• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gargantia 7

beena while since a not lewd slice of life eps. I really do hope the whales mean nothing... I just don't want it to go through the obvious shounen cliffhanger ending thingy.

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 26-End

So...I'm a teensy bit disappointed in the deus ex machina component of the ending. You know...she was so full of hope that she inspired the prince and shone a light that turned all Tue crows back to people... kinda lame. Was pretty awesome seeing her dancing as a duck though, and seeing that much or the strength she had was her own.

Liked the ending otherwise though. Mytho and Rue live happily. So good for Rue. And Fakir is going to write stories of hope. And Duck is gonna keep being a duck. She seems happy though. Cause that's who she truly is.

And was that Mr. Cat with kittens? It better have been.

In the end, this was a story of characters suffering existential crises, asking themselves who they are and what their purpose really was. They find the answers by rejecting the roles set up for them, and decide to do what was best for them, what would make them be their true selves.

I really liked this show and I recommend it.

CorvoSol

We're still talking about Kiddy Grade right?

Right.

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam 3

I know this show is supposed to be more light hearted than Zeta (or basically Tomino and everyone involved with Gundam had gone insane at this point), but they can't be serious with this Mashmyre guy, can they? I mean, he kind of sort of monologued while Judau and Fa escaped. Has to be a joke villain.

And I kind of like that Judau sucks at piloting the Zeta. Nice to see a would-be Gundamjacker fail for a change.

The true sign we've all lost it, though, is that Bright, based on his experiences with Amuro and Kamile, decides to let Judau "steal" the Zeta, and this comes off as a reasonable, rational, and perhaps even prescient decision.

We're through the looking glass, kids. Prepare for a wild, wild ride.

K-On! 3

2X5Qz.jpg

There are boys in this photo. Why are there boys in this photo!?

We explore how Yui is effectively dumb, but is capable of retaining something in her brain.... but she forgets other stuff.

I like how we get some info behind Yui's friendship with glasses girl, who I forget because she loses her place to everyone else.

And Ui is a good girl indeed!

Have you never had the curiosity of playing as a female avatar when a video game gives you the chance?

Why would I, a male, choose to, in a game that gives you the option, play as a female character. How could I relate to the onscreen avatar?

That being said, I did have a play through mass effect as a male in the first and then as a female in the entire universe, mainly because the male default design was awful and distasteful, the voice actor was great, and it was kind of a captivating idea to be a minority pioneer in the frontiers of space with Williams.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
90% of my MMO characters are female.

Just thought I'd leave that out there.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Princess Tutu 26-End

So...I'm a teensy bit disappointed in the deus ex machina component of the ending. You know...she was so full of hope that she inspired the prince and shone a light that turned all Tue crows back to people... kinda lame. Was pretty awesome seeing her dancing as a duck though, and seeing that much or the strength she had was her own.

Liked the ending otherwise though. Mytho and Rue live happily. So good for Rue. And Fakir is going to write stories of hope. And Duck is gonna keep being a duck. She seems happy though. Cause that's who she truly is.

And was that Mr. Cat with kittens? It better have been.

In the end, this was a story of characters suffering existential crises, asking themselves who they are and what their purpose really was. They find the answers by rejecting the roles set up for them, and decide to do what was best for them, what would make them be their true selves.

I really liked this show and I recommend it.
And now it's time for you to write the obligatory
Fakir becomes a duck so that he can stay forever with Duck
fanfic.

You earned this amv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZqxecCukg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
90% of my MMO characters are female.

Just thought I'd leave that out there.

100% for me. I refuse to play MMO's that don't give you the option to choose your sex.

Fortunately for me, all the good ones currently out/or in development, do.

CorvoSol

The same way you relate to a male avatar who is in a completely foreign environment and context to you: imagination *spooky waving hands*

Tell me more of this mystic force you have discovered, sensei.

Code Geass R2 2

GEASS POWERS FOR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Defuser

This sounds familiar, so apologies if already posted:

Coffin Princess Chaika Anime Planned
The September issue of Dragon Magazine, on sale July 20, will formerly announce that Scrapped Princess author Sakaki Ichirou's Hitsugime no Chaika (Coffin Princess Chaika) light novel series is set to be adapted into anime. The fantasy follows a hikikomori, who, went sent out of the house to find a job, successively meets a silver-haired girl carrying a coffin, is attacked by a unicorn and is sent to a fantasy world.

MKd5kkJ.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Video games allow me to fulfill my life's two most unattainable fantasies: slaughtering hundreds of people without repercussion and being a cute/hot girl.

survivor

Banned
Photo Kano 7

Well the first half was rather ugly and very boring, but somehow the tone changed in the second and got much better especially that flashback. Outside of that, I don't see the point of watching it. And thinking about it, I don't even know why I got hyped, it's not like I know what Yuasa actually did or if his contributions even changed anything since it's not like I watched the previous episodes.

There was some quick photo montage near the end that was pretty neat. I'd wish there was more of that stuff instead of creepy perverted high school boys trying to take cleavage shots of girls.

JCG

Honestly that was the point where I was felt disappointed. Geass is what made Lelouch unique. Now everybody's got it!

I'd sincerely agree, since it did make him less unique and complicated the situation. That said, they had already shown in season one that Geass wasn't exclusively limited to Lelouch and that other people knew about it. I guess the creators had two options. Either they treated those cases as isolated exceptions, which would mean Lelouch remains largely uncontested in that field of ability, or they pull the curtain of mystery back and show that his enemies also have access to similar things. Which is what they did...with questionable results.

Eclair means Lightning? OH BOY THEY SHOULDA NAMED LIGHTNING FROM FFXIII THAT INSTEAD.
Loool
Sarcasm. I dunno, I'm just saying things.

CAJUN WHY ARE TWO LITTLE GIRLS KISSING ON THE MOUTH IN THIS SHOW?
Why shouldn't they ?
The various pairing are obvious and hard to miss
I thought Eclair was a pastry? Since when did the Japanese think it was okay to name their characters after pastries?

Eclair is a pastry when you add something else in the name like
"Eclair au chocolat" , "Eclair à la vanille"
(chocolate eclair , vanilla eclair )

And besides you can really name your characters anything you want as long as you've got a solid theme.

K-On! 3

There are boys in this photo. Why are there boys in this photo!?

We explore how Yui is effectively dumb, but is capable of retaining something in her brain.... but she forgets other stuff.

I like how we get some info behind Yui's friendship with glasses girl, who I forget because she loses her place to everyone else.

And Ui is a good girl indeed!

Nodoka!

N
O
D
O
K
A

Glasses Girl

Next episode is one of my favorites!

Articalys

It seems that once again having my computer crash and being away for a whole day means I missed absolutely nothing of importance. No news, no overblown reactions to shows, nothing. How boring.

mAcOdIn

Omigawa
Et tu, mAc?
What does this mean? Not literally what does it mean but what do you mean? Are you implying that I've betrayed you by liking Omigawa? For the record I've been an Omigawa believer since 2011?
Full Metal Panic! - 1
I gotta say, it's nice to see an anime where the main character isn't some existentialist deep man contemplating on changing the world, but instead is well, just a regular soldier dude.
Lolololololol.

I take offense to this, there's no way in hell Sousuke's a regular soldier dude. I've known hundreds of regular soldier dudes and not a one has acted like that.

That said, I do like the first arc of Full Metal Panic.

Gargantia
Also, is it just me or is Chamber really bad at locating their position relative to the rest of the galaxy? How much more of space do you need to see mate!
Is it really that easy? Wouldn't it be less about seeing more angles of space and instead seeing the same space over an extended time frame that'd he'd need to make an accurate prediction as to where they are? Glad I'm no astronomer though, I can claim ignorance on the matter.

Anyways, as some have suggested I think that
the war being a ploy by the humans in power to keep order, keep the population down, yadda, yadda may be likely. It'd also make more sense that they still do know where Earth is and just don't fucking tell anybody because that'd have the possibility of ending the whole thing.

What I think is more important though that no one else mentioned is that, apparently, Chamber wanted to work last episode? I mean, it makes some sense that he'd be fairly autonomous to a degree and a lot of his behavior in the first episode makes sense, putting the pilot to sleep, sending a distress signal, that's something that I can see a combat ship AI doing on its own, deciding it should fish? I think that's opening a new can of worms here.

I've seen some speculate
that they may inadvertently transfer command of Chamber to someone bad and they may be led to a crises through that means but what if Chamber himself just up and decides that the normal going-ons of the Gargantia people or the people on Earth in General is against his mission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom