• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Kid's all like "You know Eclair, there's something about you . . ." and staring right directly into her cleavage. Subtle he is not.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to temporarily take leave of my sanity again, because it's time to watch ZZ Gundam, and I need to do it the way Tomino intended: without my mind.

Kiddy Grade is not a show that excels in subtleties.

Asobi ni Iku Yo 3

This isn't your average everyday pandering, this is...ADVANCED PANDERING. This show just introduces all of these wonderful creatures:

And I'm expected to choose only one (definitely megane short hair) favorite. This episode also had two incredible (AND NSFW) out of context screencaps. How do I go on with my life knowing I only have so many more episodes of something that panders almost too well to me?

The real question is why hadn't you discovered this show before?

Dresden

muromi-san - 07

It feels like the show has finally come together these last two episodes. Fun stuff, with plenty of lewdness sprinkled about.

kC1d9iR.jpg

This helps dull the disappointment from how bad the new Azazel-san is.

The real question is why hadn't you discovered this show before?

If I had to give you an answer, I would say that I didn't believe something can pander to me well enough once I watched Strike Witches and became infatuated with that universe. This doesn't have the expansive universe or the dedicated fandom, but god damn is it doing its job incredibly well!

Asobi ni Iku Yo 3

This isn't your average everyday pandering, this is...ADVANCED PANDERING. This show just introduces all of these wonderful creatures:

And I'm expected to choose only one (definitely megane short hair) favorite. This episode also had two incredible (AND NSFW) out of context screencaps. How do I go on with my life knowing I only have so many more episodes of something that panders almost too well to me?

*puts on a list*

cajunator

Banned
If I had to give you an answer, I would say that I didn't believe something can pander to me well enough once I watched Strike Witches and became infatuated with that universe. This doesn't have the expansive universe or the dedicated fandom, but god damn is it doing its job incredibly well!

I looked it up. the blue haired cutie's name is Melwin. that's my choice.

Jintor

Asobi ni Iku Yo 3

What is even happening

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 5

Okay, now I KNOW Mashmyre is making this up in his head. No way does HAMAN KHAN, a woman so scary and evil that even Char Aznable and Sriracha were wary of her, lay seductively in a chair as she fondles a "rose". No way. I can't.

Shinta you lying son of a gun. Judau has floundered around in the Zeta like a damn monkey, and you have the balls to tell him he's one of the best pilots you've ever seen? I mean, sure, Fa and Katz are idiots, but they weren't bad pilots, just idiots. And no way is Judau on par with Lt. Emma or Lt. Apolly, let alone Kamille or Char. I mean, I guess maybe he's no worse than the Red Shirt Nemo pilots, but STILL.

Yeah okay now Mashmyre is fondling the rose suggestively, too. That's just . . . NOW HE'S PRAYING TO IT. WHY.

Qum is almost as ugly as Mayter of Eureka Seven. Hate goddamn kids in my mech shows. Seeing Yazan Gable reduced to this is almost sad. I wish it had been Sriracha instead.

"Are you trying to turn me on by showing me your hips?" The hell? Fa is INSIDE the Gundam. He can't possibly see her hips. Unless he means Zeta's hips in the which case WUT.

AHAHAHAHAHA. Judau IS a better pilot than Fa, even though Fa has been in an actual war for goodness knows how long. AHAHAHAHAHA. I hate you, Fa Yuiry. You should have died, and
Lt. Emma should have lived.

duckroll

Anime Mirai 2014 announcement: http://www.animemirai.jp/news.php?p=161

Ultra Super Pictures
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Time of Eve, Patema Inverted)
Producer: Ryousuke Inagaki (Patema Inverted)
Title: Harmonie

A-1 Pictures
Director: Ayumu Watanabe (Space Brothers)
Producer: Makoto Sotozaki (Space Brothers)
Title: A Big First-year Student and a Small Second-year Student

Shinei Douga
Director: Kazuaki Imai (Episode director for Doraemon and Valkyria Chronicles TV)
Producer: Maiko Okada (Production desk for Doraemon series and movies)
Title: Parol and the Future Island (Tentative)

Studio 4C
Director: Naoyuki Onda (Character designer for Ergo Proxy)
Producer: Eiko Tanaka (head of Studio 4C)
Title: Under the Windy Sky

CorvoSol

Code Geass R2 4

Awwww, it's like she's still in love with him, even after she shot him! Poor Ogie.

If Lelouch's paradox "What do you do if you can't kill evil without becoming evil?" is meant to defend his actions, its bullshit. It's a funny little philosophical paradox, but it doesn't excuse
murdering your sister and using her to murder innocents for the sake of boosting your own social standing.
That wasn't part of destroying evil. That was being evil for the sake of evil, and no flowered words can fix that.

Uh, why did Lelouch take a bullet for #ROLO? OH HELL THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER. That's just sick.
Dear #ROLO, Lelouch murders his siblings. All of them. Nunally will die, and so will you.

Also interesting to see a eunuch in so modern a setting.

Dresden

Ultra Super Pictures
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Time of Eve)

A-1 Pictures

Shinei Douga
Director: Kazuaki Imai (Episode director for Doraemon and Valkyria Chronicles TV)

Studio 4C
Nice.

Romcom SNAFU 06

This is one of those shows where I root for the secondary heroine who is destined to fail. Guhh.

The last episode set some nice precedence for a potential Yui ending, but 85% sure after this episode that this show's just going to play it safe and just pair up with Yukinon.

truly a SNAFU

CorvoSol

FMP! Sigma 2

So Sousuke ditches out on the cruise, and Kaname's pissed, but goes anyway, ignoring Sousuke's myriad attempts to explain about the mission he has on Christmas. Once aboard the ship, we meet the CREEPIEST captain ever, who explains that there will most definitely be no hijacking of his boat. He repeats this several times as Kaname and Kyoko notice there's something familiar about the crew of the ship. The captain's in the middle of repeating it when of course, the ship is hijacked by terrorists.

Which does not phase anyone in the class at all.

Oddly enough, we briefly see Mitsuki, Tsubaki, and Ren in this, even though the three of them aren't in Kaname's class, and this trip was just for those who were aboard the plane that got jacked. Unless, of course, we are to assume that Issei Tsubaki, Mitsuki, and Ren Mikihara were all there aboard the plane in Khanka that day.

wonzo

Banned

Ultra Super Pictures
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Time of Eve)

A-1 Pictures

Shinei Douga

Studio 4C
Sweet, def. looking forward to Harmonie the most.

duckroll

Interesting note about the Ultra Super Pictures short. The producer for the short is Ryousuke Inagaki. It seems like up until now he hasn't been part of USP, but rather Purple Cow Studio Japan.

It's a lesser known animation studio which has worked the Yozakura Quartet OADs, and as an outsourcing studio for some episodes of Panty & Stocking and Black Rock Shooter TV. So they've had contact with USP studios before. More interestingly, Purple Cow is currently animating Yoshiura's Patema Inverted. Could USP be merging with Purple Cow as well?

Theonik

That's cheating though.

Wait, you shit on Sushio and yet you put this garbage on a pedestal?

smfh
Is that really that surprising?

Started watching Little Busters....is that a good thing?
No.

OH MY GOD IT ENDS WITH A FLYING MOTORCYCLE.

I'M CRYING BECAUSE IT'S SO PERFECT. Half of him is forever stuck in a world where he had to kill a guy because his tribe wanted him to. And the other half don't give a flip, flying on his motorcycle.
Shameless plug again.

My "watching smut so everyone else doesn't have to" plan seems to have misfired.
It was a silly plan. The joy of smut is to be shared.

It's smut
image.php

romcom SNAFU 07

Oh sweet, a camp counselor episode. I've always wondered what it would be like being one of those fools, being grown up now.

That elementary schooler girl seems really knowledgeable about things.

Yukinon setting off "I'm going to win this romcom" flags all over the place.

I never noticed how a lot of characters have first and last names with similar words in them. Cool beans.

Ultra Super Pictures
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Time of Eve, Patema Inverted)
Producer: Ryousuke Inagaki (Patema Inverted)

A-1 Pictures
Producer: Makoto Sotozaki (Space Brothers)

Shinei Douga
Producer: Maiko Okada (Production desk for Doraemon series and movies)

Studio 4C
Producer: Eiko Tanaka (head of Studio 4C)

Looks like a solid lineup, particularly with Yoshiura on board. I look forward to seeing the end result.

Defuser

Jesus, DO NOT WATCH ASOBI NI IKUYO!!! I'm warning you guys it left me nothing but hate years ago.

It has the most dumbest male protaganist ever I've ever seen in my life. No other dumb protaganist from other shows have shit on him. The guy dumbness level is over 9000.

The beginning of the final episode makes you wanna choke him to death for being such a stupid fuck.

cajunator

Banned
Jesus, DO NOT WATCH ASOBI NI IKUYO!!!

It has the most dumbest male protaganist ever I've ever seen in my life. No other dumb protaganist from shows have shit on him. The guy dumbness level is over 9000.

The beginning of the final episode makes you wanna choke him to death for being such a stupid fuck.

I put up with his shenanigans for the alien catgirls.
It was worth it.

Articalys

The first Photo Kano BD volume now comes with swimsuit DLC for the Vita game.

Are there any other cases where a normal anime volume has had game content bundled with it, not counting those game/movie hybrid things from Bandai?

fertygo

ZZ Gundam 5

Okay, now I KNOW Mashmyre is making this up in his head. No way does HAMAN KHAN, a woman so scary and evil that even Char Aznable and Sriracha were wary of her, lay seductively in a chair as she fondles a "rose". No way. I can't.

Shinta you lying son of a gun. Judau has floundered around in the Zeta like a damn monkey, and you have the balls to tell him he's one of the best pilots you've ever seen? I mean, sure, Fa and Katz are idiots, but they weren't bad pilots, just idiots. And no way is Judau on par with Lt. Emma or Lt. Apolly, let alone Kamille or Char. I mean, I guess maybe he's no worse than the Red Shirt Nemo pilots, but STILL.

Yeah okay now Mashmyre is fondling the rose suggestively, too. That's just . . . NOW HE'S PRAYING TO IT. WHY.

Qum is almost as ugly as Mayter of Eureka Seven. Hate goddamn kids in my mech shows. Seeing Yazan Gable reduced to this is almost sad. I wish it had been Sriracha instead.

"Are you trying to turn me on by showing me your hips?" The hell? Fa is INSIDE the Gundam. He can't possibly see her hips. Unless he means Zeta's hips in the which case WUT.

AHAHAHAHAHA. Judau IS a better pilot than Fa, even though Fa has been in an actual war for goodness knows how long. AHAHAHAHAHA. I hate you, Fa Yuiry. You should have died, and
Lt. Emma should have lived.
Judau is frigging hax as pilot, much better than Kamille.. Newtype magic yo, of course Fa wouldn't compare.

Jintor

One Piece 37

450px-LuffystopNamistab.PNG

Holy fucking shit.

(Well, okay, that's from the movie or whatever, but I tried to screencap it and the stuff on Hulu just doesn't screenshot well.)

Code Geass R2 4

Awwww, it's like she's still in love with him, even after she shot him! Poor Ogie.

If Lelouch's paradox "What do you do if you can't kill evil without becoming evil?" is meant to defend his actions, its bullshit. It's a funny little philosophical paradox, but it doesn't excuse
murdering your sister and using her to murder innocents for the sake of boosting your own social standing.
That wasn't part of destroying evil. That was being evil for the sake of evil, and no flowered words can fix that.

Uh, why did Lelouch take a bullet for #ROLO? OH HELL THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING EVER. That's just sick.
Dear #ROLO, Lelouch murders his siblings. All of them. Nunally will die, and so will you.

Also interesting to see a eunuch in so modern a setting.

Viletta's love for Ogie is one of my favourite romances in all of anime. After getting her memory back, she wanted to forget all about him, but she couldn't deny the love she felt for him during her amnesiac period so it bothers her.

Also you'd best prepare yourself for the upcoming episodes, because that's when things well...

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 13
Man I had forgotten how much I missed this show.
Not the best episode but it was great to see these characters again.
Still one of my favorite soundtracks.

Jintor

This arc's pretty fucking good, questionable anatomy aside.

I'm trying to think of the live-action equivalent of this. Like a really cheesy 90's comedy-drama? Well, it's more or less the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom