• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This sounds familiar, so apologies if already posted:

Coffin Princess Chaika Anime Planned
Reminds me of this for some reason. lol
HowFIMp.jpg

Lol, I'll consider it for later, but if I had time I'd probably watch Mushishi first. A friend of mine said it seemed like something I'd like and I'm interested in seeing this type of storytelling.

Mushishi is about as close as you can get to a perfect television show. Each episode is its own self-contained masterpiece about the sweet and bitter consequences of humans getting mixed up with the supernatural. You should definitely check it out, especially now that we're getting a second season.

OceanBlue

Edit: I'm probably not explaining this very well am I?
Nah, you're explaining it fine. To a certain extent, we probably aren't thinking of the series the same way because you read the manga and I watched the OVAs, lol. Plus, it's not like I didn't like it. I enjoyed it, but I just enjoyed the first OVAs better. :)

Mushishi is really fucking good, and worth checking out regardless of your usual interests.
Mushishi is about as close as you can get to a perfect television show. Each episode is its own self-contained masterpiece about the sweet and bitter consequences of humans getting mixed up with the supernatural. You should definitely check it out, especially now that we're getting a second season.
Lol, wow. With recommendations like these, how can I not get excited for it? I'll probably check it out when I have more time. OVAs are easier to find time for than a series but hopefully I can make the time somewhere.

OceanBlue

I just read the description for Coffin Princess Chaika from Crunchyroll and, unless the manga is massively different from the light novels, the description is really misleading. It sounds like he's a normal person who gets transported into a magical fantasy world and that's completely not the case, lol.

Narag

Sounds so good

OceanBlue

So here's how I would describe Coffin Princess Chaika:

The main character, Toru Acura, was someone who was bred for war, but the war ended before he could fight. Because of this, he spends his time lazing (hence the hikkomori description). He is supported by his sister, also bred for war, who takes jobs from the guild both belong to for money. She eventually forces the main character into looking for work, and he runs into a magician who is being attacked (by a unicorn lol). After saving her, she asks to hire them to help her retrieve magical items that she is looking for and the three go on their journey.

Lol, it isn't anything amazing but the Crunchyroll description sounds awful. Using a bad description like that and loading it with words like hikkomori makes it feel like it's one of those, "Regular otaku gets sent to a magical world," and that's not what it's about.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So here's how I would describe Coffin Princess Chaika:

The main character, Toru Acura, was someone who was bred for war, but the war ended before he could fight. Because of this, he spends his time lazing (hence the hikkomori description). He is supported by his sister, also bred for war, who takes jobs from the guild both belong to for money. She eventually forces the main character into looking for work, and he runs into a magician who is being attacked (by a unicorn lol). After saving her, she asks to hire them to help her retrieve magical items that she is looking for and the three go on their journey.

Lol, it isn't anything amazing but the Crunchyroll description sounds awful. Using a bad description like that and loading it with words like hikkomori makes it feel like it's one of those, "Regular otaku gets sent to a magical world," and that's not what it's about.
Oh but it could be! The magic of adaptation.

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! - 3

HAI, JAPANESE PRETTAI GURLS!

How I love my Engrish in anime. Once again, another good episode.

Whenever I see them in the robots while they're invisible, I keep thinking of how their entire cover could be blown if a bird just so happened to shit over them.

I loved the scene where she Chidori assaults them. When she walked away, I thought "oh she ain't even mad" but NOPE!

Shit looks like it's about to get real in the next episode. Seeing how the missions over for them, I wonder if Sousuke brought any equipment with him.

This isn't really spoilers, but their cover doesn't get blown by birds because birds and dogs hate going near the mecha with their ECS/Invisibility mode engaged. Something about the ECS having a strong ozone smell and being visible to birds still. The basic idea is average animals don't go near an Arm Slave.

You don't even know what hilariously bad is*. Slayers dub is just tiresome.

*Although you should! Garzey's Wing dub is a must-see.

Nothing is as good as General Septum. That's a gold standard.

Full Metal Panic! - 4

Fitting in both suspense and hilarity. Nice.

The garbage man line during the fight scene was brilliant.

So Sousuke is going to go directly towards Chidori? I pray that his career doesn't get harmed because of that.

Sousuke balancing his career and his feelings for Kaname's a big part of his character in the show.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nothing is as good as General Septum. That's a gold standard.
*looks up on youtube*

Hah, that's pretty good, but there are better examples in this world. Like I said, you need to branch out.

There's also the AB Group dub of DBZ movies 1-9, but those are harder to come by.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm so disappointed that Full Metal Panic and its sequels are no longer on Netflix Instant Watch. I was looking forward to watching the sequels, and I look this morning and nope, not available.

Syrinx

Mysterious Girlfriend X 7

I was considering dropping this show as the episode progressed, but then Jrabe showed Tsubaki's locker tag on her thigh, which convinced me to give it one more chance. She really is carrying the whole show on her back now. Its become pretty standard romcom material otherwise.

Metrotab

Banned
I really should get around to start watching the second season of FMP. Such a likable cast.

Samurai Champloo - 19

Crazy to see Christianity used as a cult. I actually wonder how the Japanese rulers dealt with Christianity back in the day. Some of Jesus's language really makes it sound like the religion is aimed at overthrowing the authorities (King of Kings and Lord of Lords). Wouldn't be the first time it got the religion in trouble.

Naruto Dub ~24
Caught up with Toonami's airing of the dub, Naruto is still the worst popular thing I've ever experienced. Naruto himself is incredibly annoying and I never want to root for him, Sasuke is an ass and Sakura is just as annoying as Naruto. The only decent character is Kakashi mostly cause he trolls the shit out of his team. The Chunin exam is the first really great arc and so far the anime has done a good job of adapting it, far better then the way they adapted the land of waves arc seriously that was horribly dragged out for no reason.

Now that I'm caught up on that dub I guess I'll start on

Bleach Dub 1-4

Early Bleach really was fantastic, English cast as a whole is great and sucks me into the world. JYB gonna JYB as Ichigo but as I'm a fan of JYB I'm not going to complain. I plan give the various filler arcs a chance to at least be entertaining, if they're awful I'll just skip them.

Date a Live 08
Rankings: Origami = Tohka > Yoshino >>>>>>>>>>>> Kurumi

How does Kurumi have money to spend?
I guess she could have just stolen it from the people she ate

Is Tohka aware that Shido's got this harem thing he's gotta do? I mean, Yoshino knows it already and is cool with it.

Naruto Dub ~24
Caught up with Toonami's airing of the dub, Naruto is still the worst popular thing I've ever experienced. Naruto himself is incredibly annoying and I never want to root for him, Sasuke is an ass and Sakura is just as annoying as Naruto. The only decent character is Kakashi mostly cause he trolls the shit out of his team. The Chunin exam is the first really great arc and so far the anime has done a good job of adapting it, far better then the way they adapted the land of waves arc seriously that was horribly dragged out for no reason.

Now that I'm caught up on that dub I guess I'll start on

Bleach Dub 1-4

Early Bleach really was fantastic, English cast as a whole is great and sucks me into the world. JYB gonna JYB as Ichigo but as I'm a fan of JYB I'm not going to complain. I plan give the various filler arcs a chance to at least be entertaining, if they're awful I'll just skip them.

Sasuke's english voice is perfect and amazing. I always read the manga/doujin imagining that as his voice. The anime really took off for me once they got out of the forest stuff and was just into the room for the ones on ones and etc.

The Bleach filler arcs are at least worth seeing for the fights, only one thats slightly not good is because of a really annoying character.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Samurai Champloo - 19

Crazy to see Christianity used as a cult. I actually wonder how the Japanese rulers dealt with Christianity back in the day. Some of Jesus's language really makes it sound like the religion is aimed at overthrowing the authorities (King of Kings and Lord of Lords). Wouldn't be the first time it got the religion in trouble.

Punishable by death from the sakoku to the Meiji restoration.

Do you know anything about the light novel? I like the manga, but it's monthly and hasn't gotten too far.

Not myself since i've seen/read neither the manga nor the novel but i have a friend that won't stop talking about it.

From what i've gathered both have similar stories.

Now that there is an anime , i might have another reason to start reading this one

Sasuke's english voice is perfect and amazing. I always read the manga/doujin imagining that as his voice. The anime really took off for me once they got out of the forest stuff and was just into the room for the ones on ones and etc.

The Bleach filler arcs are at least worth seeing for the fights, only one thats slightly not good is because of a really annoying character.

Sorry if I was unclear, the only English voice I dislike is Sakura not because the voice doesn't match the character but because half the time her actress doesn't sound into the role and when she is it's always for the annoying scenes like the inner monologues or the awkward "Oh Sasuke" scenes. I think Yuri Lowenthal does a fantastic job as Sasuke, my complaint is really more with the actual plot and direction the series took. Kind of like my issue with Attack on Titan manga that I've argued before in the manga thread.

Metrotab

Banned
Punishable by death from the sakoku to the Meiji restoration.

Like I expected. Did they take the same offense the Romans did (considering them rebellious) or was it merely religious purity?

Welcome to the NHK! - 19

Damn, what happened to the art in this episode? Did the budget run out?

Wow, nipples!

Theonik

Let's make that even better.

Direct link to the BlazBlue Alter Memory teaser:

http://www.twitch.tv/kurushii/b/405384670?t=326m9s

From before:
Director: Hideki Tachibana
Assistant Director: Seiji Mizushima (FMA, Gundam 00)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Mysterious Girlfriend X)

Also the animation production will be a collaboration between teamKG, which seems to be some studio no one has ever heard of, and Hoods Entertainment (Qwaser of Stigmata, Mysterious Girlfriend X). Character design is Tomoyki Shitaya (Bakuman, Hatsukoi Limited).

This seems to be the official site: http://blazblue-am.jp

Listed on the cast page currently are Ragna, Noel, Jin, Rachel, Hazama, Taokaka, Litchi, Tager, Tsubaki, Kokonoe, and Makoto.
Ah, yissss.

That's not a mudkip. Why is this not a mudip?

What in the world... lol
If I told you that the jet came out of a black hole from under her skirt and she then rode off on it to escape, does this make it any better?

OceanBlue

Not myself since i've seen/read neither the manga nor the novel but i have a friend that won't stop talking about it.

From what i've gathered both have similar stories.

Now that there is an anime , i might have another reason to start reading this one

I'm hoping it gets a decent staff working on it. The anime should be pretty entertaining. It's a pretty clean fantasy as far as anime goes (doesn't break the fourth wall or reference otaku culture at all if I remember correctly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom