• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
hidamari sketch sp1

The museum! The pool! Pajama party!

Like the op. still not really a nazuna fan. Just feels like her cute is forced. :/

You know, been wondering. The hell is that green snail mascot thing?

SP 1 is such a great episode. Love the museum stuff.

And the SP OP is one of my favorites. JAN~KEN~PON!

The "green snail mascot thing" is Ume-sensei! :lol Basically it's the manga author's avatar. She even voices it herself!

Jintor

At least it didn't take you 500 episodes to reach the breaking point like it did me.

I told ya bro! Read the manga and then check out stuff like the 6th Movie & the Nami TV special once you've caught up.

I realised they'd been on that goddamn beach with the cat pirates for like 5 episodes, then they were on that goddamn restaurant for 3 episodes and then pirate don being mad about food was taking like an entire episode to resolve and I was just like 'fuck this'

5 episodes in Bodacious Space Pirates would've been (and indeed has been) an entire arc. Slightly rushed, yes, but pretty neatly resolved, etc

hidamari sketch sp1

The museum! The pool! Pajama party!

Like the op. still not really a nazuna fan. Just feels like her cute is forced. :/

You know, been wondering. The hell is that green snail mascot thing?

How'd it take you this long to question who Ume-sensei was?

Also Nazuna is natural adorableness, especially due to Omigawa being heart attack inducing.

wonzo

Banned
I realised they'd been on that goddamn beach with the cat pirates for like 5 episodes, then they were on that goddamn restaurant for 3 episodes and then pirate don being mad about food was taking like an entire episode to resolve and I was just like 'fuck this'
Haha, welcome to shonen anime pacing. The only currently long running shonen series that don't drag n for multiple episodes at a time are really the new Hunter x Hunter series and Gintama when it isn't on break.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Lesbian Soldier Sailor Moon S] 096
jlsnTyV.jpg
vGJ5tJg.jpg
In this episode we learn that all teenage girls are secretly lesbians. I was expecting Ami to be the one with this storyline, but it makes sense in a lot of ways that Makoto would fall in love with Haruka.
I was almost worried there for a moment when Uranus and Jupiter had to fight! True love perseveres!

Very sexy episode too. The show in general has become a lot more sexually charged. I don't wanna begin to imagine what kind of butchering this went through when dubbing. (NSFW)
Can you hear that? It's the sound that races through the End of the World!
dat Neptune

CorvoSol

That movie is sooooooo good.
Gary Oldman just owns his role. He was also lots of fun as Jean Batiste Emmanuel Zorg in Fifth element.

Ah, Fifth Element. Such a good, silly Sci Fi.

Speaking of:

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet 7

That has to be the most convenient
heart attack
since Metal Gear Solid.

That said, Ledo squeezing that thing to death was brutal and amazing. Interesting to see him relapse, but I kind of hope this show doesn't go the route of "LET'S HAVE A GIANT SPACE FLOWER THAT MEANS PEACE AND MAKES THE MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE KILLED OKAY" that Gundam 00 went.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
[Lesbian Soldier Sailor Moon S] 096

In this episode we learn that all teenage girls are secretly lesbians. I was expecting Ami to be the one with this storyline, but it makes sense in a lot of ways that Makoto would fall in love with Haruka.
I was almost worried there for a moment when Uranus and Jupiter had to fight! True love perseveres!

Very sexy episode too. The show in general has become a lot more sexually charged. I don't wanna begin to imagine what kind of butchering this went through when dubbing. (NSFW)

Can you hear that? It's the sound that races through the End of the World!

dat Neptune
They're just excited because the cousins are in town!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S]
No, Makoto is not lesbian. She's pathologically heterosexual. Anything that evokes a "SOKKURI DA..." and she's in love.
Her attraction for Haruka in this episode didn't strike me as just her remembering her old senpai. I got the impression she just admired how Haruka was a boyish girl who happened to be very feminine once you met her. Makoto's conversation with Usagi earlier on and the conclusion with her going out to buy a scarf implies she happens to find something of herself inside Haruka.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Her attraction for Haruka in this episode didn't strike me as just her remembering her old senpai. I got the impression she just admired how Haruka was a boyish girl who happened to be very feminine once you met her. Makoto's conversation with Usagi earlier on and the conclusion with her going out to buy a scarf implies she happens to find something of herself inside Haruka.
No, you're entirely right there, but it's undeniable that Makoto's sexual orientation is for her sempai.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Rei is obsessed with Usagi, and we all know she is using that Yamcha guy as a facade for Mamoru picking Usagi.
Is this the premise of your fanfic?
No, you're entirely right there, but it's undeniable that Makoto's sexual orientation is for her sempai.
Haruka can fix her. I bet Makoto is hoping for that too!
They're just excited because the cousins are in town!
You and your "faux-yuri" propaganda!
Honestly, I don't think that any of the senshi are particularly shippable with each other.
Usagi and Minako are made for each other.

Haha, welcome to shonen anime pacing. The only currently long running shonen series that don't drag n for multiple episodes at a time are really the new Hunter x Hunter series and Gintama when it isn't on break.

If we're purely talking arc length, Hunter x Hunter won't be hitting it out of the park anymore now that we've made it to the chimera ants. They're already adding a bunch of stuff that isn't in the manga. Fortunately, it's stuff that actually makes the arc better (and more depressing).

If you're watching the One Piece anime, don't pass up ep 225 to about 280 or so.

If you watching dub, switch to sub.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Funi dub. I guess Luffy's voice is pretty hit or miss, but it's the same in the sub.

Of course, it's not like I've watched more than a few episodes of it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Romeo x Juliet 9

Had to put this on hold awhile back; picking it back up now. Still like it a lot, though I have go back through and put names and histories with some of the supporting characters again.
When Juliet stabbed that dude at the end, why did she like freak out about the blood? At the beginning of the series she was fucking people up as the Red Whirlwind. Am I missing something? is there more to it?

More like Batman forced her way into pairing up, to the point of "firing" the others.

K-On! 4

Moe Mio is a very Moe Mio. Delicious fanservice! Mio just keeps getting exploited for her moe-ness.

There was more to this episode than just moe moe kyun~! It will all pay off in the next couple of episodes.

If we're purely talking arc length, Hunter x Hunter won't be hitting it out of the park anymore now that we've made it to the chimera ants. They're already adding a bunch of stuff that isn't in the manga. Fortunately, it's stuff that actually makes the arc better (and more depressing).

I remember naruto having few fillers but after sasuke left and in shippuuden the fillers did not stop.

Kyou no Asuka show.
really short 3 minute episodes about a clueless very cute girl.

Thanks she looks mischievous.

Hidamari Sketch 2

2Xd8s.gif

Dat Booty

This episode sure does talk about supernatural phenomenons in two different settings, which made the apartment creepier (not to mention cheap), along with possession.

SHAFT had the girls make the sign because they didn't get to it in time though.

wonzo

Banned
I've actually been re-reading the manga before I start watching the Chimera Ant arc adaptation as I haven't really touched the earlier stuff in years now and I'm just starting to remember how bad the pacing was in the Chimera Ant arc. :(

I'm sure the anime will make it far more tolerable even with the odd addition given the usual pacing in the past but then again, that might change depending on how much Dragon Quest Togashi's playing.

Articalys

Okay, so this season I haven't really been paying attention to the OP/ED of shows I'm not watching (besides the snippets that were in the PVs before they started airing). What's the good stuff out there that I should listen to?

On a side note, I'm looking forward to AnimeSongCollabo's cover versions from this season, which they should be posting in 2-3 weeks.

Okay, so this season I haven't really been paying attention to the OP/ED of shows I'm not watching (besides the snippets that were in the PVs before they started airing). What's the good stuff out there that I should listen to?

The Henneko OP and ED are great, and cause many heart attacks. The only other thing I like is Gargantia's OP because I really like Chihara Minori's songs, everything else I'm indifferent of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom