GOD DAMN. No matter how often I watch it, still such a great end to such a great series. From Gates' insane behavior and famous last words, to Sousuke utterly trashing his enemies in a glorious display of acrobatics and technicolor explosions. So good. The episode begins with Sousuke crashing, given the "revelations" of the previous episode. There's some brief faux symbolism and Sousuke dips very briefly into the Nietzche Wanna-be mood.

He has become precisely what Gauron wanted: a killer saint. As he accepts that
Kaname's dead
his eyes go terribly empty, and his ability to care about anything is put to an end. It's pretty scary to see Sousuke like this.

This is ended, of course, by his sudden and wonderful reunion with Kaname. Here Kaname offers the final scouring of Sousuke's character: You work too hard, don't tell anyone, reach your limits and broke. Pathetic. Coward. Idiot. You're useless. And humorously, this last piece is what breaks away everything that's been happening. Everyone had been tearing at Sousuke, and Gauron tore into him and as per his M.O. turned that pain into praise. Kaname's criticism, "You're useless" is essentially "You're one of us" to Sousuke's ears. She does say he's strong and kind, and that's part of their romance, but calling Sousuke useless is what frees him from everything. It only works because it's her, though.

Sousuke then proceeds to kick Gates' ass in a glorious way, tell Mythril HQ that they can shove it up their noses if they don't let him go back to guarding Kaname and attending Jindai High, and makes up with Tessa.

The closing scenes have Kaname finally break down and share with Sousuke that she, in turn, was afraid without him. Even in the last, post-credits scene, though, she can't spit it out.

This is such a good show, and it builds so well on what FMP! and Fumoffu set out for the characters. Romance and Mecha are two dangerous substances when combined. Sometimes it can poison and ruin a show (08th MS Team), but other times it can really pull it all together quite nicely. If you haven't seen The Second Raid, I urge you to watch the series. I've probably spoiled and ruined it, but if not, its the one show I can recommend to all. This is my favorite anime of all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gargantia 7

So, in a way, this episode suffers from some of the Eva 3.33 problems in as much as
all this shit happens because no one explains anything to each other. Ledo doesn't explain why the space squids are evil (you'd think a fancy Sugita-bot would have camera or video records of some sort?) and the fleet never explains that the squids are the most important and revered creatures in their mythology.
It's all very silly.

As for the episode itself, if I allow my brain to shut off for 20 minutes, I still appreciate the world and the inevitable
Pandora's box that they will find when they reach the space squid treasure trove. I just hope that the inevitable twist isn't something Lindelof-y, or I will flip a 2D table and VVV will end up being the best Mecha anime of the season. :(

Dead

well not really...yet
I dunno if this was discussed already or nor, but is it just me or is the Gargantia OP song kinda...90s-ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom