• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna start a kickstarter so you all can give me money to attend Girls Love Festival 9. Make it happen AnimeGaf! :p

2YZEB.gif

Smile Precure 28

It's the test of courage, and Nao and Miyuki are scared shitless through the entire thing! And yet despite being a crybaby, Yayoi is... into this the most. Clearly she's the bravest of them all!

But there's one thing that scares them more than anything.
Summer homework

Reika, you magnificent robot.

duckroll

Yuyushiki - Episode 7

ksoukZZ.jpg

Erm, okay. Stay away from me, blue! >_<

I don't think I enjoyed this episode as much as I usually do for this series. The yuri jokes here felt like they were trying too hard, and hence had less effect. When the yuri stuff is more natural or subtle, it works a lot better. The direct ones just feel like excessive stupidity (which the characters are certainly have in spades).

The violence humor on the other hand, rocked. I dunno what it is about Yui's violent tendencies, but it's just hilarious to me. Watching pink and blue go into full stupid mode and get a beating as a result is always fun. :D

The visual polish this week feels a tad off too, which is a pity, since when the show looks good it really looks good. Hope it bounces back fast.

---

Aku no Hana - Episode 7

That was really quite good. It's nice to see the show finally do something with the pieces its been setting up, and the build up to the climax was solid. I liked the fact that the episode had a bunch of new backgrounds too, compared to the last few episodes (lol). It'll certainly be interesting to see where the story goes from here, since the climax was definitely a major game changer. I hope they don't find a cheap way to dance around it, or reset the situation.

CorvoSol

Slayers 16

Lina, Gourry and Amelia's antics ruin a play today. They were traveling with the troupe as a means of safe travel and easy food, since well, they can't go into towns without running into bounty hunters anymore.

I posted this in the "tired of anime" thread and it was suggested i repost it here so...

The last anime i enjoyed were samurai 7 and Speed Grapher, especially Speed Grapher...i bought every single episode during the early years of the 360. I think it was all the "kinda superpowers" the characters had that interested me the most (im a big fan of American superhero comics).

I don't even know if it's considered a good show to other anime fans but if anyone has any suggestions on something similar i'd love to hear it.

I also dig stuff from the 80s & 90's. Ive seen classics like Akira and GiTS. Loved Aria, voltron but i think that's all ive seen. If anyone has suggestions on that front id love that too...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Will do.

<--------- Goes in search for some Mana x Regina pics, ends up with a MakoPi x Rikka avatar. I need to learn some restraint and stop getting sidetracked. ;_;

Don't you mean Regulus x madp?

Regina is awesome.

Her breakdown will be glorious

It's just going to be bad. The other villain conversions in previous seasons worked because
Setsuna/Ellen
were good at heart and were only doing bad things due to indoctrination/brainwashing, but Regina is enjoyable precisely because of her gleeful malevolence. If she gets turned, we lose all of that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I posted this in the "tired of anime" thread and it was suggested i repost it here so...

If you're a fan of superpowers, try some more recent series like Tiger & Bunny, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Code:Breaker, Hellsing Ultimate, and Darker than Black. I can't guarantee that you'll like them all, but you should hopefully like some. I'm sure that someone with more knowledge of older super-high-budget action/psychological stuff than me will come along and give you some good suggestions based on those criteria.

It's just going to be bad. The other villain conversions in previous seasons worked because
Setsuna/Ellen
were good at heart and were only doing bad things due to indoctrination/brainwashing, but Regina is enjoyable precisely because of her gleeful malevolence. If she gets turned, we lose all of that.

Well when you put it that way, I'm going to fear the midseason stuff.

What's the happiest anime ever? I need something disgustingly happy. No conflict, no death, just happiness all the time. Can't really deal with anything else right now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What's the happiest anime ever? I need something disgustingly happy. No conflict, no death, just happiness all the time. Can't really deal with anything else right now.

The obvious answers are things like K-On!, Nichijou, Hidamari Sketch, Azumanga Daioh, etc. Acchi Kocchi is pretty happy, too.

But if you're really in dire need of some happiness, just go marathon Poyopoyo. That should do the trick!

Jex

Glad you posted in here, hopefully some folks here can be of help.
If you're a fan of superpowers, try some more recent series like Tiger & Bunny, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Code:Breaker, Hellsing Ultimate, and Darker than Black. I can't guarantee that you'll like them all, but you should hopefully like some. I'm sure that someone with more knowledge of older super-high-budget action/psychological stuff than me will come along and give you some good suggestions based on those criteria.

Those sound like some solid recommendations.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
kayos better come up with a real thread title now for AnimeGAF.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| Don't worry, we're done with anime too.
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| Anime: Not a Legit Medium
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| Ever since Bebop, anime has been shit.
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| What's your favorite Shakespeare novel?
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| You can't trust our opinions - we all have moe avatars.

duckroll

You could check out the following shows:
- sCRYed
- Gun x Sword
- Guilty Crown
- Code Geass
- Ninja Scroll TV

You'll probably also enjoy these movies:
- Sword of the Stranger
- Sword of the Stranger
- Sword of the Stranger
- Sword of the Stranger

Hope that helps.

Edit: Oh yeah, the recommendations of Code:Breaker and Darker than BLACK are great too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Poyopoyo work here?

I suggested that too, but now that I've seen his thread in OT...maybe something involving a pet isn't a good idea...(I'm so sorry, cosmic ;_;).

So uh...Puchimas maybe? I'm trying to think of things that aren't commonly recommended, but nothing's really coming to mind...Morita-san wa Mukuchi, maybe? Or Tamayura?

CorvoSol

Gun x Sword 13

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Oh man oh man oh man. The cool battle and the crazy revelation that it was all that guy's fault and the mental ravaging "JOIN ME" extended claw and then the bullet taking and the throat slicing and blood spurting and music and the screaming and the mad laughter and the hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffff.

SO GOOD.

Narag

I suggested that too, but now that I've seen his thread in OT...maybe something involving a pet isn't a good idea...(I'm so sorry, cosmic ;_;).

So uh...Puchimas maybe? I'm trying to think of things that aren't commonly recommended, but nothing's really coming to mind...Morita-san wa Mukuchi, maybe? Or Tamayura?

Whoops, saw the thread earlier on my phone but didn't see who posted it. How awkward.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

I just finished Night Raid 1931. It's like X-Men meets James Bond meets film noir. The main cast have various superpowers that they use as part of a spy agency (and some of the villains too, for their own ends). It's okay, can be really dry at times, but not bad, might be what you're looking for.

Code:Breaker and Code Geass are good recs. Maybe the Mardock Scramble movies too?

Soma

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| Don't worry, we're done with anime too.
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| Anime: Not a Legit Medium
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| Ever since Bebop, anime has been shit.
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| What's your favorite Shakespeare novel?
Spring Anime 2013 |OT-9| You can't trust our opinions - we all have moe avatars.

I like all of these especially the last one.

Also, I think it's about time we ditch the negative numbers and start over.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Happiest? No idea. You've probably watched Golden Boy which is my go-to show for just putting a big grin on my face, just cause it's hilarious, but not exactly 'happy'.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Don't you mean Regulus x madp?

Ah, indeed! :lol

Setsuna/Ellen

I don't know, I think Regina has a similar case to the two mentioned. Like, we've seen some good of her as she used magic to help Mana doing menial tasks, and her heart turns to fluff whenever she sees Ai, who responds to her quite well (which gives us the signal that someone besides Mana can see the good in her). At this time Regina does not understand what friendship really is and I feel that once she makes her heel turn and
becomes a Precure a bit of her selfishness will still remain (where she'll still be possessive of Mana).

Setsuna/Ellen

I'm convinced they can make it work

Ah, indeed! :lol

I don't know, I think Regina has a similar case to the two mentioned. Like, we've seen some good of her as she used magic to help Mana doing menial tasks, and her heart turns to fluff whenever she sees Ai, who responds to her quite well (which gives us the signal that someone besides Mana can see the good in her). At this time Regina does not understand what friendship really is and I feel that once she makes her heel turn and
becomes a Precure a bit of her selfishness will still remain (where she'll still be possessive of Mana).

It would be nice if she still had some of that in order to not make everyone feel chummy all the time.

Smile Precure 29

The Homework episode... or rather, lack of it.

So they wanted to do their homework, but instead they were forced to play games by the Bad End Kingdom. Filled with cheating from both sides (and Reika the Robot still Roboting).
See GoGo, at least this team is competent and not getting beaten to the point that your game show was split into two episodes! Either that or the villains aren't as competent.... Hmmmm

Yayoi/Cure Peace was glowing throughout this episode, even if it lead to her downfall at the end. Of course.... Thanks Reika, for effectively shit talking your friends into victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom