• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Oreimo. 8 Last 5 Minutes

ibnlDAO8YuGaVb.gif

jbug617

Banned
Oreimo 8

Come on man, they really going to do this.
The whole episode was very good and the last 30 seconds basically makes you pissed off. You can see that Kuroneko doesn't want Kirino to change because she is dating her brother but it does. Kuroneko basically is going to sacrifice her relationship for Kirino's happiness.
That is BS.

cajunator

Banned

Oh that's a GOOD one!

Hentai Ouji 7

Decent episode throughout, Tsukiko being adorable as per usual. King of Steel still confirms that she is the densest thing in anime, and is BEST GIRL BY DOING SO OH YES. New girl apparently appears next episode, let's see if she ruins the overall girl quality.

She ended up being a lot cuter and more likeable than I was expecting. Tsukiko is still my favorite one though.

Conan-san

Oreimo 8

Come on man, they really going to do this.
The whole episode was very good and the last 30 seconds basically makes you pissed off. You can see that Kuroneko doesn't want Kirino to change because she is dating her brother but it does. Kuroneko basically is going to sacrifice her relationship for Kirino's happiness.
That is BS.

That's incest!

CorvoSol

ZZ Gundam 13

For once, someone had a hard time escaping the Argama. I'm truly impressed. Meanwhile, Glemy spent his time looking up the skirt of a 12 year old girl. Yeah, he's like that. Chara is still freaking out, begging the question of how she got this far in the military, and Bright and Gottn contemplate suicide as their jobs continue to suck more and more.

Have I ever told you that I fucking love your episode impressions, Corvy-kun?

Who doesn't love his impressions?

His reactions are a gift to all.

Y'all're makin' me blush here.

"or is it simply just trying to create enough situations where the breasts of high schools girls can act contrary to gravity while zombies happen to chase the group?"

Do you really need anything else?

ilkv3b.gif

No arguments from me here. Just was curious if there was going to be an over arching story that ends it.

cajunator

Banned
Also what is going on with the lack of Manami on the show.

Also great to hear Kokoro Connect is getting a bluray release.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my wording but Kirino is upset about her brother is dating Kuroneko.

I'm gonna watch THAT SCENE in Kokoro connect over and over and over and over and over and then I will probably squee to death or something similar.

jbug617

Banned
Depending on which scene we're talking about here
"I've masturbated to you too"
, it was last year.

Inaban is the best, there's no way anyone could not think so.

Talking about the scene
in the nurse's room between Taichi and Inaba. Dereban was born after that scene

Talking about the scene

Truly a wonderful example of
the best girl winning so hard
. I didn't care that much for Kokoro Connect other than the Inaban goddess but every show should learn a thing or two from it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Count of Monte Cristo 3

cu7usGq.jpg

We can't stop here. This is vampire country.

Oh, Albert. So gullible. Keep whiteknighting for the Count and see what that gets you.

The funny thing is that that reveal has only made me more confused as the show goes on. Still not entirely sure the Count was telling the truth there. Either way, Peppo is a funny character.

I can't shake it either; I was like "heh, bullshit" after that. I like Peppo. Still kinda untrustworthy imo.

cajunator

Banned
Depending on which scene we're talking about here
"I've masturbated to you too"
, it was last year.

Inaban is the best, there's no way anyone could not think so.

Nopes. not that one!

Talking about the scene

Yes this. but also actually theres another scene. I posted it here even. But its a spoiler too.

Syrinx

Bakemonogatari 2

That scene at the altar was pretty intense, and it convinced me to keep going with this show. Dialogue is very hard to follow. Especially when there are so many camera pans to words and shit that aren't up there long enough to read.

So that girl is his friend now, but I hope her sarcastic nature isn't completely gone.

CorvoSol

The Count of Monte Cristo 3

Oh, Albert. So gullible. Keep whiteknighting for the Count and see what that gets you.

I can't shake it either; I was like "heh, bullshit" after that. I like Peppo. Still kinda untrustworthy imo.

The funny thing is, I wonder if the Count's plan would even work if Albert wasn't so infatuated with the guy. I mean, it's the Count of Monte Cristo and his charisma stat is through the roof, but Albert facilitates EVERYTHING for him.

Code Geass R2 12

Oh. Fucking. Bullshit.

Okay, let me get out of the way that Lelouch is a massive slimeball playing around at High School while Kallen, who he promised to save, languishes in a Britannian cell. Nunally's mercy or no, it's slimy of him. Biding your time doesn't cut it, either.

Are we clear on that? Good, because there's something else we need to talk about. Somethings, really.

First and foremost
THERE'S A FUCKING GEASS CANCELLER? WHERE WAS THIS SHIT WHEN IT COULD HAVE SAVED EUPHEMIA? FUCK, SHE COULD'VE RUN AWAY AND HAD A QUIET LIFE WITH SUZAKU SOMEWHERE, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. INSTEAD LORD ORANJEREMIAH GETS IT.

Glad to have vented that, because here's where, above all else, the show finally shows some really, truly, inexcusably bad writing. SHIRLEY. I mean, Shirley was bad writing in S1, but good GOD how many retcons can we have for this girl? I mean REALLY. I'm glad I'm not a fan of the Lelouch x Shirley ship, because this'd just be the mother of all ship-blocks here. But that aside, how many times can you possibly waffle and flip-flop a character's development? WHICH SHIRLEY DO YOU STUPID WRITERS WANT?

I mean, REALLY. I just cannot believe. I mean there's the first time after Mao, then the note behind the desk, then R2's reset button, and now this. I don't even. I don't even care that it's happened because who knows if it won't get reset again?

Man, to hell with Shirley.

Bakemonogatari 2

That scene at the altar was pretty intense, and it convinced me to keep going with this show. Dialogue is very hard to follow. Especially when there are so many camera pans to words and shit that aren't up there long enough to read.

That's what the pause button is for.

So that girl is his friend now, but I hope her sarcastic nature isn't completely gone.

Thankfully it isn't.

The funny thing is, I wonder if the Count's plan would even work if Albert wasn't so infatuated with the guy. I mean, it's the Count of Monte Cristo and his charisma stat is through the roof, but Albert facilitates EVERYTHING for him.

The Count's entire plan rests on manipulating Albert into serving as his entry point into Parisian society.

Code Geass R2 12

Oh. Fucking. Bullshit.

Okay, let me get out of the way that Lelouch is a massive slimeball playing around at High School while Kallen, who he promised to save, languishes in a Britannian cell. Nunally's mercy or no, it's slimy of him. Biding your time doesn't cut it, either.

Are we clear on that? Good, because there's something else we need to talk about. Somethings, really.

First and foremost
THERE'S A FUCKING GEASS CANCELLER? WHERE WAS THIS SHIT WHEN IT COULD HAVE SAVED EUPHEMIA? FUCK, SHE COULD'VE RUN AWAY AND HAD A QUIET LIFE WITH SUZAKU SOMEWHERE, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. INSTEAD LORD ORANJEREMIAH GETS IT.

Glad to have vented that, because here's where, above all else, the show finally shows some really, truly, inexcusably bad writing. SHIRLEY. I mean, Shirley was bad writing in S1, but good GOD how many retcons can we have for this girl? I mean REALLY. I'm glad I'm not a fan of the Lelouch x Shirley ship, because this'd just be the mother of all ship-blocks here. But that aside, how many times can you possibly waffle and flip-flop a character's development? WHICH SHIRLEY DO YOU STUPID WRITERS WANT?

I mean, REALLY. I just cannot believe. I mean there's the first time after Mao, then the note behind the desk, then R2's reset button, and now this. I don't even. I don't even care that it's happened because who knows if it won't get reset again?

My god ...You're at that point.

INCOMING REACTIONS ... in 5,4,3,2,1......

Articalys

Oreimo S2 ep.8

Yeah, I also knew about this from LN spoilers a while back. Still doesn't change the fact that Kyosuke is one of the most terrible LN protagonists I can think of.

Also, Kana Hanazawa trolling Kana Hanazawa was fairly amusing.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

Code Geass R2 12

Oh. Fucking. Bullshit.

First and foremost

*bracing*

CorvoSol

Full Metal Panic! Sigma 10

So Leonard just wants to talk, and what he has to say is this:
Essentially what Gauron said to Sousuke, except that where Gauron praised Sousuke after a long line of people had torn him down and called him strong, Leonard calls Kaname smart, and everyone else dumb. He extends an invitation to her to join Amalgam, so that people don't die, while flirting with her about his stolen kiss from three months back. Leonard mentions a serial killer, who murdered some 30 people and is on death row, then notes how odd it is that Sousuke, whose killed at least a hundred, if not more, seems so well liked.
This is of course, ignoring the fact that Leonard will soon be responsible for the deaths of goodness knows how many folks. And indeed,
Mythril HQ in Sydney is blown to pieces not long afterward, and the Indian Ocean Fleet loses contact. Merida Island, the Pacific Fleet's HQ, is all that's left.
Sousuke requests an immediate removal to Merida for himself and Kaname, but Kalinin warns him that escape routes have likely been compromised and they'll need to take an alternate route in the morning.
This sounds plausible, but is more sinister when you remember that Kalinin is in fact in league with Leonard Testarossa now.
Come morning, Kaname and Sousuke have only 5 minutes before the helicopter comes to pick them up, but are surrounded by no less than 13 Alastors. Amalgam has declared war on Mythril, and as Tessa notes, Leonard will do anything to get Kaname for himself.

Of special note, Leonard mentions that Amalgam's code name for Kaname is "Job". I can't tell if that's supposed to be like, Job where you work, or Job the dude. Neither of them contrast well with Mythril's Angel. As in, Amalgam sees Kaname as either business or someone who is about to suffer a great deal, and Mythril sees her as something precious and special. Faux symbolism, but it never hurts to point out that Leonard and his friends have only the most sinister of intentions.

Even if he has an awesome coat that blocks knives and gunfire.

Isn't the next LN for oreimo also the last? We could actually see real ending in anime. This episode was so perfect before the last 30s. Fuck this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom