• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Every time Corvo posts impressions, I want to start watching whatever he's watching.

Then let me take this moment to emphatically discourage you from watching the following shows:

1) Rah Xephon. It's shit. Don't believe anyone, yourself included, if they tell you otherwise.

2)Gundam 00. Remember what I said about Rah Xephon? Multiply that by about a billion. Rah Xephon at least ripped off a good show. Gundam 00 tried to be original and all it managed to do was be the absolute fucking worst Gundam in the history of ever and quite possibly the biggest insult to Giant Robots, Real and Super, to have ever been made. It's shit. No, shit is too common, too simple, too weak a word for what it is.

Gundam 00 is an affront to everything that is good about the mecha genre. It takes every trope, every convention, every last possibility which might be conceivably employed in a mecha/Gundam storyline and taints them, acting as a poison, nay, a disease which corrupts that which is right in the body, turning the flesh against itself, until nothing is left but hatred and sickness.

Its action devolves into the most piss poor pile of juvenile design, with such a frighteningly incomprehensible array of lasers and explosions and spinning cameras that you cannot hope to make sense of it. Its characters are meaningless mouths from which empty dialogue spews as a fountain of raw sewage, because no character is ever developed, and therefore there is nothing for any of them to discuss. The protagonist is every mecha protagonist ever, with all that is good or enjoyable removed from them as a vampire removes the blood from its victim. The plot is an absurd, dadaist series of events which happen without rhyme, reason, or repercussion. People die and are either revived instantly, brought back as characters with identical identities, or replaced with a nigh identical stand in. The movie could have been a toddler screaming at the top of their lungs directly into my ear as someone scratched a chalk board for three continuous hours and it would at least have made more sense.

Never, ever, ever, under any circumstances, no matter how attractive, no matter how much money she is offering, no matter how threatened your life may be, should you, for any reason, watch, or through your inaction allow someone that you love, to watch Gundam 00. Ever.

3)Don't watch Gundam AGE. It's shit.

I married Nowi.

Reggie what's wrong with you.gif

The Big O -13
So good.. awesome finale, what the fuck so they just cancel it like that in the past? smh.

And its all downhill from here? :(

NO, FERTY NO. Season 2 of The Big O is the best season of the show. TOMATOES.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
mU8WQYi.gif

Let me get this fucking straight.

Bun
Lettuce
Big Fucking Onion
BBQ sauce + pickles
cheese
beef patty
Lettuce 2: The Lettuce Strikes Back
I have no idea what this layer is
Lettuce 3: Return of the Lettuce
Tomato
Cheese 2.0
Chicken Patty
More BBQ Sauce!
I have no idea what this layer is Part Deux
Cheese 3.0
Uncooked patty
MORE BBQ SAUCE
Uncooked patty for double the E-Coli
MORE BBQ DAMMIT
Lettuce 4: The Phantom Lettuce
Bun

2/10 would not eat.

Emitan

Bun
Lettuce
Big Fucking Onion
BBQ sauce + pickles
cheese
beef patty
Tomato
Cheese 2.0
Chicken Patty
More BBQ Sauce!
Cheese 3.0
Uncooked patty
MORE BBQ SAUCE
MORE BBQ DAMMIT
Bun

2/10 would not eat.
Doesn't have enough BBQ for an Emiburger

Articalys

Oh wait, are you guys going to rush to the next OT already? I'll just wait and repost the Daisuki thing in the new thread once it calms down then.
Can't believe I'm going to barely wind up in the top ten posters despite trying to be less active.

duckroll

"I have no idea what this layer is" and "I have no idea what this layer is Part Deux" are just bun partitions. Ever eaten a Big Mac? :p

Syrinx

I don't remember where she was eating that burger, but didn't they eat a lot at some fast food joint? What fast food place serves a monstrosity like that? You'd need to go to a specialty place or something.

No pickles, no uncooked onions. I like to be able to taste my food without odd distractions. I like grilled onions though!

Well, I guess my taste on burgers tends to vary honestly. Sometimes the distractions are nice, other times it's like get the fuck off, JUST ME AND THE BEEF!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
|OT| We're the better than ManGAF and ToonamiGAF

|OT| Greatest of the three

|OT| Vampires, Titans, and Yuri

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Bun
Lettuce
Big Fucking Onion
BBQ sauce + pickles
cheese
beef patty
Tomato
Cheese 2.0
Chicken Patty
More BBQ Sauce!
Cheese 3.0
Uncooked patty
MORE BBQ SAUCE
MORE BBQ DAMMIT
Bun

2/10 would not eat.

It's Japan, so that "big fucking onion" is actually egg.

trejo

Whoever is making the new OT, can we please dispense with the negative numbering now? That joke is way past its expiration date.

Articalys

Actually I want to apologize earlier for the life question. It was mostly me trying to vent about RL stuff and probably unnecessarily serious for this thread.

ibp7SKMG0zfNr0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom