• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Crimsonlink said:
I mean Ayase is cute and a nice girl to everyone but Kyosuke. Her yandere act puts Kyosuke's life in jeopardy so Kuroneko or Saori would fit him better for the most part.

Just like a rollercoaster ride, the fear gives you an adrenaline rush.

And she does it all out of love.

Tenumi

Banned
Railgun S: 05

I hate Accelerator. I think he's an irredeemable jerk of a character. I don't want him on my screen. I want him gone. This is the way I've felt since Index Season 1.

Yes, I knew he'd appear in this season, but still, can't I wish that a character would just disappear forever?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
DokiDoki! Precure - 13

1BKprqn.png
8ooqiSH.png

Bruce Wayne loses to NO ONE.

This episode caused Alice to move up quite a bit in my ranks. Considering how capable Alice is in hand-to-hand combat, it's pretty frustrating that her powers are built for defense. Itsuki from HeartCatch had a similar setup, but at least her special was able to harm her enemies. Give me a Cure with power gauntlets that defeat her enemies with melee attacks a la "Oraoraoraoraora!!"

/XX/

After having it hard to even publish a mere number of a very well done magazine (in French language, or course), and having to delay the release of a new one for several months, I hope Otaking finally succeeds in obtaining enough financing for it through this crowd-funding project:

Gainax Mag - Ulule
http://fr.ulule.com/gainax-mag/

GAINAX MAG #02; for those that don't ignore poor 'NeoGAiNAX'!

If it finally sees the light of day, this volume that will focus on the key figure for the past and present of the company that is Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will include an exclusive interview with him. Translation work and printing aren't cheap although the budget objective seems to have been kept under tight control for this, and it doesn't appears as too difficult to achieve. For the most expensive reward option... acquiring the new number plus the previous special one, a set of cards and all with postage included (within France) looks like a good deal to me!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Railgun S: 05

I hate Accelerator. I think he's an irredeemable jerk of a character. I don't want him on my screen. I want him gone. This is the way I've felt since Index Season 1.

Yes, I knew he'd appear in this season, but still, can't I wish that a character would just disappear forever?

Why do you dislike the best character in the franchise?

/XX/

コミックナタリー - 弐瓶勉の正道ロボットSF「シドニアの騎士」がアニメ化
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/91174

Animation production announced for Knights of Sidonia graphical novel. No further details on what exactly is the project's format.

cjkeats

Mirai Nikki - End
well that was obvious set up for more. I don't think the set up was needed, should've just left the happy end for everyone and let bitch boy wallow in self pity for eternity.
Although I'm curious which Yuno came at the end. I mean, first and second Yuno are dead third is all happy family and stuff.

Overall though it was a fun ride. Lots of cool twits and turns, and a good cast.
Yuno was the best.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
K-On! 02:

Ah, that pre-crash mindset now forever locked away to a bygone era. "Want something but can't afford it? Simply work until you have the money!"
and yet Mugi still solves everything by exercising 1% privilege. dammit

I know that this is silly because kawaii joshikosei are not typically creatures that are concerned with the cost-benefit of, well, anything, but how can they all be so chill about enabling Yui to purchase a gitaa that's five-hundred percent over budget? Yui is lucky that she has the other keions because having no discretionary income for a year would absolutely tank her social life otherwise. If Nintendo took the Gibson approach to color variants we'd all be screwed.

It's a wonder that the traffic statistics firm ever finds any customers for their data because they clearly have no quality control.

Of course, all of this is to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

NeonZ

Smile Precure 1-3

Ok, there's something I don't get. The bad guys are accomplishing their goal exactly as planned. They're winning. Why do they need to stick around just to give the good guys symbolic victories over meaningless battles?

At least when Jadeite collected energy you got the sense he was being slowed down by a lot.

One of the villains wants to let the girls collect the Decors they get from defeating the Akanbe. Well, that and things would be even easier if the Cures disappeared, so, it's win/win for them either way.

K-On! 02:

Ah, that pre-crash mindset now forever locked away to a bygone era. "Want something but can't afford it? Simply work until you have the money!"
and yet Mugi still solves everything by exercising 1% privilege. dammit

I know that this is silly because kawaii joshikosei are not typically creatures that are concerned with the cost-benefit of, well, anything, but how can they all be so chill about enabling Yui to purchase a gitaa that's five-hundred percent over budget? Yui is lucky that she has the other keions because having no discretionary income for a year would absolutely tank her social life otherwise. If Nintendo took the Gibson approach to color variants we'd all be screwed.

It's a wonder that the traffic statistics firm ever finds any customers for their data because they clearly have no quality control.

Of course, all of this is to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

I still find it funny that Mugi waits until after they do the traffic counting job to help Yui buy it for her. Of course, it kinda makes sense later on I guess.

I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I still find it funny that Mugi waits until after they do the traffic counting job to help Yui buy it for her. Of course, it kinda makes sense later on I guess.

Mugi gained empathy for the proles. "This 'work' thing is kind of shitty; let's just bypass it altogether!"

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I just think she's more insidious than she lets on.

Oh, definitely. She leveraged her position as the boss's daughter to scare that poor clerk guy into taking a loss on his own merchandise. She may be so aloof and sheltered that she doesn't understand that there's an implied threat on top of simply thinking that she's entitled to special treatment, but that's kind of evil!

If you like harems with a female lead you should check out Rinne no Lagrange. Modoka has that top tier swag that all the ladies, young and old just can't resist.

Hmm, I passed on it thinking it was a a silly teen mecha show but if the characters are amusing enough it could be worthwhile. There goes another one added to the anime backlog.

Smile Precure 26

Ahh the Summer Festival episode. Or rather, let Candy have fun.

Okay this bothered me, because Candy actually participated in the events as well, and it's like HOW DO THESE PEOPLE NOT SEE THIS THING PARTICIPATE!? This should cause freakouts or something, but apparently it does nothing to commoners. Hell! Candy helped Miyuki CHEAT in the ring toss so that way they could retrieve her when was mistaken as a Ring Toss Prize.

I guess we can account for everyone having low IQ except for Joker and Beauty.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But this is Mugi we're talking about!
She likes doing commoner things!

Definitely doesn't mean that she actually wants to be a commoner; she probably just finds the drudgery of everyday life quaint like most naive oujosamas :lol Ever hear someone describe a place saying "fun to vacation, but I wouldn't want to live there"?

Jex

[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) 7

[Jojo's Bizarre Adventure] (2000) FIN

This OVA series had some cool moments, but I honestly didn't like it much. There are some moments where the animation shines through, but there's a lot meandering outside of the fights. The dull score doesn't help either. It's a very forgettable experience. Clearly just a stopgap for people who wanted to see the rest of Stardust Crusaders animated. Two Hol Ponies out of five.

I don't necessarily think it was a simple stopgap flung together by people who didn't really care about the project. I think it's more likely that the original OVA's began at a certain point in the story and so the newer OVA series had no choice but to arrive at that destination in X number of episodes with Y budget. Those aren't ideal conditions for telling a story.

Definitely doesn't mean that she actually wants to be a commoner; she probably just finds the drudgery of everyday life quaint like most naive oujosamas :lol Ever hear someone describe a place saying "fun to vacation, but I wouldn't want to live there"?

True, but it's not like the other girls are poor either. Just look at their houses.

Humanity Has Declined 1-3

I started watching this as I noticed that it was in the top 10 best anime of 2012.
I can't seem to get in to this show or the characters, nor have I found it very funny aside from the poem in episode 2 about the 7 children.

Is there any point in e try to soldier on or do the first 3 episodes basically show what this anime is all about?

Unfortunately its quality declines, baffling how it was chosen for top 10 anime of 2012. Oh well Y and Assistant bring out its best moments.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't necessarily think it was a simple stopgap flung together by people who didn't really care about the project. I think it's more likely that the original OVA's began at a certain point in the story and so the newer OVA series had no choice but to arrive at that destination in X number of episodes with Y budget. Those aren't ideal conditions for telling a story.
I don't see how starting right where the 1993 OVAs begin makes much sense either. Then again, Jojo's popularity in Japan ensures you don't have to introduce any of these characters, since pretty much everyone is familiar with the story.

Jex

I don't see how starting right where the 1993 OVAs begin makes much sense either. Then again, Jojo's popularity in Japan ensures you don't have to introduce any of these characters, since pretty much everyone is familiar with the story.

You pretty much answered your own question there! Once again, if you can only afford to do six OVA's I suppose it makes sense to do the climactic stuff at the end rather than the lead in.

Ultimadrago

Humanity Has Declined 1-3

I started watching this as I noticed that it was in the top 10 best anime of 2012.
I can't seem to get in to this show or the characters, nor have I found it very funny aside from the poem in episode 2 about the 7 children.

Is there any point in e try to soldier on or do the first 3 episodes basically show what this anime is all about?

Unfortunately its quality declines...

Yes, though to be fair, it at least makes a comeback in the last couple episodes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You pretty much answered your own question there! Once again, if you can only afford to do six OVA's I suppose it makes sense to do the climactic stuff at the end rather than the lead in.
They should have done Battle Tendency instead. Ripple users > Stand users

fertygo

Megazone 23 - 01 or whatever the numbering is.
Yeah this 80's anime aight, all of that delicious campiness.. loltwist and all that.

rceTRYQ.jpg

CG future.

I really don't have much to say about this episode aside the bombastic twist and dat 80s atmosphere, I'm more interested in every episode have different art / chara design?

Well that's something, maybe I can comment on that after watching next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom