• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT-8| What could be beyond OT-8? Possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpjolee

Shingeki no Kyojin 04

Man, that last two minutes were epic!

Manga was awesome, but I love the anime adaptation much more.
Manga goes back and forth too much and had to read twice to keep up with what is actually going on.

Articalys

See you next week.
Okay, you know what, let's just do it this way. How about all of you take the chance to tell me anything you dislike about me -- the way I talk, posts I make, shows I like, whatever -- then I can pack it all up and take it with me so you don't ever have to deal with my face here again. Sound good?

I'll check back in, oh, five hours or so.

sol_bad

Is there any particular reason why a fansub group would continue to do a show when it's available on a streaming service?
Is it because they feel the official releases translation isn't very good or is it more to do with the rest of the world not being able to access the streaming services?

I mean I'm from Australia and due to a Google Chrome add-on I am able to access Hulu. Someone on GAF linked me to the add-on but can't remember who. I'm happy to pay the $9 a month for it, much cheaper than any Foxtel type service here and if I can access it along with Crunchyroll surely anyone can.

Although if I kept completely legit I would miss out on Attack on Titans as I can't access it on Crunchyroll or Funimations site.

Narag

Okay, you know what, let's just do it this way. How about all of you take the chance to tell me anything you dislike about me -- the way I talk, posts I make, shows I like, whatever -- then I can pack it all up and take it with me so you don't ever have to deal with my face here again. Sound good?

It's this I don't like. For months you've had people genuinely worried about you given how prone you are to lashing out at everyone yet that sentiment is generally ignored in favor of addressing your detractors. It's like nothing in this thread can make you happy and you're eager to make sure everyone knows that even if people are willing to work with you.

DTL posting all the news? Upset he's posting all the news.
DTL didn't post something? Upset he didn't post all the news.
Favorite property spoke of negatively? Community is awful.

You need to take a step back, relax, and stop getting worked up over things. This isn't a competition. I've seen you upset and discouraged to the point of not wanting to post impressions because others post some you consider more eloquent and thus yours are inferior. That's not the case as anyone wanting your impressions would read your posts about a show regardless of post length.

Make your posts, do so for your sake and not others, stop being so competitive about it all, and stop purposefully trying to grate people so their patience runs out so an exit by yourself is their fault rather than any choice of yours.

wonzo

Banned

I just want you to stop taking such trivial things so seriously by overblowing them to the nth degree, which is usuall followed with an "I'm leaving for good" statement. It just comes across as incredibly petty.

7Th

Too much precure did this.

tumblr_mlxwrdzuBk1qg7h6bo1_500.gif

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What is Precure exactly? Looks like a modern day Sailor Moon to me.

I think youre extremely likeable and such and am constantly confused why one who is so likeable would get easily distressed over anime and what others say about it. I liked Guilty Crown, Valvrave, and lots of other anime and manga that get some pretty harsh comments about them, but I dont think I ever felt like wanting to quit because of it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Attack on Titan 04:

@ last two minutes: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the first show in several seasons that makes my anticipation for each new episode absolutely unbearable. It's good to know that I can still feel this.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I don't dislike anything about you. In fact I find your posts interesting and informative. I honestly don't understand why you get bent out of shape over such small things. Like that time someone used :articalys, and you got suuuuper pissed off about it. It's just an anime thread on a video game forum, yo. I actually think you're a great asset to the community, and it'd be a shame to see you leave over such small things.

Jarmel

Banned
Attack on Titan 4-

Next episode is going to be hype incarnate. Is there a really good blog following this that is full of newbies?

Izayoi

Banned
Yuyushiki 1-3

I love it. Some of the mushy stuff just makes me melt, like the whiteboard scene. Too fucking cute.

Purest form of love, etc. Feel good show of the season.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 6

My favorite part of this episode was the cup ramen tree.

UhizVtm.jpg

The contrasting combination of the utmost in cheap processed food with natural vegetation is delicious. Just need an instant macaroni and cheese tree and you've got the college diet.

(Also,
the bus slept in, ha.
)

duckroll

Yuyushiki 1-3

I love it. Some of the mushy stuff just makes me melt, like the whiteboard scene. Too fucking cute.

Purest form of love, etc. Feel good show of the season.

Our numbers grow. Not quite the allies I expected to have this season, but I'll make do. The rest of you can suck it.

Tenumi

Banned
This is what I get for being gone almost all day, a billion pages to read...

But at some point you gotta take a step back and just say "nah fuck those guys I like this."

This is the way I've learned to live by nowadays. I've noticed I seem to have a boatload of unpopular opinions on entertainment stuff. I watch what entertains me, its that simple.

Our numbers grow. Not quite the allies I expected to have this season, but I'll make do. The rest of you can suck it.

Yuyushiki, its the show that I put on when I just want to sit there and smile. Hasn't failed me yet, don't think it will anytime soon.

I am totally on your team for Yuyushiki. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

gQk3Jmr.jpg

The biggest weakness of the show in my opinion is that Yukari and Yuzuko's personalities are too similar, but the lively, pleasant character animation and the light-hearted stupidity of the antics help to counterbalance that. Mixing up the character dynamics a bit in episode 3, with Yukari and Yuzuko separated, was appreciated as well.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just want you to stop taking such trivial things so seriously by overblowing them to the nth degree, which is usuall followed with an "I'm leaving for good" statement. It just comes across as incredibly petty.

You know your comments just make everything worse. You don't have to have your crappy attitude to contribute something worthwhile to this thread. Sure, articalys might be at fault for how he presents himself but you definitely don't have to worsen then situation with your posts. All it does is increase the negativity on this thread and make it more hostile. I'm sure others can attest to your behavior being extremely detrimental.

jgminto

Hey now, Hentai Ouji isn't bad. It's just nowhere near Maou level.

But yeah, I think it's more suited to team speak than Maou is. Unlike with Maou, it really could go either way, as made apparent by the OP.

I didn't say it was bad, just that nobody's watching it, including me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Confidence is sexy.

Chiho has no confidence.

#TeamEmi

I think you got that backwards.

It's Emi who is with riddled with insecurities while Chiho is putting her foot down on her got dan man.

Dresden

Hey now, Hentai Ouji isn't bad. It's just nowhere near Maou level.

But yeah, I think it's more suited to team speak than Maou is. Unlike with Maou, it really could go either way, as made apparent by the OP.

Pervert Eren seems more likely to end up with no winner than anything else.

Except for Barbara-chan.

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 20

Why is Duck friends with these girls again?

Best scene was Mytho dancing to "Night on Bald Mountain" and scaring all the girls who were watching him through the window.

So Mytho and Fakir's childhood friend Raetsel
tells Duck of a special power Fakir had when he was young where he would write stories, and those stories would often come true. But sometimes they had...undesirable effects. But at the end Fakir is determined to put it to use. Drosselmeyer warns of the danger of the power. Wonder what will happen, but it sounds like something not good is coming as a result of this.

I wonder why all the endings of the books Fakir looks up in library have been removed. Perhaps they are symbolic of his and Duck's
ability to create a new ending to the legends. Or something like that.

Too little Kraehe going on. Dark Mytho has generally taken over. And he seems to be falling deeper and deeper into the blood of the raven.

Edit: I realize that I screwed up on imgur and that third image is now a future avatar I may use. I'm not on my computer anymore so I'm not fixing it.

Precure Allstars DX3 End

The Karen/Milk is strong with this one.

The groups are reunited, and each of the teams take out their respective movie villian, with Max Heart's ice bros going to Suite since they lack one. Also Shiny Luminous did jackshit here.

Despite their efforts, Black Hole negates their powers and grasps the Prism Flower. They were given a last resort, but it would result in breaking the bond between the World of Fairies and the human world, cue a lot of crying. Afterwards, the Suite team became the voice of reason. With their powers combined from their super forms, Black hole is killed, everyone is saved, and the credits starts with everyone crying. But it's all okay in the end, because otherwise, Suite can't continue.

Well this film fixed my issue with the last DX movie. The last one gave more focus to the more recent teams, mainly because they're not crippled by being seperated from other people to transform (that and Heartcatch was the most recent at the time). This time, everyone had equal focus. I can see this becoming a problem again as more Precure get added into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom