• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Vanilla isn't even a plain flavor. Isn't there an actual Plain flavored ice cream? I thought I saw one when I went to Walmart.

Spice and Wolf II 07

And we enter a new town and of course a new arc. Definitely starting slow but it does fit with the whole winter setting so it'll probably take some time for me to warm up to it.

cajunator

Banned
First ,you're not wrong into thinking in MMO terms since the anime is based on a game.

Second we still are at episode 7 ( it's ongoing ) it was annonced for 12 eps but maybe more later ???

Nice.
Ill check it out on my off time.
Gonna watch some of K-On season 2 as well.

Also, my favorite ice cream flavor is pistachio almond.

Narag

Sengoku Basara 6

N5LUkJNl.jpg

Apparently there was this void in my soul that I never knew existed and only now realize it was there after this show had filled it.

Taruranto

urgh that kinda makes me sick. What kind of person would have a picture of his little sister in a bikini as the wallpaper on their phone.

The same kind of person that watches/read an anime/novel called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute", i guess.

Utena

Can I just skip these Nanami episodes or is there a point to them? Seeing her turn into a cow was kind of funny, but it felt like filler.

But Nanami's episode are the best episodes.

cajunator

Banned
The same kind of person that watches/read an anime/novel called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute", i guess.

You guess wrong.
Many people watch Oreimo for the novelty and for the antics of the other characters.
Although it is a strange subject matter to begin with.

Taruranto

You guess wrong.
Many people watch Oreimo for the novelty and for the antics of the other characters.
Although it is a strange subject matter to begin with.

What i am saying is that i find weird that people watch a show clearly about incest pandering otaku waifu-wish fulfillment only to later lament the fact that the show panders to incest fans.

Seriously, what did people expect when they started an anime called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" about a little sister who plays eroge about little sisters?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What i am saying is that i find weird that people watch a show clearly about incest pandering otaku waifu-wish fulfillment only to later lament the fact that the show panders to incest fans.

Seriously, what did people expect when they started an anime called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" about a little sister who plays eroge about little sisters?

Wait... I thought Kirino wasn't his sister....

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

The first season deluded us all into thinking that it was not about incest. Which, to be fair, it was not about incest.

Syrinx

Hataraku-Maou Sama 3

That Chiho girl is gonna be in for a rude awakening when she discovers that Maou is actually Satan. You know, the ruler of all that is dark and evil? Maybe she could end up being the Dark Queen though. Pretty sweet deal for a fast food worker.

Big earthquake. Satan gets his powers back. But he wants to save people. I hope he doesn't become good. Watching him and Alciel and Emi living menial lives trying to survive according to Earth's rules do despite who they were in the other world is a lot of what makes this show so charming. Would suck to have fucking Satan of all people have a heel-face-turn.

cajunator

Banned

I have no qualms about the incest part. Just about the guy going after what I feel is the most boring and stupid character in the whole show. Although the whole thing is fantasy so it doesn't matter. It does make me wonder how anyone could actually be attracted to a character like Kirino in the first place. Obviously some people are.

Jex

I remember watching one episode of Sengoku Basara, getting extremely bored, and putting down the series permanently. It must have left a rather bad impression on me for me to drop it so quickly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hataraku-Maou Sama 3

That Chiho girl is gonna be in for a rude awakening when she discovers that Maou is actually Satan. You know, the ruler of all that is dark and evil? Maybe she could end up being the Dark Queen though. Pretty sweet deal for a fast food worker.

Big earthquake. Satan gets his powers back. But he wants to save people. I hope he doesn't become good. Watching him and Alciel and Emi living menial lives trying to survive according to Earth's rules do despite who they were in the other world is a lot of what makes this show so charming. Would suck to have fucking Satan of all people have a heel-face-turn.

I don't really put much stock in the character's names in this show. Far as I'm concerned, he's just a dark lord of another dimension who just happens to be named Satan, not Satan in the religious sense. It's just a name.

I watched the first season. I didn't want to believe it was the case. I thought the anime was going revolve around the brother fixing his relationship with his sister. Boy was I wrong. After seeing the second season (and imo the 180 they pulled) I don't think anyone can argue that this show is not for the deluded incest fans. I'm actually feeling bad for supporting this shit.

I have no qualms about the incest part. Just about the guy going after what I feel is the most boring and stupid character in the whole show. Although the whole thing is fantasy so it doesn't matter. It does make me wonder how anyone could actually be attracted to a character like Kirino in the first place. Obviously some people are.

Most boring character is probably Kureneko or Manami. Most stupid is the MC. I think your confusing people who say TeamKirino as people who like her. I think they are on TeamKirino because she is the MC's sister. Either that for they hate Kureneko.

The iDOLm@sters 3

A Yukiho episode.... and she has a Man/Dogphobia. She reminds me of Inami from Working!! actually.

That is Inami. Both have a phobia against men. Whereas Yukiho attempts to bury herself, Inami just.... violently attacks men. So knowing this, it was pretty hard to sit through the episode but I managed to succeed anyway, since I've been through worse.

It's nice that iDOLm@sters isn't a comedy driven series, otherwise Yukiho would be even more painful to deal with like with Inami. I have no idea what drives Yukiho's fear, which is something I hope gets covered in greater detail because why not? I mean, at least they made progress immediately to help Yukiho get over her case and didn't go LETS return to status quo, so that's great.

Syrinx

I don't really put much stock in the character's names in this show. Far as I'm concerned, he's just a dark lord of another dimension who just happens to be named Satan, not Satan in the religious sense. It's just a name.
I dunno, at the very least, the name choice had to be deliberate.

Even if he isnt Satan in biblical terms, he's still an evil demon lord. I guess I just want him to maintain the dynamic he has with Emi. It would be ruined if he turned good. And if he does turn good, it really should be for better reasons.than a girl he works with having a crush on him.

cajunator

Banned
The iDOLm@sters 3

A Yukiho episode.... and she has a Man/Dogphobia. She reminds me of Inami from Working!! actually.

That is Inami. Both have a phobia against men. Whereas Yukiho attempts to bury herself, Inami just.... violently attacks men. So knowing this, it was pretty hard to sit through the episode but I managed to succeed anyway, since I've been through worse.

It's nice that iDOLm@sters isn't a comedy driven series, otherwise Yukiho would be even more painful to deal with like with Inami. I have no idea what drives Yukiho's fear, which is something I hope gets covered in greater detail because why not? I mean, at least they made progress immediately to help Yukiho get over her case and didn't go LETS return to status quo, so that's great.

Are there actually girls like this IRL? Because they seem really scary.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Gargantia 8

Holy shit what an episode. I can't recall an episode of anime I've watched that knocked atmosphere out of the park like this one did. Absolutely fantastic on every level.

And back it goes to my show of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom