• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Oh damn it.
Kuroneko fans, this figure just went up for preorders.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10228486
L4sUG5J.jpg

Are there even that many anime featuring lesbians where their sexuality isn't apparent at the beginning and they "come out" at some point into the series?

Stratos 4
teehee!

"Yakitake Japan" is one of the best IMO

This. Plus Toriko.

Lol .i'm not arguing that she isn't on that BUT that sentence was clearly taken out of context.

She was just thinking that being with her girly friends was nice.
Also this isn't even remotly similar as "coming out" this isn't "NOIR" or "el cazador"

I don't know, there was literally a scene where Mugi was blushing and there was a literal arrow pointing at who she was looking at (Yui). It's a budding thing.

Lol .i'm not arguing that she isn't on that BUT that sentence was clearly taken out of context.

She was just thinking that being with her girly friends was nice.
Also this isn't even remotly similar as "coming out" this isn't "NOIR" or "el cazador"

Mugi is into girls love. This is canon.

Kagami

Looks like it's drawn by the person doing the manga adaptation.

51H2C2N-2yL.jpg

Replying to myself here, but I just noticed that this actually has a character design credit (029) separate from the artist (Hiiragi Akeo). I don't pay a whole a lot of attention to manga adaptations; is that common? 029 is the name of the novel illustrator. I guess that means he provided actual multi-angle/facial expression design sheets for the manga artist to reference?

Mature

Mysterious Girlfriend X 9

That is the absolute creepiest thing I've ever seen anyone do. Taking pictures of Urabe inher new hair without her knowing and fucking selling them? Tsubaki really should have just punched him in the face. Holy hell, how messed up do you have to be to do that?

And fuck that fucking shitty hairstyle. Her bangs are so fucking superior. All those dudes have piss-poor taste.

Does Oka wrap every damn thing she cooks in bacon? Good luck keeping your cholesterol low, kid. I should say though that it is kinda cute when she goes "U-ra-be-san". And that part when Urabe messes up her hair was pretty hot.

Panty scissors are the best. Urabe really makes he whole show better.
I guess this is just a thing that must happen in Japan because you see it in anime all the time. It is really freaking creepy.

And yeah, panty scissors are best.
a9cuf.gif

Are there even that many anime featuring lesbians where their sexuality isn't apparent at the beginning and they "come out" at some point into the series?
I didn't see what you're saying this in response to, but Maya from Eva fits the bill.

cajunator

Banned
I guess this is just a thing that must happen in Japan because you see it in anime all the time. It is really freaking creepy.

And yeah, panty scissors are best.
a9cuf.gif

I didn't see what you're saying this in response to, but Maya from Eva fits the bill.

That show was just SPECIAL.
One of the most unique viewing experiences in anime.

Arjuna 11

BWAHAHA the environmentalist SEED uses goddamn humvees. I know they've got a military motif going on but that still cracks me up. And oh man
that hermaphrodite
reveal and on a BS reason that I'm actually professionally qualified to debunk. I work in a pharmacy and ANYTHING that's proven or suspected to cause birth defects is disclosed to any pregnant patients with required counseling from the pharmacist and if serious enough a call to the physician is made before dispensing any of said medication. The idea of her mom taking something without ever being told the risks is just ridiculous. Oh well looks like the end of the world is coming, let's see what else this show can pull out of its ass.

cajunator

Banned
Arjuna 11

BWAHAHA the environmentalist SEED uses goddamn humvees. I know they've got a military motif going on but that still cracks me up. And oh man
that hermaphrodite
reveal and on a BS reason that I'm actually professionally qualified to debunk. I work in a pharmacy and ANYTHING that's proven or suspected to cause birth defects is disclosed to any pregnant patients with required counseling from the pharmacist and if serious enough a call to the physician is made before dispensing any of said medication. The idea of her mom taking something without ever being told the risks is just ridiculous. Oh well looks like the end of the world is coming, let's see what else this show can pull out of its ass.

I remember thinking how silly it was too. Hummers in a show about environmentalism. fucking lol.
OH and just you wait. The ending is quite special :D

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm about halfway into the York Shin arc in the Hunter x Hunter Remake, man I miss hairstyles like this in anime

QATZivL.jpg

That anime mullet.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think it got me just as bad as the "friends forever" thing from Nichijou 25.

...okay, that one really DID get me just from thinking about it again.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Seeing a character graduate in anime is tantamount to them being killed off because if anime has taught us anything, it's that life ends once you reach adulthood.

Cardcaptor Sakura 25

This episode had some quite interesting developments such as
activated Clow Cards becoming aware of Sakura's cardcaptoring, and Kero-chan's inner monologue on what catastrophe the cards might bring up. Also that mysterious shaded woman at the end of the episode
. This sounds like it'll lead to more genuine conflicts like the one involved in the Clow Card encounter, which this show can certainly use since even I am getting a bit too overwhelmed by cuteness.

Arjuna 12

ooh, a Theseus' ship paradox with the human body, that's actually pretty clever. Arjuna finally snapped a little but man I was hoping it'd be way trippier. Also YES AIRSHIP UNLOCKED!

Ojamajo Doremi 10

So now the store gets exposed to their teachers and such. The beginning was weird since it hinted at losing fairies or something, but something like that didn't really happen here. Maybe because of the threat of not being able to work at Maho-Dou anymore? I don't know. The Parents are fine with it though.

cajunator

Banned
Let's not get crazy.

We getting crazy up in here!
Seriously though, the whole drool/sweat/scissors/all out weirdness of that show was really unique to me.

Oh great, now I'm crying over Azumanga's graduation again.

Sorries, corvy-kun!

Wait, you shit on Sushio and yet you put this garbage on a pedestal?

smfh

Yup.
I have a thing for gothic Lolita style characters, particularly ones with very large weaponry.

sooooooo, I'm thinking of watching Black Rock Shooter, y/n?

absolutely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom