• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Fate Zero Episodes 3-8

lol this is some hugely compelling fantastical nonsense

Yes. That was my thought too. It's basically a show built around technobabble, but directed and produced in such a compelling way I couldn't look away. Great production values, really slick direction, and solid voice work. Despite all the technobabble, the script is pretty tight too. Conversations flow really well.

Dynedom

Akito 02 needs to come soon so I can get some of that sweet CG mecha action.

Hataraku Maou-Sama 01-02

Chiho for best girl and
best rack, cot damn

The iDOLm@ster 1

30X3z.jpg

Not sure why the a is a @.

So it's like an interview episode and I'm the camera man? It's like I'm being told of my future potential waifu's traits or something.

SAki side A - 016

This episode was Excellent .. almost a masterpiece ..but the amount of godly things that happenned was way over the top.( in a good way )

Saki%20Episode%20of%20Side%20A%20-%2016.jpg

You can feel the tension during this finale.

The sheer amount of strategies in play was stunning and even more the conclusion!
The true "finale" better be so over the top it's great because that semi-finale was excellent on all fronts.

The "master of the mountain" special skill is powerfull but doesn't seem broken ( by saki power standards i mean ) It's powerfull indeed But several characters managed to get past it ( if only a little ) during that episode. And When you think about nodoka hability ( that is omnipotent ) i can't wait to see what the clash will be . ( she also need the dice roll to set up her territory, that's way too many conditions for a fight but who knows ... )

We also have a revenge planned ! That part will be one of the high point of the finale.

The final sequence on the new arena was a nice touch , seeing a complete growth of many characters in the serie. A definitive PLUS.

Overall Saki side A won me over despite a "meh" start. But now i'm totally cheering for them They also didn't hide the original cast and that is a plus because it feels like it's a whole world.

Verdict ( episode ) : 9.5/10
Verdict ( Series ) : 8.8/10

Kurita

Oh dude there's a J-Drama version of GTO? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Show me Tomoko and I'll decide if I'm picking up or not.

Actually there was also a GTO drama in 1998. The final episode is the most watched program ever in Japan.
The new one (often called GTO 2012), which aired last year, is more faithful to the manga, even though there are still minor differences.

Tomoko's boobs aren't that big in the 2012 version
Y5nYbgf.jpg

But yeah, don't expect the drama to be a 1:1 adaptation, just watch it as a "reboot". It's definitely enjoyable.

Jex

The iDOLm@ster 1

So it's like an interview episode and I'm the camera man? It's like I'm being told of my future potential waifu's traits or something.
You almost make it sound like there's something unsavoury about the Idolm@ster.

CorvoSol

Actually there was also a GTO drama in 1998. The final episode is the most watched program ever in Japan.
The new one (often called GTO 2012), which aired last year, is more faithful to the manga, even though there are still minor differences.

Tomoko's boobs aren't that big in the 2012 version
Y5nYbgf.jpg

But yeah, don't expect the drama to be a 1:1 adaptation, just watch it as a "reboot". It's definitely enjoyable.

Hmmm. What about Kanzaki? Is she still blonde and heterochromatic?

Westlo

RahXephon - 03

Yeap, I like this show.. the robot, production value, music and cinematography are top notch. Its technically well made.

What I love the most though is the mood, its very breeze and daunting.. everything move so crisp, from intense battle to the nonchalant scene, and its even have some nice horror movie moment in between that. Good stuff.

RIP Bones.

RahXephon was Best Bones, RIP Bones.

Damn Kirbyguy you're really going off the deep end here.

Makoto is the best girl, keep that in mind.

Didn't you see, I marathoned Max Heart in 3 days.

3 DAYS

3 DAYS

I have fallen off the deep end 2 months ago

You almost make it sound like there's something unsavoury about the Idolm@ster.

Well I don't know, but it's nice to know that I feel important for once. Maybe this is what the intro is like for the game.

jbug617

Banned
Looks like Sentai is going to release Gatchaman on Bluray and DVD in October. The OVAs will be DVD only.

New pickups thanks to Right Stuf sales.

BLIcdc6CEAANAtn.jpg

duckroll

You know what, something really tickles me about the great action animator Nakamura animating the action sequence for Professor Layton of all things: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxllom_mad-yutaka-nakamura-6-yyy_creation#.UaEEe5xUqZM

Incidentally, it's pretty sad that people have to take MAD's from youtube and put them elsewhere because they keep getting taken down.

Nakamura didn't animate anything in Layton. He hasn't animated anything outside of BONES for I think a decade now. There are animation cuts which some people always THINK he did, like one in BRS OVA, and one in the Layton movie, but he isn't credited on them, and I believe he has actually confirmed on Twitter that he did not work on them.

duckroll

Please tell me it doesn't suck.

It doesn't suck, but those tags are also extremely misleading. Un-Go is a special show for people like me who have suffered permanent brain damage from watching too much bad anime. If you're unsure as to what that means, I can't help you because I don't know what I'm talking about right now either.

Narag

Sorry, it does.

Imagine I've placed that Nichijou Yukko espresso gif here in lieu of the text you actually see.

It doesn't suck, but those tags are also extremely misleading. Un-Go is a special show for people like me who have suffered permanent brain damage from watching too much bad anime. If you're unsure as to what that means, I can't help you because I don't know what I'm talking about right now either.

I feel like I might be part of that target audience.

trejo

The OP is actually pretty damn good as well, it just tends to be glossed over since it's so outclassed by the ED. Not to mention it makes a ton more sense if you've watched the OVA.

That's not something that happens often.

Spice and Wolf II 05

I am liking the relationships Lawrence is developing in this episode. It's pretty nice that the show is still great even if Holo part of the focus right now.

Thoraxes

OreImo - 08

No amount of
troll imouto
can make up for
the ending. Fuck you Kuroneko. Bitch.

I don't know why, but i'm
actually legit mad at that ending.

I don't even know myself anymore. What have I become?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CorvoSol

Slayers 21

So Gourry gets his final duel with Zangulus, and Sylphiel learns Flare Arrow (although at first its more like a humorous flare carrot). Meanwhile the show suggests that there is more to Lina and Gourry's relationship than just bromance, and also teases a bit of Zel and Amelia, which is kind of odd because Amelia's like 14 and Zel is like, pretty old I guess, even if his demon/golem body is that of a young man. Contrast this with Fire Emblem's Nowi, who is 1000 years old and trapped in the body of like, a 14 year old.

Gourry wins the fight because Lina promises to buy him dinner. Power of food.

OreImo - 08

No amount of
troll imouto
can make up for
the ending. Fuck you Kuroneko. Bitch.

I don't know why, but i'm
actually legit mad at that ending.

I don't even know myself anymore. What have I become?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I knew this would happen.

Narag

Getter Robo 8

BJswzKwl.png

That's the stuff.

I'm really hoping I'm past what was just a bad start as this ep and previoue one or two have felt like such a turnaround. I suppose it's a matter of characters gaining some depth and introductions being concluded but the episodes feel better directed in ways I wish I could properly articulate. Rather than what felt like disjointed series of events early on, the eps feel like a more cohesive whole and much more engaging.

Then again it might just be Hayato beating the everloving shit out of someone with just a soccer ball that grabbed me.
Ok there's the whole part where you purposefully withholds info about Michiru being kidnapped so he can settle it himself rather than just burden Ryo who was initially the one that was supposed to be told. Inching up the ranking from jerk to jerk with a heart of gold, he is.

Syrinx

The iDOLm@ster 1

Just remember not to quit after the abysmal third episode. It gets better after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom