• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

You know... when we were talking these past days about openings, did that include visual opening sequences from films? Because I was thinking earlier of Mr. Morimoto's Dirty Pair movie one, and damn if it doesn't deserves any honorable mention!

Jex

You know... when we were talking these past days about openings, did that include visual opening sequences from films? Because I was thinking earlier of Mr. Morimoto's Dirty Pair movie one, and damn if it doesn't deserves any honorable mention!

Well, someone already brought it up, and I've brought it up in the past. I'd say it counts because, well, it pretty much serves the same purpose as an opening in a television series.

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun 3
Some people may be so so about the Sisters-Noise arc being done again from Misaka's view, but I actually like the new perspective. Its nice to get into the story of what actually happened instead of Index's "Touma-Punch" brute force through the story. Can't wait for next episode considering the plot is beginning to thicken.

The average number of hours/week spent on AnimeGAF was 17, with a median of around 10 hours -- relatively unchanged from the earlier survey. About half the respondents answered under 14 hours/week, and there were five people who answered "“too many to count”.

The most common combination was a desktop + smartphone, followed by laptops only, then a tie between desktops only and laptop + smartphone. Everybody at least used a desktop and/or a laptop. Two people said they used all four kinds of devices regularly, but neither of them were also one of the 3DS/Vita people.

These two are self-explanatory. The split between people who mainly used a desktop/laptop at home was about the same as the normal desktop/laptop split.

The scale was 1=exceedingly slow and 10=exceedingly fast.
The results are about what I expected; most people seem to feel that the thread moves rapidly, but not to a point where it’s unmanageable, with almost 80% of respondents agreeing on a rate between 6 and 8. Some people provided detail on their response here in later questions.

Parts 2 (post preferences breakdown) and 3 (open answer questions) to come later.

From the complaints I would have assumed more people would have browsed this thread at work or school.
Or maybe that's why.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 44

This episode saw the return of
Cure Flower.
It looked temporary, but now that
Dune
is back, it may have to last a bit longer.

Only five more episodes. I don't want it to end. ;__;

Jex

The average number of hours/week spent on AnimeGAF was 17, with a median of around 10 hours -- relatively unchanged from the earlier survey. About half the respondents answered under 14 hours/week, and there were five people who answered "“too many to count”.
[...]

Parts 2 (post preferences breakdown) and 3 (open answer questions) to come later.

Good stuff. The number of people viewing from work should be zero though, considering some of the material that gets posted here.

Heartcatch Precure 44

Cure Flower.
Dune

That feel.

Siiigh, not having a full stomach right now is keeping me from straight marathoning the last 4.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 44

Cure Flower.
Dune

PXLw6IA.gif
We've all been there...

/XX/

Well, someone already brought it up, and I've brought it up in the past. I'd say it counts because, well, it pretty much serves the same purpose as an opening in a television series.
I missed that Narag posted it earlier, sorry man... and thanks for posting it!

Conan-san

Majestic Prince 4
I've just realised Tamaki's hair makes it look like she has dog ears.

Nothing to say on the show itself, it wasn't an episode to change my impression ether way, but I do like the little detials like that.

That and Suruga counting down to her crashing, that was hilariously adorkable.

Gundam Seed HD Remaster 36 (bd)
tumblr_mlxloh5LTS1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Good action scenes even if the music introduced this half was awkward and feeling out of place...Poor Dearka, thought I dont know where he goes now, I hope somehow he joins Archangle folks as that would be a good and interesting change, as he could really lend a hand and be a great ally and asset. I love the new developments at the end, plot is definitely going how I would like it
Assuming Kira and Athrun finally join forces for the rest of this anime and bringing about peace on earth and space.

Minor thing.
I didnt know there was romance in Gundams, the two kissing scenes with Mu La Flaga and Murrue Ramius, was a bit shocking and odd to see. The other gundam's I saw never did that.

Narag

Majestic Prince 4
I've just realised Tamaki's hair makes it look like she has dog ears.

I laugh every time they see it. Her defining characteristics are huge breasts, dog ear hair, and being extremely whiny. This makes her memorable in all the wrong ways.

Oreimo s2 4

I'm going to guess Kirino
needs to pretend to have a boyfriend for whatever reason next episode.
That's usually how these developments go.

ayQ2vtb.jpg

Oregairu 4

Not enough Totsuka.

All the best moments recently have happened when Totsuka and Hiki have interacted with each other. Hiki just keeps letting his guard down more so than when he's with either Yui or Yukino and should just accept Totsuka as his friend. Hopefully, now that they are teamed together with Hayato for the field trip, there will be more screentime for all of them to get along better.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 45

So Dune just came in and basically defeated the Precure and destroyed the Heart Tree and (almost) ended the world in a matter of minutes.

That few minutes where everybody was going back to their homes and seeing them destroyed and thinking everyone was dead was like loading a 50ib. feels cannonball into a cannon and shooting it into my gut from two feet away. Apocalypses ain't for the faint of heart. And then Momoka was alive and then came and hugged Erika and cried about how she was so worried and it was all emotional and aaawwwwwwwww...damn I cant even write straight.

I liked the part where they were fighting the Sunackys and Coppe-sama just grabs that one's head and looks at him like "Bitch, you better think long and hard about what you're about to do here", and it just drops its spear and falls down. Coppe -samais going to do something amazing. I feel it.

Shit's gettin' real now.

Jex

[Animatrix: The Second Renaissance]

There's a lot more ugly CG in this then I had remembered. Also, the quality of the BD encode isn't great in places.

It's still pretty great for what is essentially an exposition dump.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
[Animatrix: The Second Renaissance]

There's a lot more ugly CG in this then I had remembered. Also, the quality of the BD encode isn't great in places.

It's still pretty great for what is essentially an exposition dump.
You're making me want to rewatch the Animatrix. Loved it when I last watched it probably... 5+ years ago.

There are so many good things about it I remember but the slow-mo bird scene in Beyond takes the cake.

Tomat

They were all pretty great. The only one I didn't really care for was Matriculated.

Tomat

Let's not forget the joy of the Final Flight of the Osiris.

There's always one.
That one would probably the second lowest on the list.

LIST TIME!!

1. Beyond
  2. A Detective Story
  3. World Record
  4. Kid's Story
  5. The Second Renaissance
  6. Program
  7. Final Flight of the Osiris
  8. Matriculated

List order doesn't mean all that much since the only ones I'm really not crazy about are Osiris and Matriculated. Number 2 spot is probably a tie between World Record and A Detective Story

Jex

[Muromi-san] - 4

Possibly the least amusing episode so far. At least there were a selection of nice animation cuts, as usual.

Next wee: breasts, breasts and more breasts.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Heartcatch Precure 45

I liked the part where they were fighting the Sunackys and Coppe-sama just grabs that one's head and looks at him like "Bitch, you better think long and hard about what you're about to do here", and it just drops its spear and falls down. Coppe -samais going to do something amazing. I feel it.
Told you Heartcatch had the best fairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom