• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Ok let me clear this up so clear any misunderstandings. :lol

My preferred romance: yuri

Other romance whether bi-sexual or straight: A-OK.

What I vision in my head as the garden: yuri romance. That's it.

I did not mean to say bi's or straights go away or anything like that. At all.
I know. ;p

I only brought it up because there are actual people that think bisexuality doesn't exist and use dumb arguments about purity and not being a team player unironically.

who the hell is korbo?
korbo.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm pretty sure I asked you before and you gave a response but I don't recall, SDBurton, what about Yuri romance is appealing to you again? Really curious.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure I asked you before and you gave a response but I don't recall, SDBurton, what about Yuri romance is appealing to you again? Really curious.

I just love the challenge it presents. I mean, when you have a male lead and he falls in love with a girl, his major concern is how to win her heart. When you have a girl in his position, obtaining the love of another is only but one of the hurdles she'll have to come across. Her friends, her family, and the society around her could be possible obstacles that prevent her from achieving happiness. Having a character go through such trials and hardship until she eventually reach her goal just makes the payout for finding love that much grander in my eyes.

jgminto

I just love the challenge it presents. I mean, when you have a male lead and he falls in love with a girl, his major concern is how to win her heart. When you have a girl in his position, obtaining the love of another is only but one of the hurdles she'll have to come across. Her friends, her family, and the society around her could be possible obstacles that prevent her from achieving happiness. Having a character go through such trials and hardship until she eventually reach her goal just makes the payout for finding love that much grander in my eyes.

But couldn't all of those things apply to yaoi as well?

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Wait, you build angsty narratives like this for all of your pairings? I just thought that you thought that anime lesbianism was hot. My whole image of you is in shambles.

But how often does anime really address any of these challenges? Most yuri shows turn all women into lesbians and treat it as the default thing.

DiGiKerot

Too tired to continue the argument. Whatever, you win.

------------------------------

In other developments, the first season of Code Geass is getting a Blu-ray box release on September 25.

http://www.geass.jp/first/blurayBox.html

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CD1D5LK/

edit: the series has been released on Blu-ray singles before, by the way, but this is the first time it's being released in one box collection.

First time it's been released as a BD box in Japan - it's been out in the UK as a two complete series BD sets (one for the first series, one for R2) for a while.

I'm sure the Japanese set will be way better quality, but the UK one is pretty cheap!

fertygo

The Big O - 14

Yeah.. its not the same, at least the art.. S1 never look this bad, the new composition and color design are fugly.

The character art also degrading, well at least the mech part still good.

The episode itself was rather bad, such a contrived episode.

And fucking tomatoes man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom