• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartcatch Precure! Episode 46

Gotta have our Mosou. 1 on 1 fights with Kumojacky and Cobraja against Cure Marine and Cure Sunshine. A moment for everyone to shine! We get some more plot revelations with Sabaaku, with more context behind Cure Moonlight's last stand, which begs the question, who is he, and why did he create what's basically a clone of Cure Moonlight?

Speaking of which, it is set up for Cure Moonlight vs Dark Precure. Grandma is saved with the help of Coupe, but we can't have Moonlight fight Sabaaku. This was pretty fucking awesome just watching it, and I really like how everyone will get a chance to shine before the final showdown to save the Earth

Oh and Kumobraja combo were purified. But not before they admitted their "feelings" towards each other.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know who has it worse, Sawashiro stuck on two bad shows or Kobayashi getting stuck in a bad show with a bit part.

But, actors gotta eat, so what can ya do.

7Th

Erika vs Kumojacky was the best final fight in Heartcatch; mainly due to Erika punching Kumojacky in the face in the middle of his speech.

Sawashiro's also on Idol Boys 2000% as Ms. Fish Eye Moe~

Hypnotoad-chan is the best name for her.

Hentai Ouji 3

I'm a bit disappointed one of the main selling points/conflicts has already been resolved. I'm hoping
something else happens that forces the dude to lose his facade again.

Hentai Ouji 3

I'm a bit disappointed one of the main selling points/conflicts has already been resolved. I'm hoping
something else happens that forces the dude to lose his facade again.

I imagine he will just cause the one of the whole lessons so far has been be true to yourself.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 46

Kumojacky vs. Marine. Cobraja vs. Sunshine. One-on-one. This is something the series really didn't have a lot of at all. I enjoyed the fights though. And, with a little help from the fairies, Precure win, and purify Cobraja and Kumojacky.

Pretty ominous ending. Moonlight and Dark Precure about to have an epic bout, while Sabaaku watches. As she's going to help Moonlight, Grandma tells her not to let Moonlight and Sabaaku fight. Wonder what that would entail. It turns out that Sabaaku created Dark Precure, but I don't know exactly how that relates to him and Moonlight and why them fighting would be bad. Him not attacking her and finishing her off when he had the chance way back when probably has something to do with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sawashiro's also on Idol Boys 2000% as Ms. Fish Eye Moe~
Hypnotoad-chan is the best name for her.
Holy shit. When she turns down/off the gravelly voice, she is basically indistinguishable from the sea of generic anime actresses. Like Omigawa when she turns off her nails on chalkboard voice. lol

(I guess that's also why I haven't bothered keeping up with the Ponies... normal Sawashiro is boring Sawashiro.)

Well at least she's the best girl in one of those bad shows.
I'm not sure which show that is!

Miyuki Sawashiro is in 8 currently running shows:

Devil Survivor 2
Hunter X Hunter
Jewelpet Happiness
Majestic Prince
My Little Pony
Photo Kano
Space Brothers
Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 2000%

Devil Survivor 2
Hunter X Hunter
Jewelpet Happiness
Majestic Prince
My Little Pony
Photo Kano
Space Brothers

Best girl
Best boygirl (not watching)
Best mascot (I assume)
Probably best girl
Best pony (most likely)
All girls are pretty boring
Best girl
Only girl (I think)

Heartcatch Precure! Episode 47

TIME OUT, Permission granted, as Marine and Sunshine plots to use the acts of Stealth to also look for Grandma. Back to the core focus of this episode. Moonlight and Dark Precure dukes it out at their best, and Blossom stops Sabaaku from interfering. Moonlight shoots off a beam to take Dark Precure out, but Sabaaku prevents Moonlight's attack from finishing her off, destroying his mask in the process.

Sabaaku is revealed to be Yuri's Father. DUN DUN DUUUUUN. Blossom defends a weakened Yuri and gave her feelings to get back into action and finish off Dark Precure for good.

The mask seems to be hiding Sabaaku's emotions, considering he looked rather weak and and regretful for what he did, especially upon the revelation that Cure Moonlight was his daughter. We got two more episodes left. I don't want this to be over, but in the end, it has to be this waaaaay

Articalys

I continue to somewhat regret watching Heartcatch as my first Precure, since it set my standards for the series, even though I now know that Heartcatch itself was an outlier among the different seasons and nothing's probably going to ever match up to it.

Speaking of Precure, here's the cover art for the upcoming character album for Sword (Kanako Miyamoto). Eight songs in all:
L1yZd3o.jpg
Sounds like they'll be making more for the rest of the cast.

I continue to somewhat regret watching Heartcatch as my first Precure, since it set my standards for the series, even though I now know that Heartcatch itself was an outlier among the different seasons and nothing's probably going to ever match up to it.

At this point, I'm starting to think that making it my last one to finish it back then would've been ideal. However, the build up from watching everything in order made this dessert all the sweeter. I'm glad I've watched everything in order. Although it does severely lessens the impact of Doki Doki Precure since the monster concept feels like a shittier version of what Heartcatch does.

Andrew J.

JJBA (2012) 04

I was sure that frog was a goner. Lucky for him Baron Zeppeli's too classy for needless death.

I enjoy a good training arc, but this early in a series it's probably best to do it like this, with a couple minutes of montage and then throwing the hero into the fire.

Syrinx

Heartcatch Precure 47

Okay...I saw the title of the episode beforehand. And then I remembered what Grandma said, and that Yuri's father had gone missing...I put it together before the reveal.

That being said, MEGATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Yuri. She's really been dragged through the mud emotionally for the longest time. But she keeps getting back up and fighting. And at the end she heartcatch's Dark Precure after a great battle with her.

So now it seems Dark Precure is taken care of. Sabaaku looks broken. Sasorina, Kumojacky, and Cobraja are out of the picture. All that's left is Dune. Will he massively overpower them again? Are there more megatons? I don't know. Well...I know that the Precure will defeat him; I'm just not sure how. But this arc is exciting as hell.

Marine and Sunshine as Sunackies was pretty funny. Especially that exchange they had in the hallway with them. A little comic relief when shit gettin' real is hitting critical levels is a good thing. But there seems to be no more time for that.

sol_bad

Gargantia 1-3

Seems like an alright show but are all conflicts going to involve an under powered enemy and an over powered hero?

Theonik

Muromi-san 04
I guess they had to make the obligatory Lupin III reference sooner or later. Also lolis.
Great sakuga as always too!

You watched the movie before the ending? Is that how I'm supposed to do it?

Only for this and Suite apparently. It's more on the lines of tying a character to a character so you can understand it more, but you can go either way. I watched it when movie clips were in the opening because it pissed me off at how much was being spoiled per episode. Other than that, there's no real spoilers where you're at right now.

Heartcatch Precure! Episode 48

Dark Precure gets quite the send off. AND THEN DUNE WITH HIS CREEPY ASS FACE, even during his fights. The combined might of the Professor, Moonlight, and Blossom do not stand up to Dune, reducing them into their Dress forms. However, The Professor goes through Redemption, sacrificing himself to save the Precure.

Dune really has something other villains lack in this series. He wants you to hate him, he really is a cut above the rest of the Precure villians, fucking with peoples lives like no man's business. Yuri wants to fight with hatred, but Blossom does the leadery thing and steers her off that path. The power of renewed hope gave them the power to stand up to Dune. Sunshine and Marine show up to help beat the shit out of him, and followed up with Fortissimos and the Power of the God Hand. But wait, it can't be over just yet, we have one more episode kids!

Super awesome

PsionBolt

You watched the movie before the ending? Is that how I'm supposed to do it?

Well, you're supposed to watch them around when previews for them show up in the OP. That's when they hit theatres, after all.

Some of the movies suck after the series (like All Stars movies lacking Cures who appear late because they aired early), but Heartcatch's movie is fine to watch afterwards. The tie-in isn't hugely significant.

Syrinx

Well, you're supposed to watch them around when previews for them show up in the OP. That's when they hit theatres, after all.

Some of the movies suck after the series (like All Stars movies lacking Cures who appear late because they aired early), but Heartcatch's movie is fine to watch afterwards. The tie-in isn't hugely significant.

Oh, so that's what those clips in the OP were.

I'm already deep into the final arc so I can't back out now. I'll watch when I'm done.

You know I thought the inbetween eye catches felt weird considering where I'm at right now, but that was really weird for the last episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Devil Survivor 2
Hunter X Hunter
Jewelpet Happiness
Majestic Prince
My Little Pony
Photo Kano
Space Brothers

As much as I like Sawashiro, other than her sexy, throaty, growly voice, she really doesn't have much going for her. Then again, it's not like any of these roles are really asking much of her.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Heartcatch Precure! Fashion Show in the City of Flowers or Something It Has a Long Name]
Very poorly. So many plotholes. Though I suppose it's normal for this sort of thing.
That plot hole can be explained with
Sabaaku was an old man with Alzheimer's

It really is nothing major. :/

Theonik

[Heartcatch Precure! Fashion Show in the City of Flowers or Something It Has a Long Name]

That plot hole can be explained with
Sabaaku was an old man with Alzheimer's

It really is nothing major. :/
It really doesn't though admittedly it doesn't matter. Just have to view it as it is, a pretty much unrelated excuse to get more HeartCatch, which is never a bad thing!
It's a good movie!

wonzo

Banned
I'm betting on swimming anime not being about swimming like how music anime isn't really about music and mystery anime isn't about mysteries.
I dunno about that, I think they mentioned they had a dedicated water animation director during the announcement.

Man, it's been a while!
Still, I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion with the girlfriend.
Like, 10 episodes.

This show is amazing.
Shinji is alright now.
Rei is a log. No personality.
Asuka bugs me, and I don't know why.
The robots are fucking rad and I want a figure of the purple one.

I very much like this anime, and I can't wait to see more.

Oh! And I was wondering about Devil Survivor 2.
How many episodes have there been?
It's been crazy at work, and I've lost quite a bit of time.

CorvoSol

Man, it's been a while!
Like, 10 episodes.

This show is amazing.
Shinji is alright now.

Oh! And I was wondering about Devil Survivor 2.
How many episodes have there been?
It's been crazy at work, and I've lost quite a bit of time.

Is this your first time through the series? I'm super hyped for you watching the final episodes.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Man, it's been a while!
Like, 10 episodes.

This show is amazing.
Shinji is alright now.

Are you implying you are watching Evangelion for the first time and without any prior knowledge? oh boy oh boy oh boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom