• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holo sucks.

*runs away*

I disaprove

I can't belive you of all beings would say something like this
This is yet another one of the misteries of the universe.

Disapointed.gif

-----------
Hentai ouji - 06

Excellent episode , both in terms of develloppement and hentai-like things.

Next time i eat tofu it won't be the same anymore ..

Holo sucks.

*runs away*

tumblr_ma068ai4mD1r5twrj.gif

CorvoSol

Slayers 11

Did they just slip in a BDSM joke? Wow that flew WAY over my head as a kid. Is the attack "Call Me Queen" from FF4TAY a reference to this, too? Oh man I forgot about the Paci-Fist Punch. And Amelia's English VA is so baaaaaaad.

Really, all the English VAs for this show are horrible, but there's some kind of magical nostalgia barrier around them that prevents me from watching it in Japanese.

jgminto

Gargantia 7

So this is where the story is going? What a shame. It feels so obvious I was hoping they'd do something different. Oh well. The female characters in this show really annoy me. Don't fucking explain shit to the new guy and then get angry at him.
I laughed when they pointed guns at Ledo. Chamber could take them out in an instant if he wanted to.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Slayers 11

Did they just slip in a BDSM joke? Wow that flew WAY over my head as a kid. Is the attack "Call Me Queen" from FF4TAY a reference to this, too? Oh man I forgot about the Paci-Fist Punch. And Amelia's English VA is so baaaaaaad.

Really, all the English VAs for this show are horrible, but there's some kind of magical nostalgia barrier around them that prevents me from watching it in Japanese.
Just make the switch. If the dub isn't either good or hilariously bad, then kick it to the curb.

Jex

Gargantia 7

So this is where the story is going? What a shame. It feels so obvious I was hoping they'd do something different. Oh well. The female characters in this show really annoy me. Don't fucking explain shit to the new guy and then get angry at him.
I laughed when they pointed guns at Ledo. Chamber could take them out in an instant if he wanted to.

As long as he wasn't underwater, because then he'd be useless.

Also, is it just me or is Chamber really bad at locating their position relative to the rest of the galaxy? How much more of space do you need to see mate!

Doki Doki Precure 16

Wooooooooooooooo

Regina Selfishness 20/10
Regina cuteness when she is having fun 10/10
Dokidoki%20Precure%20-%2016_01.jpg

No she doesn't !!
This episode : 10/10

Damn if regina isn't the BEST character in a while .. She is like "joker" in smile, a delicious light outshining the other characters.
Damn impressive.
Dokidoki%20Precure%20-%2016_02.jpg

War tactics for dummies 2.0
The episode itself was fairly predictable but they did it well.
The skit at the start was nice too.

Other mentions :
-MakopI being honnest
-How to make great black tea ( or not )
-"i'll just erase the school"
Dokidoki%20Precure%20-%2016_03.jpg

So happy EVEN the writters pointed out how that scene was ridiculous.
Clearly No one , no cure so far would even attempt to do that.
Creating selfishness out of nothing is broken but that fit the character so it's fine. Can't wait to see how they will handle the rest of the events.

CorvoSol

Just make the switch. If the dub isn't either good or hilariously bad, then kick it to the curb.

I kinda feel that hilariously bad is precisely how I'd describe the dub.

Gun x Sword 8

So Van's picked up another annoying kid, and his exasperated "why me?" is not without warrant. In this episode he and Ray teamed up to slay a dragon, whose pilot had been dead for a long time.

WAIT.

Is the bad guy Dr. Klaww?

OH MY GOD WENDY DOES LOOK LIKE PENNY.

OH MY GOD GUN X SWORD IS INSPECTOR GADGET.

Full Metal Panic! - 3

HAI, JAPANESE PRETTAI GURLS!

How I love my Engrish in anime. Once again, another good episode.

Whenever I see them in the robots while they're invisible, I keep thinking of how their entire cover could be blown if a bird just so happened to shit over them.

I loved the scene where she Chidori assaults them. When she walked away, I thought "oh she ain't even mad" but NOPE!

Shit looks like it's about to get real in the next episode. Seeing how the missions over for them, I wonder if Sousuke brought any equipment with him.

Taruranto

Also, is it just me or is Chamber really bad at locating their position relative to the rest of the galaxy? How much more of space do you need to see mate!
Yeah, they are really stenching it. They have been there for weeks now, and with his power and the stars i really have hard time believing it would take so much time.

JCG

Gun x Sword 8

WAIT.

Is the bad guy Dr. Klaww?

OH MY GOD WENDY DOES LOOK LIKE PENNY.

OH MY GOD GUN X SWORD IS INSPECTOR GADGET.

Yes, and that makes it both more awesome and one of the better things derived from Inspector Gadget (not that there is much competition).

OceanBlue

Mmm... just watched the second set of YKK OVAs and I don't feel that they were as good as the first set. They managed to be less focused than the first set despite actually having a storyline to them. Maybe there was supposed to be supplementary material that I missed out on, but I don't feel as if a lot of the scenes conveyed a clear feeling like in the first set of OVAs.

Lol, I just reread this post and I sound pretty vague. I guess that's how I evaluate anime though.

Mr.Jeff

Mmm... just watched the second set of YKK OVAs and I don't feel that they were as good as the first set. They managed to be less focused than the first set despite actually having a storyline to them. Maybe there was supposed to be supplementary material that I missed out on, but I don't feel as if a lot of the scenes conveyed a clear feeling like in the first set of OVAs.

Lol, I just reread this post and I sound pretty vague. I guess that's how I evaluate anime though.
YKK is a pretty vague series as it is. There's not really much of a storyline beyond some of the interactions of the characters and their development and there's a fair number of chapters where they're very much one-off instances.

I keep meaning to try the OVAs myself but I kinda have my own impressions of the series through the manga and something else will just overwrite them. I hear the music is quite good though.

Attack on Titan 7

Finally the part I've been waiting for and it didn't disappoint.
Glad they put in the work to make the Titan on Titan fight a spectacle.
Also lol at the
suicide. I think he have a worthy replacement for the SAOsuicide.gif

Full Metal Panic! - 4

Fitting in both suspense and hilarity. Nice.

The garbage man line during the fight scene was brilliant.

So Sousuke is going to go directly towards Chidori? I pray that his career doesn't get harmed because of that.

OceanBlue

YKK is a pretty vague series as it is. There's not really much of a storyline beyond some of the interactions of the characters and their development and there's a fair number of chapters where they're very much one-off instances.

I keep meaning to try the OVAs myself but I kinda have my own impressions of the series through the manga and something else will just overwrite them. I hear the music is quite good though.

The music is lovely. My problem with the scenes isn't that there wasn't a storyline or that there were one-shot scenes. I just feel as if many of the scenes only served to show us what the characters are doing. That's nice for people who are fans of the manga (which is why I was wondering if I should find supplementary material), but the characters weren't particularly doing anything interesting. Even Alpha's journey doesn't feel as if she has reached any sort of revelation or development through it. That's why I enjoyed the first OVAs more. There wasn't as much of a storyline, but there was a larger sense of the characters changing.

Mr.Jeff

The music is lovely. My problem with the scenes isn't that there wasn't a storyline or that there were one-shot scenes. I just feel as if many of the scenes only served to show us what the characters are doing. That's nice for people who are fans of the manga (which is why I was wondering if I should find supplementary material), but the characters weren't particularly doing anything interesting. Even Alpha's journey doesn't feel as if she has reached any sort of revelation or development through it. That's why I enjoyed the first OVAs more. There wasn't as much of a storyline, but there was a larger sense of the characters changing.
I probably can't comment fully on this without having seen them but by and large that's a large part of what happens in the manga at least. There's numerous examples of things being introduced into the series that ultimately never get resolved or expanded on any further. Even the ending for the series is ridiculously vague and in some aspects; really unsatisfying.

That said there's a lot to like about the way it approaches some of transience of what goes on around them, kind of like the authour is saying "stuff happens, so what".

Hunter x Hunter 80

I don't remember any of this Gyro business. Just one more reason Togashi needs to stop being a lazy fuck.

Ponzu's death
was damn graphic, even if it was censored. I have no idea how they're going to do
Pokkle's.
It's not really something that can just be implied, and it's damn important.

Syrinx

Mysterious Girlfriend X 6

This show is starting to drag its feet a little. I'm starting to lose interest. I'll give it another couple of episodes to get itself together.

OceanBlue

I probably can't comment fully on this without having seen them but by and large that's a large part of what happens in the manga at least. There's numerous examples of things being introduced into the series that ultimately never get resolved or expanded on any further. Even the ending for the series is ridiculously vague and in some aspects; really unsatisfying.

That said there's a lot to like about the way it approaches some of transience of what goes on around them, kind of like the authour is saying "stuff happens, so what".

I think I'm used to things being resolved when they are introduced in fiction. I'm guess I'm not used to this type of storytelling, lol. Does the manga spend time on the things it introduces? Maybe the two OVAs tried to cover too much.

This sounds familiar, so apologies if already posted:

Coffin Princess Chaika Anime Planned

The September issue of Dragon Magazine, on sale July 20, will formerly announce that Scrapped Princess author Sakaki Ichirou's Hitsugime no Chaika (Coffin Princess Chaika) light novel series is set to be adapted into anime. The fantasy follows a hikikomori, who, went sent out of the house to find a job, successively meets a silver-haired girl carrying a coffin, is attacked by a unicorn and is sent to a fantasy world.

Mr.Jeff

I think I'm used to things being resolved when they are introduced in fiction. I'm guess I'm not used to this type of storytelling, lol. Does the manga spend time on the things it introduces? Maybe the two OVAs tried to cover too much.
Well it's been a while since I've read it but there are things like (and this is spoiler territory so read and quote at your own risk):
The identity and situation of Alpha's master, the purpose behind the bizarre stone statues that are around the place, what precisely is the giant airplane type ship that is high in the atmosphere and what is its purpose, the fate of the old man as the series approaches the end and finally what happens to Alpha and her cafe in the last chapter; is she still there, has she moved on.

That's probably not half of all of the unexplained mysteries but it has been a good few years since I last read it properly.

It's a pretty unusual series overall really but I think that whole tone of never really answering the mysteries it raises works in its favour. The only thing I can think of that's slightly comparable would be Mushishi. While it's far more structured and coherent in its episodes, ultimately it never resolves anything to do with Ginko or have an overall plotline aside from Ginko going around doing things.

I would certainly recommend the manga though; I'm not sure it'll help you feel anymore satisfied but it does have some wonderfully done chapters.

Edit: I'm probably not explaining this very well am I?

OceanBlue

This sounds familiar, so apologies if already posted:

Coffin Princess Chaika Anime Planned
Ah hey, I'm reading the manga for this. It's okay. I'll be looking forward to it, especially since Tokyo Raven's staff kinda flopped with me. :(
It's a pretty unusual series overall really but I think that whole tone of never really answering the mysteries it raises works in its favour. The only thing I can think of that's slightly comparable would be Mushishi. While it's far more structured and coherent in its episodes, ultimately it never resolves anything to do with Ginko or have an overall plotline aside from Ginko going around doing things.

I would certainly recommend the manga though; I'm not sure it'll help you feel anymore satisfied but it does have some wonderfully done chapters.
Lol, I'll consider it for later, but if I had time I'd probably watch Mushishi first. A friend of mine said it seemed like something I'd like and I'm interested in seeing this type of storytelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom