• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Typical Jewelpet Sunshine scene:
tumblr_ljvr0uULPe1qa5lnao1_1280.png

7Th

I loved how fans of Madoka got punched in the face by Shaft completely redesigning Mami's apartment. I still smile while thinking about it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There were complaints about something like that?!

People were reading too deeply into the symbolism of Mami's empty room, so when SHAFT changed it was like "Oh yeah, it's meaningless, we were just too lazy".

Oregairu 2

Okay episode. Still can't decide if I like the MC or not, but at least he (tried) to stand up for Yui against the blond. Yui herself, is starting to seriously grow on me after having the talk with her friends and started sleeping while she read the novel. Yukino as well, since she's still providing those truth bombs that everyone can't deal with. I believe the new guy was supposed to be the comedic addition to the cast but everything he did honestly fell flat. Doesn't really help that there have been others like him before who've done the same, but were actually funny.

-Horizon-

Oreimo 2 episode 4

well then, I'm curious as to see what was in that doujin
Since I haven't read any of the light novels, I have no clue what is going to happen in the next episode but I guess it will be entertaining to say the least based on the title alone

Jex

People were reading too deeply into the symbolism of Mami's empty room, so when SHAFT changed it was like "Oh yeah, it's meaningless, we were just too lazy".

Now, I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that fans were reading too deeply into the background art there. Under normal circumstances that would have been a perfectly coherent reading of the text. However, it failed to take account of the fact that SHAFT pay absolutely no attention to background art. If only they'd taken that into account they wouldn't have attempted such a reading!

Now, I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that fans were reading too deeply into the background art there. Under normal circumstances that would have been a perfectly coherent reading of the text. However, it failed to take account of the fact that SHAFT pay absolutely no attention to background art. If only they'd taken that into account they wouldn't have attempted such a reading!

Did it hurt?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

True, true, I was just being snide as usual.

rip Milky Holmes

The "Milky Holmes Sisters Member Scout Audition" finals revealed on Saturday the title, staff, and other details about the new Milky Holmes television anime. The 12-minute episodes of Futari wa Milky Holmes will premiere this July on Tokyo MX TV and other stations.

Hiroshi Nishikiori (Azumanga Daioh, A Certain Magical Index, Angelic Layer) is directing at J.C. Staff and Nomad. Hideki Shirane (Date A Live, Hayate the Combat Butler) is in charge of the scripts, and Mariko Fujita (Galaxy Angel, Kämpfer, Rosario + Vampire) is designing the characters.

In this story set two years after the previous anime works, the new "Milky Holmes Feathers" group are kōhai to the earlier four Milky Holmes girls. The two new characters are Kazumi and Arisu (Alice), two 12-year-old girls. Kazumi with a black motif (pictured above) will be voiced by Aimi Terakawa, while the voice of Arisu with a white motif (pictured below) announced on Saturday as Ayasa Itō.

Nafe

Valvrave The LIberator

and lol'd and lol'd...

--The following contains major spoilers!--

I wasn't really a big fan of the first episode of Valvrave. For a show that's just starting to air and nobody has seen yet, it honestly felt more like my third or fourth re-watch as it just felt so generic, by the books and predictable and I haven't even seen that many mecha shows. Most of the plot points or twists I could see before they happened and weren't really any surprise. I wasn't convinced at
the death of Shoko

Then we had a mecha that seemed to be powered by a Staples easy button and turned its pilot into a Gundam God once a certain something was confirmed. The fight was interesting enough to watch but the ending was hit and miss.
Haruto getting killed was a surprise but then there was the whole scene about giving up his humanity so any tension was kind of dissipated immediately as I knew he wasn't dead. I honestly was expecting something more to happened when he confirmed the selection but when it didn't I figured it would just happen later. When he died it was more of a "Okay, this is where it's going to happen then. " Not to mention he was in the opening. Unless that was all a major red herring on the part of Sunrise all for a quick post credit sequence in the first episode. Which seemed way above and beyond even for Sunrise. The vampire thing was then the next actually surprising thing.

I haven't seen all of the second episode yet and will have to go back and finish it but it started out entertaining enough when the twist from the last episode was further explored and I thought some interesting things could come of it. The rest fell back into that okay or generic tone though and the plot twists or revelations just felt more like dumb to the point of being dumb and not entertaining.

Then we get to the third episode and move over Kira Yamato because there's a new space Jesus in town!

Okay, so
L-Elf is mocking the guards for taking fifteen minutes to figure out that he's missing. His escape route is on a lower floor than he's at but there's explosives set up on these lower floors. When he got lower down apparently instead of carrying on and escaping he decided to double back and plant some explosives only so he could re-escape, this time blowing up said explosives. Apparently you need to make a flashy exit and people need to see it even if they're going to die as a result of it.

After that he
somehow disables a ship with a smoke screen.
"This ships sensors are for display purposes only!"
"Aah, the radar is only painted on!"

Then he
locks a door and sucks the guys out the airlock or blows away the wall with more explosives he made up out of thin air. Some single ships come in to attack him but luckily he has his Enemy Skill Materia equipped so he can cast Magic Missile and have them come out of nowhere to blow up these ships. Just in time to meet with Haruto carrying out his master plan he mentioned near the beginning.

I think this show might be the real Saints Young Men with all the miracles I've seen performed so far, especially in episode 3.

The show actually has a pretty big all star cast of seiyuu which is nice and they apparently want to make the most use of them as possible. You have Yuki Kaji doing not only the voice of the shorter guy with L-Elf but also a nameless student of the school, a mega sports celebrity and another nameless person working on the bridge of the ship who you don't see. Three or all of these are even in the same episode and he doesn't even change his voice for whatever reason when I know he can.

I don't think the show is really that great but when it goes into full stupid mode it can be pretty entertaining so I'm going to keep watching to see if and how they can top themselves.

"Where did all these explosives and missiles come from?"
"It's Valvrave Marge. It doesn't have to make sense."

Majestic Prince 4
tumblr_mluhthRIX11r097alo1_500.png

Ended up watching it twice, but it was intense both times on the day it aired and on today. Izuru was awesome and the rest of the team does still show continuing signs of doing better than they were said to do while in their school days. I just hope it leads to more results like we saw in episode one.

Still enjoyable and they are making me care for not only all of rabbits but potentially Rin-Rin too.
when she got all emotional there in the middle of battle and the her relief when she could actually save Izuru, was done so well

I think one flaw are the panels and displays. After watching Space Battleship Yamato 2199 these past few months, I guess most displays and panels just look rather unpolished and lacking much detail or splendor.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
OreImo S2 04:

.... the first 5 minutes were fucking painful to watch.

Ria is a way better imouto than Kirino.

Articalys

The average number of hours/week spent on AnimeGAF was 17, with a median of around 10 hours -- relatively unchanged from the earlier survey. About half the respondents answered under 14 hours/week, and there were five people who answered "“too many to count”.
The most common combination was a desktop + smartphone, followed by laptops only, then a tie between desktops only and laptop + smartphone. Everybody at least used a desktop and/or a laptop. Two people said they used all four kinds of devices regularly, but neither of them were also one of the 3DS/Vita people.
These two are self-explanatory. The split between people who mainly used a desktop/laptop at home was about the same as the normal desktop/laptop split.
The scale was 1=exceedingly slow and 10=exceedingly fast.
The results are about what I expected; most people seem to feel that the thread moves rapidly, but not to a point where it’s unmanageable, with almost 80% of respondents agreeing on a rate between 6 and 8. Some people provided detail on their response here in later questions.

Parts 2 (post preferences breakdown) and 3 (open answer questions) to come later.

Oreimo 2.4

Garbage show for garbage people. The pandering this episode was just unreal! Though I have to say I'm enjoying the relative lack of Kuroneko so far. Almost makes it bearable.

Oreimo S2 E4

First 5 minutes was quite Pandaring to say the least, but at least he has another girl to add to his harem.

Also obligatory Engrish segment.

Next episode will be creepy and there hasn't been enough Kuroneko.

tumblr_mljocbavOI1qdfvslo1_500.jpg

Oregairu 3

Well that was bad. Did not care an ounce for either of the two popular blonds and they really ruined the entire show the moment they showed up. If the episode had just concentrated on Hiki and Totsuka new found friendship, this could have been much more enjoyable since Hiki's inner monologue was actually good for once.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
tumblr_mljocbavOI1qdfvslo1_500.jpg

Oregairu 3

Well that was bad. Did not care an ounce for either of the two popular blonds and they really ruined the entire show the moment they showed up. If the episode had just concentrated on Hiki and Totsuka new found friendship, this could have been much more enjoyable since Hiki's inner monologue was actually good for once.

Best
non-
girl

Taruranto

The average number of hours/week spent on AnimeGAF was 17, with a median of around 10 hours -- relatively unchanged from the earlier survey. About half the respondents answered under 14 hours/week, and there were five people who answered "“too many to count”.

The most common combination was a desktop + smartphone, followed by laptops only, then a tie between desktops only and laptop + smartphone. Everybody at least used a desktop and/or a laptop. Two people said they used all four kinds of devices regularly, but neither of them were also one of the 3DS/Vita people.

These two are self-explanatory. The split between people who mainly used a desktop/laptop at home was about the same as the normal desktop/laptop split.

The scale was 1=exceedingly slow and 10=exceedingly fast.
The results are about what I expected; most people seem to feel that the thread moves rapidly, but not to a point where it’s unmanageable, with almost 80% of respondents agreeing on a rate between 6 and 8. Some people provided detail on their response here in later questions.

Parts 2 (post preferences breakdown) and 3 (open answer questions) to come later.

Do you happen to have a link the previous surveys results?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's a joke-sub someone made when people in /a/ complained about lack of subs.

Damn it, internet. If they have time to troll they have time to translate!

edit: how the hell am I #2 on the wall right now? Looks like I need to practice some self-restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom