• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoexe

I really hate DAL but they have some goood character designs and outfits.

Speaking of which, I know how much yall love Kurumi and this came up on my feed so here you go.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575516_463189223759214_530043506_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/968779_461430160601787_275300291_n.jpg

NSFW. Probably.

Edit: Kayos~

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Dat Kurimi

cajun weekend has been officially extended

but it's erika weekend now

Erika weekend wooooo

W1d2tF7.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Manami is the one dropping the salt factory on Kirino if season 1 is anything to go by.

Seriously dude, you're giving into a vanilla pairing? What happened to all guys getting hit by a bus?

I don't know you anymore!

All I'm saying is, if there has to be a vanilla pairing by the end of the show, I want Kirino to take it.

Don't leave me Steroyd! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

All I'm saying is, if there has to be a vanilla pairing by the end of the show, I want Kirino to take it.

Don't leave me Steroyd! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

But she already has a yuri partner D:

Dresden

Yep, that's good ol' Nobita.

Nice impressions. I have seen animation fragments of it, but one of this days I shall make myself with this movie...
so I can recommend more than just the 1980 version of it (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26638952&postcount=12102)

Hmm, interesting. My interest in doraemon-releated stuff has gone up in general so I might check out the original work at some point. Plan is to watch the 2011 movie first, though, Doraemon & the Robot Army.

Sengoku Basara 3

After the crazy series opening the middle episodes felt like a drag, at least for me. It all picks up again by episode 6 or 7 though, and it's pretty much just a sprint to the finish line from there.

As I mentioned when I wrote my impressions, I was really impressed by both the structure and the pacing of the movie. I was surprised by how much time was devoted to establishing both the characters and the world in a children's movie; I expected there to be about ten minutes of time devoted the set-up, not a good half an hours worth of content.

And it's so well handled that it doesn't feel like a drag. of the two backlog titles i picked up three years ago i thought the shin-chan (attack of the nostalgic shoe) movie was good, but this is on another level.

Do you guys recommend Kids on the Slope? It was directed by Shinichiro Watanabe so it can't be bad, right?

The jazz performances are consistently excellent, and the show as a whole is good through episode 7, which ends on a gloriously high note. The remaining episodes ram through unbelievable melodrama, becoming more about angsty twists than character development, which dampens the overall experience. Watanabe's decision to cram the entire manga into 12 episodes was not the best, at least the way he handled it. He doesn't appear to have a natural talent for adaptations. Still, I'd say the show is worth watching for its highs.

Attack on Indifference - 8
I wasn't feeling it, and I think this show is starting to lose me. The battle is starting to feel pretty drawn out to me too.

Trapeze - 4-7
Some patients and their issues are less interesting to me than others, but the show has had a consistent look and level of quality so far that it's hard to not be entertained in some way. It's definitely well made especially the lovably funky OP and ED. I stopped after finishing the yakuza whose afraid of sharp edges episode which turned out to be one of my favorites! Looking forward to more.

duckroll

Do you guys recommend Kids on the Slope? It was directed by Shinichiro Watanabe so it can't be bad, right?

I would recommend it. But you should probably keep in mind that they adapted about 10 volumes of manga with only 12 episodes, so the pacing does suffer at points. The highs are extremely high, and the soundtrack is great. The setting and characters drive the story pretty well too.

cajunator

Banned
Zettai bouei leviathan - 07

This was the devious tale of 3 female dragon magic users in a desert trying to survive.

Levi-tan dreams sure are convenient .i'm pretty sure that whenever the writter will need a mean to move the plot forward a "dream" will conveniently happen.

We also had our tsundere oujo-sama learning how to live outdoors so it wasn't bad.

By now it's painfully obvious that our cast is kinda stupid ( hey girls , you need lots of water if you plan to travel a desert by foot ! ) i guess the common sense is different in this world than in ours.

Also , i doubt it but they should explain this stuff with the ruins and the invasion ..i'm not getting my hopes up considering this cast but who knows ?

Excellent deduction ! it's unusual to see everyone at least considering that option first but .... why are you gonna pull that spear anyway without paying attention to your surrondings ?

Anyway even with this tiny problem this episode was very entertaining.

This looks like a nice little distraction of an anime. What is a dragon magic user? assuming its an MMO term?

Oreimo S2 - 07

Oh man am I hype to see the next episode! :lol

Gets jar to collect Kuroneko fans' tears.

Something I don't understand is why people actually like Kirino. Aside from not being cute, shes also not a likeable character. Like, at all.
It makes me actually ask what would attract someone to a character like this in the first place. Like in a realistic sense. It might be the same reason I dontl ike Asuna from SAO. Like why cant the MC actually hook up with one of the interesting characters instead of the most generic one in the show in many cases of shows like this? Is this part of an otaku fantasy Im not understanding here? Anyone who watches Oreimo knows how its intended to end up, so theres no "rage and bitter tears" but more like confusion as to why there are several interesting girls and he picks a character as vapid and bitchy as Kirino.
There just isn't any explanation for why MC characters are written to hook up with the most annoying or dull or helpless character. I think I just don't enjoy these kinds of shows like I used to.
At least I can still pick best girls to wean some enjoyment from these kinds of series, but they just aren't that fun to watch anymore.

These are gorgeous. cant wait to see this.

I really hate DAL but they have some goood character designs and outfits.

Speaking of which, I know how much yall love Kurumi and this came up on my feed so here you go.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575516_463189223759214_530043506_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/968779_461430160601787_275300291_n.jpg

Removed as per everyone's suggeestion.

I missed you little mascot-kun!!
Don't get banned!

I'm looking at that picture more than I really want to... I really don't get it. Are you talkin about her boobs? I never heard of boobs being referred to as beans...

See? Goddamnit he's sooooooo adorable!!!
*glomps little mascot-kun
Cutest poster ever!

cajun weekend has been officially extended

but it's erika weekend now

I fully condone this.

Hentai ouji - (07)

Woauh woauh

Slow down girl .. you're ambitious i'll give you that but that's not the right place for such a request !

I don't think any of teh 3 grils have understood properly how the cat works.

You should'nt have to depend on him..and most of your wishes won't do you well in the long run.
SO why are you all 3 still making wishes !!!!

Andrew J.

Oreimo S2 - 08

christopher-walken-o.gif

It was just as good as I expected it to be, holy shit hahahaha! With Kuroneko out of the way it's smooth sailing from here. Let's go #TeamKirino!

You realize how utterly bizarre it is to see you voice enthusiasm for the idea of a girl entering into a romantic relationship with a guy, yes?

Narag

After the crazy series opening the middle episodes felt like a drag, at least for me. It all picks up again by episode 6 or 7 though, and it's pretty much just a sprint to the finish line from there.

Good to hear. I don't mind the slower episodes to help give it a sense of direction but only in moderation. They're not really suited for something like this.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Vanilla stands for "original, plain' pairing, meaning a hetero relationship between a guy and a girl.

By how often you frequent this thread Cajun you should know this already, we even posted ice cream pics as references.

This looks like a nice little distraction of an anime. What is a dragon magic user? assuming its an MMO term?
No.

The 3 girls ( that are all adorable in their own ways ) are magic users in that universe and they also have a dragon form for when their powers are fully activated.

Here is a pic of the girls in dragon form :

The heroines are :

-Leviathan
-Bahamut
-Jörmungandr

( those are the names of famous dragons so it all fits )

The thing in front is syrop , a delicious fairy that is a Wonderfull character, in both her actions , jokes and appetite.

And yeh it's quite intresting to watch but it's nothing special. It's just a fun adventure fantasy anime.

/XX/

Hmm, interesting. My interest in doraemon-releated stuff has gone up in general so I might check out the original work at some point. Plan is to watch the 2011 movie first, though, Doraemon & the Robot Army.
Good. From what I've seen commented, all the latest more lively animated remakes of old Doraemon films are excellent choices, since Mr. Watanabe's 2006 movie.

cajunator

Banned
Vanilla stands for "original, plain' pairing, meaning a hetero relationship between a guy and a girl.

By how often you frequent this thread Cajun you should know this already, we even posted ice cream pics as references.

There are many times I read the posts in here and :kayos over certain terms. I just haven't asked up till now what they mean.

fertygo

Good to hear. I don't mind the slower episodes to help give it a sense of direction but only in moderation. They're not really suited for something like this.

Both season suffer from that, but the high was ridiculously awesome.

I prefer the S2 btw.

cajunator

Banned
No.

The 3 girls ( that are all adorable in their own ways ) are magic users in that universe and they also have a dragon form for when their powers are fully activated.

Here is a pic of the girls in dragon form :

The heroines are :

-Leviathan
-Bahamut
-Jörmungandr

( those are the names of famous dragons so it all fits )

The thing in front is syrop , a delicious fairy that is a Wonderfull character, in both her actions , jokes and appetite.

And yeh it's quite intresting to watch but it's nothing special. It's just a fun adventure fantasy anime.

I could use a good fun adventure fantasy anime right now. How long is it? Im too lazy to go to ANN.
Sad I know.

I could use a good fun adventure fantasy anime right now. How long is it? Im too lazy to go to ANN.
Sad I know.

First ,you're not wrong into thinking in MMO terms since the anime is based on a game.

Second we still are at episode 7 ( it's ongoing ) it was annonced for 12 eps but maybe more later ???

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chihayafuru 2 20

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18780843/anime/chihayas220.jpg

I swear that if you took a drink for every time they flashed back to their childhood or Taichi got all mopey at the mere thought of Arata you'd end up dead of alcohol poisoning before the credits even begin to roll.
Flashing back to their childhood? Flashing back in general more like. They didn't even try to disguise the laziness of reusing footage in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom