• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I give Heartcatch Precure a 9/10.

This sucks. All I have left is the movie. And that probably doesn't even have the 'tomorrow Song. What will I do now? Start Smile I guess?

Bleach 3 - 4 (5th rewatch?)

I hadnt realized they had translated Hado 33 Sokatsui as Pale Fire Crash...so glad they used Sokatsui in future episodes.

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws.""

This sucks. All I have left is the movie. And that probably doesn't even have the 'tomorrow Song. What will I do now? Start Smile I guess?

It has an alternative version of Tomorrow song.

If you do start Smile though, then I guess that'll be my next one, I don't want to be tempted by spoilers.

mAcOdIn

Does anyone have any complaints about anime on Hulu?
Is the quality/translation good?
Well I have complaints about everything! But I would say on average the stuff on Hulu is pretty good from about two seasons ago and up but stuff older than that is very hit and miss when it comes to the encode, Some of it is downright terrible. But, at the end of the day it's just streaming video, not sure anyone really goes in there with super high expectations but some of the catalog titles are pretty fugly.
Gargantia 1-3

Seems like an alright show but are all conflicts going to involve an under powered enemy and an over powered hero?
I would like the show to go in several directions.

First, you could have Ledo eventually try and bring civilization on Earth up to his level somewhat as allies against the Hideawhateverthefucktheywere and deal with the eventual conflict that'd arise when the relatively underdeveloped Earth comes into contact with Ledo's home which really has little way of turning out well for the people on Earth.

Second, they could totally ignore space and have them deal with what happens when you lose your almighty trump card, I can't imagine the robot would stay powered forever so surely some of the conflicts they're going to resolve that hinged on their side having the giant robot could then be revisited once it's out of power and then Ledo's have to learn how to be more resourceful.

I guess they could just keep the super robot and fuck shit up 24/7 but that's boring.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Doremi!

Assuming you've seen Sailor Moon subbed already.

I guess the problem is that I watch most anime. If I only watched the good stuff, I might was well just stop though!

Honestly, you should go cold turkey for a while. Get some perspective. It helped me a lot when the negativity of this thread had dragged me down to the point where my days were filled with fantasies about killing everyone connected with the anime industry. (Well, that and the medication.) It's not healthy for you. Don't let some obsessive hobby turn you into a twisted ball of hatred. This is supposed to be entertainment!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't agree with him; the show lacks ENERGY. But the new character won me over because she is basically 7Th pandering. Exactly what I always wanted Precure to have, a cute bitch character.
Hype for next episode rising.
Heartcatch Precure 49 - End

Final Precure rankings:

Marine>Sunshine>Moonlight>Blossom.
For me, it is Marine > Blossom > Moonlight > Sunshine. Tsubomi's character is really moé.

Syrinx

For me, it is Marine > Blossom > Moonlight > Sunshine. Tsubomi's character is really moé.

Well Erika's the best. There's no disputing that. As for Itsuki, what can I say? I like tomboys and girls who dress in the boys' uniform. That automatically puts her up. And I might have put her above Yuri but Yuri just became so awesome toward the end I had to recognize. But I did like Tsubomi a lot.

Jarmel

Banned
...I should have just waited to post the news article until the SAO picture wasn't on the front of everyone's mind.

iZiGO4tng8gOz.jpg

Rather not rank the Cures there yet, but I do think Marine was the best.

I do like Blossom though. The naming conventions really fit well here in regards to her character.

7Th

I refuse to do any Precure ranking other than this:

Erika/Marine >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Everyone else (in every anime ever)

Narag

[My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Lolicon! 2] 04

This show used to be a satire of the people who were into otaku-pandering anime. Now it has become an otaku-pandering anime.

Watching this right now actually and not enjoying it all that much because the episode is like that.

Edit: ok the doujinshi section bit was good.

[My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Lolicon! 2] 04

This show used to be a satire of the people who were into otaku-pandering anime. Now it has become an otaku-pandering anime.

This is like when Jexhius claims that Bakemonogatari wasn't a harem anime until Nisemonogatari. It was always pandering!

Articalys

You know what, I think this
Honestly, you should go cold turkey for a while. Get some perspective. It helped me a lot when the negativity of this thread had dragged me down to the point where my days were filled with fantasies about killing everyone connected with the anime industry. (Well, that and the medication.) It's not healthy for you. Don't let some obsessive hobby turn you into a twisted ball of hatred. This is supposed to be entertainment!
is correct. You guys are so full of hate for everything that I'm starting to get close to not being able to enjoy stuff that I think I would otherwise.

You have 2 paths in front of you.

Choose the blue pill , and watch either splash star or the "futari wa" ( first season ).
You'll experience what made this serie great on the basic level.

Choose the red pill , and watch either fresh or smile.
You'll experience a more up to date of what precure has become. Warning both show have several cons such as a slow start & slow character develloppement for the heroines .

Hype for next episode rising.

Marine > moonlight > sunshine = blossom.

is correct. You guys are so full of hate for everything that I'm starting to get close to not being able to enjoy stuff that I think I would otherwise.

I'm doing well by ignoring the hate for the shows i enjoy.

Jarmel

Banned

This is rather mild. There is nothing in anime I truly hate other than AO. Now if you really wanted to see me out of my mind pissed off, you should have contacted me the week Mass Effect 3 was released. I felt like I literally had a ball in my stomach. I probably would have punched a Bioware developer or too if I had met them.

Narag

If the people here are keeping you from liking something, I'd think the actual show is at fault rather than what anyone has to say. Just filter it out and stop worrying what others think about what you like.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Fuck it, I'm doing the whole thing.

Marine > Sunshine > Sunny > Blossom > White > Black > Peach > Happy > Passion > Peace > Melody > March > Moonlight > Berry > Rhythm > Beauty > Pine > Dream > Bloom > Egret > Rouge > Aqua > Lemonade > Beat > Mint > Muse > Diamond > Sword > Rosetta > Heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shiny Luminous

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fuck it, I'm doing the whole thing.

Marine > Sunshine > Sunny > Blossom > White > Black > Peach > Happy > Passion > Peace > Melody > March > Moonlight > Berry > Rhythm > Beauty > Pine > Dream > Bloom > Egret > Rouge > Aqua > Lemonade > Beat > Mint > Muse > Diamond > Sword > Rosetta > Heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shiny Luminous

You put
Diamond
behind
Muse
? Seriously?

Meet me in the playground, we're throwing down.

So since everything I'm watching has reached 3 episodes, it's time for rankings!

Great tier

Attack on Titan: Perfectly acceptable adaptation of an excellent manga. Not once have I felt the direction was inappropriate. The action, art and music is all great.

Hataraku Maou-sama: Surprise of the season. I've always been a fan of this very specific "fish out of water" scenario, and it's executed in a damn good way that is funny, heart-warming and though-provoking. It could still turn into Superior, with its poor handling of moral ambiguity and atonement, but for now, it's a damn good show.

Good tier

Muromi-san: Hilarious mermaid antics, fantastic animation, amusing characters; comedy of the season!

Hentai Ouji: Pretty heart-warming with a super :cajun OP/ED and a pretty interesting premise for a harem series. The character interactions are pretty good. Hopefully the most recent episode resolving a certain plot point doesn't cause the show to go downhill.

Mushibugyou: One of the most standard battle shounens I've seen in recent memory. That's fine though, it has a lot of positives the genre is known for. The art is cool, especially the eyes at points. Action is fun as well.

Yondemasu Yo Azazel-san Z: More funny demon comedy antics? Yes please. Still amusing in all its raunchy glory.

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge: Some nice animation, effective tone shifts, and a good refresher of a source that I had completely forgotten. I just wish they didn't erase all the color during the fight scenes.

Valvrave: Pure entertainment. It also has a villain group (or nation I should say) that is damn satisfying to watch when they fail/lose/get in shitty situations. Just as long as it stays that way and doesn't make me sympathize with them. If that happens, the show can fuck off.

Gargantia: Ocean world scenarios are always fun, and this seems to be no exception. It's interesting to watch the dynamic between people that can't understand each other and their growing trust.

Hayate no Gotoku: Cuties: This really should be in meh tier, but since they're actually making an effort to adapt chapters featuring the best character, I can't hate them for it.

Meh tier

Nyaruku-san W: It's still amusing, but there's not really anything special about it. Feels like I'm watching out of obligation at this point.

Date a Live: It's TWGOK + Infinite Stratos. That should be a lot better than it actually is. I can still enjoy it to some extent, and I do like the setup, but it does feel like a waste of a premise a lot.

Oreimo 2: I feel like Kirino is worse than she was in season 1. It's damn aggravating. It's a shame too, because she brings down the whole show despite the supporting cast being solid.

Aku no Hana: Some things might work, but this is still ugly as hell, awkward to watch, and a poor representation of the super entertaining source material.

Dropped tier

Majestic Prince: Dropped it at ep 2. I'm just not feeling it. Characters are aggravating and a lot of it is just boring. Maybe I'll pick it up again when it ends if I hear good things, but for now, I can live without it.

Aiura: This is honestly one of the dullest anime I have ever seen.

This is like when Jexhius claims that Bakemonogatari wasn't a harem anime until Nisemonogatari. It was always pandering!

I think it's a matter of degrees here. The pandering was far less egregious in Bakemonogatari and didn't distract from the surreal vibe of the show. Maybe it was the same in Oreimo S1 vs S2 but I watched neither so I can't really say.

That reminds me, I have 5 episodes left of Bakemonogatari. I should finish that.

How did this happen?! You should finish this ASAP!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You put
Diamond
behind
Muse
? Seriously?

Meet me in the playground, we're throwing down.

The potential is there, but she's unfortunately dragged down by association with all of her moronic friends. See: my avatar.

So since everything I'm watching has reached 3 episodes, it's time for rankings!

Mushibugyou: One of the most standard battle shounens I've seen in recent memory. That's fine though, it has a lot of positives the genre is known for. The art is cool, especially the eyes at points. Action is fun as well.

Valvrave: Pure entertainment. It also has a villain group (or nation I should say) that is damn satisfying to watch when they fail/lose/get in shitty situations. Just as long as it stays that way and doesn't make me sympathize with them. If that happens, the show can fuck off..

Valvrave way too low

Mushibugyo is fun, if only it could have been really long running or something, so many possibilities with the bugs and Jinbee's excitement and va.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom