• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARJUNA 13

WE ARE ALL SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT!

I think I'm tsundere for this show, it's the best and worst thing ever.

I wonder what Raaja tastes like

madp

The Light of El Cantare
sooooooo, I'm thinking of watching Black Rock Shooter, y/n?

I, for one, would at least enjoy reading the impressions if you choose to do so.

WX8nDl.jpg

Started watching Little Busters....is that a good thing?

It's more Key, if you've seen Clannad, Kanon, Air or anything like that. Oblivious harem protag. Girls with mysterious abilities. The whole nine yards.

I really liked it, but that's just me. It's very light on the romance, though if that's what you're looking for. Some really good comedic moments, and it reminds you time and again that it was based off a visual novel/video game.

At the very least, it'll be worth it to watch for the second season. Things are going to get REAL in the second season, like After Story for Clannad.

Spirited Away
This was actually the first anime I watched besides Pokemon way back in the day, I saw it on the Disney Channel and it blew my mind.

Still blows my mind. My roommate who liked Princess Mononoke and Castle in the Sky didn't really enjoy it, though.

CardCaptor Sakura 25

Sounds like things are getting interesting now with
info about Sakura collecting the clow cards is spreading out so now they're acting

Surprised Sakura didn't get into more trouble considering what happened.

CorvoSol

It's more Key, if you've seen Clannad, Kanon, Air or anything like that. Oblivious harem protag. Girls with mysterious abilities. The whole nine yards.

I really liked it, but that's just me. It's very light on the romance, though if that's what you're looking for. Some really good comedic moments, and it reminds you time and again that it was based off a visual novel/video game.

At the very least, it'll be worth it to watch for the second season. Things are going to get REAL in the second season, like After Story for Clannad.

Spirited Away
This was actually the first anime I watched besides Pokemon way back in the day, I saw it on the Disney Channel and it blew my mind.

Still blows my mind. My roommate who liked Princess Mononoke and Castle in the Sky didn't really enjoy it, though.

My favorite is still Howl's Moving Castle, but I did watch Princess Mononoke last semester with my roommates. So good that first time someone's head gets blown off.

Asobi ni Iku Yo 2

So there's some sort of TOP SECRET organization that is completely against the notion of Earth's first alien contact to be sexy catgirls, and then there's some sort of break in at some CIA warehouse with Magnum PI-ojiisan, super soldier KanaHana, and big titted childhood friend. It is most certainly the greatest thing ever, also THERE'S MORE OF THEM!!??!?! Let the good times be had.

Obligatory enough buttshot, could have been better but thigh highs are 10/10.

CorvoSol

Garzey's Wing 3

Why is Garzey's Wing such a big deal? I can't see how having goose wings attached to your ankles would be so useful.

OH BOY LELAND IS TSUN!

WE ARE DEPENDING ON YOUR COMMAND NOW RIGHT?

Show me how you crush 'em all at once.

EVERYONE IS DYING!

Bitch, I don't need your tears, go now and reconnoiter!

HOW IS IT THAT WE MANAGED TO ESCAPE?

SUBIBE AS WONG AS YEW CAN!

This is the best anime ever.

CorvoSol

The greatest thing from this episode was the incomprehensibly bad mechanical animation for the
transforming hut.
Even now I still can't make sense of it.

I'm still partial to the modern hand gun designs being used in feudal Japan.

HEY CHRIS IF YOU KILL THIS GUY IT WILL BRING US ALL CLOSER TOGETHER.

HUMANS ARE JUST HUMAN.

cjkeats

Mirai Nikki 1-6
Yuno is amazing. I like em feisty.
Yuki is a little bitch.

Other than that, this is pretty much Death Note isn't it?

CorvoSol

OH MY GOD IT ENDS WITH A FLYING MOTORCYCLE.

I'M CRYING BECAUSE IT'S SO PERFECT. Half of him is forever stuck in a world where he had to kill a guy because his tribe wanted him to. And the other half don't give a flip, flying on his motorcycle.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'M CRYING BECAUSE IT'S SO PERFECT. Half of him is forever stuck in a world where he had to kill a guy because his tribe wanted him to. And the other half don't give a flip, flying on his motorcycle.
Actually, the funny part is that he spends three episodes hacking people up and blowing them to pieces, then suddenly acts like he's never held a sword before at the end.

cajunator

Banned
ARJUNA 13

WE ARE ALL SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT!

I think I'm tsundere for this show, it's the best and worst thing ever.

I wonder what Raaja tastes like

Raaja tastes like...everyone!

it was pretty meh to me.
worth watching though.

Im not used to such fetishistic displays of drool and sweat in my anime. I guess its a normal thing.

Asobi ni Iku Yo 2

So there's some sort of TOP SECRET organization that is completely against the notion of Earth's first alien contact to be sexy catgirls, and then there's some sort of break in at some CIA warehouse with Magnum PI-ojiisan, super soldier KanaHana, and big titted childhood friend. It is most certainly the greatest thing ever, also THERE'S MORE OF THEM!!??!?! Let the good times be had.

Oh yes. Good times WILL be had!

Mirai Nikki 1-6
Yuno is amazing. I like em feisty.
Yuki is a little bitch.

Other than that, this is pretty much Death Note isn't it?

you and me both! the show is kind of meh overall but yuno makes it worth it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Garzey's Wing is way better as a social experience, but I'm still glad to see someone really, really, really appreciate it again. It's been too long.

CorvoSol

Slayers 13

Went back to Japanese, it was worth it. Show was such a thing in my childhood, and English Lina and Goury remain in my head, but English Amelia was so bad I had to make the switch. This episode was all about Amelia thinking Lina and Goury were criminals and making trouble for them. According to the Mission Log, the party must now move to Sairaag, and did not receive any gold for completing Phil's quest.

Actually, the funny part is that he spends three episodes hacking people up and blowing them to pieces, then suddenly acts like he's never held a sword before at the end.

That stuff was just revenge for having to fight naked.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Asobi ni Iku Yo 2

The show flirts with being legitimately interesting, but doesn't really want follow through.

My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong As I Expected 01-02

It's been a little boring so far. We have a guy who hates society paired up with a girl who is cruelly honest. And then... what.

So far it has been pretty lame. Which is not as I expected.

CorvoSol

Gun x Sword 10

Hahaha, why do the ladies all propose to poor Van? Marriage is kinda the last thing on his schedule. Although Carmen hasn't proposed, so there's that, I guess. I like that Van always has a new title every episode. Cap'n Kaiji is something.

Music in this show is SO good.

Dresden

datealive - 07

lol, this was (slightly) better than expected. There needs to be more magic cannibal yandere girls. I guess she wants to eat him, or something.

CorvoSol

Kiddy Grade 7

This boy talks with a deeper voice than a 12 year old should, but then, apparently Eclair is under 18, too, so . . .

Yo, Donner is a boss. Donner is best member of the team. Titano ain't got nothin' on my boy Donner. NUTTIN'.

I just KNOW that hand holding activated super power is gonna come back in some fan servicey way.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 097
This was ostensibly an Ami episode, but all I got out of it was Neptune. So much Neptune.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. This was much better than your typical Ami episode, as it shows the girl as something else than just another Miss Perfect wanting to get perfect grades and all. It would be nice to see her in this light more often.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sales Rankings for May 13-19

Blu-ray
1, 10,724 *10,724 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! vol.6
2, *5,894 364,610 Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
3, *2,851 **2,851 Tamako Market vol.3
4, *2,058 **2,058 Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vol.3
5, *1,398 *34,406 Girls und Panzer vol.4
6, **,773 ***,773 Kamisama Kiss vol.6
7, **,601 **5,139 Seitokai Yakuindomo Kaettekita OVA
8, **,495 *18,418 Love Live! School Idol Project vol.2 Limited Edition
9, **,470 *34,176 Girls und Panzer vol.3
Less than half a million? KHARA IS DOOMED

cajunator

Banned
UK DVD release is in two weeks time. More importantly it will be the uncensored version.

Us has the blurays which are pretty good quality so I cant complain really.

Kiddy Grade 7

This boy talks with a deeper voice than a 12 year old should, but then, apparently Eclair is under 18, too, so . . .

Yo, Donner is a boss. Donner is best member of the team. Titano ain't got nothin' on my boy Donner. NUTTIN'.

I just KNOW that hand holding activated super power is gonna come back in some fan servicey way.

Right now you are just being introduced to all the ES members. the plot is about to kick into gear and then the fun begins.

CorvoSol

Us has the blurays which are pretty good quality so I cant complain really.

Right now you are just being introduced to all the ES members. the plot is about to kick into gear and then the fun begins.

Kid's all like "You know Eclair, there's something about you . . ." and staring right directly into her cleavage. Subtle he is not.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to temporarily take leave of my sanity again, because it's time to watch ZZ Gundam, and I need to do it the way Tomino intended: without my mind.

Asobi ni Iku Yo 3

irS6jZhpBahqh.jpg

iWpRdGCd3uSf9.jpg

Wise words from a wise cat.

This isn't your average everyday pandering, this is...ADVANCED PANDERING. This show just introduces all of these wonderful creatures:

And I'm expected to choose only one (definitely megane short hair) favorite. This episode also had two incredible (AND NSFW) out of context screencaps. How do I go on with my life knowing I only have so many more episodes of something that panders almost too well to me?

CorvoSol

Asobi ni Iku Yo 3

This isn't your average everyday pandering, this is...ADVANCED PANDERING. This show just introduces all of these wonderful creatures:

And I'm expected to choose only one (definitely megane short hair) favorite. This episode also had two incredible (AND NSFW) out of context screencaps. How do I go on with my life knowing I only have so many more episodes of something that panders almost too well to me?

Glasses. It isn't even a hard choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom